Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pat Buchanan: Senate immigration bill will fail, Rubio ‘will be badly damaged’ [VIDEO]

On this weekend’s broadcast of “The McLaughlin Group,” conservative columnist and author of “Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025?” Pat Buchanan said the bipartisan Senate immigration plan drafted by the so-called “gang of eight” will fail, damaging Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio’s chances of winning the White House.

“The path to citizenship in my judgment is going to fail,” Buchanan said. “It will certainly be stopped in the House, and I think Marco Rubio, who has gotten himself out front on it, will be badly damaged, because I think there’s going to be a rising Populist reaction to his proposal.”

Newsweek’s Eleanor Clift agreed with Buchanan, adding that the downfall of immigration reform would also cost Republicans generally in the 2014 midterms.

“It’ll pass the Senate probably with 70-plus votes,” Clift said. “And then the House is problematical for the very reasons that Pat just outlined. Republicans don’t like giving the undocumented immigrants the path to citizenship. And if they block that, the Democrats have a helluva an issue going in the 2014 midterm elections.”

Co-panelists Mort Zuckerman of U.S. News & World Report and moderator John McLaughlin predicted the legislation would indeed succeed, with McLaughlin saying Rubio will walk away from it just fine.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2013

Why are you posting ANYTHING this fat, pasty, bigoted, Know-Nothing, Papist douchebag has to say?

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

Unlike his sister who has left politics to go into real estate, it seems like Pat intends to hang around a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

Pat has aged into irrelevance, who gives a fuck?

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

Damn, I forgot piggy-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

HOPEFULLY, the immigration bill does fail. This country doesn't need that.

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

Pat Buchanan is not irrelevant. He makes valid well thought out points. Not a bigot - but a realist.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

Isn't he dead?

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

Pat's speech was better in the original German.

by Anonymousreply 802/04/2013

Shorter version of Pat Buchanan:

"The last thing this country needs is to be darkened down with more Spicks and Wetbacks."

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2013

I thought he was dead. He certainly thinks like a dead person.

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2013

He's right. It will fail & Rubio will be badly damaged with WHITES but there's a bigger picture here. Rubio probably knew it would not go through and this is his ploy for the all-important Latino vote.

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2013

R11, that's not going to be enough. If Rubio wants to win the Latino vote in 2016, he has to do better.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!