Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beyonce is a loser

Anyone who lipsyncs other than drag queens takes advantage of his/ her audience and lets them down. I can listen to my ipod if I want to listen to a recording.

Im sorry eveyrone on the left is taking up for her because this has gotten to be a pro or anti obama thing, just like everything else. Nobody can have an independent thought outside the group dynamic of FOX vs. MSNBC.

But Beyonce fucked up. I heard her tonight say that it was such a big thing and she didnt have time to reherse.

If it WAS such a big thing, a professsional would have MADE the time... and not tried to mislead her audience.

by Anonymousreply 14502/03/2013

It wasn't just the lack of rehearsal with the Marine Band, it was the cold weather and the delay in the sound system, according to Beyonce, as to why she sang along with a pre-recorded track.

James Taylor did not sing and play guitar to a pre-recorded track, but he did mention that he was quite worried that the cold weather would affect his fingers and hands so that he would not be able to play guitar properly.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

R1 you must've missed tonight's evening news - or at least NBC News with Brian Williams - because she did also mention the lack of rehearsal time as well as the cold weather.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Seriously, I don't see the big deal. But I'm sure she has sang the song she a singer or Britney Spears? It wasn't that cold that day. It really doesn't matter but phony excuses, are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

I skipped NBC's piece on Beyonce because I'm sick of hearing about this. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 402/01/2013

What R2? That is exactly what I said. Beyonce said lack of rehearsal time, weather, and delay.

Can you not read what I wrote?

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

Im no Beyonce fan. I hate her music, big hair, the whole deal. however, she has proven that she can sing live. she was worried about fucking up, so she took the safer route. is it really a big deal?

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

Everyone should go to and watch Beyonce's superbowl press conference. Let's just say that she addresses the lip syncing situation.

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

Hey, if Aretha could sing live, Beyonce should have been able to. And she should have made herself available to rehearse as much as she needed to. She looks a fool for doing karaoke at the presidential inauguration, and then for making excuses about it. She's a singer. She was hired to SING.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

Is she ever going to apologize to America and agree to leave the business? What is she waiting for?

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

yeah, it's a big deal, R6. She effectively lied. She wanted us to believe she was doing something she wasnt doing. How would you have felt if she had stepped up and said into the microphone BERFORE SHE SANG... "I'm sorry I havent rehearsed enough and its really cold, so please enjoy my lipsync version of the Star-Spangled Banner." You and I both know what would have been everyone's reaction. So, she didnt say that, obviously, and wanted us to believe it was live.

And just singing it somewhere else for a different audience, R7, doesnt have much of anything to do with her previous act.

We all know she can sing. But she chose not to. Mislead us all. So, I think she's a loser and will always remember her that way.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

OP, when was the last time you sang in front of anyone except your gramma in the basement?

R10, thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

Why are we still talking about this?

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2013

big hair

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2013

Beyonce is so grossly overrated and full of herself (anyone who tries to get their child's name legally trademarked is pretty arrogant).

Her ego has gotten so out of control since going solo and all the media and entertainment world does is bow down to her and feed into it. I think she has a perfectly fine singing voice, and I'm sure she would have done great, but there is no excuse to use a pre-recorded track, especially at an event like that.

You are a professional singer - DO YOUR JOB, B!

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2013

I'll come to each one of your fucking homes and sing your motherFUCKING ear off. Any Questions. By the way, you have to eat my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2013

die beyonka

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013

I think what Beyonce doesn't get or doesn't want to admit is that the people who are criticizing her for this are the people who are just plain tired of her and her act. I personally don't like her singing and find her music mediocre. I sometimes find the choreography for her vides laugh out loud funny. She's a pretty girl but I wouldn't call her sexy. She has created this carefully crafted image of being a sweet, unassuming young woman who just happens to be phenomenally talented and was destined to be a star. Watch how she smiles so sweetly at that press conference. That smile is a big fuck you to her detractors, as well as the "fans", who took exception to her lip-synched performance at the Inauguration. The thing is, JLO did it first, and did it better. Telling the world that she did the HBO "documentary" because she felt it was time to let people see who she really is is is not only disingenuous but redundant. We already know who she is. We want less, not more of her. Her time would be better spent on elocution and diction lessons. Now, THAT I would watch. Like I said, she just doesn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 1802/01/2013

