Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The NASTIEST Person on B*R*O*A*D*W*A*Y THREAD, the 2013 Edition!

Starting here, starting now.

by Anonymousreply 29604/18/2015

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

Excuse me! Ex-cuse me!

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

Don't forget me, dolls.

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

Patti whatsername

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

SO, are we going to get any dirt, or what?

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

How come no one speaks of Nick Adams? He seems rather naughty.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

Nasty and naughty are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

WELCOME TO THE THEATAH, YOU FOOLS!

TAKE IN THE RICH FLAVAAAH!

APPLAUD, APPLAUD!

by Anonymousreply 902/04/2013

Since Nicol Williamson died, the title has been owned by Mandy Patinkin.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

What is Joe Mantello like? And Tracy Letts?

by Anonymousreply 1102/04/2013

my rich boyfriend will sue you if you bastards mention me

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

We need to have nominees and vote for a winner.

So far, we have:

The Men: Nathan Lane Joe Mantello Mandy Patinkin

The Women: Patti LuPone Betty Buckley Linda Lavin

Lauren Bacall hasn't worked on Broadway in the past decade and has no intention of returning, so she's disqualified from this competitive list. And are these women just on the list because they're demanding and/or quirky? Or are they truly nasty?

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

Why limit this list to just actors?

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

Just wait til I arrive, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

Oh, that's right, John Benjamin Hickey is supposed to be a jerk. That's essentially him in his character on The Good Wife.

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

Victoria screams at the fly techs.... if she's not careful one of them might slam her in the back wall mid flight.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

I can't believe NO ONE has mentioned me. NO ONE.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

while we are waiting for insiders to reveal all lets play "how would hollywood cast the first 2 nastiest person on Broadway threads"

AMERICAN HORROR STORY 3: BROADWAY BLOODY BROADWAY

BY Ryan MURPHY

LINDA LAVIN played by LILY RABE

LAUREN BACALL played by JESSICA LANGE

IAN McKELLEN played by JOSEPH FEINNES

HELEN MIRREN played by SARAH PAULSON

DAVID STAITAIRN played by DYLAN McDERMOTT

any other ideas?

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

part one

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2013

Buckley may be quite mad, but nasty? Really?

And what did Strathairn do to put him on the list, r19?

Finally, Helen Mirren does not have a nasty reputation, she's known for being just the opposite; so where are you getting that from?

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

Mandy Patinkin

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

Shirley Maclaine stab Carol Haney in the back during the run of the Pajama Game.

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

Shirley wasn't in The Pajama Game. What's the story?

Carol was brilliant, btw.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

Never mind, broadway...Haney still brilliant, died too young.

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

r21, on the other NPOB threads the hatred between Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen was discussed in excruciating detail. David S was in a production with them and was kind of not treated well by Ian. Helen Mirren and David Straitarin came off fine, Ian a little bitchy. That is what the post was referring to.

not that THEY were nasty but the situation was.

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

Joe Mantello?

No, just no. He is one of the best young directors in the theater world today

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

R24 Obviously doesn't know the legendary story about MacLaine going on for Haney in Pajama Game--giving rise to banal lyric in "She's No Longer a Gypsy" (in Applause)----"pulled a Shirley MacLaine."

O tempora! O mores!

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2013

"Shirley wasn't in The Pajama Game. What's the story?"

R24, your show queen card is revoked (if you ever had one).

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

Haney never recovered from Shirley's backstabbing backstage at the Pajama Game.

Turned to booze and later died, never getting over what Shirley did to her.

by Anonymousreply 3002/04/2013

but wait a second how did Shirley make Haney unable to perform that night? Wasn't she sick? I mean how exactly is Shirley responsible for that. And how well did they even know each other. Shirley says she got to the theater late with her resignation notice in hand after spending the day at Jones beach.

Is that bullshit? What exactly happened?

by Anonymousreply 3102/04/2013

Yeah, I had a brain lesion, sorry for the mind slip, r28, r29. As soon as I hit enter it all came to me. Broadway.

I'm recently off caffeine and my crank is slow.

by Anonymousreply 3202/04/2013

No, MacLaine was Haney's understudy and there was a situation where Haney had a twisted ankle or something.

by Anonymousreply 3302/04/2013

Movie producer Hal Wallis went to see Pajama Game to see Haney in action. Instead he saw Shirley and that is who got the movie contract.

'Coincidence' that Haney couldn't perform on that very night?

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013

Shirley's rise to the top went something like this:

by Anonymousreply 3502/04/2013

I had sex with Joe Mantello in Central Park years ago. He was nice.

by Anonymousreply 3602/04/2013

The $10 whore on the corner of 45th St.

by Anonymousreply 3702/04/2013

My mommy says, pointing out other people's faults is a character flaw.

by Anonymousreply 3802/04/2013

This is Carol minutes after Shirley took over for her in Pajama Game

by Anonymousreply 3902/04/2013

Whatever he is, Joe Mantello is not a YOUNG director. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 4002/04/2013

I don't think Betty Buckley is nasty. She actually has quite a nice rep these days, since moving back to Texas - although she is eccentric and needs things to go her way. She has a very good assistant who manages her very well, also.

by Anonymousreply 4102/04/2013

Let's be honest. If Hal Wallis had seen Carol Haney, he would not have signed her. She was very talented, but not a face for the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 4202/04/2013

True enough, r42, but Shirley is no beauty either, and should never have been encouraged to sing during her career, since she CAN'T. Once she got her foot in the Hollywood door, she clawed her way to the Rat Pack and never let go.

by Anonymousreply 4402/04/2013

r15 wins.

by Anonymousreply 4502/04/2013

Betty's assistant is not her lover, I know that much, Miz Bacall.

by Anonymousreply 4602/04/2013

True story..... years ago someone on a theater chat board (which must remain anonymous) started posting stories about Buckley giving blow jobs to stage hands backstage at SUNSET BLVD. Buckley's lesbian assistant/manager/ whatever saw the posts and threatenend the owners with legal action. Surprised that those posts lasted as long as they did... since that timethings get zapped on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 4702/04/2013

[quote]Buckley giving blow jobs to stage hands backstage at SUNSET BLVD.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 4802/04/2013

Please tell me she was wearing the turban.

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2013

R49 She used the turban to collect the cum shots.

