Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

30 Rock finale

Apparently it was so bad I can't even find the thread that surely must exist.

But that was... just not funny.

by Anonymousreply 13602/16/2013

I didn't even crack a smile. I haven't regularly watched since S3, but thought maybe they'd pull something out for the final episode. But no. It sucked. And BTW , Lemon actually actually tells Jack that she loves him. *shivers*

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

And speaking of *shuddering* I see from the previews, that Kevin Spacey "dances" with Pacino. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

...On Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

I was the biggest fan of this show until Tina had her baby. The show lost it all then. Even Alec Baldwin says things changed after that kid in the Rolling Stone article about the show.

Proof that kids ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 402/01/2013

Sucked.

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

Very very bad finale. On the other hand, The Office was pretty fun with Dwight's friends from all the years showing up for a job interview.

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

Shut up, you factory-reject dildos!

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

That's just not true, skank at r4. Mom has never been better since I was born.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

It was great. No one liked the bitchy mom message board? The Office was shit, especially now that the boom operator is a cast member.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

Awful sow. Didn't laugh once. It went on and on. Zoned out on the laptop and hoped something would grab me. Didn't have to be an hour long.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

I only caught part of it. Were they showing what the characters would be like in the future? I just had surgery and am on vicodin, so my focus is a bit off tonight.

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

I thought it was GREAT! It was wacky and pitch perfect sentimental all at the same time. And (R6) has absolutely no taste if he thought The Office was funny.

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

I'll miss it terribly. I know it wasn't good anymore...but it was special to me.

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2013

r12 = Tina Fey, knocking back a bag of Oreos wondering if she did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2013

This is better:

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2013

I'll miss it too. Even at it's low ebb years there was usually something that made me smile.

The finale was a true turd though and I'm sorry about that but it's what I've come to expect. Favorites ending on a poor note.

30 Rock did make me a fan of Jane Krakowski however. I was so-so on her before this show but her character of Jenna was astoundingly, relentlessly self-absorbed and she played her to perfection.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2013

No, sorry dear r11, it really wasn't very funny.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013

Tina Fey had a kid before 30 Rock began

by Anonymousreply 1802/01/2013

Why take a hit show off? It was a good, quirky kind of show. And they're losing The Office. NBC won't recover. What they have left is shitty. I'm just going to watch the news on CNN now that all the good things are yanked.

by Anonymousreply 1902/01/2013

It had a lot of little laughs, but overall felt kind of off.

It doesn't really matter, though. The show was a true classic, and its reputation is only going to grow in the coming years.

The hottest sitcom creator of 2019 will claim 30 Rock as a huge influence.

by Anonymousreply 2002/01/2013

I fell asleep during it.

by Anonymousreply 2102/01/2013

One thing that's kinda fascinating about 30 Rock to me is that it got all kinds of acclaim and love, and was pretty consistently funny, in spite of the fact that the show's core concept never really worked that well. Liz Lemon's job running an SNL-style comedy show was virtually never the source of anything memorable on the show. During Scott Adsit's token bits I was thinking "Poor guy, seven seasons on this show and he never had one good scene." I always felt kind of bad for him and Judah Friedlander and the other writer characters, as their roles shrunk down to nothing.

Except Lutz, Lutz was funny.

by Anonymousreply 2202/01/2013

I couldn't tell when it ended. There was some car on at the very end that I first thought was the final scene.

I liked the Jenna Maroney lines and the Blimpies plot line had me laughing out loud. There was one Jenna Maroney line that really cracked me up. It was a quick aside where she reacts to something being said about here--oh, how the person whose DNA is tested is an Ashkenazi Jew.