Are you seriously comparing beyonce to j-lo???? Like j-lo is some sort of innovator?????!

by Anonymousreply 1902/01/2013

She's a liar just like every other pop star. She lied during the press conference, saying she "always sings live." All you have to do is watch various performances where she stops singing and the track is still playing to know that she is not always singing live.

by Anonymousreply 2102/01/2013

I find it hilarious that All of you are so worked up about this! This is show business, people! It's all smoke and mirrors! Honestly, it would be newsworthy if that weren't a lip synch! The press conference was a hilarious diva moment for the books. All of you clutching your pearls need to take a pill and enjoy the camp feet that beyonce is giving us, like the first rate entertainer she is

by Anonymousreply 2202/01/2013

first-rate entertainers dont lip sync. It's pretty simple.

by Anonymousreply 2302/01/2013

She's a terrible speaker and always has been. For someone who has the X Factor, she is boring off the stage.

by Anonymousreply 2402/01/2013

She is no more talented than JLO is what I'm saying, r20. What distinguishes JLO from Beyonce is JLO can act. And dance. Other than that, I wouldn't DREAM of comparing the two.

by Anonymousreply 2602/01/2013

Beyonce has always been a fake. From lip syncing to stealing writing. Everyone except her fans have known this for years.

by Anonymousreply 2802/01/2013

"She lied again today when she said what she did is common in the music business"

Yeah, just ask Milli Vanilli.

by Anonymousreply 2902/01/2013

What R4 said.

by Anonymousreply 3002/01/2013

Cracks me up when someone says they are not fans and don't like the person in question's music, blah, blah, blah, and then defend or praise them.

by Anonymousreply 3102/01/2013

Beyonce has everything that's needed to be a modern celebrity. She's a pretty moderately talented girl who is able to withstand the constant scrutiny and media coverage with minimal slip ups, she always hits her marks, interviews fine can handle a brutal schedule and not go bat shit crazy. She might not have the greatest artistic talent but unfortunately the ability to withstand the demands of the lifestyle are what makes her a star- not her talent. Look at Logan, winehouse, those girls had talent, but they couldn't handle it. I honestly think real talent is probably a negative for a pop star. When your whole image is contrived to generate the most money possible, there is no place for "artistic integrity"

by Anonymousreply 3202/01/2013

hey smartass at R29, 1990 called and wants it's 22-year-old scandal back. Got anything that happened in THIS generation?

by Anonymousreply 3302/01/2013

Hear, hear, r32!

by Anonymousreply 3502/01/2013

Eh, The Star Spangled Banner, Super Bowl Edition was just meh. It was fine, but I wouldn't say... WOW, that was amazing.

by Anonymousreply 3602/01/2013

dumb ass crackahs

by Anonymousreply 3802/01/2013

She's crying all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 3902/01/2013

OP is obsessed with Beyonce. Same post on LSA about how Beyonce is losing. OP get a fuckin life why does Beyonce success bother you so much??

by Anonymousreply 4002/01/2013

r40, try not to take pointless bitchery personally. And try to write intelligible sentences.

by Anonymousreply 4102/01/2013

Beyonce sucks and her husband is only fugly dude. Whitney's corpse could've done a better job of that song.

by Anonymousreply 4202/01/2013

I don't think the public is fascinated with her. I think a lot of the criticism is a backlash against her and Jay-Z and has been brewing for a while. She is in danger of becoming over exposed. Her last CD did not do that great and the song didn't make the top ten. And she is looking her age. Thirty-one is not old but she is no longer an ingenue. She needs another hit. Without that, no one is going to want to watch her go on about her inner child on HBO or watch her clod hop around to Single Ladies for the umpteenth time. One more bit of bitchy business. She needs to find another hairdresser or wig maker. That DO' she was sporting today at the press conference was just plain ugly..

