Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce halftime show getting raves

Huffington post has already posted a gushing review, saying she brought her A game.

MSN is saying she was energetic and powerful

USA Today called it electrifying.

She is the talk of Twitter, and everyone is praising her.

Sorry, dolls. Looks like you're in the minority on this one.

by Anonymousreply 21202/07/2013

And I can't wait for Obama to comment on it (which he will). They're friends, you know.

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

I don't care if the whole world likes her, I still can't stand her and never will like her.

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

Twitter is all abuzz.

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

Pout, pout, pout, pout, pouty, pout, POUT!

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

OP, as the saying goes opinions are like assholes - everybody has one. The only one I care about is mine, minority or not.

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

did she actually sing this time?

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

It really was the best halftime show in the last 10 years. Beyonce was mesmerizing. She did it. She is the new Queen!

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

I did not expect the eldergays to enjoy it. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

I just hate her ghetto voice, but thinks she's talented.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

I'm assuming that this is a generational thing. I don't see how anyone could not have been blown away by that performance.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

Another rave review. In fact, this one questions how anyone could not be blown away, lol!

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

Rolling Stone calling Beyonce, "greatest halftime show in history".

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

Certified Funky Fresh!

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

Op, this the same American culture that loves Honey Boo Boo, and shows about survivalists? There's your answer, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

Everyone just feels bad because they dissed her so hard last month after the inaugural.

by Anonymousreply 1602/03/2013

I have always loved that move in Crazy in Love where she so effortlessly sinks to the ground and rotates her leg over to stomp her high heel right in your face.

Her dancing is the product of very creative GAY choreographers, Frank Gatson and JaQuel Knight. They have really done a great job over the years. I think only Tina Turner and Janet Jackson could compete with her in how much authority she has on stage. She did about a zillion gyrations a minute tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2013

Stomping around like a Clydesdale, shaking her derriere, & whipping that horse mane around is all B did and has been doing for her entire 15 year career. Nothing innovative or epic happened. The graphics and her band outdid her. Talk about a one trick pony.

by Anonymousreply 1902/03/2013

Exactly R19..........by the way, let everyone "gush" over her. It will mean absolutely nothing for future album sales or heaven forbid, film roles.

by Anonymousreply 2002/03/2013

Maybe it's just me, but the whole halftime show looked FILMED, like they used another type of camera or something. It didn't look live.

by Anonymousreply 2102/03/2013

r19 & r20 please feel free to post vids of yourselves dancing, since you are both clearly expert dancers and choreographers worthy of jeering one of the most watched programs ever. We'll wait!

by Anonymousreply 2202/03/2013

Some of this has to be a slap at Madonna, trying to dethrone her from having the best halftime show ever.

by Anonymousreply 2302/03/2013

Why not, Beyonce might not be the best singer but she's a helluva lot better than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 2502/03/2013

She is too stupid to be a true star.

by Anonymousreply 2602/03/2013

Yes, generational.

by Anonymousreply 2702/03/2013

Was Jay-Z selling crack in the stadium?

by Anonymousreply 2802/03/2013

R22, I know enough to know that real dancers dane with their feet and not just their ass or hair. Stomping and shaking long tresses can be done by anyone. Any stripper, Vegas showgirl, step team, or even any random girl/guy at the club can put on just as good of a show if not better than B. 'Yawnce could never pull off anything outside of her usual stripper moves. She doesnt have the depth to expand her artistic range. She couldnt do modern dance, interpretive dance, or even hardcore hip hop. She looked like a fish out of water doing the dance moves in Lady Gaga's video Telephone. All she knows is her bootypopping and stomping.

by Anonymousreply 3002/03/2013

And by dane obviously I meant dance.

by Anonymousreply 3102/03/2013

I totally get that she's talented and interesting to most pop music fans. I just don't like most pop music, so she's lost on me, along with Madonna, Britney, Gaga, all of them.

As for the show, I don't know. I guess it was fine. I think my problem with all pop music is it seem to have no emotion in it. It's so derivative and saccharine. Oh well...

And I'm 33.

by Anonymousreply 3202/03/2013

[quote]And I'm 33.

Aren't you eligible for AARP?

by Anonymousreply 3402/03/2013

Her PR team is paying a lot of money to limit the bad opinions people have of her. Who knows how much power her money can buy, but this -trying to limit the scandal- is definitely bought by media manipulation. Maybe even POTUS is involved, because her lip-syncing was not a great reflection on his inauguration and presidency. I hope POTUS distances himself from Beyonce, because not only her lip-syncing scandal is damaging, but her performances have gotten cheaper and cheaper over the years.

by Anonymousreply 3502/03/2013

R35 is a ridiculous dramaqueen. I am indifferent to Bey but the spectacle of someone calling for the President to "distance himself" from a woman he's probably exchanged 10 words with is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 3602/03/2013

Beyonce is a bad example for young women. Shaking your derrière in skimpy outfits, being stinking rich and displaying your ostentatious lifestyle with arrogance and lip-syncing at the Presidents inauguration is as cheap as you can get.

by Anonymousreply 3702/03/2013

I may not be able to say that I've never drunkenly shit my pants in a grocery store men's room, but at least I can hold my head high in the knowledge that I've never been a Beyonce Super Bowl Halftime Show truther

by Anonymousreply 3802/03/2013

Beyonce: Graduate of the Naomi Campbell School of Entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 3902/03/2013

I don't get the praise. I honestly watched it with an open mind, but was left underwhelmed and not very entertained. But the media has always been up Beyonce's butt (which made the lip synch kerfuffle kind of surprising).

by Anonymousreply 4002/03/2013

The Singing Wig was awful, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 4102/03/2013

Once again R22, don't be such an ass.

by Anonymousreply 4202/03/2013

I'm not that big of a Beyonce fan - I think she is extremely over-hyped for her level of talent. I liked her a lot better when Destiny's Child was still together, so it was great to see them together again for a few seconds.