Sad to see it end, but this last season was a snoozefest the way the first one was. I loved the seasons in between.

by Anonymousreply 2302/01/2013

[quote]the Blimpies plot line had me laughing out loud

That finally paid off with Lutz's rant at the end but until then I was thinking "Is this all they could come up with for these guys?"

by Anonymousreply 2402/01/2013

Too bad we were on PT when it aired and there is no blow by blow snark.

by Anonymousreply 2502/01/2013

I've never watched more that 5 minutes of this show. Didn't find it funny at all, just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2602/01/2013

I'm a huge fan of the show, but I have to admit, it will not go down as one of the most memorable final episodes ever produced. It could have been funnier. I think they tired a little too hard in some instances in packing too much in for the final hour. The resolution for Liz and Chris and the kids was too safe and predictable. Jack's breakdown was so improbable and his desperate longing for happiness only called attention to the non-existent child he had. Things I did like: There was an almost cyclical element in the story. When Liz finds Tracy at the strip bar, he is "singing" to Love is a Battlefield, just as in the first episode. I did like the twist on the St Elsewhere ending. Many long running shows have done that or something similar. Making it so the whole thing was really a pitch meeting taking place in the distant future was different.

by Anonymousreply 2702/01/2013

Just horrible. The whole "I MUST have a child at all costs!!!" fucking ruined the series. I didn't want to see Liz Lemon seriously pursuing adoption or fertility treatmentt or settling down with a dickless wonder with an overbite. I wanted to see the OTHER show --the one where Liz Lemon is the head writer of a tv show which has misfit writers, crazed stars and a semi-adversarial relationship with a ruthless, witty, ambitious boss. And where Liz dated people like Wesley Snipes (the British Wesley Snipes), Dennis and Carroll.

Tina Fey castrated a formerly great show with her baby nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 2802/01/2013

[quote]I've never watched more that 5 minutes of this show. Didn't find it funny at all, just annoying.

You have terrible taste.

by Anonymousreply 2902/01/2013

I liked seeing the running Mickey Rourke jokes addressed, they always made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 3002/01/2013

In the thread from the episode where they mentioned Danny got laid off (was that just last week?), someone posted that Cheyenne Jackson had tweeted that he'd be in the finale.

Did I miss him? Was he somewhere crammed in that closing TGS scene with what must have been as many cast and crew members as they could get on stage?

by Anonymousreply 3102/01/2013

So the finale sucked, and yet Third Rock has been beating out The Big Bang Theory for recent rewards. What's that about?

by Anonymousreply 3202/01/2013

It would have been great if Liz and Wesley "settled for" each other. They were a perfect match bitchery-wise.

by Anonymousreply 3302/01/2013

It wasn't horrible....it was actually pretty funny for the most part...but the Jenna parts fell completely flat. It was strange how one of the only consistently funny characters totally sucked in the finale. Meanwhile, Tracy had some of his best moments.

by Anonymousreply 3402/01/2013

Who are you assholes?? Amazing finale. I cried my eyes out. Maybe you need to be one of those people who has grappled with work and happiness, but it hit me in the gut. Especially Jack's crisis.

by Anonymousreply 3502/01/2013

You could tell Jane Krakowski must have been an emotional wreck behind the scenes. She looked like she was about to cry or had just been crying in all of her scenes. Took the bite out of her character.

by Anonymousreply 3602/01/2013

[quote] So the finale sucked, and yet Third Rock has been beating out The Big Bang Theory for recent rewards. What's that about?

Third Rock from the Sun? A show that hasn't been on for years?

And, uh, Big Bang Theory sucks dirty, moldy ass.

by Anonymousreply 3702/01/2013

I think the introduction of babies kill just about every show.

I Googled and surprisingly, or perhaps not, most of the TV critics thought it was excellent.

by Anonymousreply 3802/01/2013

The past 2 seasons have been awful but I am really sad to see 30 Rock leave. Seasons 1-5 were awesome. I agree about poor Jane K, she was really crying

by Anonymousreply 3902/01/2013

Apparently SOME people liked it a lot... just not the prissy bitches here at DL I guess:

by Anonymousreply 4002/01/2013

I wish we'd found out just what kind of Paranormal being Kenneth was.

by Anonymousreply 4202/01/2013

I think one of the reasons it didn't work that well is that the plot for the 100th episode should have been the plot for the series finale. That episode was fantastic. A lot of the storylines from the finale (Liz vs. Jack, the cancellation of TGS, callbacks to the pilot) were derivative of that episode, but fell victim to the law of diminishing returns.