by Anonymousreply 4302/01/2013

This phony baby / phony singer needs to take her ginormous thighs , and ass, and sashay her way back down to earth. She's not all that, and the hype so out does the talent. Her shrill of a voice, and her spastic dance moves , are working my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 4402/01/2013

I can't stand her. She's this generations' Diana Ross (only Diana actually had good songs): Started in a girl group, eventually wanted to go solo, got involved with someone who owns their own record label, wears weaves that look ridiculously huge, does the tiresome "diva" persona, think she's better than everyone else, etc. And all that diva shit and being overexposed will eventually be what causes people to get tired of her.

by Anonymousreply 4502/01/2013

I prefer Britney. At least Britney doesn't have delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 4602/01/2013

"I prefer Britney"

Which is why threads like this make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 4702/01/2013

I love the Prez but if he weren't prez, Beyonce would be long forgotten by now. She is a total fake, made up to look like an underarm deodorant model. That's her future.

by Anonymousreply 4802/01/2013

Listen to her "performance" at the press conference with your eyes closed. She is off key and her voice is flat and rather pedestrian. She is NOT a great singer. She didn't prove a thing with that stunt.

by Anonymousreply 4902/01/2013

" it wuz ah impo'tent moment, it wuz tha eenaug'rul an ahm ah pahfectionust..."

This woman is illiterate and should never be held-up as the inspiration and sensation that she is seen as.

by Anonymousreply 5002/01/2013

[quote]What R2? That is exactly what I said. Beyonce said lack of rehearsal time, weather, and delay. Can you not read what I wrote?

Sorry, I meant to say OP. (In fact your post wasn't even up when I posted, which is why I automatically said R1 without thinking.)

by Anonymousreply 5102/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 5202/01/2013

Bedbathandbeyonce is a "good" singer?

That is a matter of opinion, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5302/01/2013

[quote] Whitney's corpse could've done a better job of that song.

Yes Whitney was definitely known for her high quality and authentic live singing! Never mind that she pretty much pioneered lipsynching at big public events, when she lipsynced the Star Spangled Banner in the 80s. And never mind that her voice was shot and her concerts had become sad, humiliating spectacles. But yes, Whitney could've at least matched Beyonce by lipsynching, as she undoubtedly would've done, corpse or not.

by Anonymousreply 5402/01/2013

OP is a loser. Anyone who writes an online blog post, (hating) on a self made millionaire .....nevermind.

l actually never liked Bey due to her Dad fucking over her current & former bandmates....but u people are ridiculous with the personal attacks of successful Black folks....especially Black kids....

Datalounge is kinda an epic fail in that sense....

by Anonymousreply 5502/01/2013

Her press conference is rather hilarious in that she clearly thinks her mediocre and breathy rendition is some kind of throwdown that proves she is a legendary talent.

by Anonymousreply 5602/01/2013

r54 where are you? Don't mess with Whitney. Yes she sang to a prerecord at the superbowl, because her record label thought she sounded so fantastic in the rehearsal that they pre-decided they were going to release it as a single. Whitney charted the Star Spangled Banner. Ha.

Other than that, Whitney Houston always sang live, in glorious voice and through her very long and public fall. Whitney stood up and was criticized around the world on her final tour, for her shocking loss of voice. Some fans booed her, but most loved her. Why. Because her dignity and her talent were spectacular and she always gave what she had to give. You hear me, r54 ?

I am not a queen, but I love me some Whitney Houston and I threaten to post about 500 videos of her singing live in the largest arenas and the most prestigious events and sounding like she was anointed by the vocal gods. In front of presidents too. She will blow the roof of this dump. You will weep and renounce all others. Yes she enjoyed a little crack and hit her head, but don't put Beyonce in the same sentence with her too, uh,uh. I mean it now.

Don't speak of Whitney. You know what happens when you assume, don't you ?

by Anonymousreply 5802/01/2013

It used to be that anytime someone sang the SSB it was prerecorded. That used to be the norm because as Rosanne Barr and Christina Aguilera can tell you, people are pretty merciless when you screw it up.