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2013

I have to update my chart........

by Anonymousreply 5102/04/2013

Caught Betty's act at the Colony Record Store once. I was behind her on line, and the starstruck guy at the register was fawning over her, but in a very nice and respectful way. "Miss Buckley, I love your work, and I must tell you that I was instrumental in our carrying your latest cd." She said not a word, just nodded curtly and stomped out imperiously. So sad. I LOVED her on "Eight is Enough"!

by Anonymousreply 5202/04/2013

Betty B unfriended me on Facebook

by Anonymousreply 5302/04/2013

Shirley MacLaine was adorable-looking from the mid 50s through the early 60s. No, she wasn't beautiful, like Sophia Loren or Ava Gardner or Katharine Hepburn at her prime, but she was certainly as pretty as, say, Margaret Sullavan, Sylvia Sidney, Jean Arthur, Wendy Hiller, or any number of other ingenues throughout film history. She was a jolie laide with the emphasis on jolie. She was also a very good comedienne; see Ask Any Girl or The Apartment. And, yes, I'm sure she can be insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 5402/04/2013

this is a quote from Shirley MacLaine about the situation with Carol Haney

"“…they gave me the understudy job, but I never had a rehearsal. I had thought Carol would go on with a broken neck, so I had decided instead to understudy Gwen Verdon in Can-Can at the Shubert Theater down the street. Then a few nights later, Carol sprained her ankle.

I had my “I’m leaving” notice in my pocket when I arrived at the St. James. Across the stage door stood Jerry Robbins, Bob Fosse, Hal Prince, etc. “Haney is out,” they said. “You’re on.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. “I’m on? Without a rehearsal? “

“There I was, waiting in the wings, when the announcer said Carol Haney would be out and I would replace her. There were “boos” from the orchestra to the second balcony.”

So is she lying? I am not inclined to defend Shirley MacLaine but it sounds like some random queens fantasy that she pulled an all about eve.

Is it common knowledge that this story is false?? What gives?

by Anonymousreply 5502/04/2013

Everybody on Broadway now is too boring to be nasty.

by Anonymousreply 5702/04/2013

yeah, kind of a annoying when people make assertions withouteven a story that makes the claim make sense.

I mean are people accusing MacLaine of pulling a "Tonya Harding" on Carol Haney?

Plus the movies that made Shirley a movie star were not musicals and the ones she did were kind of bombs, weren't they?

by Anonymousreply 5802/04/2013

[quote]Joe Mantello? No, just no. He is one of the best young directors in the theater world today

AHAHAHAHAAAA! Oh, my sides, MY SIDES!

by Anonymousreply 5902/04/2013

The rumor about Buckley was that she was giving blow jobs at the top of the staircase just minutes before her first entrance.

by Anonymousreply 6002/04/2013

I am BIG! It's the loads that got small!

by Anonymousreply 6102/04/2013

Omg R61! And this is why I'm addicted to DL. Would you all stop being funny so that I can go make dinner?

by Anonymousreply 6202/04/2013

R59 called it.

[quote]one of the best young directors...

Which word is the biggest lie?

Best?

Young?

Or directors?

by Anonymousreply 6302/04/2013

Linda Lavin to join Sean Haye's new sitcom

by Anonymousreply 6402/04/2013

Calling Mantello a director and best is fairly accurate when you look at the other regular directors in NY theater like Chris Ashley, Mark Brokaw, Rob Ashford and Michael Mayer. And if you throw in Trevor Nunn and Julie Taymor, young is fair too.

by Anonymousreply 6502/04/2013

Joe Mantello is 50. I don't care who you're comparing him to, fifty ain't young.

by Anonymousreply 6602/04/2013

Compared to octogenarian Mike Nichols, 50 is a spring chicken!

by Anonymousreply 6702/04/2013

Patti Lupone seems like such a bitter cow. She's not even attractive, I'm sure she's angry about that too.

In a recent Entertainment Weekly article about "Les Miz", she even had something nasty to say about Susan Boyle's rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream" or whatever that song is called. IIRC, PL called Boyle's rendition "fucking crap" or something along those lines. Bitch certainly doesn't mince any words!

I once saw Lupone on TV saying something rude about her own fans, WTF is wrong with this woman?!! With a personality like hers, she should kiss the ground she has any fans!

Patti Lupone has always come across as being extremely bitter that she never made the transition to films or TV. She's so full of herself, it appears she thinks her success should have been way beyond Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 6802/04/2013

[quote]omething nasty to say about Susan Boyle's rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream" or whatever that song is called. IIRC, PL called Boyle's rendition "fucking crap" or something along those lines.

She said something along the lines of that was reality TV crap

Patti thought she'd become Barbra..."an actress" how found fame singing on Bway and then went to Hollywood ....she was stunned with the lack of offers post-Evita.

by Anonymousreply 6902/04/2013

Well, she's right about Boyle.

by Anonymousreply 7002/04/2013

Hey, Patti got her own series after EVITA.

Yeah, she HATED the guy who played her husband, the girl who played her young daughter proved to be a better actress, and all the press attention went to the kid with real Down's Syndrome playing her son, but she did get her own series, and it ran for FIVE years.

That's more than Merman ever got - or Bernadette Peters!

by Anonymousreply 7102/05/2013

Daniel Davis

by Anonymousreply 7202/05/2013

It wasn't "The Patti LuPone" show, r71. It was about the family, the ensemble. In fact, she didn't do much of the last season because she was over it by then.

by Anonymousreply 7302/05/2013

[quote]Hey, Patti got her own series after EVITA.

She got a series a decade after Evita. She even extended her Evita contract and gave an infamous self-pitying interview in the NY Times lamenting her lack of other offers ...and Evita was such a nightmare how come she extended and did the Austrailian company? hmmmmm

Mandy Patinkin went from Evita right into Ragtime then Yentl....then....

by Anonymousreply 7402/05/2013

The TV program, "It's a Life" (or something like that), the husband in it that Lupone did not like was Bill Smitrovich.

I knew his kids in Bridgeport, CT. Can you tell me why Patti didn't get along with him?

by Anonymousreply 7502/05/2013

[quote]I knew his kids in Bridgeport, CT. Can you tell me why Patti didn't get along with him?