I thought the half-time show was pretty good - better than I was expecting. I still think Vadge did better last year, though.

But I still can't stand Jay-Z - he's just way too ugly and thug for me.

by Anonymousreply 4302/03/2013

My hair is laid, like Beyonce!

by Anonymousreply 4402/03/2013

It's so strange to me that Michelle calls her a role model. Does she want her daughters to dress the way Yawnce does on stage?

by Anonymousreply 4502/04/2013

R43 said it all.

by Anonymousreply 4602/04/2013

I can't stand this form of music or entertainment. So plastic.

by Anonymousreply 4702/04/2013

Eh.

by Anonymousreply 4802/04/2013

R45 Shut the hell up.

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2013

What did they mean when they said the countdown was fan made?

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2013

Beyonce was the better performer, but Madonna had the better performance. It is all a matter of taste. Bey's performance was much more simple aesthetically & took more from Prince and was more about the music (live instruments & live singing). Madonna knows about the importance of spectacle. Madonna is not a performer, she is a performance artist. She took it from gladiator to gymnast than to cheerleader & church choir all seamlessly. Michael's performance also was more about spectacle than about the music. I like how both Madonna & Michael had epic introductions and both ended off their shows on a socially conscious note. Bey did steal from MJ's halftime show with the guitarist & sparks number and Destiny's Child entrance with fireworks though.

by Anonymousreply 5202/04/2013

Oh please. Madonna could barely walk in her high heeled boots - she looked ridiculous, and IIRC, she did stumble trying to walk up some stairs. She showed her age and then some. But reading that Jay Z and Beyonce gave their baby girl an $80k diamond adorned Barbie for her first b'day made me ill. Such ugly ostentation in these times - why? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 5302/04/2013

Not seen it, as here in England - it may be on the news later or the morning tv gossip shows for housebound fraus. But it sounds just like the Glastonbury show she did here a year or so ago, when she was of course pregnant!

Alicia Keys is so much more classier, and certainly back with a vengance now with that new album and that new sleek look of hers.

by Anonymousreply 5402/04/2013

Is it me, or did she turn the Destiny's Child mikes down?

by Anonymousreply 5502/04/2013

Can we get a male performer for next years halftime show? Preferably not a pop act? After Vadge last year, and BeYAWNce this year, I'm tired of the female pop trash.

by Anonymousreply 5602/04/2013

Quick- name 5 Beyonce top 10 hits

THAT'S why it was a flop

by Anonymousreply 5702/04/2013

Does her lack of enunciation and sharecropper speaking voice affect her singing? She sounds pretty slurry and garbled even in lip synch mode.

by Anonymousreply 5902/04/2013

She's a mediocrity. If people are thrilled she can cross a stage a la dumb whore without tripping on her high heels, who can be surprised? We're supposed to be impressed by what people who watch football think of a musical performance? They're what such trash is aimed at.

by Anonymousreply 6002/04/2013

Alicia Keys is a homewrecker. i think she's less classy than BOuncy.

by Anonymousreply 6102/04/2013

"But reading that Jay Z and Beyonce gave their baby girl an $80k diamond adorned Barbie for her first b'day made me ill."

As I've said before, you can get exactly the same amount of publicity out of a Barbie covered with rhinestones, as you can out of actually spending $80,000.

by Anonymousreply 6202/04/2013

Now I understand the actual advantages of a lip syncing performance. Her sound was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 6302/04/2013

Pink needs to be the headliner next year. She'll have the Beyawnce fans crying cause their fav can't perform like Alecia Moore.

by Anonymousreply 6402/04/2013

I'm pretty sure Kelly and Michelle weren't praising her. Their mic levels were so low and she made them sing without quadrupled backing tracks. They sang with none!

by Anonymousreply 6502/04/2013

Her voice was flawless.

by Anonymousreply 6702/04/2013

[quote]I can't stand this form of music or entertainment. So plastic.

Unlike Madonna, whose face alone is plastic.

by Anonymousreply 6802/04/2013

Beyonce just needs to change her name to Lipsynka because she definitely lipsynched that performance.

by Anonymousreply 6902/04/2013

Fuck you, R60.

I am not trash and neither are some of the millions that watch this entertainment.

And I agreed with you up until that last part.

by Anonymousreply 7102/04/2013

Let's be honest. Football is a chavvy game for chavs. Period.

by Anonymousreply 7202/04/2013

It just seemed like a flurry of hair and booty. I'm not a huge fan but it was an energetic performance.

by Anonymousreply 7302/04/2013

If she hadn't faked her pregnancy i might actually like her. Now all i see is a phony lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7402/04/2013

Yes, because chavs can afford the hundreds or thousands of dollars that it takes to go to a game.

Tickets, concessions, plane tickets if coming in from out of town, hotels, etc.

by Anonymousreply 7502/04/2013

[quote]Pink needs to be the headliner next year.

