Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The delivery guy called me on my cell tonight and wanted me to come down and meet him on the street and get my food

... that is 17 floors. He said he couldn't find a place to park!

I said NO. I'm paying for you to deliver my food. You want to deduct the delivery change and your tip from what I put on the bill and give me the change in cash?

He stuttered and said "Well I cant do that."

And I said, "I'm not coming down 17 floors. What do you think delivery means?"

about 90 seconds later he was at my door. Typical New York... just trying to get a piece of me. ... always some body just tryhing to get you to do it instead of them and they take whatever they can get for free.

Ass hole.

by Anonymousreply 10902/04/2013

Noodles would have made this so much more fun.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

Hope he spit in your food.

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

So how did his snot, spit, and urine taste op?

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

You KNOW he DID, OP!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

Do you sexually harass him when he comes to your apartment, OP?

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

I've had delivery drivers pull that shit. Fuck those lazy jerks.

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

Mini stapler in pocket R5? I'm sure vengeful people would keep one handy.

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

Yes, OP like if I did that all the time, I just don't know where I could find a stapler in a big city like that.

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

what a bunch of mental cripples you bitches are. How did all those GREs work out for you?

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2013

He knows its stapled. He's had bastard customers like you many, many times before. He keeps a stapler in his car with a staple remover just for people like you, op.

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

You are a bitch OP, that is why you think everyone wants a piece of you. New York is not exactly the easiest place to get around in a car.

You cant order from there ever again OP. Oh yeah, he is running out to get a stapler for next time.

I used to work in restaurants, I have seen it happen. Usually served with a smile.

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

Op=having a listerine chaser to counter that urine breath.

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

I was thinking the exact same thing, r1!

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

Andy - is that you?

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

If you watch Seinfeld, you know it's not good to piss off delivery people in NYC. It caused Elaine a lot of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

You don't need a stapler. At an office job I had it was common to use a fingernail file or even the corner of a thin credit card to bend the staples, insert them back into the same holes and bend them back. After you've done it a few times it's easy and only takes a second or two. Bon appetit piss eater.

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

I know R17, who hasn't don't that. Takes only a second to bend that thing back into place.

Enjoy your food OP with that special Unami flavoring. Might be on the salty side.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

[quote] midgESTs

Freudian slip?

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

It's "umami", you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

Same difference R20. You got my point.

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

[quote] Same difference

Tearing my hair out at this phrase.

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

I love how you made "asshole" into two words. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

At the end of the day, OP, urine a better place now.

by Anonymousreply 2502/02/2013

"Iv had this taste in my mouth before"

by Anonymousreply 2602/02/2013

You think food delivery people are lazy, did you see the TV reports last year showing either a USPS, UPS or FedEX delivery guy literally throwing a large HD TV box over a fence. Of course, the TV broke. The home owner had a surveillence camera, the guy was immediately identified. What an idiotic douchebag.

I don't know about the USPS or FedEx, I understand that UPS has excellent starting salaries. A co-worker's brother starting at $50,000 and that was in 2000! Not bad money for a lazy loser who could never keep a job, of course, he quit!

What exactly is enough of a salary for a delivery person to not throw a breakable item over a fence?

by Anonymousreply 2702/02/2013

Tahnk you all for convincing me he had tampered with my food.

I phoned the restaurant today ... they connected me with the manager. I went down there, confronted them and the guy was fired.

I guess all is well that ends well. Bless you datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 2802/02/2013

I like where this is going.

by Anonymousreply 2902/02/2013

Love all the posts about revenge taken on the food.

I guess I'm supposed to think I'm okay because I didn't *deserve* it like the OP supposedly did.

I figure I'll play it safe in case one of these food vigilantes decides to go off, and instead cook my own food. It's not like restaurants or takeout places need my business.

by Anonymousreply 3002/02/2013

OP, it's pretty clear you are an asshole.

