Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce at the half time. Holy fucking shit.

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a fan, but I like her work. But that was mind blowingly fantastic. And Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams? I soiled myself.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10602/05/2013

Yeah, sure.

Inauthentic, Vegas-shake-ass bullshit.

Glad you liked it.

by Thank god for depends.reply 102/03/2013

Ok Jayz, just calm the fuck down

by Thank god for depends.reply 202/03/2013

I was disappointed. She could've chosen better songs from her catalog and sang more instead of dancing. Her make-up job was one of the worst I've ever seen her look.

by Thank god for depends.reply 302/03/2013

I like her solution to the lip synch "scandal"--simply don't sing. Genius.

by Thank god for depends.reply 402/03/2013

I think she's a rather mediocre talent with mediocre material. I don't think she bad, mind you, I just don't get the hype that she's supposed to be this brilliant performer like Tina Turner was in her prime.

by Thank god for depends.reply 502/03/2013

It was mesmerizing! Her hair and makeup have seen better days, but it was great. Her best talent is shaking what her mama gave her and Im glad she didnt hold back.

by Thank god for depends.reply 702/03/2013

Were we all supposed to feel this would be as historic as the Supremes reuniting just because those two other dispensible whores showed up to barely sing?

by Thank god for depends.reply 802/03/2013

r8, this was Rosa Parks historic. It was VE Day historic. It was "Liza's Back!" historic.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1002/03/2013

Madonna was way better last year.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1102/03/2013

She gave new meaning to the word SLEAZY. And the songs were horrible. It was utterly ridiculous.

I can't believe people let children watch that sluttiness. Wow.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1202/03/2013

Did Beyonce create a new booty dance?

by Thank god for depends.reply 1302/03/2013

she sucks.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1402/03/2013

Wasn't the show short? Probably because she had to sing live and couldn't dance and lip synch like Madonna did last year.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1502/03/2013

Beyonce and/or Destiny's Child doesn't do anything for me, although I did like the Single Ladies song when it came out. I'm trying to understand her popularity. Is she like A-As' Madonna?

by Thank god for depends.reply 1602/03/2013

[quote]She gave new meaning to the word SLEAZY.

[Bold]MARY!!![/bold]

by Thank god for depends.reply 1702/03/2013

I loved it. She's my new superheroine.

by Thank god for depends.reply 1802/03/2013

Probably R19. That's why gay men are lining up to suck Hillary' tit in 16 after Billy pissed on them with DOMA and DADT. Sad.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2002/03/2013

Diana Ross at Superbowl XXX was better

by Thank god for depends.reply 2102/03/2013

Stupid People In California.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2302/03/2013

Lola Falana did it all much better 30 years ago.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2502/03/2013

Puh-leese, OP. She was so off-key and pitchy it wasn't even funny.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2602/03/2013

Beyonce nor Madonna couldn't hold a candle to THE ONE AND ONLY...

by Thank god for depends.reply 2702/03/2013

Her song selection showcased just how weak her catalog is. She needs to lock The-Dream back in his cage until he writes her another "Single Ladies." Ending the set with Halo? LOL, really? That song was always Teddy copy and pasting Halo over and over on his word processor so he had something to turn into his publisher in the AM.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2802/03/2013

Awful, so was Madonna. They're after the female market.

by Thank god for depends.reply 2902/03/2013

She looked like a stripper in some tacky Atlanta club. I'm shocked she wasn't writhing on a pole. And he barely sang at all - just pranced around shaking her ass. Pathetic.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3002/03/2013

Wnever I see her sing and dance I think she's fine, she's got a good voice and knows how to use her body.

And once she stops singing and dancing, I forget she exists.