He didn't indulge her neurotic craziness.

by Anonymousreply 7602/05/2013

Bill Smitrovich is NOT a difficult guy to get along with. She wanted to run the whole thing and make it about herself. That was the conflict. And she wasn't sublte about it. At the time she was repped by David Guc and he did many things for Patti no other agent would do including making her look well mannered by comparison. There was never a more loathsome loudmout agent than David Guc. I can still remmeber his whiney voice screaming " 50 thousand dollars???????YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PATTI LUPPPPPPPPPPPPOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE" when negotiating her contract.

His thinking was she should get top TV dollar even though she hadn't proven herself in the medium.

He was the only person who could make her look like she had manners.

by Anonymousreply 7702/05/2013

Chris Burke wrote in his book that Patti LuPone refused to do scenes with him.

Patti would insist Chris acting coach stand in when the camera was on her, then have the acting coach stand in for her when the camera was on Chris. She said she had better things to do as the reason for using a stand in when doing scenes with Chris

The only person Patti got along with was Kelli Martin. Patti would be like a second mom to her, even sing at her wedding and play her mother in a TV movie and on Army Wives.

by Anonymousreply 7802/05/2013

I remember that they had the cast sing the theme to "Life Goes On" and Patti was trying to drown out everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 7902/05/2013

Patti LuPone may be nasty, but at least she's entertainingly nasty.

But let's not decide who's nasty when Dataloungers say some of the most vile things on the internet in the cloak of anonymity on a daily basis. Just read the Rosa Parks thread if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 8002/05/2013

Let's not forget, I always pinched those little kids backstage during GYPSY... I wanted them to be scared of me!

by Anonymousreply 8102/05/2013

R80, you sound like it's time for a break from DL.

Not being facetious. I just returned from a year away.

When you can't enjoy a good B'way's nastiest thread, you're officially sick of DL and DLers.

by Anonymousreply 8202/06/2013

R81 But Miss Patti, you told us it was to make our cheeks red!

by Anonymousreply 8302/06/2013

Betty is back on a staircase for Dear World. Queen's everywhere swoon.

by Anonymousreply 8402/06/2013

If that's Betty Buckley, why does she look like Ed Asner in a dress? Or maybe a much fatter Marion Ross?

by Anonymousreply 8502/06/2013

[quote] In a recent Entertainment Weekly article about "Les Miz", she even had something nasty to say about Susan Boyle's rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream" or whatever that song is called. IIRC, PL called Boyle's rendition "fucking crap" or something along those lines.

I wholeheartedly agree!

by Anonymousreply 8602/06/2013

[quote]Betty is back on a staircase for Dear World. Queen's everywhere swoon.

Somewhere, Ken Mendelbaum is splooging all over his Dell computer monitor.

by Anonymousreply 8702/06/2013

Patti says that when they did their screen test together, Lupone felt tired and couldn't get the scene right. When they called for a brief break, Smitrovich came over, rubbed her shoulders and told her not to worry because they were perfect together. Patti felt it was condescending and the rub inappropriate. That was it for a good relationship. She had nothing but nice things to say about Burke. He even went to the GYPSY opening night, where they posed for pics together. She also adored the first Paige Thatcher, but doesn't even mention the second one.

Now I've heard Daniel Davis can be nasty, but if you read Ken Levine's blog, apparently Fran Drescher was no walk in the park either. That surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 8902/10/2013

on the agent side, the nastiest person is BY FAR John Buzzetti - he is without friends & forces his clients to be his friends or he will drop them

by Anonymousreply 9002/10/2013

Victoria is not making any friends backstage at the Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 9102/10/2013

The thread (with its title intact) would've made a much better television show than "Smash."

by Anonymousreply 9202/10/2013

R89, I went through Levines blog and found lots of references to Fran. Clearly he doesn't like her, but why? I couldn't find a particular reason he gives as to why.

by Anonymousreply 9302/10/2013

Is it Pattie Loop-own or Pattie Loop-own-i?

by Anonymousreply 9402/10/2013

Cinderella is so so so awkward and bad. Vicki Clark looked like she was in PAIN during her bizarre flying moments.

by Anonymousreply 9502/10/2013

r95: Two questions for you, Please.

What are the interpolated songs?

What songs from the original were cut?

by Anonymousreply 9602/10/2013

R90,

Please tell us more about John Buzz(kill)etti! I've heard a few stories about this storied agent but would love to know some more.

by Anonymousreply 9702/10/2013

Is Buzzetti really worse than George Lane? I thought he was supposed to be the antichrist.

by Anonymousreply 9802/11/2013

R96, please post general theatre questions in the appropriate thread. This one isn't for Cinderella bashing (though it's a terrible show).

by Anonymousreply 9902/11/2013

Tovah!

by Anonymousreply 10002/11/2013

The usher at the Hirschfeld

by Anonymousreply 10102/11/2013

R94, you don't pronounce the final "e.". Loo-Pohn. Long o as in "Oh, nO, it's Patti LuPOne!"

by Anonymousreply 10202/12/2013

Terri Klausner

by Anonymousreply 10302/12/2013

Tovah Feldhuh aka Vulva Toadstool

by Anonymousreply 10402/12/2013

bite me.

by Anonymousreply 10602/12/2013

Ah, but the difference, r105, is that it's contained to message boards.

The Nastiest People on Broadway are out there, doing their jobs, and being nasty to people. And there ARE people who qualify. A lot of the ones who get outed here are simply having a bad day and someone who experiences it writes about it.

But the LuPones, Lanes, Neuwirths ... those are real nasty people.

by Anonymousreply 10702/12/2013

More than in your face NASTY people there are the passive aggressives and the malignant narcissists that are FAAAB as long as you are their biggest fan and reflect the image they have of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 10802/14/2013

WTF r108?

[quote] More than in your face NASTY people there are the passive aggressives and the malignant narcissists that are FAAAB as long as you are their biggest fan and reflect the image they have of themselves.