Singing it live, in some instances, only started in the last ten years. Christina was one of the artists that insisted on singing it live. And then she fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 5902/01/2013

58 you beat me to it.

Thank you.

And this 54 bitch doin that so close to the anniversary of her passing. I still can't believe I will never hear The Voice again.

by Anonymousreply 6002/01/2013

[quote]Everyone should go to and watch Beyonce's superbowl press conference. Let's just say that she addresses the lip syncing situation.

That was a stunt, she is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6102/01/2013

Let's fast forward 20 years and cast Beyonce as Norma in Sunset Boulevard. She's already delusional enough and she doesn't have the talent to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 6202/01/2013

[quote]EPIC FAIL.

OP, trying to act 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 6302/01/2013

I've got to believe this is some kind of parody post or written by a child or an extremely immature adult. If you don't like her don't listen to her music, read about her and turn off the TV when she's on.

by Anonymousreply 6402/01/2013

So true r62 .

And it's the talkies that destroy her career !

by Anonymousreply 6502/01/2013

Saw her press conference. She CANNOT sing well at all and she knows it too but she is singing all the way to the bank. Her singing is weak and seems to get stuck in her throat.

by Anonymousreply 6702/01/2013

I am baffled as to why this created the scandal it did. I suppose because it was a political event. Singing outside is pre recorded the majority of the time.

All the Broadway shows (!) lip sync on the Macy's Parade for this very reason.

I think the bigger story is that Kelly Clarkson went for it live and was so thrilling. Big balls on that girl.

by Anonymousreply 6802/01/2013

Okay everyone.

Not talking about the Superbowl or the Macy's parade or a Britney/Madonna,Janet concert or the American Music Awards, or Las Vegas.

A presidential inauguration. At a simple podium. An honor. A real singer sings.

No excuses.

Capisce ?

by Anonymousreply 6902/01/2013

All that time and money and she still needs elocution lessons!

by Anonymousreply 7002/01/2013

It is spelled Capiche?

by Anonymousreply 7102/01/2013

Oh God, I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this past Thanksgiving and the lip-syncs there are just horrid. Not one single artist mouthed the words at the correct time, the worst being Don McLean, who was singing along to "American Pie." It was pretty painful to watch just how off they all were.

by Anonymousreply 7302/01/2013

Whether she sings live or not, she is simply only a mediocre singer in my opinion. Oh she is better than Britney, JLo, Janet and that ilk who really cannot sing at all. But she is not remotely in the league of Streisand, Aretha, Whitney, KD Lang as a vocalist, or someone like the poor old Amy Winehouse as an artist. Even her prerecorded version of the SSB was not that great- her mediocre tone and timbre cannot be made up for by caterwalling.

Susan Boyle could carry it off. There really are no great pure singers on the scene today (KD is kind of on the sidelines.) Kelly Clarkson was awful (scream) and please do not tell me Jennifer Hudson can fill in- she is pretty much in the league of Beyonce: milk toast immiation of others (Whitney and Aretha).

Poor old Whitney never really produced really good artistry as well- only pop- mostly up tempo which was good, and very mediocre power ballads. She never sang the great music of her time- and then her voice was gone.

by Anonymousreply 7402/01/2013

She's a bad actress, mediocre singer with very few good songs (not hits, just songs that are good) and a total bore who thinks her shit doesn't stink. I urge all DL readers to not give her another moment's thought but instead listen to a musician who they genuinely enjoy. I am hereby erasing Beyonce from my mind.

by Anonymousreply 7602/01/2013

Please! This is the formula - create scandal to stay in the spotlight. She is no different than Madonna ( they both became worldwide phenoms and neither can sing ) it is all in the packaging. It's ridiculous how her not singing live has gotten her so much attention. Also, as someone already pointed out - kept her in the spotlight until she performs at the Superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 7702/01/2013

The Superbowl is the best venue for her ego.

by Anonymousreply 7802/01/2013

She's got two of the deadest eyes in show business. And she's been very very lucky. She's lucky that her mother is Mama Rose Noire, lucky that Aaliyah died, and lucky she married Jay Z. She's a weak singer who equates shouting with soul, her songwriting abilities rival Mariah Carey's, an okay dancer and as eloquent as a sharecropper.

