Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tonight I watched a Cruise flick.

I think it was called knight and day or something like that. It was totally formula and impossibly simple minded.

Are all Tom Cruise movies this type of rubbish? He never really did anything convincingly throughout the entire film. The entire story seemed like an aggrandizement of his personal ego.

I think this guy is certifiably crazy.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2013

OP, are you ayb?

by Anonymousreply 102/01/2013

That movie is hilariously over-the-top.

by Anonymousreply 202/02/2013

Has Tom Cruise made a film, other than "Risky Business," that is generally considered a true classic?

by Anonymousreply 302/02/2013

R3 I thought Rain Man was a good movie. In fact, it's the only TC movie I like. Everything else sucks.

by Anonymousreply 402/02/2013

R3, Top Gun had him as a character that I think he's been trying to play ever since. He has become a caricature of that role and so has every role he's played since.

by Anonymousreply 502/02/2013

Oh, bless your heart, R6.

by Anonymousreply 702/02/2013

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

by Anonymousreply 802/02/2013

Eyes Wide Shut will be his one movie that survives.

Though I did enjoy Rain Man, Minority Report, and the original Mission Impossible.

His worst performance is in The Last Samurai. The film could have been good, but he really can't do period pieces. His acting is too contemporary. Never saw Knight and Day.

by Anonymousreply 902/02/2013

You're high, aren't you OP?

by Anonymousreply 1002/02/2013

I like Magnolia.

Often I wonder if that character was just a version of himself - except for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1102/02/2013

Nah, his best work was, "Cocktail".

He was robbed of an Academy Award on that one.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned, Born On the 5th of July. He was nominated for that sweaty piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 1202/02/2013

He's never won an oscar right?

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

I've never gotten a gay vibe from this long in tooth celebrity. In this particular film I couldn't help wonder where they found all the short actors to play the other roles. I think Tom was standing on a box when he kissed Cameron Diaz. By the way, that Cameron lady is looking worn out and put to bed wet.

Cameron looks like Diane Carroll's sister.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

Can I mention something that has always been on my mind? When Cruise takes his shirt off, doesn't it always look like he is missing a vertebrae or two? And his chest looks oddly deformed in someway, just like poor Joquin Phoenix.

Am I imagining this?

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

I hate to admit this, but I enjoy his performances. I never thought he was hot stuff so when the cult thing came out I wrote him off entirely. But, when I come across a movie of his on cable I start watching. He's good. Nuts, but good. He can come across as unlikeable and arrogant onscreen, but definitely compelling. I also have to admit I like Gwyneth Paltrow's performances even though her real life personality is extremely off putting.

Tl;dr I support the careers of jerks.

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

Penis! Big fucking erect penis, Mom!

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

Thanks R7 I hated "Eyes Wide Shut" at first. Years later, I had started to read about it more and had begun to learn how much of daily life was shaped by these conspiracies all around us. I watched it again and appreciated it fully. The blu-ray copy I have is the favorite movie in my collection.

"Vanilla Sky" was, thankfully, an immediate hit. Even though it has layers upon layers and is best appreciated after reading about it.

I so wish I saved the front cover of the Vanity Fair issue with Tom Cruise shirtless to promote "Vanilla Sky." To some reason I give him a "pass" on his strident attempts to hide his sexuality. There's something unreal about him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1802/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.