Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

It's and its

You don't confuse me, but you'd never know it when I type.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

Your poll statement is poorly constructed, therefore I will not participate.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

Its really good of you to say so.

Or it it's?

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

I used to think people of my grandparents' era were the ones to make mistakes like that, but if I see it here, 10 to 1 it's someone under the age of 35. They regularly fuck up its and it's, their, there and they're, here and hear and to and too. I'm not sure who is to blame, but I should think all three, parents, teachers and students share the blame. I am in my late 50s and would be willing to bet that most people my age and older learned or should have learned all the differences noted above by the time they entered junior high school at the latest. I would also be willing to bet that those who attended Catholic parochial schools learned it or would face dire consequences from hatchet-faced nuns. Nuns have or rather had a reputation for being great sticklers for correct spelling and grammar.

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

The iPad is a nuisance because it always auto corrects its *(force no apostrophe)* to it's,

It's it's it's it's it's driving me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

R4, can't the auto-correct function be disabled?

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

Tell it to all those discrete guys out there!

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

The auto correct can be disabled, however, then it won't be helpful the 80% of the time I like to have it. It's the nature of the beast.

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

I think the majority of voters are saying they fuck up it's and its all the time, but they are in therapy for it OP.

by Anonymousreply 802/03/2013

That one never gets me, but your/you're does.

And, yes I know the difference.

by Anonymousreply 902/03/2013

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! The possessive one doesn't have the apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 1002/03/2013

I think most people know the difference but it's just when you're typing on the internet, your thoughts run quickly.

I don't begrudge anyone who types "its" instead of "it's," or "you're" instead of "your." I treated it as a simple typo. We've all done it. I certainly have. Sometimes I skip words.

Not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

[quote]We've all done it. I certainly have.

I haven't.

by Anonymousreply 1202/03/2013

It's its own sort of issue...

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!