Her management is very smart in that they don't let her out into many situations that can't be controlled, like Britney before she went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 7902/01/2013

"her songwriting abilities rival Mariah Carey's"!

Ha1 That's a good one. Bouncey is like Madonna in the sense that they claim a co-writing song credit just for farting in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 8002/01/2013

I just assumed it was live because she sounded so crap. I thought it was totally underwhelming.

Clarkson at least went for it. It was raw but she did her job.

by Anonymousreply 8102/01/2013

She exhibits the behavior of a daughter who has had an inappropriate relationship with her father. Maybe not full on intercourse but something was going on that was on the creepy side. She is far too driven, too calculating, too programmed and inauthentic; and, far too sexual in presentation originating far too young within the scope of daddy's approval and design. Dead eyes indeed. Somebody killed what's behind those eyes long ago. She's all price tag and glitter now layered over a deeply hidden anger. Somebody had better watch that baby of hers.

by Anonymousreply 8202/01/2013

NO, r71. Capisce?

by Anonymousreply 8302/01/2013

Clarkson can not be compared to Bey. Clarkson does one thing better than B and that's sing. Otherwise Clarkson is fat, fugly and immobile. B dances, moves around in heels, sings and has presentation Vegas like showmanship. Clarkson doesnt even sing substantially better than B either.

by Anonymousreply 8402/01/2013

Bey was not there to dance or put on a show, she was there to sing, which she did not do live because she was not prepared for it. She did not want to risk looking bad. No one wants to risk looking bad in anything they do, so that is why one prepares.

We know she *can* sing, but she didn't. She can spin it any way she wants, but she still fucked up. Why didn't she just send a cassette tape and a picture of herself?

by Anonymousreply 8502/01/2013

So it was in her contract that it must be live, r85? Otherwise you are not being accurate about what she was there to do. Hearing her voice was the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 8602/01/2013

In light of her vast wealth, fame and regular photo ops at 1600 PA Ave., I hope the OP is Bill Gates or Oprah Winfrey, because if not, I guess the OP is saying, "I speak from personal experience."

by Anonymousreply 8802/01/2013

The hate on Beyonce shows how insecure you are.

by Anonymousreply 8902/01/2013

Bey is a great performer. Her singing is average at best and her hair extensions are ridiculous. She obviously is not that intelligent, but that applies to a lot of performers. We "uppity" blacks cringe every time we hear her speak.

by Anonymousreply 9002/01/2013

Beyonce has no one to blame but her overly dramatic self: she really fucked herself over by pulling out her earpiece; she was in it to deceive and was caught within hours.

She's an eighth grade dropout that has gone on to immense wealth and success but her quest for perfection will be her downfall; the media has been covering for her for too long but they'll flip at some point. We saw it with Britney and will see it with her.

by Anonymousreply 9102/01/2013

Britney? Britney has never tried to be better than she is. She's the richest female performer in music yet she still goes out in little makeup and regular clothes.

by Anonymousreply 9202/01/2013

"We saw it with Britney."

Britney did it to herself. The press and a bunch of clueless gay men with no taste would have kept kissing her ass if she were not such a mentally ill trainwreck who should have never been performing in the first place. the woman had zero talent but was getting rave reviews in the music press and being called a great artist. Beyonce has never gotten that kind of respect by the media. The public, yes.

This is yet another attempt by the media to bring down a successful black woman. You can't have a successful black woman in the same league with these white women. Diana got it, Whitney got it (although drugs helped that), Janet got it and now Beyonce.

Nevermind the fact that Madonna never had the best talent but has been allowed to coast for four decades. We just ignore that.

