Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's This Obama Skeet Shooting Controversy?

Well? What gives?

by Anonymousreply 3602/04/2013

Your late to the party...the WH has already posted a pix of Obama skeet shooting on Twitter and Flicker this morning.

It's officially over...WH already making fun of skeet birthers after posting the photo on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

r1, what were they saying to begin with though?

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

Jessica Yellin and Erin Burnett of CNN were "skeptical" and demanded to know if he was being truthful. This from the network who things Ted Nugent has an impressive grasp of facts about guns.

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

Obama may well skeet shoot at Camp David. But as political moment I would have advised against this photo opp. It smacks of pandering and it certainly runs the risk of being scene as disingenuous, to the right, and distasteful, to the left.

Moreover, there was no need.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

Again, what were they trying to say to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

Why? Because, if Barack Obama said that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, Rethuglicans would howl in protest, demand proof, and hold hearings in the House of Representatives where the full extent of their outrage would be on display for all to see.

The instant (non)controversy: Someone said the President has engaged in skeet shooting. Immediately that was questioned and doubted. Thus, the release of the photo.

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

What's the controversy?

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

The controversy stems from comments Obama made in The New Republic. He told the reporter that he skeets shoots at Camp David with friends and relatives. The media and some Repubs were skeptical of his story. They never heard him talk about skeet shooting nor seen pixs of him shooting a gun. Then the skeet birthers began to emerge questioning Obama (per usual).Thus, the release of the photo today.

This country is so fucking sad...SMH!

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

Oh, by the way...we didn't know Obama could sing either before his campaign stop in NYC last year...There is probably a lot of shit we DON'T KNOW about Obama.

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

It is another instance of hypocritical, bullshit, manufactured outrage from the Right.

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2013

Skeet? What a pussy. Real men shoot people!

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

Why did the WH respond to these morons?

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

Not to change the subject, but why is there smoke coming out of the top of the barrel in that photo? I understand it coming out the end, but is there a hole I'm not aware of on a shotgun?

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

It keeps getting better, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

yes

by Anonymousreply 1502/03/2013

If you go shooting and don't shoot your friend in the face, you're a pussy!!!

by Anonymousreply 1602/03/2013

Does he need a license to skeet shoot?

by Anonymousreply 1702/03/2013

Love Obsma. Hate the photo. I think it's totally staged. And if it's not staged, it seems staged which is all the matters.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2013

Ni**er can't catch a break:

[quote] A top official with the National Skeet Shooting Association said the photo suggests Obama is a novice shooter. "This isn't something he's done very often because of how he's standing, how he has the gun mounted," said Michael Hampton, executive director of the San Antonio-based association.

by Anonymousreply 1902/03/2013

OP: A N*gger got elected in 2008 and from the moment he did, the right created a cottage industry of hate for anything and everything he does - this is not an exaggeration. They are a party comprised of idiots who think like hormonal 13 year old girls who bitch about nonsense.

I have to agree with the person who said he and (I assume) his advisers who thought to give into the that party of children. Obama will never get those shitheads on his side no matter what he does, so fuck them.

I recommend you watch Jon Stewart reading a "Cat in the Hat"-esque take on this skeet nonsense. It pretty much summarizes the right.

by Anonymousreply 2002/03/2013

She has clearly never shot before in her life. (1) posture incorrect (2) she would have had bruised cheeks (3) if that was her that gun was ported all to hell so only a one armed midget would want to use it.

by Anonymousreply 2202/03/2013

R13 - that is probably from "porting." Some models, usually used by small framed people, have holes drilled into the barrel to help vent some of the pressure. It reduces the amount of kick you feel when you shoot.

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

People instantly knew Obama was lying his little ass off.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

Bill Maher commented on this issue in his latest HBO show episode and said: Yes, because nothing would ease the Republican mind more than a photo of the BLACK president holding a gun.

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

I thought it was a candid shot, so the stance is after he shot, in which your posture is after-shocked.

Who cares anyway? Stupid news.

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

The Obama hatred some of you suffer from is frightening.

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2013

So, it's all a stupid distraction from right-wing morons, as usual.

Their claim is that Obama has no right to try and make any gun safety regulations because he's never shot a gun in his life.

The administration countered that Obama has shot skeet at Camp David.

The right-wing nut-jobs responded "NUH-UH! Show us the long form proof!"

The white house released the picture.

The right-wing nut-jobs responded "FAKE! PHOTOSHOP! LIAR!"

It's all so fucking stupid. And ridiculous. And the very premise is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

Obama should prove he takes a shit by shitting in their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 3002/04/2013

Oh, look at 32! An idiot!

by Anonymousreply 3302/04/2013

The photo is real; it's not staged--and the photo was taken in August.

However, I hate the fact that The White House released the photo. It's this same bend over and fuck me 'compromise' that Obama always does to give into the other side.

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013

I love R30.

R31, difference is, Obama *won*. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 3502/04/2013

I'm just curious as to why they released it. Only a moron would even give a shit whether or not he goes fucking skeet shooting because it's yet another stupid, nonsensical faux controversy for them.

Seriously, rightwingers, grow a brain or the fucking hell up! You're embarrassing as hell.

by Anonymousreply 3602/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.