Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why did John Wayne Gayce (the clown killer) do the things he did?

I read a bit of history on this guy and I think it has to do with his horrible childhood and abusive father.

by Anonymousreply 3902/05/2013

I forget the name of the movie on him,but it was creepy as hell

He would just sneak up behind house guests and wack 'em with a hammer.

He was one sick fuck. IMO, worse than Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

People with sexual problems (in his case, a self-loathing homosexual) will try to hide their shame. In his case that meant in his basement, under dirt, after 'wrestling' or other acts of a sexual nature.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

He did it all because you couldn't spell his name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 502/03/2013

My theory is that serial killers are psychopths who had terribly abusive childhoods.

by Anonymousreply 602/03/2013

R3, if you are thinking of the movie with Brian Dennehy it is "To Catch A Killer" from 1992. Seems to me there was a more recent movie about Gacy.

by Anonymousreply 702/03/2013

r6, if only psychology was as pat as TV crime shows would have you believe.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

r8, I am by no means an expert, but I have been fascinated by serial killers for several decades. I went through a long period where I read every book I could find on the topic.

Not all psychopaths are murders. There is something about serial killers that propels them to stalk and kill.

I do believe that psychopathy is something a person is born with.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

r9 = r6.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

There was no hammer involved (as I recall).

They were young guys that he brought home (some 'professionals') and at some point he convinced them to let him show them a trick. Unfortunately the trick was on them because after he demonstrated the trick handcuffs on himself and put them on them, they never got out alive. Actually I believe one of them did and wrote a book about it.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

It was a rope trick he used. He demonstrated it on TV

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

It seems like a lot had overbearing mothers who were very religious and drunk and/or absent fathers.

Home schooled too.

Killers in general I mean.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2013

The movie was just called "Gacy" and the fat guy from "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" played Gacy. I remember the handcuff "trick", he locked the guy up and then said the trick was that you needed the key to get out, he then flashed the key at the kid and laughed evilly. What a fucking creep. There was also that kid that went to see him after writing him for some kind of college project. He claims Gacy tried to rape him while he was visiting. he killed himself a few years ago. When you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you. Hanging out with and picking the minds of freaks like Gacy can't be good for your psyche.

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2013

R14, he was also the adult Stillwell Angel in A League Of Their Own.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2013

He did those things because he was fucked in the head.

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2013

I think he was sad and just had a couple of bad days, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2102/05/2013

Or some bad hair days.

by Anonymousreply 2202/05/2013

No R20, his dad was abusive and he was molested. Don't blame it on the fraus.

by Anonymousreply 2302/05/2013

Is it pronounced Gayce the same way Versace is pronounced Versayce?

by Anonymousreply 2502/05/2013

Wow, there sure are a lot of serial killers around in the world, most are straight.

by Anonymousreply 2702/05/2013

You've been flagged

by Anonymousreply 3002/05/2013

An expert criminologist who studied serial killers, said in every major city in the country, there are usually all-ways around 5 to 10 serial killers in.

by Anonymousreply 3202/05/2013

Very relaxing, r32.

by Anonymousreply 3302/05/2013

If he was he'd have been found guilty by not reason of insanity. He was declared sane so that wasn't the reason.

Please do not waste bandwidth by stating facts which are clearly inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 3402/05/2013

The Model Penal Code states:

[A] person is not responsible for criminal conduct if at the time of such conduct as a result of mental disease or defect he lacks substantial capacity either to appreciate the criminality of his conduct or to conform his conduct to the requirements of the law.

-- Illinois uses a standard that conforms closely to that wording.

It is quite possible that someone can appreciate the criminality of his actions and be nutso. One piece of evidence against Gacy would be his concealing of bodies of his victims. Nobody who has that hobby is playing with a full deck.

Gacy showed that he could conform his behavior to the law, except for serial killing: he was a contractor, a job that requires all kinds of compliance to regulations.

The standard for insanity is much higher than merely having severe mental problems, and juries don't like the sanity defense anyway. They often think the defendant will walk if they go along with it, which does not happen.

The fact that the judge rejected a plea and the jury a verdict of insanity doesn't imply that Gacy, to use the legal term of art, wasn't "Fucked in the head."

by Anonymousreply 3502/05/2013

Boys need dads, whether it's Mom and Dad or My Two Dads or My Two Moms' Special man friend.

So I'm guessing it was abuse from fraus, obviously.

1. Probably had a mom frau who prevented him from having a suitable dad.

2. Probably had some wife fraus like Mommy.

by Anonymousreply 3602/05/2013

Cant shit, clown scare me

by Anonymousreply 3702/05/2013

As an example, Jeffrey Dahmer was found sane by doctors and a jury, but he was a nuts as they come.

by Anonymousreply 3802/05/2013

When you name your kid "John Wayne," you're basically cursing them for life.

by Anonymousreply 3902/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!