No, enough with the female pop acts for awhile (and yes, Pink is pop). After Vadge last year and BeYAWNce this year, there needs to be a rocker next year.

by Anonymousreply 7602/04/2013

No, Taylor Swift will be the act next year.

by Anonymousreply 7702/04/2013

[quote]If she hadn't faked her pregnancy i might actually like her.

She's the only one you've [italic]found out[/italic] about who's done that.

I think you're clutching at straws as well as your pearls, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 7802/04/2013

I don't know. The superbowl audience is majority straight men, and what they want to see is a pretty girl shaking her booty in very little clothing. I'm sure Beyonce hit all

I'm no fan of Beyonce's, but I feel sure she delivered everything they like, short of handing beers to each viewer.

by Anonymousreply 7902/04/2013

I haven't seen it yet but NOTHING can top Vadge's entrance last year with those muscled glistening male torso's that made my dick rock hard. Does anyone have a link to Lipsynka's performance?

by Anonymousreply 8002/04/2013

My elderly father/dirty old man/racist thought it was a good show...

by Anonymousreply 8102/04/2013

I just watched Beyonce's performance online. It was good. The stage was about twice as big as Madonna's last year. The opening shot to Beyonce was very impressive. The visual effects were more sophisticated. There were many more dancers which filled the screen. The costumes were much simpler. There was little variety in the dancers' choreography. Beyonce decided to sing live. There were large sections where she didn't sing. It felt flat without her singing. The stage where she performed was only one tier.

by Anonymousreply 8202/04/2013

[quote]Bey's performance was much more simple aesthetically & took more from Prince and was more about the music (live instruments & live singing)

On the contrary, I would have been inclined to be impressed if it HAD been about the music, it wasn't at all. She sang a quarter each of several songs, few entire sentences, wailed a keyword repeatedly, nothing more. She seeminly flipped her hair nearly as many times as she uttered a word, and couldn't have been more obvious about the pretimed planning of it (count one two flip keyword one two flip keyword one two flip...).

It was a T&A show with a few verses and choruses sprinkled about. I doubt she sang for more than (or even) four minutes of the thirteen minutes of her performance. There's no justifiable Prince comparison to be made music-wise.

by Anonymousreply 8302/04/2013

R83 is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 8402/04/2013

She put on a show and the fact there are multiple threads about it means people absolutely give a damn. The woman is hot and talented.

by Anonymousreply 8502/04/2013

[quote] the fact there are multiple threads about it means people absolutely give a damn.

Have you ever looked at the top trending topics on twitter? Depressing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 8602/04/2013

Question for the haters: who would you select to perform at this event?

by Anonymousreply 8702/04/2013

R87, next year NYC, Andrea Bocelli and Itzak Perlman. Their rendition of "Single Ladies" is special.

by Anonymousreply 8802/04/2013

See the influence of Obama...all the entertainers at the Super Bowl ( except the Sandy Hook kids) were black females. This is just another example of the war on white people.

by Anonymousreply 8902/04/2013

Hyperbole is part and parcel of the Super Bowl tradition.

Ultimately it means nothing.

It's all about the razzle dazzle...

"Give 'em the old razzle dazzle Razzle Dazzle 'em Give 'em an act with lots of flash in it And the reaction will be passionate Give 'em the old hocus pocus Bead and feather 'em How can they see with sequins in their eyes?"

Afterall, they don't call it the "Super" Bowl for nothing... which is often the dullest TV of the year.

by Anonymousreply 9002/04/2013

I can't remember ever watching the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 9102/04/2013

I just watched the performance again. It. Was. Flawless. Madonna probably rolled up in a ball last night and cried realizing that how over she is.

by Anonymousreply 9202/04/2013

It should have been Diana Ross.

by Anonymousreply 9302/04/2013

Unfortunately Vadge will never be over for those imbeciles who worship kurveh "culture." She'll be 90, pulled so tight that she looks scarier than Mae West in SEXTETTE, beef curtains hanging down to her knees, still trying to shock her way to relevance. And the sleazoid element of the gay community will be right there with her, screaming her name and shitting themselves.

by Anonymousreply 9402/04/2013

Madonna's recording and movie careers are over, but let's not kid ourselves, she'll remain a huge concert draw until she decides to retire. Nostalgia acts have always been big on the concert circuit, and her catalog of hits is unsurpassed.

by Anonymousreply 9502/04/2013

Please - get real guys. It is stupid low brow retarded easy cheap music for a stupid low brow lazy society.

It is just very bad, very lazy, bland, boring, unoriginal, easy cheap music for a continually dumbed down culture.

You ever watch that Luke Wilson film, Idiocracy. That is pretty much were America and the UK are headed.

by Anonymousreply 9602/04/2013

Unlike a bunch of old gay men who want to see an old mannish looking woman (madonna) fall all over a stage and warble with a man voice; most football watchers want to see a hot sexy chick shake her ass and tits

by Anonymousreply 9702/04/2013

you cannot compare that "performance" last night to Madonna's last year.

Madonna's was FAR SUPERIOR>in all ways.

by Anonymousreply 9802/04/2013

She may be, R85, but all she showed for this performance was the hot, and since when haven't people talked about that?

R97 is correct on what the average football watcher wants to see and that's exactly what they got, nothing more.