If you're white and pretty, you always get a pass. No matter how raunchy you get or how talented you are.

by Anonymousreply 9302/01/2013

Elocution lessons should have been a priority - instead, as some else mentioned, she sings passibly, and speaks like Sug Avery. Not a good combo.

by Anonymousreply 9402/01/2013

Beyonce is the definition of simulacrum.

by Anonymousreply 9502/01/2013

Between the racist freeper trolls and the misogynist "Nancy Nitwit"s this place is becoming a toxic wasteland (which is just what the sockpuppets desire).

I don't know if Beyoncé is going to sing live at the Superbowl half-time show (I'd be shocked if she did - it's a recipe for a technical disaster) but before you get on your high horses about it please re-watch Madonna's 100% lipsynched performance from last year.

And I'm sure glad [italic]she[/italic] didn't sing live. She would have stunk up the joint.

by Anonymousreply 9602/01/2013

I never was crazy over Beyonce's voice, but she can put on one hell of a show. She is not the center attraction for nothing people. I hope she kills on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 9702/01/2013

r93 - delusional. The public love Britney, it's the media that treat her like crap. Beyonce, other way around. The public are lukewarm, the press adore her.

by Anonymousreply 9802/01/2013

This thread proves DLers know absolutely nothing about how the music business works.

by Anonymousreply 9902/01/2013

"it's the media that treat her like crap."

Rolling Stone has given her albums rave reviews, even referring to her as "pop music's stealth avant gardist". She was given the front and center position on the WOMEN IN ROCK issue, despite outcries from the public. Slate magazine has called her the best artist of the last twenty years.

If she didn't have her mental issues, she would be getting a free ride. This despite the fact that she has never oONCE sung live in her entire career. And her studio "voice" has always been autotuned to death.

That's why the outcry over one lipsynching performance by someone with talent is stupid. Even moreso saying she has no talent from people who have annoited the utterly talentless to superstar status.

by Anonymousreply 10002/01/2013

In her prime, Britney could dance Beyonce off the stage r100.

by Anonymousreply 10102/01/2013

r100 - idiot.

by Anonymousreply 10202/01/2013

I'm sorry but Britney's stiff, cheerleader hand motions does not qualify as dancing.

by Anonymousreply 10302/01/2013

Can't stand Beyonce, but comparing Britney to her is...ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 10402/01/2013

R102 That's not SINGING. That's flat and off key attempts at emoting.

Learn the difference.

by Anonymousreply 10502/01/2013

Britney is the bigger star. As a solo artist, Beyonce hasn't even outsold Alicia Keys and Adele has already matched her sales with 2 albums!

by Anonymousreply 10602/01/2013

r103 - surely you jest?! I didn't say Britney was a great singer, just that she has sang live and her voice is perfect for pop and dance music.

by Anonymousreply 10702/01/2013

Britney is also the bigger train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 10802/01/2013

[quote]she has sang

dumb ass crackahs

by Anonymousreply 10902/01/2013

Britney's "dancing" is very stiff. She has no natural rhythm and she can barely stay on beat. She moves like a cheerleader and her dancing consist of hand and arm motions. Only someone with no natural rhythm or dancing ability would think of her as a good dancer. I'm sure you also think Madonna is a good dancer.

by Anonymousreply 11002/01/2013

Britney has a voice. She tells a story.

by Anonymousreply 11102/01/2013

r110, that is a despicable lie.

by Anonymousreply 11202/01/2013

no r112, that is called reality.... something new in your life, eh?

by Anonymousreply 11302/01/2013

Beyonce isn't really a dancer either. Janet Jackson, Vanessa Williams and Mya are all better dancers than Mrs. Carter.

by Anonymousreply 11402/01/2013

Like I said you can't dance and you have no natural rhythm and that's why you think her stiff, barely on the beat, hand motions is dancing. She's a cheerleader not a dancer.

by Anonymousreply 11502/01/2013

Girls, girls...Britney and Beyonce both suck!