That said, I'm really gonna miss this show.

by Anonymousreply 4302/01/2013

Rural juror.

by Anonymousreply 4402/01/2013

I will forever hate Tina Fey for letting that idiot Tracy Morgan back on the show after saying he'd stab his son if he said he was gay. She kept Morgan and simultaneously fired the most talented man on the planet, Cheyenne Jackson. That was too messed up for words. Keeping the horrible homophobe while firing the insanely talented and nice gay man. Fuck you Tina Fey.

by Anonymousreply 4502/01/2013

The Irma Luhrman-Merman murder Turned the bird's word lurid The whir and the purr of a twirler girl She would the world were demurer The insurer's allure For valor were pure Kari Wuhrer One fervid whirl over her turgid error Rural juror Rural juror I will never forget you Rural juror I'll always be glad I met you Rural juror

I will never forget you Rural juror I'll always be glad I met you Rural juror (x2) These were the best days of my flerm.

by Anonymousreply 4602/01/2013

It sucked. The awards are not about the acting or the writing. It's about the actors and their press.

by Anonymousreply 4702/01/2013

Cheyenne Jackson wasn't fired, R45.

R47 needs to put down the drink.

by Anonymousreply 4802/01/2013

I thought it was very funny. I'd love to know what makes some of you people laugh. This has always been one of the few shows that made me laugh out loud and I will miss it.

by Anonymousreply 4902/01/2013

Scott Adsit was relentlessly tiresome and mediocre. Judah Friedlander was repulsive. The thugs who played Tracy's bodyguards were amateurs to the very end. This was one of the weakest supporting casts ever.

by Anonymousreply 5002/01/2013

r50....your intelligence is pulp

by Anonymousreply 5102/01/2013

I did enjoy the very brief shot of James Marsden's feets but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 5202/01/2013

[quote]I think the introduction of babies kill just about every show.

We know!

by Anonymousreply 5302/01/2013

[quote]I think the introduction of babies kill just about every show.

told ya so

by Anonymousreply 5402/01/2013

It wasn't so bad. It was much better than recent episodes...

by Anonymousreply 5502/01/2013

The writing for the last 3 seasons seemed to cator towards the actors rather than the characters. The show revolved around Jenna and Tracey more than it should have. As if it was written into their contracts to have a certain amount of screen time. The result was that Jenna wasn't as endearingly self- absorbed as she had been. And we never really wanted to see more of the Tracey character anyway. We really wanted to see the writers and Jacks mom. Oh, well. We still have seasons 1-3 on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 5602/01/2013

Will Tina's career continue or will she fade to has been?

by Anonymousreply 5702/01/2013

I think Tina's career will be fine. She's a good writer. She's funny.

by Anonymousreply 5802/01/2013

Define "we", R56

by Anonymousreply 5902/01/2013

I wasn't a fan of "St. Elsewhere". Can someone explain what the reference was in the 30 Rock finale?

by Anonymousreply 6002/01/2013

I'm an eldergay and even I don't remember that.

by Anonymousreply 6102/01/2013

I'm gonna miss it too. I still think the last episode was garbage. The mom chat was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 6202/01/2013

[quote]It wasn't horrible....it was actually pretty funny for the most part...but the Jenna parts fell completely flat.

