Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

WATCH: 'In Living Color' Star On LGBT Shame In Black Community

Is she gay?

Fox primetime legend Kim Coles from "In Living Color" and "Living Single" came on HuffPost Live Thursday to discuss her new one-woman show, "Oh But Wait, There's More," and other issues brought to her by fans via Twitter and the HuffPost Live comment board.

In response to a tweet asking about her feelings on how important it is for African Americans to break stereotypes in the LGBT community, Coles told HuffPost Live host Marc Lamont-Hill, "Of course I do think it's important for African-Americans to break stereotypes in the gay community. I think there's a lot of shame around being gay in our community and I think the more we talk about it and the more we embrace our brothers and sisters and our cousins and our friends and our pastors ... it's sad that your community thinks that you're not a man if you're not living this way."

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

I place the blame squarely on the churches.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

Is Snoop a churchie R1?

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

weren't all those girls on 'living single' gay? i mean you had latifah, that chick max?

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

this is an elderlez thread.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

elderlez? when did i sprout a gray-haired pussy? tell me?

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

I thought your pussy was born that way, Mrs. Slocombe.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

bitch, please. can we please get back on topic. pretty please bitch. i do believe kim is gay friendly as well as the other ladies that were on that show. and i'm particularly glad she's speaking out on behalf of us gays unlike latifah, who could probably have more pull.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

Oh, I used to love Living Single! Kim Coles was great as the lovable ditz. I would be curious to know if she was gay or just gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

That was a great show. Loved the theme song too.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

I never thought until this thread that Kim Coles might be gay or bi, but I still doubt it. She was married for about ten years I think. She has aged really well, she and TC Carson were ten years older than most of the Living Single cast.

I wonder if Kim Fields is a friend to the gays. She is very vocal about her belief in God now, but I dont see how she could have worked with Queen Latifah and TC Carson for that long if she wasn't supportive.

The episode of Living Single were Max's college friend comes out as a lesbian to her is the first time I recall a lesbian storyline in a black show. Living Single covered a lot of ground, it still is really fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

Kim Coles is amazing whatever her sexuality.

She took that role as Dr. Mary on Frasier and made it so lovable and smart and funny you realize she could have carried a strong ensemble series on a major network.

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

Wanda Sykes was married to a guy too for many years.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.