Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Revisionist History: Two 49ers Players Insist They Did Not Appear In ‘It Gets Better’ Video

They actually did appear in the video. You can watch it at the link

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

It was bad enough that San Francisco 49ers homophobe Chris Culliver said earlier this week that he wouldn’t tolerate a gay teammate and then offered a non-apology apology for saying so. Now, two other hate-mongering 49ers have claimed that they didn’t appear in an “It Gets Better” video they clearly were in.

Linebacker Ahmad Brooks and defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga denied to USA Today that they made the video, then when showed the video, claimed they didn’t realize it was to fight the bullying of LGBT youth (even though teammate Donte Whitner specifically identifies “LGBT teens”):

by Anonymousreply 102/01/2013

Ahmad Brooks: I didn’t make any video. This is America and if someone wants to be gay, they can be gay. It’s their right. But I didn’t make any video… I don’t remember that. I think if I made a video, I’d remember it. [After being shown the video...] Oh, that. It was an anti-bullying video, not a gay (rights) video.

by Anonymousreply 202/01/2013

The interviewer should've asked Brooks on the spot,

"So, do you prefer black dick or white dick? "

by Anonymousreply 302/01/2013

Between Manti Te'o and these guys, no more proof is needed that athletes are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 402/01/2013

Well after this crap especially, the the 49ers better put out a It Gets Better video with top players, pronto. It's fucking San Francisco, how dare they diss gays there of all places!

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

All those concussions must be doing damage - they don't even remember where they were.

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

What they deny is having been in an anti gay bullying video. They were only told it was an anti bullying video and not that it was about anti gay bullying.

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

R7, see R1.

Then again, the idiot probably didn't know what LGBT means.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

[quote] They were only told it was an anti bullying video

Which you state as fact with no evidence. They may be claiming that now, but they also may be lying.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

[quote]the idiot probably didn't know what LGBT means.

You're probably right. He's not exactly a Rhodes Scholar.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

Well, bullying is bullying, no matter who is being bullied.

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

Tell them that r11, It Gets Better videos can applying to bullying in general, while still being focused on gay youth, as they were intended.

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

Harvey Milk is long gone and ACT-UP is forgotten. San Francisco gays sit back while members of the 49er team bash them.

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2013

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!! When video came out last year I wrote on several gay websites that it is just window dressing. If the NFL or specifically the 49ers were so tolerant of gay people than gay players would have come out by now. Gay people allow heterosexuals to construct an unreality where they are accepting of gay people without any results to prove they are.

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2013

Really, what ARE the folks in San Francisco saying about this? It's embarrassing and degrading and offensive.

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2013

Baltimore Ravens win Super Bowl, defeating San Francisco 49ers, 34-31

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

So glad the homophobes lost.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

These morons need to be dropped from the team.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

Pink Wash . . . that's what it's called when some idiot celebrity who votes Republican does a PSA for equality. It does nothing to serve our community, only the celebrity's image.

I'm fuckin' over it, too.

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

Karma's a bitch. Glad they lost.

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2013

[italic]When told that studies show that the majority of teens who are bullied are harassed over sexual identity issues, Brooks thought for a second.

"I know that. I know that," he said. "Okay, you're right and I'm wrong. Are you from one of those New York newspapers?"[/italic]

If Brooks thought for an entire second, that was probably the longest thought the moron ever had.

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

[italic]Sopoaga, too, denied making the video, even while teammate Will Tukuafu, who overheard the question, tried to refresh his memory.

"Yeah, you made that video, remember?" Tukuafu said.

"No," Sopoaga said. "I never went. And now someone is using my name."[/italic]

After being shown the video, Sopoaga refused to comment.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

Why are straight me so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

The video has been reworked to remove these two jackasses.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!