Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I declare that this is the last time I'm going to eat pizza

I'm currently like having a mini-prelude to a heart attack or something. It feels like I'm going to have a flu or something. This is all happening right after I ate some pizza.

by Anonymousreply 4002/02/2013

Well, what kind of pizza? Maybe you just need to upgrade.

by Anonymousreply 102/01/2013

Next time don't eat pizza from the Dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 202/01/2013

It was a pepperoni pizza, I had some pepsi with it. And now I feel like I'm dying.

by Anonymousreply 302/01/2013

Some of the big pizza chains use fake cheese. I've had that feeling, too.

by Anonymousreply 402/01/2013

I HATE fake cheese. How do you know if they use it or not? Also what's with this pre-grated cheese in supermarkets? It doesn't taste like real cheese that comes in a block and that you actually have to grate either.

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

Could be the dough. Always makes me feel like I'm going to burst if I eat bread or the like.

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

So you logged onto DataLounge to tell us? You should be talking to the 911 operator.

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

Google "hiatal hernia".

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

What sort of physical condition are you in generally OP?

The way you feel could be the early warning signs of a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

Or, it could just be gas.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

I avoid Pepsi, Coke, and all other high-fructose garbage because of this problem. I diagnose phony sugar rush along with super high-fat = massive indigestion, especially if you're very hungry and eat too fast.

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

Do you have acid reflux? Pizza can set off. I used to like pizza but I take a chance eating it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1302/02/2013

Take some Maalox and quit eating crap food.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

R11, Thanks for that link. Did you read up on "Carmine" additive #1?

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

What does your ass smell like currently, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1602/02/2013

Oh now, Miss Scarlett, you come on and eat jess a little honey!

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

It might be a tumor.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

Acid reflux, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

Another vote for OP to upscale his choice of pizzerias. I thought I was just getting eldergut, but when I ate a pizza from a decent place, I was fine.

That fake cheese will get you every time.

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

Take some aspirin before you go to bed. Trust me on this.

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

I have been making pizza from scratch including the dough. BIG difference between that and delivery.

What I found out was places like Pappa Johns use fake cheese, and all sort of dough "conditioners" that help speed up the process of making and baking. Lower quality, but faster results.

The toppings are also the lowest quality. I love peperoni but what you buy at the deli counter and what you get on the pizza are two different things. Pink slime comes to mind.

I am with the others, you probably have acid reflux.

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

R15, That is no really news, I heard that 25 years ago in high school. Just think all the Red Velvet cake you like has quite a bit of red die in it. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

Too bad I hadn't read about acid reflux disease as a culprit. I had to learn the hard way. Bad timing! Oh well, I can pass the info.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

If you're in your early forties, you may have hit your salt wall.

I can't eat pizza or other really salty food regularly anymore. It makes me thirsty and bloaty.

Or... your shit diet may mean that you are experiencing the beginnings of type II diabetes. The fat and simple carbs are throwing your body for a loop.

by Anonymousreply 2502/02/2013

Oregano gives me indigestion, but if that were your case, it should not have just happened this time. You might have gotten infected with bacteria growing on the pizza. I am fearful of food from any kind of restaurant, and I cook from scratch, and eat at home as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 2602/02/2013

Does it have a lot of red die, R23? Really? Are you sure it doesn't have red DYE in it? Hrm...

by Anonymousreply 2702/02/2013

I just had a Double King Burger with Chili Bacon, cheese and a fried egg on top. Washed it down with a double Chocolate shake.

For some reason, I feel bloated. Maybe I have a gluten allergy, maybe it's the salt?

by Anonymousreply 2802/02/2013

It's your gallbladder, OP. Trust me. This happened to me two months ago. I thought I had food poisoning and acid reflux. The pain was so bad, it felt like I was dying. It turned out that my gallbladder was full of gallstones and infected. I had to have emergency surgery. It was brought on by eating too much peanut butter candy.

If the pain is bad, or you start vomiting uncontrollably, go to the hospital immediately. Otherwise, go to your doctor and ask for a gallbladder function test. I bet your gallbladder is not functioning well.

Also, clean up your diet but do it gradually. Suddenly changing your diet from high fat to low fat can trigger a gallbladder attack.

by Anonymousreply 2902/02/2013

That salami and peperoni are made by adding Potassium Nitrate to raw meat to keep it that "natural color". But then again, they do that to all pastrami meat as well. All deli meats would be brown or gray if they left it out.

MMMMM, Nitraaaaaaatttsssse

by Anonymousreply 3002/02/2013

Has OP been back to post? Or die she die?

I guess we'll never know...

by Anonymousreply 3102/02/2013

I think OP is trying to make THIS thread happen, but both are kinda boring...even combined.

by Anonymousreply 3202/02/2013

Not of you put 2 and 2 together. Now I know why the OP has a "salt" reaction to his pizza.

by Anonymousreply 3302/02/2013

Possibly celiac ...get tested!

by Anonymousreply 3402/02/2013

yes, R15, I read about the "carmine" thing - crushed bugs!

by Anonymousreply 3502/02/2013

I have to agree with R29, gallbladder. I had those symptoms after eating a bloomin onion and hot brownie sundae at the Outback. Funny enough when I went to the ER, my private dr. and the surgeon they all said how they loved the bloomin onion.

by Anonymousreply 3602/02/2013

I have pizza about twice a week, but I always make it from scratch. It's pretty healthy and delicious and only takes a few minutes to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 3702/02/2013

9,9,9! my pizza is fine! It's all artificial and it's good for you*

*just don't eat it.

by Anonymousreply 3802/02/2013

R23, That's why I love being on DL, to keep me up on everything trendy. I always thought that Red Velvet Cake didn't taste like chocolate, and thus was a waste of calories. Does anyone know if it's really because of carmine?

Again, does anyone know which pizza chains to avoid because they use artificial cheese?

by Anonymousreply 3902/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!