FAAAB?

by Anonymousreply 10902/18/2013

I nominate the Camryn Manheim lookalike usher at the Golden. That bitch is the most sour, malodorous, stanky, putrid waste of ectoplasm to ever stain broadway.

by Anonymousreply 11002/18/2013

Betty's latest review;

by Anonymousreply 11102/18/2013

R108 means that the really awful people are lovey dicey as long as you are kissing their ass. But try to assert yourself or imply that your needs are as important as theirs they go ballistic.

by Anonymousreply 11202/18/2013

112 - you've been warned. i'm fully buffered by the buffet and I'm coming after you full steam ahead!

by Anonymousreply 11302/18/2013

Does Shia count?

by Anonymousreply 11502/21/2013

R19, I'd rather see Ian McLellan played by Helen Mirren.

by Anonymousreply 11602/21/2013

R108 is that you E.D.?

by Anonymousreply 11702/21/2013

Today, the nastiest person on Broadway! Tomorrow, the hottest person in hell!

by Anonymousreply 11802/21/2013

Victoria Clark currently in Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella. Biggest cunt in the magic kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 11903/10/2013

Stories, R119? I'm torn between being disappointed (knew her fairly well in college, and she was a great person in every way then) and intrigued (what the fuck does fame do to people, anyway?).

by Anonymousreply 12003/18/2013

Fame? Fame hasn't done anything to Vicky Clark except pass her over lightly and then completely abandon her.

by Anonymousreply 12103/18/2013

This thread is REPLETE with envy. It's quite sad.

by Anonymousreply 12203/18/2013

Let's hope you drown your sadness in booze, R122, and fall off a trestle in front of a train. We'd like the tracks to be REPLETE with those nine donuts you had for supper, along with your chunks and bits.

by Anonymousreply 12303/18/2013

R71, I'm sorry I never found the time to appear in a second-rate television show for five years. I was too busy starring in the premieres of such hits as Girl Crazy, Anything Goes, DuBarry Was a Lady, Panama Hattie, Annie Get Your Gun, Call Me Madam and Gypsy over a 30-year period.

You twat.

by Anonymousreply 12403/18/2013

Patinkin and Lupone are the nastiest of the nasties.

Proving that to be consummately nasty you also have to be insane.

by Anonymousreply 12503/18/2013

Agree 125.

by Anonymousreply 12603/18/2013

Along with Betty Buckley, Mandy Patinkin is from all reports certifiably insane rather than "nasty." There is a difference ;-)

by Anonymousreply 12703/18/2013

I may be a cunt, but I am a SANE cunt! Keep me away from the psychos!

by Anonymousreply 12803/18/2013

Was Carol Haney's widower Larry Blyden?

by Anonymousreply 12903/18/2013

Yes, r129. They had a son, who died a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 13003/18/2013

What's the story on Alice Ripley? I can't help but raise an eyebrow every time I saw her moniker (RIPLEYTHBAND) appear in the comments section of either Youtube or any article criticizing her performances. I wonder where does all that hate/bitterness is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 13104/17/2013

Ditto at 127. Betty Lynn, Mandy, Christine Ebersole and Bebe Neuwirth are weird, but not necessarily nasty. Betty is particularly nice to her fans.

Borderline cunts include (but not limited to) Elaine Paige, Victoria Clark, Natascia Diaz, Tovah Feldshuh, Jennifer Holliday, Laura Benanti...

Bacall, LuPone, Stritch, Lavin, Nathan Lane and Melissa Errico on the other hand ... well, go figure. But at least the ones in the third group (minus Errico) are Broadway stars of the highest order. I can't tolerate cunts who are merely famous for being, well, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 13204/17/2013

Anyone who thinks Mandy Patinkin is not nasty deserves to be on the receiving end of one of his targeted, insulting, hysterical rants about creativity, being squelched, not being appreciated, and being THE ONE PEOPLE ARE PAYING TO SEE before they snark and coo over the non-nastiness of his insanity.

What a bunch of quibbling asses here.

by Anonymousreply 13304/17/2013

R124, Oh please, Ethel. Just face it, you're simply not camera-friendly, are you? THAT IS WHY.

by Anonymousreply 13404/17/2013

r132, that's the first time I've heard Elaine Paige called cunty - can you share any stories?

by Anonymousreply 13504/17/2013

R135, have you listened to her BBC Sunday radio show online? Her laugh is downright sinister and she's as fake as it gets.

by Anonymousreply 13604/17/2013

R135, It happened to a friend of an acquaintance. I can't remember the exact details; the person who told the story said that after a performance of Sunset Blvd, her friend said "hi" to Elaine. She simply snubbed him and walked past as if she saw nothing.

There is also the possibility that the guy is probably hounding Elaine night after night and she simply got sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 13704/20/2013

Jenna Russell tells a story of how she worked with Elaine Paige on the first ABBA jukebox musical, and blurted out to Elaine one night: "You're really nice, you know... Everyone said you'd be a cunt." Russell was something like 15 at the time, which explains the faux pas.

Paige explained that living like a nun because of the vocal demands of EVITA led to a "she thinks she's too good to socialise with us" reputation among the chorus.

by Anonymousreply 13804/20/2013

who's being NASTY this Tony season. Only Nelle Nugent ?

by Anonymousreply 14005/17/2013

Elaine Paige is definitely an insufferable cunt of the highest order. She has a massive ego and is truly a nasty, evil bitch who uses and abuses people. Manipulative as hell, too!

by Anonymousreply 14105/17/2013

Any specific Paige stories, r141?

by Anonymousreply 14205/17/2013

bumps for bway nasties

by Anonymousreply 14308/17/2013

Paige seemed to get on VERY well with Ron Raines. He's married, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 14408/17/2013

Raines is very happily married.

by Anonymousreply 14508/17/2013

I don't understand these Lupone, Patinkin are not ghetto thugs why doesn't anybody say fuck off. If they were nasty to me they would have gotten a quick fuck off cunt from my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 14608/17/2013

Outside the stage door at Symphony Hall one evening in 1989, after a Boston Pops performance with guest artists Barbara Cook and Mandy Patinkin . . . fans swarmed around Barbara for photos and autographs, while Mandy just stood there alone like an abandoned child.

by Anonymousreply 14708/17/2013

r146

What's your line of business?

by Anonymousreply 14808/17/2013

I worked with Elaine Paige for several months and she was adorable and sweet in every way. Never once saw her cunt-like. If anything, she was deferential.

by Anonymousreply 14908/17/2013

Raul Esparza hit the children who were playing his children during a performance of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG. He also badmouthed Rosie O'Donnell while TABOO was in previews.

by Anonymousreply 15008/17/2013

Sherie Renee Scott has a reputation for being cold, aloof and self-centered. She was pretty much shunned by the cast of WOMAN ON THE VERGE, and wasn't any more popular over at LITTLE MERMAID. Is it no wonder that she now only does solo shows?

by Anonymousreply 15108/17/2013

[quote] He also badmouthed Rosie O'Donnell while TABOO was in previews.