I was going to say that she might as well have been another cheerleader but I suspect the NFL cheerleaders are more athletic and better dancers than Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 9902/04/2013

Madonna's voice is hardly mannish, it's high, too high and girlish, she sings like an adolescent girl. Which perfectly matches the mindset of her fans. I agree about mannish looking though, those hands and arms with veins popping out.

by Anonymousreply 10002/04/2013

comparing nothing but the spectacle that is the half time show: Madonna wins hands down. Just compare the actual "performances" and you'll see there is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 10102/04/2013

R95 her being a huge concert draw is part of her recording career because that's where all the money is these days.

Beyonce would kill for those Madonna touring numbers.

Oh and Beyonce's last album was considered a huge dissapointment onlt selling 2 million and not even generating a hit.

by Anonymousreply 10202/04/2013

Beyonce looks like a My Little Pony doll.

by Anonymousreply 10302/04/2013

I'd pick Liza for next year.

by Anonymousreply 10402/04/2013

I wasn't comparing her to Beyonce, r102. Madonna's last album was considered a disappointment too. Doing the SB halftime show generally signifies that the artist's recording career is in decline.

by Anonymousreply 10502/04/2013

What r101 said.

I don't hate Beyonce. I don't hate Madonna.

Strictly from a a production standpoint, however, Madonna's was far superior.

There was a wit, flow and spectacle to Madonna's show beginning with her an homage to "Cleopatra" and ending with a gorgeous "Like A Prayer."

Beyonce's production was all over the place with nowhere to go and even her youth and beauty couldn't make up for it.

Madonna and Beyonce place their shows in the hands of veteran producers and directors and, in comparing them, Madonna's served her better than Beyonce's.

by Anonymousreply 10602/04/2013

R104 I was hoping she will jump on stage and do the Single Ladies, not THAT would slay

by Anonymousreply 10702/04/2013

Hopefully Britney will do it next year.

by Anonymousreply 10802/04/2013

"Sorry, dolls. Looks like you're in the minority on this one"

In what way?

She was given the privilege of singing the National Anthem at the inauguration of the POTUS - and she lip-synched.

Two weeks later, she sings "live" (while clumping around a stage like a crippled carthorse) for the entertainment of a bunch of sports fans - and we're supposed to say how wonderful she is???

by Anonymousreply 10902/04/2013

Madonna needs to take her tired old ass and sit down somewhere. Bey schooled her last night. That show was so FFB. It won't be topped anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 11002/04/2013

I think many people are convincing themselves it was the best performance because that is what they want to believe. People are like that - they can convince themselves of ANYTHING if they are so inclined. They deceive themselves. Take away the hyper dancing and the shouting... it was rather bland.

by Anonymousreply 11102/04/2013

It was boring because it was the same performance Beyonce has put on since 2006. Nothing has changed. Not her look, not her dancing, not her stage show. She hasn't evolved in YEARS. And yes, her catalog is weak and it showed.

All this "it was the best Superbowl Halftime performance ever" stuff must be paid PR.

by Anonymousreply 11202/04/2013

What a fraud.

The whole "I'm a sexy ho" act is so ridiculous...and tired.

She poses and has a mediocre voice at best.

I will say I was concerned her weave was going to fly off and hit one of the other fly girls.

And the music? Please, it's toilet paper. Use it once and hope it makes down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 11302/04/2013

Beyonce was fun. Madonna was fun. It is just a big-budget pop concert in the middle of a football game. Everyone on this thread is insane.

by Anonymousreply 11402/04/2013

Wow the aged queens are in a stew about this, aren't they. They haven't been this worked up since they heard social security was going to be cut.

by Anonymousreply 11502/04/2013

It was okay, but as I stated before, Beyonce comes from the Janet/Michael Jackson school of performing the same dance moves that are associated with a particular song and/or video, unlike Madonna who changes the choreography and music to her song catalog on a frequent basis. This performance was nothing unexpected or revelutionary. I was surprised jay-Z did'nt come out as a "surprise" guest. This sort of sameness to her performances will definitely come back to bite her in the ass on down the road the same way it affected Janet Jackson in the waning years of her career. Beyonce's was all flash and spectacle with little substance, but since it was the Super bowl, so what did you all expect? This was entertainment for the masses-bored fraus who have to sit by their husbands for game day and Beyonce's ass shaking was entertaining for the straight guys sitting around watching the game.

Madonna, Michael, and Prince know theatrics and spectacle and scale when it comes to these types of performances, and have done it well over the years.

However, the back-and-forth comments are amusing between the zesty, lip-smacking, neck-rolling Beyonce stans defending their "Queen" and the bitter, uptight caftan-and-earring-wearing old queens and theater school dropouts all banging away on their keyboards saying how much the performance sucked. Sprinkle in a couple of schizo freepers posting from their bunkers.

Honestly, I feel it was somewhere in the middle. Not great, but not terrible either.

by Anonymousreply 11602/04/2013

R109 , Perfectly said.

"She was given the privilege of singing the National Anthem at the inauguration of the POTUS - and she lip-synched.

Two weeks later, she sings "live" (while clumping around a stage like a crippled carthorse) for the entertainment of a bunch of sports fans - and we're supposed to say how wonderful she is???"

And I'm supposed to be interested in this tacky whore?

And BTW, there's no beating Madonnas spectacular show last year. Nice try though,Bey.

by Anonymousreply 11702/04/2013

You guys must all be old as shit if you all know Madonna's 15+ year old songs and not Beyonce's recent hits.

It's all generational. I'm 19 and when I went back to school, nobody gave a shit about Madonna or her songs. She'd have to die before anyone under 30 gives her a second look.

