Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What Supernatural Cartoon should I watch?

Paranorman, Frankenweenie, or Hotel Trans?

All three came out at about the same time. Why is that?

I know Paranormal stars Casey Affleck as the hot jock but is it good besides that? Frankenweenie looks boring and black and white. Hotel Tranysvania reunites Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg of That's My Boy fame so it has that going for it. I could only rent one at Redbox. Please help!

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013

Casey Affleck appears almost nude, running out of the shower in only a skimpy towel that almost drops.

by Anonymousreply 102/03/2013

Hotel Transylvania sucks. Don't waste your time.

Frankenweenie is the best of the three, if only for Martin Short and Catherine O'Hara.

[If you really want to watch a "supernatural" cartoon, catch up on "Adventure Time": post-apocalyptic, acid-trip inspired, with occult and Aleister Crowley references.]

by Anonymousreply 202/03/2013

What the hell is Adventure Time?

by Anonymousreply 302/03/2013

[quote]Frankenweenie is the best of the three, if only for Martin Short and Catherine O'Hara.

That's damning with faint praise. Can't stand Martin Short. Couldn't even watch The Hobbit because of him.

by Anonymousreply 402/03/2013

Frankenweenie will probably win the Oscar for Animated Feature so they can toss a statuette to Tim Burton for services rendered.

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

That can't be, R5. A Pixar picture ALWAYS wins.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

I would want to see this if it were a yaoi version of "Supernatural."

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

From all three (which I found all entertaining) I enjoyed Paranorman the most (and not just because one of the main characters turns out to be gay). Frankenweeni is campy Tim Burton animation style fun and Hotel Transylvania is just, well, typical Hollywood fluff popcorn entertainment (featuring the voices of Fran Drescher and Steve Buscemi).

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

You could, R7.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

Paranorman, definitely.

I tried to really like Frankenweenie. It's certainly the best looking of the three (though I do actually think it would have been more visually appealing in color), but I just found it dull. Haven't see Hotel Trans.

[quote]What the hell is Adventure Time?

Not a movie but YES. Adventure Time is the best show on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

[quote]That can't be, [R5]. A Pixar picture ALWAYS wins.

Untrue. Shrek one the first one over "Monsters, Inc," and "Happy Feet" won over "Cars."

I say ParaNorman.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

That's because Monster's Ink and Cars sucked ass. I don't even consider them canon. But Brave is going to win. ParaNorman isn't even nomated.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

[quote]ParaNorman isn't even nomated.

Yes it is. Frankenweenie, Brave, ParaNorman, Pirates! Band of Misfits, and Wreck-It-Ralph are the nominees.

by Anonymousreply 1302/03/2013

ParaNorman wasn't nomated for a Golden Globe!

by Anonymousreply 1402/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.