Boy George recounts Rosie's ridiculous micromanagement in his memoir. Esparza in particular had good reason to gripe.

by Anonymousreply 15208/17/2013

R152 as Rosie said, "My money, my way." She was right, he was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15308/17/2013

"Ditto at 127. Betty Lynn, Mandy, Christine Ebersole and Bebe Neuwirth are weird, but not necessarily nasty."

Christine Ebersole does not belong on this list. She is not "weird." And here's another vote in favor of Elaine Paige -- a lovely lady.

by Anonymousreply 15408/17/2013

Are there two of these threads?

The other one ended with some gripes against Dana Ivey.

by Anonymousreply 15508/17/2013

Sorry to say and I am SORRY Yes Christine is weird... but she is also (or can be - and I have seen on 2 separate occasions) the Terrible Bitch C--- that she is! And of course Bebe is at the Top of the list. It is a wonder she even got half the things she has accomplished with that Nasty attitude. And since it says on Broadway for this thread. Producer David Stone can head that section.

by Anonymousreply 15608/17/2013

Nicol Williamson - I was reading this thread out loud to my friend and when I read that name he just yelled "THAT CUNT!!!"

He used to work in the West End in various jobs - he has a couple of specific stories, but his general theme was that Williamson just destroyed morale and team-spirit on every project that "great actor" ever worked on...

by Anonymousreply 15708/17/2013

Is it pronounced "Nickel" or "Nicole"?

by Anonymousreply 15808/17/2013

R150 both the children still keep in touch with Raul so I doubt that. I met the girl at Cap 21 and she had only positive things to say about him.

by Anonymousreply 15908/17/2013

It's "Nickel."

by Anonymousreply 16008/17/2013

And what a nasty piece of work Nicol was. Bat shit crazy, essentially, and unpleasant with it all.

by Anonymousreply 16108/17/2013

I don't think Sherie Rene Scott is particularly nasty, but she may be cold, aloof, and unfriendly. When she was in her one-woman show at the Roundabout she gave the single most inarticulate interview I've ever seen on NY1 Moron Stage. And on NY1 that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 16208/17/2013

The only interview I've ever seen of hers that really gives an idea of who Sherie really is was a long one on BroadwayWorld not too long ago. She's wacky but I think it all comes from a good place. It seems she enjoys doing solo shows most. By far.

by Anonymousreply 16308/17/2013

anyone else ever heard Chita Rivera curse up a storm? It's a thing to behold.

by Anonymousreply 16408/17/2013

Oh no. Chits with a dirty mouth? I refuse to believe it!

by Anonymousreply 16508/17/2013

Really, R150, you shouldn't spread gossip like that without being sure.

by Anonymousreply 16608/17/2013

R164 A good stream of curse words can be fun--but is she nasty in the sense of being mean? Goes against her public image, certainly, and the reports of those who have talked about working with her.

by Anonymousreply 16708/17/2013

Elaine Paige has two personalities - her "American" persona, where she's sweet and deferential (she's smart enough to realize her name doesn't carry the weight over here that it does in England - she's not on a par, name-wise, with LuPone, Peters, etc).

Then there's Elaine on her home turf, where she is very similar to what r 141 describes. I wouldn't call her "evil" or "abusive," but she definitely manipulates people, and treats you in proportion to how "important" she deems you to be. She's had a few hard knocks at home, though - the fact that she couldn't keep "Drowsy Chaperone" alive beyond a couple of months was a huge blow to her ego - so she's not quite the "Elaine the bitch" of the old days.

by Anonymousreply 16808/17/2013

I think this has been mentioned before, but Elaine Paige came to my school and we were instructed to give her a standing ovation upon her entrance to the classroom. We weren't told to do the same for Alan Cumming, so it most likely came from her side.

by Anonymousreply 16908/17/2013

Brian J Smith

by Anonymousreply 17008/17/2013

Please R89, more Nanny gossip on Davis and Drescher! Please!

by Anonymousreply 17108/17/2013

I have a lot of friends who work in the theater. Have never heard a bad word about Chita, in fact all of them rave about how lovely she is. When I have seen her off stage she was warm and nice. No one I know has a nice word for Ebersole and one friend who worked with her thinks she is the meanest person he has ever known in the theater. I saw Sherie Rene Scott with Jason Robert Brown and Norbert Leo Butz they were friendly with each other and with me. Also saw John Lithgow palling around with Scott after Everyday Rapture. Just because mean girls Lupone and Benanti didn't like Sherie doesn't mean she is nasty. Scott had to carry a show that wasn't working, that isn't easy.

by Anonymousreply 17208/17/2013

R167, she's not mean with her cursing. Rather she uses it to great effect....but she can really string together a series of salty words that would make a sailor blush.

by Anonymousreply 17308/17/2013

David Stone is the worst!

by Anonymousreply 17408/21/2013

R170. What's the dish on Brian? He's in rehearsals with the blessed Cheery and weiredette Zachary. More please.

by Anonymousreply 17508/21/2013

R175, not R170 here, but I have heard that BJS is a major closet case despite having been in gay roles before, and perhaps being best known for them even. Closeting would be fine I guess, so many actors do it, but I've heard that BJS is very tired of the question because of the past gay roles and has taken to being nasty about the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 17608/21/2013

Shhh, R174. We call him Lord Voldemort.

by Anonymousreply 17708/21/2013

aND NOW SILENCE

by Anonymousreply 17808/26/2013

Crickets

by Anonymousreply 17909/03/2013

R179. You gotta do better than this if you want to keep a dying thread alive.

by Anonymousreply 18009/03/2013

Maybe there isn't anyone nasty left on Broadway. They've all gone off-Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 18109/03/2013

r181 that made my day.

by Anonymousreply 18209/03/2013

There's gotta be nasty somewhere off-Broadway. Put your thinking caps on, girls, and dish.

by Anonymousreply 18309/03/2013

This is pathetic

by Anonymousreply 18409/23/2013

Did we ever discuss the Sutton Foster/Kelli O'Hara feud?

by Anonymousreply 18509/23/2013

R186. As nasty as Jesse Eisenberg?

by Anonymousreply 18709/23/2013

A famous actress took voice lessons from Victoria Clark for a musical she was doing. Vicki was so awful to her that she wanted to quit the show. That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 18809/23/2013

r188 - Kim Catrall?

by Anonymousreply 18909/24/2013

R165 reminds me, what exactly is the Liza Minnelli/Chita Rivera thing. Did they get along or not get along? Or am I thinking of Rita Moreno, that Forbidden Broadway parody has me confused...

by Anonymousreply 19009/26/2013

r190

Two words: Lisa Mordente.

by Anonymousreply 19109/26/2013

the Liza/Lisa rumours are just that. Rumours.