Beyonce is a sex symbol to all young boys and her songs are known to anyone who's been a pop radio listener anytime in the past 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 11802/04/2013

R118 is Yvette Noel-Schure, Beyonce's publicist trolling this board.

by Anonymousreply 11902/04/2013

R118, I'm 22 and no one in art collage listens to pop shit. It's not generational. It's just some people are dense and mainstream enjoy listening to dense mainstream "music".

Beyonce is not cool, and people that dig her are just not cool.

by Anonymousreply 12002/04/2013

I blame Piers Morgan for this Beyonce vs Madonna fan war. The little troll was stoking the flames last night on Twitter during Beyonce's performance when he tweeted, "That was sensational. Madonna, you are officially retired, luv." Yeah, the woman with the #1 world tour of 2012. Morgan's one-sided feud with Madonna is obsessive and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 12102/04/2013

r120 She's not cool among hipsters, no. But among the general public, she sure is!

LOL @ a queer who thinks he's a cool hipster!

by Anonymousreply 12202/04/2013

R118 R120 I'm very glad for you that it's not English "college".

by Anonymousreply 12302/04/2013

She is the McDonalds of music.

by Anonymousreply 12402/04/2013

Oh r122, why am I not surprised and self-loathing fag likes Beyonce?

by Anonymousreply 12502/04/2013

Don't look at me, OP. I've never watched a Superbowl halftime show and never will.

by Anonymousreply 12602/04/2013

She has what I call "animated bugface".

by Anonymousreply 12702/04/2013

Beyonce's songs lack distinctive memorable melodies, Madonna's songs have that. Also, Madonna represents something and her songs tell a story of a person, and they have much more breadth and scope. Beyonce also represents the hip-hop - rap homophobic culture, she's not a gay icon, deservedly.

by Anonymousreply 12802/04/2013

Ratings are in. The most watched Super Bowl in the history of SBs. Beh is being given a large part of the credit for delivering those numbers.

Next world tour - Ms Sean Carter Tour - just announced.

by Anonymousreply 12902/04/2013

History will not be kind to her.

by Anonymousreply 13002/04/2013

these gay white heads are going to explode

by Anonymousreply 13202/04/2013

r128 Yeah, the choruses to Single Ladies and irreplaceable aren't distinctive or memorable. *rolls eyes*

Bey loves gays, you must have her confused with island slut Rihanna.

BTW. Madonna worships those homophobic rappers, she loves them. She had a song wit LIl WAYNE out on her last album or something. She was up the ass of Eminem, and even 50 CENT. She also worships the pope and her last husband was homophobic and and many of their wedding toasts included homophobic language, according to Madonna's brother.

by Anonymousreply 13302/04/2013

I'm so sick of trolls like r131.

I stand 2nd to nobody in knowing that us human beings are bigoted, homophobic and just plain ignorant. I have always called out the racists and bigots here at the DL, not because I'm "supposed" to but because I want to.

r131 wants to turn this into a racial thing and it's not. Madanna's show was better produced then Beyonce's. Period.

by Anonymousreply 13402/04/2013

Madonna is an irrelevant old hag. Bey shut it down last night and she has the ratings to back her up.

by Anonymousreply 13502/04/2013

guys, seriously, spend 12 minutes (14 if you allow it to load properly) and watch this phenomenal SPECTACLE and truly look inside and honestly state the truth: Madonna's performance is really miles ahead of Beyonce's (and I'm a fan of both).

It's just reality.

by Anonymousreply 13602/04/2013

No accounting for taste. Give the masses free schlock, and they'll take it. Or, as showman P.T. Barnum put it ' Theres a sucker born every minute'. We live in a world full of suckers - and being this is DL, I meant that figuratively, not literally.

by Anonymousreply 13702/04/2013

#gaymaleproblems.

Really people; move the fuck on.

by Anonymousreply 13802/04/2013

Madonna's performance was all special affects r136. Some people do not consider that "better" than actually dancing and singing.

by Anonymousreply 13902/04/2013

[quote] Madonna's performance is really miles ahead of Beyonce's (and I'm a fan of both).

They both suck dirty, moldy ass.

Beyonce and her Singing Wig are as tired and boring as Grandmadonna.

by Anonymousreply 14002/04/2013

Who made you king/queen of all opinions, Della? THE racism on these threads always starts with whites. But you took the rebuttal to show your dismay. Interesting.

I guess we are all to dismiss our opinions because Della thinks Madonna show was best. Period....

You really are insane, Della.

by Anonymousreply 14102/04/2013

r118, I'm certainly not suggesting that.

All I'm saying is judged as what it is supposed to be: THE spectacle of the entire year, Madonna's "spectacle" was far, far superior than Beyonce's.

Everything about it. Almost flawless, but fresh. She may sing her hits, but she modernizes them, including dance moves.

The ultimate production values were like this: Madonna is Neiman Marcus. Beyonce is Target.

Look at both without bias, and then choose.

by Anonymousreply 14202/04/2013

R131, The white racists attacked Beyonce, but you attacked white queens in general. That's different, and far worse.

Leave Della alone.

by Anonymousreply 14302/04/2013

Beyonce's not a performance artist. She's just a performer.

by Anonymousreply 14402/04/2013

Beyonce flash an Illuminati sign

by Anonymousreply 14502/04/2013

OP: "MSN is saying she was energetic and powerful

USA Today called it electrifying.