But, also, the dipshits in here crowing about the guy spitting in your food are almost as stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3102/02/2013

not an assholoe at all. Just expect people to do the job they are being paid to do. Want a tip? Charge a delivery fee? Then deliver and get your tip.

by Anonymousreply 3202/02/2013

OP is Elaine Benes.

by Anonymousreply 3302/02/2013

What piece of shit hole do you live in with 17 floors and no elevator?

by Anonymousreply 3402/02/2013

I would have told the delivery guy to take the food back and then would have called the restaurant and told them their delivery guy wouldn't deliver to your door. I'd then would have ordered from someplace else.

by Anonymousreply 3502/02/2013

No stairs were mentioned, were they? Did I miss the stairs debacle?

by Anonymousreply 3602/02/2013

Couldn't the building staff deal with the problem? If not, what about OP's he's hold help? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 3702/02/2013

I have had pizza delivery women bitch about having to bring 2L bottles of soda. It's part of the job. Why do this at the risk of your tip? The attitudes are what really piss me off.

by Anonymousreply 3802/02/2013

My building is only 6 floors, but deliberately set up so that we CAN'T "buzz in" people, such as "Hi, I'm the guy in apt such-and-such (whom one doesn't know) and my door card won't work, it's really cold out, could you let me in?" or "My friend is out of town, she left a rent check, that I need to drop in the manager's box, but he's not in right now!"

by Anonymousreply 3902/02/2013

put down the vodka (and the cheetos) R34 and try reading only the part that is in black. There is an elevator in my building and nothing was ever written about stairs.... *ugh*

by Anonymousreply 4002/02/2013

We got a pizza a couple of nights ago. It was from Papa John's (I know, but my local PJ's has nice kids working there and I don't want them to lose their jobs). I walked over to pick it up and I asked them if they remembered to include the extra garlic sauce (I know, fat, cholesterol, etc.) because we like to have our own, plus my partner is just getting over the flu. The guy (not my usual cutie - must remember to never order on Sunday) said he did put the extra one in.

Got home and it wasn't there so I called them up and told them they needed to bring one over immediately. He said no, they would give me a store credit because they wouldn't send a guy with just one garlic sauce. I told them we needed two because my roommate is sick and I didn't want to get sick from sharing. I told them I didn't want to have to complain to the main office but I would. He finally agreed but said I had to come downstairs to get it. I'm on the sixth floor with an elevator and I told him no. I said I was already in my pajamas - I had changed out of my work clothes - plus we were eating and I wasn't going to go downstairs while I was eating.

He finally agreed but only after arguing with me. What has happened to customer service? He NEVER should have gotten into a discussion. He should have apologized and said he would send one right over. They have delivery guys in and out every five minutes and I'm only three blocks away.

by Anonymousreply 4102/02/2013

It isnt the building staff's job to do the work of a lazy delivery person. I wont have some pre-waiter abuse our staff and take a tip for work they do.

by Anonymousreply 4202/02/2013

Then you're obviously the one with a cheetos and vodka problem, OP.

Ya slug.

by Anonymousreply 4302/02/2013

Karma for patronizing Papa Jackass.

by Anonymousreply 4402/02/2013

I worked in a restaurant in the 80s and saw one waiter take a guys pork chop off the plate, drop his pants and rub it between his man-crack, then put it back on the plate. All the other waiters applauded this.

Shit happens, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 4502/02/2013

If any worker is ever caught doing this shit to your food today they are fired or criminally charged or both. Trust me, it's not the 80s anymore and this shit is taken seriously.

And regarding the delivery guy. That's part of the delivery. They come to your door. The lazy surly New York attitude gets thrown around a lot by people who think you don't know any better but you need to call them on it. It ranges from the Spanish lady at the laundromat pretending to not know English when you need something to the brusque Asian delivery guy refusing to come to your door. I'm an extremely polite, considerate customer. But I notice, often in New York, that people will pull the "I don't speak English" card when they don't want to do something, or they attempt to bully you into coming down to retrieve your food because they think you don't know any better. You have to call these people on it. Or call their boss. It's unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 4602/02/2013

R45. That. Never. Happened.

And anyone who thinks doing someone's food that way regardless of the circumstances is justified is trash.

violating health codes and spreading disease like that is unconsionable.

by Anonymousreply 4702/02/2013

[quote]He knows its stapled. He's had bastard customers like you many, many times before. He keeps a stapler in his car with a staple remover just for people like you, op.