Hunter Ryan Herdlicka. Now there's a piece of work. Besides handling Elaine Stritch, what has this closet-dwelling queen done since Night Music (in which he was snoozy)?

by Anonymousreply 19211/22/2013

How exactly did he "handle" Stritch. I see their names linked together a lot, but how do they know each other?

by Anonymousreply 19311/22/2013

R150, that's an old false rumor about Raul. Don't you think that would've blown up in the press/Equity lawsuits if it were true? It is true, however, that Marc Kudisch gave a used scooter to one of the Chitty kids for the cast's holiday gift swap.

by Anonymousreply 19411/22/2013

Nice to see this thread alive again. thanks r192

by Anonymousreply 19511/22/2013

People come...People go, but this thread will always belong to Linda Lavin...

by Anonymousreply 19611/22/2013

you'e welcome, R195! Started just bc I wanted see if anyone else has stories about Hunter Ryan Herdlicka. I had such a negative experience with him in 2011. He makes my flesh crawl.

by Anonymousreply 19711/22/2013

Hunter Ryan Herdlicka claims to be straight, r192??

by Anonymousreply 19811/22/2013

What happened, R197?

by Anonymousreply 19911/22/2013

He really should just go by Hunter Ryan.

We were at the after-party of a show starring _________, and he hit me up on grindr. Decided to meedt up by the bar. After ascertaining I couldn't do anything for him career-wise, he turned around and walked away from me mid-sentence.

I'm friendly with __________, and while I was saying goodbye and making lunch plans with her, who pops up but HRH, only this time super friendly and ingratiating and huggy, pulling out his cell phone for a pic and handing her his contact info (which she tossed before leaving).

Oh, and yes, he's described himself as straight before. Oyyyyyy.

by Anonymousreply 20012/01/2013

He sounds like a class act, all the way.

by Anonymousreply 20112/02/2013

Clark's still talking about that G&D experience? That's not very wise. Nathan Lane is the King of Broadway...

by Anonymousreply 20212/02/2013

Clark herself isn't exactly one of Broadway's beloved icons. She's got herself a similar reputation and this covering ancient ground about Nathan won't exactly endear her to the few people left who adore her... Clark's still got a long way to reach the shit that Lavin dishes out, but she's fast catching up to her.

by Anonymousreply 20312/02/2013

honestly, what kind of career does he expect to have with the last name "Herdlicka"? Even if he went by Hunter Ryan it would be easier to swallow. At least Ben Rimalower's is only funny to gay men.

Herdlicka. What the hell are you gonna do with a name like Herdlicka?

by Anonymousreply 20412/15/2013

I've found Hunter Herdlicka to be slimy and gross, but not maliciously nasty. He's about career climbing.

by Anonymousreply 20512/17/2013

Michael Hartman!

by Anonymousreply 20612/17/2013

[quote]Michael Hartman!

Done. Taken care of!

Anyone know who's getting the accounts for all those shows? His implosion is going to be someone else's goldmine.

by Anonymousreply 20712/17/2013

R192, HRH is a for sure a loathsome star-fucker and a user, but as far as I know, he is NOT in the closet. Why do you say he is?t

by Anonymousreply 20812/17/2013

I've spent some time with Bebe. I found her charming, intelligent and downright pleasant. Given her reputation, I was astounded.

My friends who know Betty Lynn all say she's loopy but not a bitch.

And Vicky Clark is beloved by many. Not sure why she shows up on so many shit lists here on DL, but she's got nothing on many on this list, including and especially:

-Nathan Lane -Joe Mantello (the screamer) -Mary-Louise Parker -Linda Lavin -Arthur Laurents (RIP), who worked recently enough on Broadway to still merit appearing on this thread. A real prick.

All very talented. It's when they're not and assholes that the real problems begin.

And I've heard Dana Ivey is a piece of work as well. Has she really retired? She's very talented. Not nice, but talented.

Happy holidays!

by Anonymousreply 20912/25/2013

Has the current Theatre Gossip Thread been removed? I can't seem to retrieve it and it's been very slow moving for about two weeks. There was something on it about what a bitch Sarah Paulson is. I need to know if she's of the order of Linda Lavin, Marlo Thomas, and/or Bebe Neuwirth. It's a cinch she can't top Betty Perske. No one can.

by Anonymousreply 21001/04/2014

The thread is there, it's just been slow because of the holidays. Here's a link.

by Anonymousreply 21101/04/2014

Thanks, R211. Can't believe the queens have all left town, or maybe they are buried in the snow. Fantasia asked me to bump this thread, even though it's slow going for her.

by Anonymousreply 21201/04/2014

Primetime always fucks up the theatre threads.

by Anonymousreply 21301/04/2014

Bebe has some fascinating stories to tell in this recent BroadwayWorld interview. This might be the most she's ever disclosed, actually. It is long.

by Anonymousreply 21401/04/2014

r214

Does the writer include the compliment from the interviewee as he does in every fucking interview ("This was fun, Tim", "you're great, Tim", "Tim, this was delightful" etc.)?

by Anonymousreply 21501/04/2014

"performative prowess"? This person is clearly not a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 21601/04/2014

But it's no longer 2013, is it?

by Anonymousreply 21701/04/2014

Ax to grind much, R215/R216? Link to your blog? Also: "performative prowess" is perfectly correct as used here according to Merriam-Webster.

by Anonymousreply 21801/04/2014

r218

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but I hate the tone of that interview series. It reeks of fangurl. I prefer interviews that strike a balance between fannish "enthusiasm" and journalistic professionalism. I'm surprised emoticons aren't used by the writer.

by Anonymousreply 21901/04/2014

R219, here's some simple advice then: don't read them. I am not aware of any other series on the internet or otherwise in print with pieces as extensive and subjects as diverse. The relaxed tone usually means the subjects feel free to reveal more... as can clearly be seen in that evidently career-best interview from Bebe. So, again: link to your blog?

by Anonymousreply 22001/04/2014

r220

I don't have a blog. I appreciate the interviews in some aspects, and I don't in others. I've expressed that, as is my right. Perhaps I should apologise for not indulging in a squeefest. Perahps I should, but I won't.

by Anonymousreply 22101/04/2014

Anything on Michael Cerveris?

by Anonymousreply 22201/04/2014

Or, R221, perhaps you could discuss Bebe and the heretofore unheard stories she shares in the article and make a valid contribution to the thread instead of criticizing an interview style you say you dislike, adding exactly nothing at all. Or not. Maybe a blog would be a good idea for you after all... just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 22301/04/2014

Costume designer Cathy Zuber.

by Anonymousreply 22401/04/2014

r223 Perhaps you could start a poll on what constitutes a valid contribution to this thread.

