Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

You're wrong Dr. Brewster.

I am very proud to be a woman. And I'm proud of this hospital. And before I see it destroyed by your petty tyrannies, I'll recommend to the board that you be thrown out into the street!

Good day, Dr. Brewster. I said, good day!

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

You slut.

by Anonymousreply 102/02/2013

That is one NUTTY hospital!

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

Dorothy Michaels!

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

How do you feel about Cleveland?

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

Dustin Hoffman has been posting here all week trying to drum up interest in his little directorial fuff. Maggie Smith told him if he couldn't ensure $3 million from the American B.O. she'd use his big nose as her umbrella stand.

by Anonymousreply 602/02/2013

Shame on you, you macho shit head.

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

I the comment by r1 is one of the funniest lines I have ever heard in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

r3's is my favorite in the whole movie.

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

I'm just afraid that you're going to burn in Hell for all this.

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2013

I never laid a hand on her.

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

Does Jeff know?

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

God, I BEGGED you to get some therapy...

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

I understand you a lot better than you think I do.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

And she was shunned by all you nurses, too... and by a, what do you call it, what do you call it, a - something like a pariah, to you doctors who found her idealistic and reckless. But she was deeply, deeply, deeply, deeply, deeply, deeply loved by her brother. It was this brother who, on the day of her death, swore to the good Lord above that he would follow in her footsteps, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and, just, just, just, just, just, just, just, just, just, just owe it all up to her. But on her terms. As a woman. And just as proud to be a woman as she ever was. For I am not Emily Kimberly, the daughter of Dwayne and Alma Kimberly. No, I'm not. I'm Edward Kimberly, the recluse brother of my sister Anthea. Edward Kimberly, who has finally vindicated his sister's good name. I am Edward Kimberly. Edward Kimberly. And I'm not mentally ill, but proud, and lucky, and strong enough to be the woman that was the best part of my manhood. The best part of myself.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013's for Amy...

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

Oh, I think we should tape it, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

So many of the talented supporting cast of Tootsie have started to pass away (Charles Durning, Doris Belack, Sydney Pollack), and yet good ol' George Gaynes just keeps chugging along.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

Is he that good of a singer?

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

Thanks for that, R15. Made me smile a little.

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

Were you ever famous?

Then how can you be a has-been?

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

So...are these REAL chocolate-covered cherries?

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

Anything alcoholic will do.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

You left out the "sir!" at the end of "I SAID 'Good day, sir," OP. Epic fail. Next time know your dialogue before you post.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

r24, you desperately need to unclench. Jesus Christ.

That's the original speech that Teri Garr's character has to recite all the way through for the audition before Dorothy Michaels says it. Dorothy adds the "sir."

by Anonymousreply 2502/02/2013

I'll have a Dubonnet with a twist!

by Anonymousreply 2602/02/2013

The lady who finally got this bag, I know did time. Now, I don't have a decent handbag.

by Anonymousreply 2702/02/2013

I read [italic]The Second Sex[/italic]! I read [italic]The Cinderella Complex[/italic]! I'm responsible for my own orgasm!

by Anonymousreply 2802/02/2013

This is creepy. The last time I saw Tootsie was in the movie theatre when I was 8. I rented it from Netflix and just watched it last night. This thread is some sort of cosmic joke. Incredible.

by Anonymousreply 2902/02/2013

Hey, R25/douchebag, I'm fairly sure that the OP meant the quote as it was spoken by Dorothy Michaels as Emily not Teri Garr as Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

Actually, I'm the OP and I meant it as r25 said since that's how I Google the quotation on the Internet (to get the wording exactly right).

How weird not only that you would have whined about it back then but that you would be whining about it again to r25 a full week later.

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

Michael Dorsey: She thinks I'm gay, i told her about Julie and she thinks I'm gay! George Fields: Julie thinks your gay? Michael Dorsey: No, my friend Sandy. George Fields: Sleep with her, and she'll... Michael Dorsey: I slept with her once she's still thinks I'm gay! George Fields: Oh... thats no good, Michael.

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

Dorothy Michaels: Dr Brewster tried to seduce several nurses in this unit, claiming to be the throes of an uncontrollable impulse. Do you know what? I'm going to give every nurse on this floor an electric cattle prod and instruct them to just zap them in his badubies!

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

Jeff: [michael's half dressed as Dorothy, getting ready for a dinner with Julie] What do you mean you don't have anything to wear? Michael Dorsey: She has seen me in all of these! Jeff: She hasn't seen you in that white dress Michael Dorsey: What, this? [holds up a formal white dress] Jeff: Yeah. Michael Dorsey: You cannot wear white to a casual dinner. It's too dressy. Jeff: Can't you wear pants? Michael Dorsey: Pants? [pats the fake butt he's wearing then wiggles his finger] Jeff: What about this thing? [holds up a striped dress] Michael Dorsey: No. I don't have the right shoes for it, I don't like the way the horizontal lines make me look to hippy, and it cuts me across the bust. Jeff: [slight pause] I think we're getting into a weird area here.

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

Michael Dorsey: You should have seen the look on her face when she thought I was a lesbian. George Fields: "Lesbian"? You just said gay. Michael Dorsey: No, no, no - SANDY thinks I'm gay, JULIE thinks I'm a lesbian. George Fields: I thought Dorothy was supposed to be straight? Michael Dorsey: Dorothy IS straight. Tonight Les, the sweetest, nicest man in the world asked me to marry him. George Fields: A guy named Les wants YOU to marry him? Michael Dorsey: No, no, no - he wants to marry Dorothy. George Fields: Does he know she's a lesbian? Michael Dorsey: Dorothy's NOT a lesbian. George Fields: I know that, does HE know that? Michael Dorsey: Know WHAT? George Fields: That, er, I... I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!