Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ann Romney run for Senate?

Massachusetts Republicans urging Mitt's wife to make a bid for higher office

Republicans in Massachusetts are said to be encouraging Ann Romney to run for U.S. Senate.

After her husband's failed presidential bid, GOP insiders say the wife of the former Massachusetts governor has the cachet needed to build momentum among the state's conservatives.

Republicans are scrambling to find a candidate to run for the vacant senate seat left by Democrat John Kerry, who left the Senate after 29 years to become U.S. Secretary of State on Friday.

Many suspected Scott Brown, the Republican who previously represented the state in the upper chamber of Congress, would be in the running for Kerry's seat.

Brown won the 2010 special election for longtime Sen. Ted Kennedy's seat following his death, but lost a re-election battle last year to Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren. But Brown said that he didn't think another run was a good idea and concluded that he wouldn't be a candidate in the upcoming special election.

After Brown dealt a crushing blow to the state's party, Republican insider Ron Kaufman, an aide for the Romney 2012 campaign, told the Boston Herald that Ann Romney could be just the candidate that everyone was waiting for.

'I’ve had several people call me and ask about Ann Romney,' Mr Kaufman, who served as the White House political director and adviser to President George H.W. Bush, told the Herald. Ann Romney was seen as a credit to her husband, who was often perceived as cold and robotic during the campaign.

The 63-year-old mother of five boys, who met Mitt in high school, suffers from multiple sclerosis and is a breast cancer survivor.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

Is this from the Onion?

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

One hopes.

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

Its MY turn!

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

You people.

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

Why isn't the poison working? Help me, Dionne!

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

I doubt she would have the physical stamina, as an MS patient.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

Neigh! Neigh!

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on. (Sorry, Rafalca.)

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

We hate her.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

She will run if she doesn't have to talk to "you people," and "those people," and "other people. It would be ghastly. Just ghastly."

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

These idiots really didn't learn a thing from the election, did they? She has "momentum?" The momentum of a loose bowel movement perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

A link would be helpful, OP.

But this story is certainly plausible. Some of the political shows were talking about Mitt or one of his sons being asked to run for the MA seat on Friday when Brown dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

Given that Romney didn't win Massachusetts I can't imagine why everyone is running to him, his bitch and his spawn thinking they are going to win. No underwear is magical enough for that victory to happen!

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

From the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

R14 makes a valid point. The Romney name is not popular in Massachusetts. In fact, Romney had the worst home state loss for a Presidential nominee since 1856. He lost by 20+ points. He didn't even get to 40% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

The GOP is really grasping at straws now. I would almost feel bad for them if they weren't spawns of the unholy.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

Oh yes please. This woman can never be beaten down enough.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

I can't stand the woman, but hasn't that bitch suffered enough?

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

She couldn't stand the scrutiny that would come with a run for office.

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2013

Oh, I thought that read as "Anne Ramsey run for Senate?" Bill"ThrowHillaryOffTheTrain"Clinton

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

I sure hope she runs. It will guarantee a Dem victory.

Brown wants to be Governor.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!