She's not going to be remembered.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3102/03/2013

R28 Beyonce songs are highly repetitious.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3202/03/2013

R20 Blacks aren't like gays. We don't forgive and forget. Hill won't get the percentage of Black votes as Obama did or the number she would of gotten in 08 if Obama didn't run. Blacks were friends with the Jews during the Civil Rights Movement. We needed their money for all those bus trips. But today forget about it. All those movies of blacks being a white person' best friend is all Hollywood myth making. From Driving Ms. Davis to the Help. We coexist with you until you piss us off. You need that fantasy so you can go asleep at night and not fear the browning of the planet. You're going to be extinct soon wit your DNA and bones on display at the Smithsonian. We will rename the it the Will Smith_ sonian.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3302/03/2013

Rachel Campos-Duffy declared that Beyonce's performance was slutty.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3402/03/2013

I think madonna put on a better show but Beyonce sang livish...they could have done better DC songs.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3502/03/2013

The halftime show totally blew.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3602/03/2013

[quote]We make messes you have to clean up because we can't get our shit together.

There, R33. Fixed it for you.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3702/03/2013

I'm glad the two white gay liberals at R33 and R37 decided to post (still want to call yourselves gay, black people? LGBT, right? LOL). Hillary will get at least 90% of the black vote. Obama was lucky if he got 51% of the white gay vote in 2012.

by Thank god for depends.reply 3802/03/2013

To OP

Pleeeeaze Beyonce, just do me a favour and GO AWAY!!!

by Thank god for depends.reply 3902/04/2013

I HATE racist white gays (r33 and R7) the way they act you would think they were not second class citizens themselves fighting against discrimination and stereotypes. If a joke is made about gays and AIDS all bets are off, yet they feel no apprehension when it comes to calling blacks illiterate, ghetto, apes, stating about cleaning up our messes or using ebonics.

Oh I cannot wait for the great race war (r33 and r37 know what I'm talking about) I will slit their throat.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4002/04/2013

She doesn't have the catalog to pull off this gig.

And hell, if Beyonce had to go to the unemployment office there'd be a Destiny's Child reunion every week.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4102/04/2013

# 12 said it all

And # 31 is right - she's not going to be remembered ....at least not in the Ella, Billie, Aretha, Diana, Whitney way. Poor Be - she does TRY so hard.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4202/04/2013

I find it funny that a lot of gay whites can be racist, then in the same breath try to compare the struggle for gay marriage to racism in the past. Shut the FUCK up. Just do it.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4302/04/2013

[quote]Madonna was way better last year

Which part? The part where LMFAO spit roasted her crooked body or the part where she almost fell?

by Thank god for depends.reply 4402/04/2013

she's sucks!!!!!!!!!!11

madonna>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gorince

by Thank god for depends.reply 4502/04/2013

Janet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Madonna/Beyonce

by Thank god for depends.reply 4602/04/2013

Janet's right tit had more talent in it than the freak show BeYAWNce put on.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4702/04/2013

The light show was a real spectacle.

And she did a beautiful job with the pre-record.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4802/04/2013

I'm neither a Beyonce fan nor a Madonna fan, but Madonna's show was lightyears better than Beyonce's. That's just all there is to it.

by Thank god for depends.reply 4902/04/2013

BeYAWNce does try hard. To paraphrase the great Ann Richards -"Poor Beyonce.She can't help it. She was born with huge ambition.....and little talent". But oh my, she does TRY so very hard.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5002/04/2013

[quote]We coexist with you until you piss us off. You need that fantasy so you can go asleep at night and [bold]not fear the browning of the planet[/bold].