She is the talk of Twitter, and everyone is praising her."

But no one is saying she was FANTASTIC! or GREAT! or THE BEST EVER!

It was tired, face the truth. It was ok, but been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 14602/04/2013

[quote]However, the back-and-forth comments are amusing between the zesty, lip-smacking, neck-rolling Beyonce stans defending their "Queen" and the bitter, uptight caftan-and-earring-wearing old queens and theater school dropouts all banging away on their keyboards saying how much the performance sucked

Go IN!

by Anonymousreply 14702/04/2013

Has Madonna invested a few bucks at the sockpuppet parlor, employing some drones to saturate the inter webs with Beyoncé hatred? It sure feels like it with so many posters getting unhinged about the Battle Of The Superbowl Divas.

Some of the comments on The Hollywood Reporter website, for example, are almost word-for-word ones I've seen on DL.

I mostly liked Madonna's SB show last year though Give Me Your Love was an embarrassment and so was Like A Prayer. Madonna's choreography made her look like a clumsy geriatric at times, being manhandled like a sack of potatoes and "helped" to cartwheel by her much-more-talented dancers. This has always been true of her stagecraft - her dancers' moves are designed to make her shortcomings less obvious.

Beyoncé totally owned her Superbowl performance and was the absolute focus of her show. It was just a lot [italic]hipper[/italic] than Madonna's - less frou frou, more heat.

Beyoncé showed us the state of the Diva art.

by Anonymousreply 14802/04/2013

Beyonce's Superbowl performance sucked. Madonna at least understands the meaning of spectacle. Her performance had meaning & flowed thematically. Beyonce's performance entrance consisted of her elevating on a platform with a cheap Party City looking cutout of her silhouette behind her & the last shot of the performance consisted of 2 glow-in-the-dark images of her face. Talk about narcissism. All the graphics and special effects consisted of pictures of Beyonce. How pathetic. She didnt do anything new or fresh. Who cares if she sang live? Big whoop.She talked more than sang during the entire performance. I'd rather see a Madonna show than a Beyonce show any day.

by Anonymousreply 14902/04/2013

I was like, she is working her ass off, but somehow it was boring. It simply was not musical. It made me tired.

by Anonymousreply 15002/04/2013

No melodies in her songs....

Um.... are you aware she did a medley? You pick up on the melody in grannie Ciccone's songs because you're familiar with them.

Beyonce's songs have melodies. Listen to them in their entirety. She was sampling her own music just like the cryptkeeper/cheerleader from last year's show.

Listen to something recorded after 1985.

by Anonymousreply 15102/04/2013

Madonna's ratings beat Beyonce's.

by Anonymousreply 15202/04/2013

Love r151!! These old Vadge fans are a trip! You had your moment with last year's Superbowl, now will you kindly exit? To the left, to the left, if you need help! Stop hating on Bey, you know her performance was sublime...

by Anonymousreply 15302/04/2013

it's official, while the SB was a ratings smash, the halftime performance, while viewed by hundreds of millions, fell short of Madonna's 114 million views last year.

by Anonymousreply 15402/04/2013

No R154, It wasn't Madonna that drew the numbers it was all the minorities she had in her show that drew the numbers...

LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, MIA and Cee Lo Green.

by Anonymousreply 15502/04/2013

R155 Nice try. I'm sure you're wrong on that.

by Anonymousreply 15602/04/2013

BeYAWNce is a ratings LOSER!

I wonder if HBO is regretting the deal to air her self-made puff piece later this month?

by Anonymousreply 15702/04/2013

What were Beyonce's numbers exactly? Saying Madonna had more isn't enough information, if they were in the same ballpark it's a virtual tie.

by Anonymousreply 15802/04/2013

Oh and btw R155 , LMFAO and Cee Lo Green were surprise guest performers. People couldn't tune in to watch them if no one knew they would be there. Again, nice try. You should know what the fuck you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 15902/04/2013

This cunt's ego is SO out of control it's unbelieveable. She's now saying that the blackout happened after she finished performing (rather than during the performance), is because "God was on my side".

Yeah, because "God" has nothing else to be more concerned about (if he actually existed).

by Anonymousreply 16002/04/2013

r160, that's blown out of proportion. The SB halftime was one of the biggest events in her career, and she basically just said "thank God the power didn't go off in the middle of it." Big deal.

by Anonymousreply 16102/04/2013

R161 = Bey stan

by Anonymousreply 16202/04/2013

R159, Keep telling yourself that. Look at the number of views attach to Nicki's video and tell me she and the other stars played no role in Madonna's super bowl performance overall numbers.

by Anonymousreply 16302/04/2013

But unlike Madonna or virtually anyone else who has hosted the show before, no one can recall or hum along to ANY "hit" Beyonce tune other than Single Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 16402/04/2013

Madonna's performance was far superior. This is coming from someone who bought the Destiny's Child CD in middle school (the one with Bills, Bills, Bills) and loved it.

by Anonymousreply 16502/04/2013

LMFAO numbers... did you think those people tuned in to see Madonna?

by Anonymousreply 16602/04/2013

R161, actually I wouldn't call myself much of a Beyonce fan since I've never bought one of her cds or even downloaded any free mp3s. Although I had thought I might get around to doing the latter, eventually. I do remember hearing one song by her I liked.

The comparison being made here is to Madonna, and it'd take a lot to convince me that Beyonce is any worse.

by Anonymousreply 16702/04/2013

"Look at both without bias, and then choose."