by Anonymousreply 11602/01/2013

I am so disgusted by r113's denial of Britney's natural ability. In attempting to strip away her integrity as a character, you see fit to deny her natural ability which is incredibly cruel and pig-headed of you. Just watch this and shut your mouth:

by Anonymousreply 11702/01/2013

Beyonce is no Ciara or Janet but she has natural rhythm and is a very competent dancer. Which is why people who don't even like her voice do like her stage show. And she does it in heels.

by Anonymousreply 11802/01/2013

by Anonymousreply 11902/01/2013

OP = John McCain on a lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 12002/01/2013

r119, I'd like to see you do a competent performance in the middle of a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 12102/01/2013

R121 send some pork rinds and cheetos to your idol and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 12202/01/2013

Shut your conceited mouth r122. I think Britney is rather spectacular coming through all of that media scorn. She leaves the artifice on stage, unlike another B I could mention.

by Anonymousreply 12302/01/2013

Britney is charismatic, Beyonce is not. It's not about Britney being a great dancer singer. Britney was just a fantastic performer. Anyone who saw her first four concert tours can attest to that. She looked, danced and sang (she on occasion sang live) the best during her Dream Within A Dream Tour.

That's really the difference between Brit and Bey, Brit has charm, appeal and is genuine. She has never pretended to be a great singer and she's never stolen writing credits unlike Beyonce.

Britney does have a voice that tells a story and she picks great songs for her albums. Blackout was one of the best albums of the last decade. Even with autotune and all that bullshit, Britney's voice pulls you in (even though it's obviously not a technically 'good' voice). The reason Britney's songs sells isn't because she's has a great technical voice. Christina Aguilera has a much better voice but Britney conveys emotional honesty when she's singing.

by Anonymousreply 12402/01/2013

No excuse for not singing live at the Presidential inauguration. Her Excuses demean the POTUS. She's a loser.

by Anonymousreply 12502/01/2013

Now let's get things in order.

First there is Whitney, head and shoulders and dead above the rest.

Then there is Celine and Mariah.

Next is Madonna and Janet. (don't bother arguing)

Adele and Kelly Clarkson follow. (They both sing better than M or J but are in this spot for lack of that dancing diva stuff the gay boys love plus weight penalties)

Jennifer Hudson comes next even though I can't stand her, I remain the objective messenger.

Here comes Beyonce !! She can't sing like Whitney (never) or as well as Kelly or Adele, and is not the singular entertainer and Icon that is Madonna or Janet. She is lacking in personality, and her style is derivative. She is dumb, but she can sing and is pretty.

Next is Rhianna and Gaga. There is no sense arguing. This is the order. There is real wattage and glamour with these two, but not so talented.

Katy Perry and Britney bring up the rear. Cannot sing at all, but have been packaged well, and are wildly successful. Like-able.

Pink asked not to be considered.

Aretha, Gladys and Diana are Hall of Famers, yet a gold a silver and a bronze.

Distinctions are important and should be noted.

Cher would be with Rhianna and Gaga, but did not meet the age requirements.

Tina Turner is the all round winner, a bit of everything, but not as good as each of them in their individual events. She has defected anyway and is older than Cher.

Patty Labelle and Streisand did not make the list.

There will be no discussion.

by Anonymousreply 12602/01/2013

The video linked at R119 is so pathetic. It's embarassing to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 12702/01/2013

Don't forget about Paula Abdul, R114. She was one of the better dancers of her day. She really was a cheerleader but she also had natural rhythm.

by Anonymousreply 12802/01/2013

Only total losers care about Beyonce lipsynching.