Not to mention a pack of fresh paper bags, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 4802/02/2013

The first time I visited NYC (1999), I ordered chinese. The delivery guy came to the door with the doorman. Which I thought was odd cuz the doorman stood at the end of the hallway kinda hiding. Anyway the Asian guy gave me the order but he didn't have change for a $20. The order was around $10 or $12. He insisted I give him the entire $20 and get no change back. I shut the door and managed to scrounge up the exact amount in small bills and change. I opened the door and the doorman had moved to the door. I shoved the money in the Asian's hand and slammed the door. No tip for you!!

It might of been cheap of me to not tip $7 - 10 but I didn't appreciate how aggressive the delivery guy was insisting I give him the $20 nor did I believe he had no change.

So when in NYC, I never order delivery.

by Anonymousreply 4902/02/2013

That same thing happened to me R49. The good thing was I already had my food in my hands so I told him to go find change and come back. I slammed the door and he came back about two minutes later. Not sure if he really had it or if he went to the deli on the corner.

by Anonymousreply 5002/02/2013

I love how OP's post backfired and most people think he is the asshole. I sincerely hope he did fuck with his food. They don't pay workers enough to put up with crap customers like the OP.

by Anonymousreply 5102/02/2013

R51 the OP's post did not 'backfire'. People like you just want to be assholes. The OP is not an asshole he got shitty service from a lazy surly delivery guy. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 5202/02/2013

R51 Seems like an ass. I hate jerks

by Anonymousreply 5302/02/2013

So was posting this on DL the highlight of your day OP? What an exciting life you must lead in the big city! Are there any other riveting tales of the minutiae of your daily existence you would like to share? We're all just *so* interested!

by Anonymousreply 5402/02/2013

R41, while there's a certain logic to your post, you may want to do some work on sweating the small stuff. 'Cause, you know, one night without your own small tub of chemicals masquerading as a garlic sauce probably isn't something you're going to remember on your deathbed. And if it is....

by Anonymousreply 5502/02/2013

R41 is a tedious pain in the ass. It must be hell living in that mind. As if you couldn't put half the sauce in your own container.

Anyway, who double-dips in the sauce?

by Anonymousreply 5602/02/2013

You obviously are interested R54. Why so much is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 5702/02/2013

R41, you are a high-maintenance fussbudget. You did not have to share with your partner -- you could have put the sauce in a different container. Expecting them to come with one container of sauce is excessive.

by Anonymousreply 5802/02/2013

Do you all really think the delivery guy was purposely lazy/surly? It's the restaurant's fault for not providing mopeds for delivery, instead requiring them to drive (what I'm sure are their OWN cars.) Parking is next to impossible in NYC and the poor guy probably couldn't find a space and had to risk either getting towed or ticketed. Would the restaurant pay for that? And you know if the food was five minutes later than the quoted time you would have called to bitch that the food was late, not your problem that the guy couldn't find a place to park, is it?

So, you really got him fired, or attempted to?

by Anonymousreply 5902/02/2013

Ya'll are crazy. The OP was totally right for expecting the delivery douche, er, dude to deliver his food. HE'S A DELIVERY MAN.

R41, you should have checked the pizza box or picked up another container of garlic flavored grease before leaving the pizza place. They must weight, what, 2 friggin' ounces? YOU are a total dick for asking them to deliver another sauce. You should have given the one sauce to your plague ridden roommate and just dealt with it.

[quote] I said I was already in my pajamas - I had changed out of my work clothes - plus we were eating and I wasn't going to go downstairs while I was eating.

Further proof that you're an asshole. What man wears pajamas? And if you were already eating chances are you were done by the time it got there. Moron.

You were just being a dick.

by Anonymousreply 6002/02/2013

YES, R59. I had him totally and completely FIRED.

The manager assured me he would be. he said the restaurant would NEVER tolerate treating a customer that way.

