Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brendan Fraser

So hot in "Gods and Monsters" and "George In The Jungle".

How could an A-list star let himself go like this?

by Anonymousreply 7502/04/2013

I remember when I was a kid and my family rented SCHOOL TIES. My grandmother made a comment that Fraser looked like a young Rodney Dangerfield. I didn't see the resemblance then, but he is looking like him lately.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

Wow. I know we all get older. But wow.

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

He was A-list?

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

What happened??

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

It could be worse.

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

HOLY SHIT he looks terrible.

Fraser has aged, like everyone else, but there's no excusing that photo. That looks like a congenital defect that took forty years to catch up to him.

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

BF was hitting his stride when Brad Pitt showed up to the party. His career traveled south after that.

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

Brendan (or his agent) also picked a lot of shitty projects for him to star in...

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

He got older. Older, heavier and balder, unfortunately for him.

He showed promise as an actor. But then he started doing those stupid action and comedy movies and does nothing but trash now.

He was married to a big-breasted (fake, no doubt) blonde and they had three kids, but I remember hearing a lot of gay rumors about him. His fans at the time (he'd just done George of the Jungle and was considered a wholesome type) would have none of that; "Brendan gay! Of course not! He's MARRIED!" They're divorced now.

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

I remember he had fallen off the radar by the mid-'90s and was doing independent projects, one of them was GODS AND MONSTERS. His character was originally supposed to go full frontal toward the end of the movie where Whale convinces him to disrobe so that he could sketch him. But around the time of filming, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE opened and was a big hit and Fraser suddenly got cold feet. Director Bill Condon said that it was decided to cut out the nude scene and just shoot him from the waist up because he didn't want the audience to focus on Fraser's genitals during a pivotal moment in the movie. Since Fraser was back in the limelight, he surmised the focus would be more on the actor's penis than the moment in the scene.

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2013

Wow. He was so hoooottt in George of the Jungle and The smokin'

It's the weight, hair everything.

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

I found the 1998 article from IMDb:

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

I fell for him when I saw him in School Ties. Matt Damon played a spoiled little shit. He was good as the slimey guy. Brendan was the good guy. Jewish football scholarship at an Ivy league prep school for WASPs. Ben Affleck was barely an extra in the movie. I think he had two lines. It was early in their careers and they were very young. It was a good movie. Well done, about Anti-Semitism.

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

It's not the balding. He's got a face that can handle balding. It's the weight. If he worked out and got back in shape, he'd still be hot. It'd be daddy hot, as opposed to model hot, but hot nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

Interesting timing. "The Mummy" is starting in five minutes on TNT.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

Hey gaylings....this is you in 20 ha ha ha! !! HISSSSSS.....

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

Too bad it's you now, dear/R16.

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

Not everybody ages well. Not everybody wants to meet the challenges of maintaining a great body and all that goes facially with staying hot as they age. Not everybody can.

But, OP, I hope when you were or when you will be in your mid 40s you look half as appealing as Brendan Fraser does now.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

He's not gay. A guy I worked with a few years ago went to school wirh BF; BF is straight and has a quirky odd sense of humour in real life, but also really nice.

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

I always liked him, but dayamn he's aged terribly!

He ought to gracefully make the transition to character actor, those leading-man looks aren't coming back and he has shitty taste in scripts. He does have talent and he is well-liked, so he could keep working forever if he wanted. He could be the male Shelley Winters!

by Anonymousreply 2002/03/2013

Gods and Monsters is a GREAT movie.

by Anonymousreply 2102/03/2013

I'd still do him, he's cute and I bet he still looks hot naked, in a doughboy kind of way. I've always imagined he has a nice package too, not a huge dick, a slight curve to it but very large balls. And he squirts his cum far. I'd lap it all up off his slightly chubby smooth belly.

by Anonymousreply 2202/03/2013

But not everybody is a film star for whom staying in shape is worth millions, you moron aka r18..enough with the false equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 2302/03/2013

He was never really hot. He just buffed up for one role, then got off the roids.

by Anonymousreply 2402/03/2013

He's got the Jani Lane/tadpole face going on. I don't think hair would help too much.

by Anonymousreply 2502/03/2013

Damn it, you destroyed my memory of him forever. He was so hot in a not egotistical way.

by Anonymousreply 2602/03/2013

First off, that's a freaking pose. If it was straight on like the second one he is probably not that bad. Secondly, if he lost a little weight and fixed the hair he would still be hot.