R33 must have missed the DL meltdown thread about whites in CA becoming the minority.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5102/04/2013

R43 I'm black and I don't like BeYAWNce either. Just because someone doesn't like her doesn't mean they're racist, unless they're bringing her race up.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5202/04/2013

She's a beautiful girl - stunning. We're talking about her talent. Race has nothing to do with it. Loved Whitney - she, admittedly, couldnt dance. BeYAWNce can't sing.They are/were both beautiful girls.Please don't bring the race card in.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5302/04/2013

Mother Teresa where were you a week ago when the "racist card" was being played to the max in one of these threads as well as the California thread? Exactly. And R43 is obviously not talking about the Beyonce criticism.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5402/04/2013

I agree with R41 that Beyonce does not have the catalog I pull off a halftime show for mainstream America. Only "Crazy In Love," and "Single Ladies" are her most well-known songs. She's had other pop hits, but those are the two that would be the most well known. Her other songs are R&B hits. Her solo career occurred in an era in which the music industry is much more fragmented than in the era of Michael, Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Prince, or Janet. Also, in spite of her bland, non-threatening image to make her appear less ethnic or hood, her coochie-popping dances and Texas cheerleader outfits are considered too "scary" and "risqué" for conservative white families (who prefer Taylor Swift), so she'll never have the all-around mainstream fame that those artists had in the 80's and 90's.

She does have the Janet/Michael Jackson habit of repeating elements of whatever choreography or signature dance move associated with a certain song. That will definitely be troubling for her career on down the road if she doesn't change it up a bit. And loose the blond weave / lacefront already!

I will say she does try hard with what she has, so I giver credit where credit is due.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5502/04/2013

You're not a fan but you know her back up singers names? OP is so transparent.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5602/04/2013

Why does she keep doing that outdated Tina Turner style of dancing?

by Thank god for depends.reply 5702/04/2013

Best Half Time show ever, and will go down as such.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5802/04/2013

[quote]I'm neither a Beyonce fan nor a Madonna fan, but Madonna's show was lightyears better than Beyonce's. That's just all there is to it.

The critics and the masses disagree. She is getting rave reviews.

She's already a legend. She beloved the world over.

by Thank god for depends.reply 5902/04/2013

"Crazy In Love" is such a badass song and it still is a very powerful show opener for her.

by Thank god for depends.reply 6002/04/2013

>>Inauthentic, Vegas-shake-ass bullshit.

You forgot "cheesy," although I suppose it's implied in "Vegas."

by Thank god for depends.reply 6102/04/2013

no

by Thank god for depends.reply 6202/04/2013

Kelly Rowland popping up from under the stage and looking damn hot was the best part! I'm pretty sure I saw Beyonce doubt herself for a moment when Kelly was near her...

by Thank god for depends.reply 6302/04/2013

RE 60 - Oh yeah, so badass.

Uh oh uh oh uh oh oh oh

by Thank god for depends.reply 6402/04/2013

So her performance at a sport event is more important to her than at a presidential inauguration. Good to know.

by Thank god for depends.reply 6502/04/2013

Do you really think the straight (regardless of race),dumpy, T-shirt wearing, big-bellied, beer swilling guy on the couch cares about anything quality? He saw some scantily clad tits and ass shaking on the screen to a beat and he's happy. Quality doesn't fit into the picture with him. When Bey is gone, she'll be replaced by another mover and shaker, twirling to a beat.

by Thank god for depends.reply 6602/04/2013

ブヨンセshit die

by Thank god for depends.reply 6702/04/2013

The rave reviews are for her performance as representative of her Media Brand and little else. All she had to do was avoid a substantial error. Given how little she sang and moved, that wasn't very difficult. (No, hair flipping, galloping, and shimmying in place are not the same as dancing or moving around on a stage).

Anyone who said she gave all she had during that half-time show was correct and it's nothing to brag about.

by Thank god for depends.reply 6802/04/2013

For sports-loving gay men the half time show was their boner break.

by Thank god for depends.reply 6902/04/2013

Meh. Good? Well, Yeah, and maybe entertaining at least for the moment, true, but it won't go down as one of entertainments hottest moments, ya know? But, yes, great enough for a Sunday night for the half-time show. I won't be rushing out to purchase her music, and I don't care if I see her again or not. But, yeah, we enjoyed seeing this while eating chips and dip.

