Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

High School 'Coach Of The Year' Rants Against Michelle Obama, Queers

High School 'Coach Of The Year' Rants Against Michelle Obama, Queers

BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF; PUBLISHED: FEBRUARY 02, 2013

Bob Grisham, the head football coach at Lauderdale County High School in Alabama, doesn't care much for First Lady Michelle Obama or queers.

Audio of Grisham expressing his distaste for queers and calling Obama “fat butt Michelle Obama” was released on the Internet earlier this week.

In the audio, Grisham is heard blaming Obama for the school's 600-calorie lunches.

“Fat butt Michelle Obama,” Grisham told his students.

“Look at her. She looks like she weighs 185 or 190. She's overweight.”

Another voice is heard calling the first lady a “big fat gorilla.”

“Our country is going in the wrong direction, you'd better be aware of it. And people running around like, oh it'll get better, it'll get better. No, it ain't gone get no better until things change.”

Grisham also prodded the students to “call the superintendent and tell her” that “I don't like queers.”

“I don't hate them as a person but what they do is wrong, it's an abomination against God,” he said. “I don't like being around queers.”

Grisham told the Times Daily that he “misspoke in a debate-type situation.”

“I have no hatred toward anyone or any group. People that know my heart, they know that.”

Superintendent Jennifer Gray confirmed that district officials are investigating the incident.

“Before we do anything, we'll investigate this thoroughly and gather information from other people,” she said. “Whatever we do in response to this situation will be dictated by board policy.”

Grisham, who also teaches psychology and driver's ed, recently was named “Coach of the Year” by the Times Daily.

by Anonymousreply 4002/05/2013

Yes, and here is the audio...just so everybody gets the full effect.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

[quote]Superintendent Jennifer Gray confirmed that district officials are investigating the incident.

I wondered where she had finally ended up!

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

It's Alabama, Jake.

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

White Southern culture.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

This guy probably passes for enlightened.

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

Phony "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" apology that someone wrote for him and made him release in order to keep his job in 5... 4... 3...

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

Anyone have a link to where we can call or write the school?

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

He teaches PSYCHOLOGY ?

He should be in a psychiatric institution getting treatment for his hatred.

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

I can't wait for these bigoted dinosaurs to be phased out. The next generations coming up don't have this kind of searing, irrational hatred for people. Tired of the Good Ole' Boys holding this country back. I don't wish death on anyone but let's just say I won't be said when these Earls, Bobby Joes and Darryls are extinct....

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

[quote]Anyone have a link to where we can call or write the school?

Lauderdale County Schools

PO Box 278 355 Co. Rd. 61 Florence, AL 35631

Phone: 256-760-1300 Fax: 256-766-5815

Hours 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

R10,

Regarding hateful comments.....

Kettle, meet pot.

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

[quote]"I have no hatred toward anyone or any group. People that know my heart, they know that."

Please. These assholes are all the same. They casually make hateful comments, and then when called up on it, they'll protest that they're just misunderstood and full of love. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

Grisham told the Times Daily that he “misspoke in a debate-type situation.”

“I have no hatred toward anyone or any group. People that know my heart, they know that.”

Like we don't know He only said this to protect his job

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

[quote]People that know my heart, they know that.

I can't get past the misuse of grammar from a teacher. "People who know my heart," dear.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

I have a feeling that if there were a god the offense of an abomination would coming from this sort of arrogant, ignorant, harmful hate speech from the mouth of an educational and community leader and mentor, rather than from my enjoying physical pleasure with a man.

I hope he loses his job. A personal opinion is one thing. Public hate speech is another. And accepting the gorilla comment is hideously inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

It's one thing to rant like this in the privacy of your double wide trailer. It's quite another to take your hate speech and indoctrinate teenage minds with it. This man should be tarred and feathered.

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

Double-negative. What's to investigate? Fire them!

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

The public hate speech should get him canned. He's an influence on kids, especially the popular football crowd.

When I was in high school, the football coach was akin to a god or parent to the team members. He's probably helped create or prolong a hateful and unsafe environment for many people at the school.

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

How is this allowed?

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

He teaches psychology.