Madonna needed dancers and a boatload of guest stars. And the Cleopatra opening was a ripoff of a Kylie Minogue number. Too much going on, and it was more spectacle than substance. She could have done much better.

Beyonce had dancers and Destiny's Child but still kept herself front and center throughout the performance. She could have sung more and danced less, but it was a very tight, impressively choreographed piece.

And for the under thirty set, Crazy in Love and Single Ladies are classics. You don't have to get it, and it's apparent you don't. But it doesn't make it any less true.

by Anonymousreply 16802/04/2013

Do even straight *women* argue about this shit??

by Anonymousreply 16902/04/2013

Rihanna should've done the Halftime show...she can shake her ass and sing live and people actually KNOW more than two of her songs. She has like 40 hit songs .

by Anonymousreply 17002/04/2013

I would have preferred Rhianna as well, r170. At least she owns the nasty girl persona. Beyonce rubbing her crotch on national television just felt dirty. And disingenuous since she tries so hard to cultivate that good Southern girl image. Is anything about her authentic?. Also, shout out to the poster who noticed that she lip-synched to Halo. She did indeed hide her face with her hair, but with all the weave waving, there was a moment when you could see that her mouth and the sound were not in sync.

by Anonymousreply 17102/04/2013

If Britney does Superbowl next year, I am tuning in. Even when she's doing bugger all, she's fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17202/04/2013

I talked to some straight under 20 guys today, they all loved how well she danced and popped that thang, even though they really didnt know her songs except for Crazy In Love and Single Ladies. Would have given their left nuts to be at the edge of stage when she did her matrix move at the end, thrusting her vagine right into the stans faces.

by Anonymousreply 17302/04/2013

I said all that to say, NOBOBY said that about Madonna's old dried up, non juicy vagine last year!

by Anonymousreply 17402/04/2013

Beyonce can't sing live, she's just a glorified stripper, her songs are crap, they sound like schoolyard jumprope chants! She has no musical talent, at least Madonna has written a few songs and plays guitar and has a good (not great) singing voice. She's also had far more hits. Even Miranda Hobbs slagged off the tired "Single Ladies" in the S&TC movie.

by Anonymousreply 17502/04/2013

I bet Rihanna was offered the Super Bowl but Jay Z somehow managed to give it to Beyonce instead. Rihanna can't dance, but she definitely earned whatever status she has singing those many hit songs and NOT ripping off songwriters like Beyonce does.

Rihanna has better stage presence than Rihanna. Watch the Victoria Secret Show.

by Anonymousreply 17602/04/2013

[quote]Beyonce was mesmerizing. She did it. She is the new Queen!

Not until I see her do a decent Bohemian Rhapsody.

by Anonymousreply 17702/04/2013

the new Queen of what? Mediocrity? If so, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 17802/04/2013

"I said all that to say, NOBOBY said that about Madonna's old dried up, non juicy vagine last year!"

There's a 20+ year age difference, you ageist pig! Beyonce's drying up as I type, like any ageing woman. That doesn't mean she or Madonna need to go away, or hide their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 17902/04/2013

Beyonce went from daddy to her hubby managing her career. She's anything but an independent woman. I don't feel empowered when watching her. Hell, her new tour is called The Mrs. Carter Show. How regressive.

by Anonymousreply 18002/04/2013

From Slate.com:

Who Run the World? Husbands?

by Anonymousreply 18102/04/2013

I'm 20 years old and I would like to see someone closer to my age perform. Beyonce was big when I was in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 18202/04/2013

168 - "Crazy In Love" a classic ? Your insane. Let's hum a bit....

'Uh o uh o uh o uh o'

Yeah, a classic POS

by Anonymousreply 18302/04/2013

R172, you don't ever have to worry about that. Britney would never be offered this show. This show is for stars, not has beens who cannot dance and need autotune.

by Anonymousreply 18402/04/2013

Illuminati bitch. She is vacuous. Mrs.Carter, indeed. What happened to Sasha Fierce. Joke.

by Anonymousreply 18502/04/2013

The TMZ crew didn't like it. They said all she did was stomp around and stand there doing a "I'm a Little Teapot" pose.

by Anonymousreply 18602/04/2013

Here it is on YouTube. I'm going to watch it for the first time, and then watch Madonna's for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 18702/04/2013

[quote]The TMZ crew didn't like it. They said all she did was stomp around and stand there doing a "I'm a Little Teapot" pose.

They're right.

by Anonymousreply 18802/04/2013

Madonna's halftime:

by Anonymousreply 18902/04/2013

Madonna -114 million viewers

Beyonce - 110 million viewers

Thus endeth the lesson.

by Anonymousreply 19002/04/2013

The difference is pretty insignificant, 190. It's not like Madonna trounced her.

Ok, just watched both. Beyonce was far sexier, and those who have said that's what the mostly straight male audience wanted to see, were correct. Madonna also seemed to lipsynch most of it, although she may have sung Like A Prayer live. I don't think Beyonce lipsynched at all, not that she always sounded that great, but a lot of the time she did sound pretty good. She is a better singer, not that being more capable than Madonna is saying much. Beyonce's did seem flashier and more consistent. Madonna's occasionally lagged, especially during the new "hit" that everyone's already forgotten about.