Thank you all for convincing me what had actually happened. I owe you all BIG TIME.

by Anonymousreply 6102/02/2013

Troll-dar the OP and find out how much of a whiny nelly she is.

by Anonymousreply 6202/02/2013

On a related note, I frequent a place in Chelsea called THE DISH where most of the wait staff is friendly and fast. Except for one. Cute young trick. Drops my check off, i put the money in the folder and he refuses to come back and pick it up. For the record, the rest of the servers do bring the check up to the chashier and return with the change. So I don't tip him. If he's too lazy to take my check to the counter then i'm too lazy to go back to my table and leave a tip. And he's not busy. He stands around bs'ing. I don't think he has much of a future.

by Anonymousreply 6302/02/2013

[quote]you should have checked the pizza box or picked up another container of garlic flavored grease before leaving the pizza place.

I bought an extra one. I asked specifically if he had put it in the box. He assured me he had.

[quote] You did not have to share with your partner -- you could have put the sauce in a different container. Expecting them to come with one container of sauce is excessive.

They are tiny. It's hardly worth sharing them. They make many deliveries to our neighborhood every evening. They just had to give it to one of the guys who was coming this way.

We order pizza maybe once a month. Why should we not get what we wanted and paid for, especially considering I asked if he had included it and he said he had.

Oh, and I wear pajama bottoms with a tee shirt - not that it makes any difference.

by Anonymousreply 6402/02/2013

OP sounds insufferable and petulant, but worst of all, fat.

by Anonymousreply 6502/02/2013

R65 sounds tedious and fybromyalgic, but worst of all, fishy.

by Anonymousreply 6602/02/2013

OP, how did you prove that the guy had tampered with your food? I don't think the manager would just take your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 6702/02/2013

Of course, I told him, R67, that all my friends on DL were sure of it. I was smart enough to print out this thread and take it with me and show him...

It provided all the evidence they did, so it was irrefutable... i mean what else could he do.

by Anonymousreply 6802/02/2013

I wouldn't mind going down to meet him assuming (1) I was dressed to go outin public and (2) I wasn't ill or handicapped.

by Anonymousreply 6902/02/2013

this is an ugly thread, started by an ugly person.

by Anonymousreply 7002/02/2013

I'm not sure why there are people on here defending surly lazy delivery people who WON'T do their job? Oh and in NYC delivery people are rarely in a car and are not responsible for parking.

by Anonymousreply 7102/02/2013

Garlic sauce is the new madeleine.

by Anonymousreply 7202/02/2013

I love how R41 is ballsy enough to demand his extra garlic sauce but refers to his partner as his roommate when he's complaining.

by Anonymousreply 7302/02/2013

First world problems, people.

by Anonymousreply 7402/02/2013

I don't believe you OP/R68. Why would the manager take what some people on a gay forum were joking about at face value? Not to mention the ridiculous image of your going down to the joint and showing him your print-out.

by Anonymousreply 7502/02/2013

GEE, can't fool ole R75.

(Do you have a f@#$ing clue how things work around here, honey?)

by Anonymousreply 7602/02/2013

OP IS an asshole, for sure. He's also a liar and a troll. Nobody got fired. He probably never even went to the restaurant. What manager would fire an employee over something "presumed" to have happened. Alas, I DO hope that he hocked a loogie in OP's food.

by Anonymousreply 7702/02/2013

OP repulses me. People who live in a building without a doorman? The scum of the Earth. This is why I wear gloves when meeting new people.

by Anonymousreply 7802/02/2013

MOrons. Someone else is posting all over this thread, sarcastically pretending to be the OP, saying they got the guy fired. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 7902/02/2013

I'm not sure who is more obnoxious - OP or R41!

by Anonymousreply 8002/02/2013

I probably would have gone down but not given a tip, or just given a small tip.

by Anonymousreply 8102/02/2013

R81 That's exactly what I would've done.

by Anonymousreply 8202/02/2013

Has this ever happened to anyone else: I live on the fourth floor of an elevator-less building and I have an at-home service contract for my computer. A technician buzzed my apartment and told me he couldn't climb the stairs and to bring my computer down. I did and he installed a new touchpad and keyboard on top of a dumpster. Needless to say, he was morbidly obese and it was also a 90 degree day, so I understood.

But yes, I get a lot of delivery people who tell me my buzzer is broken and they can't get in when I know it's bullshit. It's so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 8302/02/2013

I've never seen or heard of restaurant delivery by car--it just wouldn't be possible because of parking.