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

You don't like being around queers, huh buddy? I think the perfect protest to this would be in each class he teaches, any gay students stand up and say, "Because you do not like being around queers, we are leaving your class." and walk out in protest.

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

Yeah, it's Alabama.

This pig probably still fucks his sister.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

OMGG! Think of the children! That is awful, polluting young minds with his perverted talk. Sick shit.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

He looks exactly like I expected him to look.

by Anonymousreply 2502/02/2013

R20, see R3.

by Anonymousreply 2602/02/2013

The South loves to disparage California as the land of fruits and nuts. And that is probably the kindest way they ever express it.

In a similar vein, it's totally believable that this guy represents one of the most articulate and tolerant guys in Alabama. That's probably why he was celebrated as Coach of the Year.

You're on the dirt road to civilization, Alabama. Keep it going. Just a few more hundred years.

by Anonymousreply 2702/02/2013

When are these guys going to learn that the more "straight" guys rant about queers, especially those who go overboard, the more people think "closet case." A truly straight guy doesn't get this upset. And a coach who is around young boys all the time and sees them naked, well, babe, we know your heart - and it's leaning toward the queer side.

by Anonymousreply 2802/02/2013

Birmingham is rather charming.

by Anonymousreply 2902/02/2013

He meant what he said in the sweetest, most kind, possible way. Colloquial alabamian is quite often misunderstood because of some of the words being so close to Anglish.

by Anonymousreply 3002/02/2013

Rant Against Michelle Obama, Gays Gets High School Coach Bob Grisham Suspended

BY ON TOP MAGAZINE STAFF; PUBLISHED: FEBRUARY 05, 2013

[quote]The Lauderdale County Board on Monday suspended Grisham for 10 days without pay and ordered him to attend sensitivity classes. He will also no longer teach a psychology class, local media reported.

by Anonymousreply 3102/05/2013

while i don't find any of the attitudes expressed by grisham remotely surprising, what i do find puzzling is this: why are angry right wingers always talking about how 'fat' michelle obama is? it is a prominent talking point on all sorts of right wing blogs, but it is so patently and obviously false, that its staying power is stunning.

by Anonymousreply 3202/05/2013

Next step: bitch will be whining about how the Politcally Correct crowd ganged up on him and destroyed his "career."

by Anonymousreply 3302/05/2013

[quote]why are angry right wingers always talking about how 'fat' michelle obama is? it is a prominent talking point on all sorts of right wing blogs

asked and answered

by Anonymousreply 3402/05/2013

r33 is right, he'll be painted as a victim of the "hateful liberals."

Bob Grisham represents a new type of victimhood, the victim who punches first and then proclaims martyrdom when punched back. It's a sure-fire way to always get sympathy.

He'll probably be promoted. It's Alabama we're talking about. He probably owns a bunch of guns and says the word Nigger daily.

by Anonymousreply 3502/05/2013

i wish his career were ruined, r33, but he is only getting a 10-day suspension out of it. sadly, this whole ugly incident will only increase his profile and status in alabama. he is now at the unique nexus of football glory and martyrdom at the hands of the liberal media and pc police. there is probably no more exalted a place to be in all of alabama.

by Anonymousreply 3602/05/2013

This is so typical of Alabama. My ex went to graduate school there and he said it was one of the most racist places he's experienced (he's black). One girl in his graduate program actually still thought the sun revolved around the earth.

by Anonymousreply 3702/05/2013

I don't understand how any teacher who, besides obviously being a bigot, can remain at his job when he said that shit to students.

by Anonymousreply 3802/05/2013

Because he's a football coach in Alabama, r38. He just happened to be saying what football coaches in Alabama have been saying since the year one, he finally just got it on record.

And when the "PC liberals" who hate "free speech" come after him, he'll be elevated to God-like status.

by Anonymousreply 3902/05/2013

[quote]He teaches PSYCHOLOGY ?

Of course. His craziness attracted him to that discipline.

Just like his intense craving for a black cock up his hole led him to outbursts about gays and the black First Lady. He wishes he had a big, curvy derriere to offer up to a black man in power.

by Anonymousreply 4002/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.