Honestly, even with the weight he would still be a nice looking older man, but that pose is edging on Corky style.

by Anonymousreply 2702/03/2013

The Mummy not only has young Brendan Fraser, it also has Oded Fehr in his prime.

by Anonymousreply 2802/03/2013

I also like him in Bedazzled with Elisabeth Hurley.

He played gay in Fallen Angel - The Professional Man with Peter Coyote where he plays a hitman working for a gay paranoid mobster who orders him to kill the mobster's boytoy or crush.

by Anonymousreply 2902/03/2013

His big mistake was going from wearing a handsome toupee to badly-done (or at least unsuccessful) plugs. He was balding from an early age and was wearing really nicely done hairpieces in all his successful films. He had a fringe of his real hair which he was able to brush back into his toupee for an extra natural look in movies like the Mummy. This was known by insiders, but not by the general public. Then for some reason he allowed himself to be caught by the papps when he wasn't wearing his hairpiece (the second picture posted). That spoiled his leading man heartthrob image, and his career went slowly downhill from there. Perhaps as a result, he decided to take his hairpiece off and go for a transplant, with unsatisfactory results you can see.

by Anonymousreply 3002/03/2013

Those movies OP cites have to be 20 years old. Who doesn't look worse than they did 20 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 3102/03/2013

He looked pretty decent in Inkheart and Journey to the Center of Earth.

by Anonymousreply 3202/03/2013

Poor guy kinda looks like he has Downs Sindrome

by Anonymousreply 3302/03/2013

He looks like every normal 40ish guy in the US. Damn, people.

He's still cute and if he just shaved his head and toned up a bit, he'd still be hot. It's those damned bedroom eyes and that smile.

by Anonymousreply 3402/03/2013

I think if he lost 30 pounds, got a tan and some kind of hair weave, he would be back in fighting shape.

In Hollywood, they can make that happen in 2 days.

by Anonymousreply 3502/03/2013

Yeah he could definitely do a rehab on the looks. Six months of working out and going back to a decent hairpiece. The hair thing would take about ten years off right there.

by Anonymousreply 3602/03/2013

He is Canadian

by Anonymousreply 3702/03/2013

He's 44. So what if he gained a few pounds? Guess what? 99% of all humans DO gain weight after 40.

I am proud of Brendan for not destroying his health with ridiculous diets and procedures in order to look artificially young. Clearly he is a well-balanced man who knows that one's weight does not define him. He can now turn to character actor roles and there are loads of those. You can only be an action hero, a football player or a ballet dancer for so long, then you need to move on.

I am very sad to see that so many DL readers don't give a shit about a man's character and only judge a man by his weight. Fools. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 3802/03/2013

R38= Brandon Fraser

by Anonymousreply 3902/03/2013

He is Canadian

by Anonymousreply 4002/03/2013

He was so gorgeous playing a gay man in "Twilight of the Golds"

by Anonymousreply 4102/03/2013

"Those movies OP cites have to be 20 years old. Who doesn't look worse than they did 20 years ago?"

Tom Cruise!

by Anonymousreply 4202/03/2013

Did you know that Ton Cruise is part Canadian as well?

by Anonymousreply 4302/03/2013

Back when he was constantly asked if he was gay, Brendan Fraser said something like “Me gay? No, but I’m flattered to be thought so.”

That was in the mid-90′s.

I still think that's the best response to that question EVER.

by Anonymousreply 4402/03/2013

When the fuck will that cure for baldness be ready?

Fucking lizards can grow back tails and limbs, for fuck's sake.

Brendan needs help NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 4502/03/2013

[quote]Not everybody ages well. Not everybody wants to meet the challenges of maintaining a great body and all that goes facially with staying hot as they age. Not everybody can.