Who fucking cares. There are so many other pressing issues.

by Anonymousreply 12902/01/2013

[quote]Only total losers care about Beyonce.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 13002/01/2013

Thanks R130. That's actually what I meant too!

by Anonymousreply 13102/01/2013

She chose to stay in New Orleans and rehearse for the big pay day Superbowl appearance, with an estimated one billion audience, over the Inauguration, honoring her President, her country and her fellow Americans. She's all about getting paid and getting over. The news conference was scripted like a commercial. She's a well scrubbed hustling rube. Over paid and over rated. Can't wait till she's just over.

by Anonymousreply 13202/02/2013

I want her and Rihanna to be over. But I find RiRi a little more sympathetic. Both are awful.

by Anonymousreply 13302/02/2013

Who cares that she lip synched? It was cold, the sound system was questionable. It was the smart thing to do. Beyond that, though, Beyonce is a huge turn off to me because, in spite of the fact that she does have talent, she seems dumb as a bag of hair and has a thinly veiled ghetto accent. She cannot fully mask the ghetto acccent. She is thick and course and rough no matter how much make-up she wears or how big her hair gets. Gracious, refined and elegant performers of years ago (even though they could be divas and their images too, were manufactured) such as Diahann Carroll and Diana Ross may not have been brain surgeons but had CHARISMA and could be charming and articulate. They had STAR quality. Beyonce has something MISSING in there. Seriously. Quite seriously. If she is not literally stupid, she comes across that way. And, therefore, I cannot enjoy her music. I am always thinking "You dumb girl. You aren't fooling anyone."

by Anonymousreply 13402/02/2013

For the bickering queens.

by Anonymousreply 13502/02/2013

Just to say I love r58 for correctly putting the child at r54 in his place.

by Anonymousreply 13602/02/2013

Love it, R126. But what about Jennifer Lopez? Or does she not count?

by Anonymousreply 13702/02/2013

Beyonce is all about the show - not the voice. She has a mediocre voice at best with no power.

She needs near perfect and controlled conditions to sound decent.

by Anonymousreply 13802/02/2013

I think Beyonce would regard herself as a hybrid of Tina and Diana. Unfortunately, she is simply not distinctive enough to blaze her own trail.

by Anonymousreply 13902/02/2013

I felt embarrassed for the journalists who were woooooing like sorority girls at Beyonce's strained singing. They really eat up everything they're given.

by Anonymousreply 14002/02/2013

All of you haters will be proven wrong when she dances and SINGS tomorrow to billions of people around the world!

She will do everything LIVE and it will be perfect.

She will put all past Superbowl performances to shame!

by Anonymousreply 14102/02/2013

Your guess was correct, Jennifer Lopez does not count. Wise not to argue.

Yet there was an oversight, and I fear my pyramid will tumble when I attempt to find a spot for Christina Aguilera.

I won't show weakness now, but really she has fallen from our grace and landed on her ass, at the feet of the others. I forgot about her.

I remain objective and she does still belong, but where? You and only you R137 may offer your thoughts on this, but you are not allowed to question anything else, you understand.

I have created this Diva pyramid selflessly so that all would be clear and classified for DL folks and they could move on to Matt Bomer's ass, no longer worrying about who sings better than whom, or is the better entertainer.

Crafty Christina eluded me and I am afraid my pyramid will now crash like drunk cheerleaders.

Maybe she will die soon?

Where does she belong now ?

Her previous position, would have been all by herself, below Celine and Mariah, above Madonna and Janet. It was unstable, clearly.

What are your thoughts R137 ?

I think maybe she is side by side with Miss Hudson now. I must get it right, as there can be no arguing. (strategically this would strengthen the centre of my structure too - maybe it is my fault that Christina started to lose her voice and gain weight?)

I am no engineer you understand, but this is meant to be a definitive construct. There can be no arguing.....

by Anonymousreply 14202/02/2013

what she does at the superbowl has NOTHING to do with this thread, but of course some of you from some backgrounds dont understand that becasue it is all about some odd cultural signification that you cannot look beyond.

She lied to her audience at the inaugural by pulling off some phoney sham. Case closed.

She is a phoney and not a real artist regardless of what she does at the super bowl.

And that follows her forever. She cant be trusted. Who gives a shit about her

by Anonymousreply 14302/02/2013

R143 is the white gay liberal ( no such thing since most didn't even vote for Obama) who says that only black people like black celebrities and white people don't.

by Anonymousreply 14402/02/2013

LOL r142.

by Anonymousreply 14502/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!