Did you read the other thread about occult/illuminati imagery present in pop entertainment?

by Thank god for depends.reply 7002/04/2013

I watched it again, DEFINITELY don't understand the positive reviews. She barely sang! Especially for the first few songs. She just pranced around, flipped her hair, and asked the crowd to sing a long to songs hardly anybody knows. And the mumbling! I could not make out most of what she was saying, nevermind singing. To top if off, the stage was in the shape of her profile. If anybody else had done something so vain they'd be raked over the coals for it.

by Thank god for depends.reply 7102/04/2013

She's all wig and wiggle. Hardly an iconic or even memorable performer. She desperately needs a hit song. I guess that is why the hubby is showing up on any and everybody's new records. They are trying to find someone who will write her a song that doesn't fade faster than a Chinese food take-out meal. Goddess knows, she is incapable of writing one.

by Thank god for depends.reply 7202/04/2013

Don't worry , fans. The Super Bowl is being held outdoors in NY-NJ. Those same outfits will be reused in true NYC style, by Liza, Patti, and Elaine Stritch.

by Thank god for depends.reply 7302/04/2013

Moron music for morons.

by Thank god for depends.reply 7402/04/2013

What is up with you joyless fucks?

by Thank god for depends.reply 7502/04/2013

I should have added, Patsy Stone-style,

"Just DIE!!!"

by Thank god for depends.reply 7602/04/2013

The camera was kept off her for most of the time she was 'singing' - and it was still obvious she did not sing live. She's a legend in her own mind.

by Thank god for depends.reply 7702/04/2013

[quote]She's a legend in her own mind.

Wow. Come up with that yourself?

by Thank god for depends.reply 7802/04/2013

They have already announced (privately announced in closed door meeting with the NFL and CBS) that next year will be an all 50's/60's oldies show with Frankie Valli, Little Richard, etc al .....and in 4 years when the Superbowl hits its 50th Anniversary get ready for the Stones, Daltry, Clapton, all star rock and roll and an extented 30 minute show....

by Thank god for depends.reply 7902/04/2013

I thought it was OK but she was definitely lip synching during "Halo". She covers her face with her hair for most of it but when she exposes her mouth you can tell.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8002/04/2013

I loved her voice and the immediate opening but as far as the show itself was concerned, Madonna beat her by miles and miles.

And she sang so, so little. Most of it was her typically ass shaking and neck popping and such.

I don't get the huge worship of this girl but okay, glad people like her. The halftime show was nowhere near as cool as it was last year though. And no, I'm no big Madge fan, but it's hard to beat that entrance and music mash up from last year.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8102/04/2013

Madonna's performance last year was SO MUCH BETTER.

Think about the spectacle of each.

Madonna really did do better.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8202/04/2013

well, at least she didn't fall down. Where was the stripper pole, though!? Really tired of all the stank-ass bootie shaking that goes for choreography these days.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8302/04/2013

Madonna's performance was better as far as gay men are concerned, no straight man is checking for madonna over beyonce. Stop comparing apples to oranges. Beyonce is a beautiful, sexy, hot and vibrant woman. Not even gonna comment on Madonna

by Thank god for depends.reply 8402/04/2013

Madonna's was BETTER?!?!

She pretended to sing while slow walking across the stage and occasionally popped her hip or extended a leg (like post breakdown Britney). Her age really showed on there.

Sh*t she could barely get up on a step

by Thank god for depends.reply 8502/04/2013

You guys must all be old as shit if you all know Madonna's 15+ year old songs and not Beyonce's recent hits.

It's all generational. I'm 19 and when I went back to school, nobody gave a shit about Madonna or her songs. She'd have to die before anyone under 30 gives her a second look.

Beyonce is a sex symbol to all young boys and her songs are known to anyone who's been a pop radio listener anytime in the past 10 years.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8602/04/2013

She sucked.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8702/04/2013

"Beyonce is a sex symbol to all young boys and her songs are known to anyone who's been a pop radio listener anytime in the past 10 years."

