Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Are military snipers sociopaths?

I think so. Yes, they can be good friends and fathers, but they are picking off people like they were video game targets. We are occupying foreign lands people! Yeah, I hate Bush for starting this mess, but the killing goes on and Obama doesn't seem eager to end the war.

by Anonymousreply 2409/23/2013

Nice try freeper. Obama won deal with it!!

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

PTSD victim on psychopathic ex-sniper violence...now THAT's the reality of America in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

R1 has a double digit IQ. I loathe Bush/Cheney and an Obama or a Clinton or a Kerry would never have instigated this war. I refuse to honor military snipers.

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

[quote]a Clinton or a Kerry would never have instigated this war

If you're talking about Afghanistan, the U.S. did not instigate that war.

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

bUT Obama is continuing Bush's policies

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

I would say, probably.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

Yes, we attacked Afghanistan with some trumped up reason but frankly, we were all fooled by the military industrial complex and they have owned Reagan and every President since then...including Obama, We pretend we live in a democracy, we do not.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

Trumped up? The Taliban ruled Afghanistan. They harbored a terrorist organization which attacked civilian targets in the United States. They refused to surrender the actors. NATO and the Northern Alliance united to fight the Taliban.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

Yes, they are. I'm in the military and I feel that sniper who was just murdered got his just deserts. He liked to focus on saving lives, and he certainly earned his various medals; however, a human being with a conscience could never snuff out the lives of over 150 people and not feel remorse. He was so matter of fact about his former job, it was eerie.

I understand there are times when one must defend the lives of their friends and allies, but to turn and capitalize on your actions? Talk about sick and demented.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

And, of course, the sniper said his conscience was clear with God.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

I would agree that some most likely are, however to say that all snipers are sociopaths is a broad generalization. Many do suffer from PTSD, and they're has been a large increase in PTSD cases from drone operators. I heard an interview on NPR with an operator who eventually requested a transfer bc he could no longer stomach the ease and coldness of using drones to kill people from hundreds of miles away. I feel that may people join the military thinking they will feel honor and pride for serving their country. After the reality of all that violence and death sets in, that pride becomes shame and regret. I do not support the war, but have several family members who serve, including a sniper, and are by no means sociopaths. Surprisingly they all vote democrat and are constantly complaining about the mismanagement of the military and its targets. More soldiers feel this way than you'd think and some do work to bring change from within. I think one of the biggest obstacles is the fact that the President is technically commander in chief and can do exactly what Bush did in Iraq. At the time the Iraq war started all I heard from my family in the service was basically "WTF!? we need to be focused on Afghanistan!"

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

Francis Pegahmagabow MM & Two Bars, (March 9, 1891 – August 5, 1952) was the First Nations soldier most highly decorated for bravery in Canadian military history and the most effective sniper of World War I. Three times awarded the Military Medal and seriously wounded, he was an expert marksman and scout, credited with killing 378 Germans and capturing 300 more.[2] Later in life, he served as chief and a councilor for the Wasauksing First Nation, and as an activist and leader in several First Nations organizations. He corresponded with and met other noted aboriginal figures including Fred Loft, Jules Sioui, Andrew Paull and John Tootoosis.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

Yes, of course. A professional sniper who touts his experience as a record-breaking killer decides that the best cure for traumatic war experience is to have the fucked-up guy go shoot a gun.

Well, BANG BANG, asshole. RIP, of course, but isn't there something in your bible about what happens to those who live by the sword?

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

I know it seems weird to some, r13, but many of these men have had long association with firearms and shooting that predated their military experience so, as counter-intuitive as it may seem, getting them back to something they once enjoyed is part of the therapy.

Anyway, the murderer's mom thought it was a good idea, and remember, there is still a lot we don't know.

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

The shooter of the sniper will be charged with capital murder, but if he has a PTSD diagnosis, I bet he gets off.

I know why so many of our soldiers have PTSD ...drum roll...they know it's wrong to kill people and that's what they're doing, under occupied conditions. The military continues to pump money into mental health for vets when they should just cease killing in aggressive wars.

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

. . . and the Republicans wouldn't fund the army enough to provide treatment for soldiers with PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 1602/03/2013

Gayface for days.

by Anonymousreply 1702/03/2013

Wow, I served as a sniper for ten years, never thought I would come home and read this stuff about me. I joind after 9/11, you remember? When two planes hit the twin towers? It was about 9 months after that I made it too basic training finally. I guess you guys never thought when those planes hit "I need to stand up, they killed my people". I was young, angry and ready to talk to the Group of people who did this (face to face). Oh well, I guess I'm branded a killer. Teach your kids war is a bad thing, that's what I do. Wow, God bless America.

by Anonymousreply 1809/23/2013

R18 naive useful idiot

thank god there is never a short supply of these so i don't have to get crippled in a war on terror...i mean falling profits

hehehe

by Anonymousreply 1909/23/2013

R18 you were young,angry ...and stupid.perfect victim

hehehe muahahaha

i literally LOL

ahahaha

by Anonymousreply 2009/23/2013

Christ, who's bumping this idiotic bullshit? Snipers aren't "sociopaths." There's a difference between emotionally distancing yourself from your job -- a task soldiers share with doctors, nurses, police officers, or anyone who encounters violence, injury and death on a daily basis -- and being a DSM-V nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 2109/23/2013

It will continue. Domestically.

by Anonymousreply 2209/23/2013

I don't know who is more shameful R18 for pretending to be Brandon Del Fiorentino (you might at least try to spell his last name correctly)

OR R19 R20 for his/her infantile reply.

by Anonymousreply 2309/23/2013

The sniper's mission and duty is to kill strangers on the orders of someone else. Oh, they get PTSD? Boo-hoo. Stop killing people, no more PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 2409/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.