Let me take a wild guess here: You did.

Because you look 10 -- or is it 20 now? -- years younger?

[rolling eyes]

by Anonymousreply 4602/03/2013

Brendan and Nathan Fillion need to form a Canadian Fitness Club and lose thirty pounds together!

by Anonymousreply 4702/03/2013

Agree, r47, as long as they work out together and keep live video streaming.

by Anonymousreply 4802/03/2013

Most men really don't age well. They think they don't have to work at it because they think they look good no matter what. He looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 4902/03/2013

Wow, so many things went wrong. It's not just that he lost his hair and got fatter but also his facial features look weirder now--all smooshed together.

by Anonymousreply 5002/03/2013

r45, that's not Brendan Fraser.

by Anonymousreply 5102/03/2013

I used to jerk off thinking about his feet in George of the Jungle. Now, I feel embarrassed to even that on an anonymous gay gossip board.

by Anonymousreply 5202/03/2013

Knew him at Cornish. He definitely had a girlfriend at the time, and it was serious, initials ET. He's at least bisexual, if not full-on straight.

by Anonymousreply 5302/03/2013

I know a gay guy who has directed BF in some plays in LA. My friend was madly in love with him, and grew quite close to him, but swears he's not gay.

by Anonymousreply 5402/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 5602/03/2013

Even if that were true, R55 (and I don't think it is,) Fraser isn't Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 5702/03/2013

RE 57- Sorry to hear it's happened to you. Step 1 is not being in denial - so you've gained weight, and lost your hair. As my Bubbe used to say 'At least you've you've got your health darlink'.

by Anonymousreply 5802/03/2013

R31 that is true. But most actors who make their living on their looks try to maintain those looks so as to retain their earning power. I doubt Brendan will see another 8 digit payday.

by Anonymousreply 5902/03/2013

He was even hot in more recent movies like "Journey to the center of the earth"...

Holy crap, he went downhill FAST.

by Anonymousreply 6002/03/2013

R51 needs cataract surgery.

by Anonymousreply 6102/03/2013

So how does a guy go from working out to totally stopping? isn't it usually the other way around?

by Anonymousreply 6202/03/2013

You ain't from around here, are you, r62?

by Anonymousreply 6302/03/2013

He was called a FOD (which means gay) in this long list of stars, which was once on gawker. Page 6 part 8 middle

by Anonymousreply 6402/03/2013

R48 that is the "List" from alt.gossip.celebrities and/or alt.showbiz.gossip from the 90s

by Anonymousreply 6502/03/2013

[quote]I doubt Brendan will see another 8 digit payday.

How many 8 digit paychecks do you money-grubbing assholes require?

by Anonymousreply 6602/03/2013

He could play middle-aged quirky Anglican clergymen with those looks R20.

by Anonymousreply 6702/03/2013

I wonder if movie-magic and makeup could make him look good again... along with six months in the gym.

by Anonymousreply 6802/04/2013

The first thing he needs to do is cut his hair very very short. Balding men with long hair that's incredibly patchy look like shit (as his pictures demonstrate)--if you're dramatically balding, you have to face up to it and shave your head or at least keep your hair incredibly short. (Bruce Willis had the right idea.)

Second, he's got to hit the gym and eat less.

If he were a private citizen, I'd say he can look however he wants to look. But if he wants to remain a celebrity actor, he'd better take better care of himself.

by Anonymousreply 6902/04/2013

R55, I do realize that your frame of reference (like your intelligence) is extremely limited, but have you considered Paul Newman or Gregory Peck?

by Anonymousreply 7002/04/2013

My mommy says, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 7102/04/2013

[quote]My mommy says, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Yeah? Yeah? Well, your mom is a CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 7202/04/2013

The Passion of Darkly Noon

by Anonymousreply 7302/04/2013

R71 If you can't say anything nice, sit next to me.

by Anonymousreply 7402/04/2013

[quote] I've always imagined he has a nice package too, not a huge dick, a slight curve to it but very large balls. And he squirts his cum far.

People who go this far in constructing fantasies about celebrity are...just creepy.

by Anonymousreply 7502/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!