And why isn't the doorman announcing the visitor?

by Anonymousreply 8402/02/2013

That is what doormen are for, morona at R84. Did you read the post? Clearly this person was trying to circumvent procedure, probably because the doorman would have confiscated the flyers he was planning to strew all over the building.

Our doormen search all delivery persons before they enter and take those flyers away so theya re not littered in our halls like some tenement. And the rif raf delivery personnel are thwarted.

Who knows what they are plotting in their haenous little minds.

by Anonymousreply 8502/02/2013

NYC deliverymen don't use cars they use bicycles.

Nice try, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8602/02/2013

Just because you live in alphabert city, R86 doesn't mean the rest of us do.

by Anonymousreply 8702/03/2013

OP is the "gayling" troll, one of the worst DL has seen in some time.

by Anonymousreply 8802/03/2013

I am not the OP, but the same thing happened to me (in Philly) about six months ago. The delivery guy just wouldn't come up. I told him to go fuck himself and leave. I shrugged off the charge and called another place where there has never been a problem.

Two weeks ago I called the old place and a guy rather than the usual women answered the phone. They had my phone number and info on the computer and he asked me where I had been. I told him about the delivery guy who wouldn't come up and that was it for them -- except I had a hankering for their wings that particular night.

"We fired him," the guy said, "we had too many complaints about that; unless the security people stop them, they are supposed to go to the apartment door." And so it has been, both times I've called since (hastening my death for sure but their stuff is delizioso and yes, this is a first world problem, absolutely).

by Anonymousreply 8902/03/2013

[quote](I know, but my local PJ's has nice kids working there and I don't want them to lose their jobs).

R41, grow a fucking spine. Stop supporting evil, just because you think it has a pretty face. Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 9002/03/2013

[quote]I'm not sure who is more obnoxious - OP or

It's definitely a toss up.

I can't imagine living with R41.

by Anonymousreply 9102/03/2013

OP never had anyone fired. He's a fat angry old man who is embarrassed everyone didn't like his recycled EST thread. What a dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9202/03/2013

Irregardless of what the rest of you all think, OP = racist lesbian who could care less if the rest of you don't believe his lies.

by Anonymousreply 9302/03/2013

OP is defiantly a pissy twink, because older gays go with the flow and realize its not worth getting upset over when they been through real life problems.

Pissy twinks are always the most high strung and shrill.

by Anonymousreply 9402/03/2013

Nice try, R93.

by Anonymousreply 9502/03/2013

I love this thread. I hate op and I hate r1 - r95, except for a few of you scattered in there.

PS, if menus are found under doors, my building's board bans the restaurant from delivering upstairs for a month. So if anyone finds a menu, the doormen are instructed to not let that place go up for a month. The residents have to come down and get their food, which no doubt, results in complaints to the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 9602/03/2013

WHat the fuck has been racist on this thread by op? You people who toss "Racist" around are mental midgets who do harm to the cause of fighting actual racism in this world.

Grow up and stop trying to sound important when you arent.

by Anonymousreply 9702/03/2013

poor NYC assholes and their wretched lives

by Anonymousreply 9802/03/2013

Nobody could EVER spit on my food, so just deal!

by Anonymousreply 9902/03/2013

R98 is so "fey."

by Anonymousreply 10002/03/2013

[R97] = entitled white chick who pretends to be liberal but is really an obvious raci$t and suffers from intense penis envy (i.e., lesbian).

by Anonymousreply 10102/03/2013

Taking an elevator down 17 floors to get one's food is indeed a tragedy one's mind cannot even begin to bear.

Please, by all means, have my ration.

by Anonymousreply 10202/03/2013

"meh" = I Am Young! Age Is Just A Number Goddamnit!

by Anonymousreply 10302/03/2013

My mommy says kindness and courtesy should always be given, even when not received from others.

by Anonymousreply 10402/04/2013

I don't necessarily think OP was wrong for not going down. But, it's not thread worthy. total attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 10502/04/2013

OP is fat.

by Anonymousreply 10702/04/2013

OP got some "special additions" to his food that he isn't even aware of.

by Anonymousreply 10802/04/2013

Never fuck with people who are bringing you something you put in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 10902/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.