There was nothing about nastiness in Neuwirth's interview. Should it even be mentioned on this thread at all? Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 22501/04/2014

Uh, R225, the point of posting the article was to show how NOT nasty Bebe actually is, as other posters here have said, with her generously sharing extensive memories and personal insights from her career and generally coming off very pleasant, but clearly you have missed that point. If you don't like it, don't read it.

by Anonymousreply 22601/04/2014

r226

You are absolutely clueless if you think an interview - part of Neuwirth's job - reveals what she's really like as a person/co-worker. I'm actually embarrassed for you over that piece of naivete.

by Anonymousreply 22701/04/2014

Girls! Girls! You're both hideous.

by Anonymousreply 22801/04/2014

So is Sarah Paulson as insightful and informative as Bebe? That's all I want to know!

by Anonymousreply 22901/04/2014

There's a good video interview with Paulson on Broadway.com (it's on their youtube channel as well). She comes across as fun and not a whiny pill.

by Anonymousreply 23001/04/2014

"A piece of naivete," indeed, R227! Still contributing nothing, I see... moving on...

Oh, and: I'm SO embarrassed! What stupid logic.

I reiterate: get a blog.

Trolldar reveals you spew nothing but bile in every thread, so it is to be expected. Tell us again how ugly Jason DeRulo is - on your new blog, that is. Kisses.

by Anonymousreply 23101/04/2014

If you're moving on, why did you post the rest of it?

by Anonymousreply 23201/04/2014

R232? Get. A. Blog.

by Anonymousreply 23301/04/2014

I've never been so offended.

by Anonymousreply 23401/04/2014

congratulations you two bitches for killing this thread

by Anonymousreply 23501/06/2014

a friend still tells of Lauren Bacall's nastiness in Waiting in the Wings. Performance was great, but a holy terror backstage

by Anonymousreply 23601/06/2014

heard that many times about Betty but the stories don't sound credible

by Anonymousreply 23701/06/2014

R236. Performance of Betty in Waiting in the Wings was far from great. She could barely walk across the stage, and she was outacted by Rosemary Harris at every utterance. Bacall was, regardless of her persona, badly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 23801/06/2014

I've only dealt with Stritch passingly (her gay friend Hunter is a piece of work though).

I did produce a project with Victoria Clark and while my own interaction wasn't much, the word on the set was she was pleasant and funny, even while doing material that (I admit) was beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 23901/06/2014

R239, dish please. I've had my own run-ins with the stupidly named Hunter Ryan Herdlicka, and am always interested in others' interactions with him.

by Anonymousreply 24001/06/2014

new season, new nasties?

by Anonymousreply 24103/03/2014

"Anything on Michael Cerveris?"

By virtually all accounts, he seems to be a very nice guy, R222. He used to be a bit of a ladies man, though.

I've heard Michael Beresse can be a nightmare. Any truth to that? Whatever happened to him, anyway?t

by Anonymousreply 24203/03/2014

No nasties this season

by Anonymousreply 24304/09/2014

so what is the Hanke disappearance true story

by Anonymousreply 24404/16/2014

Foa = famous (in a small way).

Hanke =/= not famous.

by Anonymousreply 24504/16/2014

Hanke just doesn't play gay convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 24604/16/2014

R224- I can say from personal experience that Zuber is indeed the THE nastiest piece of shit that ever stepped foot in a theatre-she actually spit, yes, spit at me once......never again......she is a total see you next tuesday.......die just die.......

by Anonymousreply 24704/16/2014

no one nasty this Tony season? I don't believe that for a second

by Anonymousreply 24805/11/2014

John Benjamin Hickey definitely deserves this title.....I'm curious how deep his rage is that Joe Mantello got an honorary cameo in Normal Heart and Hickey didn't!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24905/11/2014

I've also heard awful things about Zuber but I thought her rage was mostly just directed at her assistants and lesser female stars.

by Anonymousreply 25005/11/2014

I'm glad Michael Cerveris is a nice guy, but he's indicative of the dearth of compelling leading men in Bway. WTF? Where are the exciting, magnetic, sexy, multi-talented leading men?

by Anonymousreply 25105/11/2014

bumping for nasties.

by Anonymousreply 25205/12/2014

apparently no one has been nasty since May

by Anonymousreply 25307/31/2014

still no nasties?

by Anonymousreply 25408/27/2014

I think it is pretty difficult to top the first and second "Nastiest Person on Broadway" threads which are now a few years old.

There were genuine insiders on those threads. EVERYONE in the business read them

by Anonymousreply 25508/27/2014

everyone, r255?

by Anonymousreply 25609/01/2014

The true nasties work in the other, more lucrative entertainment industries. The people in the theatre are nice.

by Anonymousreply 25709/01/2014

r256, my partner is an entertainment lawyer. "The Nastiest People on Broadway" threads were how I discovered Datalounge in the first place.

When the threads were active my partner got an email from a colleague that went as follows:

"have you heard of this site "datalounge"?

and the link to the thread.

My partner hit "reply all" and lo and behold the sender forgot to make private the list he/she was emailing and it included several big names in NY theater.

Not long after, parts of the threads that discussed a legendary actress in unflattering and accusatory terms were redacted [if I told you why it would be removed]

Also removed were some key facts about an understudy drama that involved some very famous names. Can't say more about those subjects.

I am just offering this not to tease but to let r256 know that while it is certain "everyone" did not read those threads, certainly some rich and powerful people with connections did.

r257, I love your dry wit.

by Anonymousreply 25809/01/2014

Why are people so afraid of that producer of one of the biggest grossing musicals (*) currently on Broadway? People are afraid to identify him by name.