Oh please, don't act like Beyonce has so many memorable hits. Hell, Rihanna has more hits than her!

And has anyone commented on Beyonce's crazy eyes? Combined with the head swinging, she look demented during the performance. No other female pop star could behave that way and still receive accolades. She's lucky that she's so inoffensive and milquetoast. I guess that's why the media are generally nice to her.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8802/04/2013

r88 Rihanna has more hits because she has a new album out every year.Not because she's more popular.

by Thank god for depends.reply 8902/04/2013

Beyonce's crazyeyes are part of her brand. I like that she's a bit weirder than she needs to be...the only time I ever found her tolerable was during the Sasha Fierce stuff, but, of course, she released a statement saying that Sasha Fierce was finished not long after she was done promoting that album.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9002/04/2013

Beyonce is in her thirties, by all measurements an old lady in the pop world. Face it 'mos, she failed.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9102/04/2013

This thread is hilarious. Beyonce just gave the best Super Bowl performance in history, which every critic and the majority of viewers say. Keep talking about some old lady that no one cares about anymore. Beyonce is the queen. I accept it, so will you. You will not be able to escape her even after her death. She's iconic. She's on Tina Turner, and Michael Jackson's level as far as the world is concerned. She can do whatever the hell she wants. Her and Jay Z are the richest couple in music today. They're billionaires. She had her frigging kid's name copyrighted. That's how popular she is. BTW, she can also act. She's a triple threat.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9202/04/2013

[quote]The rave reviews are for her performance as representative of her Media Brand and little else. All she had to do was avoid a substantial error. Given how little she sang and moved, that wasn't very difficult. (No, hair flipping, galloping, and shimmying in place are not the same as dancing or moving around on a stage).

Were we watching the same show? She danced her frigging ass off.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9302/04/2013

[quote]but it won't go down as one of entertainments hottest moments

Too late. Already has. Biggest Super Bowl Halftime performance of all-time.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9402/04/2013

"Halo" has to be the most tuneless nothing song in the history of songs.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9502/04/2013

r94, link?

I'd like to know if she beat Madge's record #s last year.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9602/04/2013

Performs for the president multiple times at different events. Hangs out with Barack and Michelle. President refers to her publicly. Can't beat that.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9702/04/2013

Over 7 million followers on Twitter.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9802/04/2013

4 consecutive #1 albums since debut.

by Thank god for depends.reply 9902/04/2013

you mean this?

And guys, she really did sing these lyrics:

"Halo. Haloooh. Halo. Hayyyylo. My halo. Halo. Hayylohh. Halo. Halo. You're. Haloooohhh. Halo. My halo. Halo. Halo. Halooohhh. Hayyyyylowwwww. My halo. Halo. Halo. Haloowwwww. Halo. My halo. Halo. Halooowww. Halo. Myyyy halo. Hayyyy. Low. Halo. Halo."

by Thank god for depends.reply 10002/04/2013

Michelle Obama tweeted “Watching the #SuperBowl with family & friends. @Beyonce was phenomenal! I am so proud of her! -mo"

by Thank god for depends.reply 10102/04/2013

She and her hub hub have lowered the bar for the music biz. They don't deserve to be millionnaires or have any Grammys. Neither does Eminem.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10202/04/2013

That was beautiful r100! I never got the true depth and meaning of those haunting lyrics before. Thank you.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10302/04/2013

I wish they'd get Cher next year, but I guess that would be too gay, even for the SuperBowl.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10402/04/2013

I like Beyonce as a performer. She exudes a lot of joy and power. I like that she's boldly big thighed in this era of celebrity anorexia.

But the music doesn't say or do much at all. And she doesn't say or express much with. I don't get her really.

Still I'll take her over Alicia Keys who, true to her name, takes us on a trip through all the keys when she sings.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10502/05/2013

Neither one of them have good songs, Alicia Keys is a boring performer, at least Bey=Bey has some heat.

by Thank god for depends.reply 10602/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.