Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

This week's Law & Order: SVU

It was a surprisingly strong episode-closeted gay men meet a creepy twink in a Chelsea bar who attacks them in a nearby hotel room. None of them are Stabler, unfortunately.

Nia Vardalos was actually good in it. Raul Esparza is damned good as the ADA-shame he won't be in it so much now because he'll be on that new Hannibal Lecter series with Mr. Claire Danes.

Check this out on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

Pissed SUV isn't on my Comcast On Demand.

by Anonymousreply 102/01/2013

If you have the iPad, I just noticed that the NBC app is basically now a carbon copy of the ABC app where full episodes of all their shows are now on there.

The app used to be a trivia based type thing where you follow along on the iPad during a few, select shows, so they must have updated it fairly recently.

by Anonymousreply 202/01/2013

I think Barba is staying. We won't see Hannibal until the summer (probably), and that's just 13 episodes.

Raul is doing great and I love that the SVU crew is having fun dressing him.

by Anonymousreply 302/01/2013

I thought Nia Vardaloss was horrible. What was she trying to do? weird, weird performance. The guy playing the killer was also terrible during his last scene.

Esparza is entertaining and I'm glad he's staying. He brings an energy that the show needed because Kelly Giddish, Danny Pino and Ice T are like black holes, and Mariska is basically on auto-pilot.

by Anonymousreply 402/01/2013

Danny Pino is growing in me, so I hope he hangs around. Ice-T is entertaining only cuz he's so terrible. Giddish needs to be canned. Mariska looks like she's OD-ed on nyquil.

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

You only thought the episode was good because it was about gay men and sex.

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

[quote]Mariska looks like she's OD-ed on nyquil

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

No, R3, Esparza is shooting Hannibal now. The episode shown on Wednesday night was shot right before Christmas. Don't ask me how I know but I gather he's will only appear in one more episode and won't be prominent in it.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

I couldn't disagree more with r4.

The show feels re-energized to me since the replacements. I actually prefer Pino to Meloni - or rather, Meloni's character - because Elliott had become so one-note.

The various new combinations of teams are great.

I'm more interested in SVU now than I have been in years.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

Warren Leight wrote the book for Leap Of Faith, the disaster that gave Raul his first NYT bad review. The show didn't last a month, Raul was depressed, Leight felt bad so he wrote Raul the part of the new DA.

I was under the impression that his role on Hannibal, while important, was only going to be part of a couple of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

I certainly won't be watching the episode next week that Mike Tyson is guest starring in.

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

I gave up on it after Chris Meloni left, but have tried to give it another shot. What a waste of time. Mariska Hargitay looks bloated and tired. As does Ice-T, and he was my favorite after Meloni and Hargitay when they were all on the show. Danny Pino needs to leave. He's awful. Kelly Giddish is not much better. This episode was bits and pieces of old SVU episodes spliced together - they've done the male rape theme before and the spoiler (the perp giving one of the victim's pieces of jewelry to his partner was borrowed from the "Closure" two-parter with Tracy Pollan as the rape victim out for revenge against her rapist.

The show is running on fumes. Meloni's departure cut the guts out of the show. But even the final season with him, the show was sucking donkey dicks. I think he saw the writing on the wall and left.

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

Do Danny and Raul compare uncut Cuban pingas during breaks in filming?

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2013

The best scenes were watching Danny Pino undercover in the gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 1402/02/2013

Danny needs to go undercover in a male stripper bar.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!