(*) Not THE LION KING

by Anonymousreply 25909/01/2014

[quote]Not long after, parts of the threads that discussed a legendary actress in unflattering and accusatory terms were redacted [if I told you why it would be removed.

Fair enough but by "legendary" you could only mean a few people mentioned in that thread.

Was the "legendary" name taken out of the thread completely? You say "parts of" does that mean all the parts of the thread identifying the person?

Also, the understudy drama is probably the rumor that Nathan got one of Matthew's standbys fired during the producers? Just guessing as the original threads are now gone but this was mentioned on the current theater gossip thread.

Give me some more gossip to entertain me as I have go back to my "legendary" cubicle tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 26009/01/2014

Linder Lavvin. McKellin-Strathearn-Mirrin

by Anonymousreply 26109/01/2014

[quote]My partner hit "reply all" and lo and behold the sender forgot to make private the list he/she was emailing and it included several big names in NY theater.

Darling, You made my day: finally a DL'r who knows "Lo and behold" is not LOW and behold"

My Mother thanks you...

My Father thanks you...

But most of all I thank you...

by Anonymousreply 26209/01/2014

not to be rude, but is Linder Lavina really considered a "legend"

by Anonymousreply 26309/01/2014

Yet your partner didn't notice that he was sending a reply to a bunch of people instead of the one who was asking him a question? How professional.

by Anonymousreply 26409/01/2014

It might have been the S&M stuff about Pandy Matinkin.

by Anonymousreply 26509/01/2014

Maybe he has sausage fingers.

by Anonymousreply 26609/01/2014

r264 , hit "reply all" just to see who else was getting the mail which was obviously a group email. Sometimes people forget to make the information only for the sender.

btw, it wasn't like it was a heavy piece of gossip or a legal document. Just a link to DL

by Anonymousreply 26709/01/2014

those threads were driven by theater insiders. Maybe they did so thinking Datalounge was really on the DL and not enough people read it to make posting risky.

Now that "everyone" has read the threads it is unlikely any insiders will post here again for fear of being found out.

by Anonymousreply 26809/01/2014

how could they get found out?

by Anonymousreply 26909/15/2014

[quote]Why are people so afraid of that producer of one of the biggest grossing musicals (*) currently on Broadway? People are afraid to identify him by name.

Rott Scudin? Stavid Done? Either fits the bill. And the reason they're afraid of them is pretty simple. They're vindictive, paranoid rageaholics with enemies lists.

by Anonymousreply 27009/15/2014

valdemort got married

by Anonymousreply 27109/21/2014

And his hubby is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 27209/21/2014

[quote] And his hubby is adorable.

Pics or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 27309/21/2014

Broadway is too boring. With no big personalities on the boards there are no notably nasty characters right now.

Except Nathan, of course. But I haven't heard any new stories about him since his PRODUCERS heyday.

by Anonymousreply 27409/21/2014

Its Only A Bad Play, Last Ship Adrift, SideShow, there must be nasties around

by Anonymousreply 27510/04/2014

did something kill broadway thread 147? ? ?

by Anonymousreply 27610/28/2014

Probably the ALL THAT CHAT snark.

by Anonymousreply 27710/28/2014

A friend of mine was waiting for Lox at Zabar's on the Upper West Side one Sunday morning with every other Jew in New York City. Betty Bacall pushed her way to the front of the crowd and demanded to be served. The guy behind the counter said something to the effect of, "Sorry, ma'am, but all these people are ahead of you." She got indignant. "I'm Betty Bacall, dammit! I don't wait for fish!" And stormed out.

by Anonymousreply 27810/28/2014

Why would Bacall say "Betty" in a don't-you-know-who-I-am situation? Most people who know of her as a celebrity don't know her as Betty.

by Anonymousreply 27910/28/2014

R279 has obviously never been to the Upper West Side.

by Anonymousreply 28010/28/2014

This thread already has more potential than Theatre Gossip #147.

by Anonymousreply 28110/28/2014

Well if it was Linda Lavin's or Tyne Daly's people who got the previous threads deleted who in their right mind would consider them legendary?

Egos the size of Jupiter ok but not legendary in the widely held meaning of the word.

People on Broadway today who are nasty are just nasty. Years ago they were fun nasty because they had talent just as long as you weren't the target of their nastiness. Then no amount of talent means a hill of beans.

by Anonymousreply 28210/28/2014

Well, Elaine Stritch has been described as legendary for at least the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 28310/28/2014

The idea of Linda Lavin having "people" cracks me up. Like she's the Cersei Lannister of the upper west side.

by Anonymousreply 28410/28/2014

Maybe Nathan and Linda could join the run in Love Letters and everyone would refer to it as Nasty Letters.

by Anonymousreply 28510/30/2014

Awhile back Linda's PA was interviewed. Guess they couldn't find a PA to someone famous.

by Anonymousreply 28610/30/2014

Any one know Patrick Healy at the New York Times? He writes like a wannabe Riedel bitch but not as much fun. Its really surprising that his tone is appropriate for the New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 28711/24/2014

VIctoria Clark joining the cast of HOMELAND which stars Mandy Patinkin. That is two nasty people on one cable show.

by Anonymousreply 28811/24/2014

with so many flops in the past 12 months someone must be nasty. So bump for nasties.

by Anonymousreply 28901/05/2015

nothing can top parts one and two of the original nastiest person on Broadway threads. I think they are no longer archived on DL.

Btw, Tyne Daly is a nice woman and easy to deal with. I don't remember her being mentioned in any derogatory way in the previous threads.

by Anonymousreply 29001/05/2015

such a busy season, so many failures, who's nasty

by Anonymousreply 29102/13/2015

Any new encounters?

How's Mary Testa? Or Kathy Fitzgerald? Or Jayne Houdyshell? Or Carol Kane?

by Anonymousreply 29203/04/2015

i miss this thread

by Anonymousreply 29304/18/2015

Seeing Ms.LuPone this evening at The Patchogue Theatre. Haven't spoken to her since I walked her to her locker at Julliard after View From the Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 29404/18/2015

Harvey Weinstein

by Anonymousreply 29504/18/2015

Jason Robert Brown is top five for sure.

by Anonymousreply 29604/18/2015
Need more help? Click Here.