Beyonce's was better, and Madonna's eldergays just can't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 19102/04/2013

Madonna has a catalog of songs that people will play years from now. Not so with Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 19202/04/2013

Why are GrandMadonna fans always fighting with everybody else? Janet, Beyonce, Whitney, Cyndi, and Kylie fans can't get a moment's peace without one of them busting into threads and causing trouble and starting shit. If Madonna is so great, why do you have to put down everybody else?

by Anonymousreply 19302/04/2013

Ladies, ladies what you all seem to be forgetting is the context of the performance.

Nobody gives a good rats ASS who was performing at halftime, people tune in for the game, that's it!!

It just so happened that people were interested in the tale of two brothers. One had to win, one had to lose.

Nobody pays attention to the halftime show. To think someone would sit there and say, omg! The halftime show is about to start!! Is laughable.

People go take a shit, piss, make a beer run, load up on more food. The television stays on, no one sits there and pays attention.

Get over yourselves, please.

by Anonymousreply 19402/05/2013

yeah what R194 seZ

by Anonymousreply 19502/05/2013

But what r194 says is incorrect. For example, last year Madonna's half-time show had higher ratings than the game itself.

And r187/r191, you're not fooling anyone. You're all over this thread bashing Madonna and praising Madonna, so your comparison of the two performances is hardly unbiased.

by Anonymousreply 19602/05/2013

What the fuck is a "stan"?

by Anonymousreply 19702/05/2013

My problem with Beyonce is that she bores me. Once you've seen one Beyonce "performance", you've seen them all. It's all about shaking her ass and tits and whipping her wig around. Her personality doesn't come through in any of her music. She reminds me of a puppet or one of those Disney animatronics, fun to look at but you wouldn't want to engage with her.

I preferred Vadge's show last year because it was typical Vagde. She took some of her old songs and updated them, it was something new. I don't think Vadge is gifted as a singer but she knows about the art of performance. And she tries to show us her personality and messages in her music, even though it irritates most of the time, at least there's a personality there.

by Anonymousreply 19802/05/2013

Beyonce gave everything she had and let it all hang out to try to surpass Madonna as most watched halftime performance. She failed and will now always be known, if at all, as just another reductive wannabe. I hope she earned enough to give the people at the inauguration their money back.

by Anonymousreply 19902/05/2013

Madonna having more viewers proves that more people and 4 million is a lot of people, were interested in Madonna.

Beyonce would have lip synced too had she not been busted last month.

Beyonce may not have lip synced but she relied heavily on backing tracks and what she did do live were primarily shout outs.

by Anonymousreply 20002/05/2013

You could tell Harvey Levin didn't like it.

by Anonymousreply 20102/05/2013

I agree with 198 completely.

by Anonymousreply 20202/05/2013

I hate the combination of too much money and too little class.

by Anonymousreply 20302/05/2013

I also thought Jennifer Hudson was really bad and Alicia Keys sounded strained.

by Anonymousreply 20402/05/2013

r190 forgot to include that MORE viewers tuned into see Vadge than the actual game!

This past Super Bowl was THE most viewed, but LESS people watched Beyonce than the actual game.

Now THAT speaks volumes about MEGA star power.

by Anonymousreply 20502/05/2013

I've been criticising Beyonce in other threads over her lip-synching fiasco and her singing ability in general (which is still far better than Madonna).

I've just watched both halftime shows and had to laugh at Madonna fans comparing her old lady act last year, consisting of a mannish woman with creaking bones trying to dance, to Beyonce's hot, sexy. spectacular, extravaganza. Even I got excited when Destiny's Child popped out.

by Anonymousreply 20602/05/2013

R206 IT DONT MATTER WITH YOUR AGEIST COMMENTS

BECAUSE MORE PEOPLE WATCHED MADONNA'S HALFTIME SHOW, HELL MORE PEOPLE WATCHED HER THAN THE GAME, HELL MORE PEOPLE WATCHED HER THAN ANY TV SHOW IN US HISTORY.

THAT'S THE MARK OF A LEGEND AND TRUE STAR POWER, EVEN PEOPLE WHO HATE MADONNA ARE STILL INTERESTED IN HER EVERY MOVE.

by Anonymousreply 20702/05/2013

Madonna has some emotion in her singing and songs, there's no depth at all in Bey's songs.

by Anonymousreply 20802/05/2013

R207 what a shame all those viewers didn't translate into sales.

----------------------------------------------

*Despite the short lived Destiny’s Child ‘reunion’ at the halftime show during the Super Bowl, the ladies rocked it and even boosted sales of their old music.

This could mean something for their future together, right? Probably not, but DC lovers would sure hope so.

According to MTV.com, the trio’s “The Writing’s On The Wall” (#97) and “Love Songs” (#99), “Destiny Fulfilled” (#166) and their 2001 album “Survivor” (#195) all saw jumps on iTunes.

But of course Bey saw the biggest profit with 16 of her chart topping songs blowing up on iTunes, including “Halo” (#17), “Single Ladies” (#39), and “Run the World” (#129). “Dangerously In Love” (#45) also saw a boost in sales.

This year’s Super Bowl garnered the highest ratings in history. That could partially explain the jump.

by Anonymousreply 20902/06/2013

This was the third most watched Super Bowl in recent years so where are they getting that lie from that it was the most watched?

by Anonymousreply 21002/06/2013

I thought she sounded kind of bad - off-key.

by Anonymousreply 21102/06/2013

Aside from talent this girl lacks sincerity.

She's just pure unbridled ambition.

by Anonymousreply 21202/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.