Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ray Lewis. Was he a murderer? I lived in Atlanta at the time.

I remember hearing that he and his friends went to an army/navy surplus store and bought these knives that were like bladed brass knuckles. Those were most likely the murder weapon. At the time of the murders, the victims seemed to be portrayed as a couple.

Now, I'm searching for a picture of the murder weapon and there's nothing online. In fact the victims are now being painted as a "Robbing Crew" who fucked with the wrong people and Lewis was in the limo the whole time. I swear, it's only been 13 years but history's been completely rewritten.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

No way, OP; in fact, he was the would-be VICTIM in that incident. Lewis and his crew exited the club and were heading for their limo when they were accosted by at least two thugs who tried to rob them and steal Lewis's jewelry. Two of Lewis's group produced weapons and stabbed their assailants. Thugs died.

Lewis wouldn't turn on the friends who'd saved his life, and later pled guilty to obstruction. He testified in court against his friends, who were acquitted. Lewis settled a civil suit brought by the thugs' families, so he could get his life back.

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

So did these "thugs" have records?

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

He's a fucking piece of trash. All his God nonsense. ICK

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

I read that he was wearing a suit that went missing. Police could not recover it.

Why ditch a suit if you're not guilty of anything...?

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

If you think Ray Lewis is a murderer you're wrong.

People want him to be a murderer because they don't like that he's religious and some just think all black men are thugs. Particularly athletes.

As far as the white suit is concerned you have to remember. Several witnesses testified that when the fight started Ray Lewis ran to the limo in order to avoid the fight. No only did he not stab anyone he didn't even participate in the fight His friends got in the limo after they had the fight with the two dead guys and I assume some blood from the fight got on Ray's suit and Ray had the bright idea to throw the suit away or burn It.

If that's what he did then he was pretty smart to do that. Why the fuck should he possibly go to prison for a crime he didn't commit just because he has blood on his suit.

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

I'm from Baltimore. I watched every second of that trail in Atlanta. When Ray was first arrested I thought he must be guilty because why would the prosecution charge him with capital murder if they knew he was innocent.

Boy was I naive. I watch prosecution witness after witness testify that not only was Ray not involved in the fight but he was trying to play peacemaker and get his boys into the limo before the fight started.

That's when I knew that he was only charged because he was famous and he could get headlines. The justice system in America is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

He was charged with murder along with his two pals. In exchange for testimony against his friends he got probation sentence. He friends were then tried for murder but were not convicted.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!