Wow, Jenna was the only part that made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 6302/01/2013

I did laugh too at Jenna flashing her tits.

by Anonymousreply 6402/01/2013

I never saw the point to Jenna until around Season 4 when she became an over the top, self-absorbed asshole. Tina Fey apparently agreed-she said in an interview that Jenna was an unfocussed sidekick type until she became who she became.

by Anonymousreply 6502/01/2013

bitch

by Anonymousreply 6602/02/2013

Jenna Maroney changed my life and I will forever miss her. Truly one of the best TV characters. She had the best lines.

I will be indebted to her talking about "Secreting" - meaning practicing the secret.

Jenna Maroney: Do you need a sex tape release? Because I've got a weird one. It's night vision and you can see that his buddy is robbing me.

jenna studied game show pointing and theatre superstitions, and also majored in portraying prom queens and murdered runaways

She has been in at least two three-ways, one with Tom and Roseanne Arnold (long after the couple was divorced), and another with two of the Backstreet Boys, in which she claimed she was "not really necessary." Jenna has also had a relationship with Mickey Rourke, and his attempts at killing her are a recurring joke on the series.

by Anonymousreply 6702/02/2013

The snowglobe was a nod to the St. Elsewhere finale. If you don't know what the St. Elsewhere finale was about, look it the fuck up. If you don't know what and when the snowglobe appeared in the 30 Rock finale, watch it the fuck on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 6802/02/2013

You're Mom and I, r59

by Anonymousreply 6902/02/2013

You're momma = your momma

by Anonymousreply 7002/02/2013

Actually, R67, Jenna admitted that she's never met Mickey Rourke in the finale.

by Anonymousreply 7102/02/2013

[quote]I never saw the point to Jenna until around Season 4 when she became an over the top, self-absorbed asshole.

Was she ever anything else? Did you mean episode 4?

by Anonymousreply 7202/02/2013

In spite of James Marsden's gorgeousness, I wasn't crazy about Liz ending up with him. I thought she deserved better than someone who was basically a nice version of Dennis.

by Anonymousreply 7302/02/2013

Ugly women like Tina Fey always create plots that have them dating hot guys (Nia Vardalos, SJP, Lena Dunham)

by Anonymousreply 7402/02/2013

"Ugly women like Tina Fey always create plots that have them dating hot guys (Nia Vardalos, SJP, Lena Dunham)"

That would be different from ugly men creating plots that have them dating women way out of their league how?

by Anonymousreply 7502/02/2013

I won't stand up for the other brassy, plain white women in r74's basket of voodoo dolls, but Tina's cute. If George Costanza can date models then Liz Lemon can marry Cyclops.

by Anonymousreply 7602/02/2013

That's a media writer thing, r74, affecting both genders

by Anonymousreply 7702/02/2013

In what universe is Tina Fey ugly?

by Anonymousreply 7802/02/2013

re: the supposition that Jane was genuinely crying during her emotional finale episodes.

In my experience, actors are emotional. They know how to turn it on. You write a scene where their characters should be crying, and they cry. It's not nearly as special as audiences think it is.

I find it more weird when they can't get choked up or cry when required, at this point. They all know how to do it. Truly.

Not to diminish the reality that this was an emotional finale for the actors, but, this was 2 episodes, 4 days an episode probably, so 8 12-hour days of shooting -- do you really think Jane was emotional just for the specific hours required? It just overcame her then and the camERahs captured it?

by Anonymousreply 7902/02/2013

It was a bit all over the place. Not on par with great episodes from earlier seasons. Maybe Tina was too busy with the GGs to focus. I think it's oddly fitting that the last few episodes sucked. In my opinion the show didn't get very good until a few episodes in. Makes me nostalgic.

by Anonymousreply 8002/02/2013

That finale was horrible. The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences should take back a few Emmy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 8102/02/2013

The critics certainly disagreed with R80 and R81. They praised the finale to high heaven - the entire last season, actually. It was a bit too meta for my taste, but overall, it was pretty good.

I always felt 30 Rock was a bit too lavished with praise by the critics and awards shows over its seven seasons.

by Anonymousreply 8202/02/2013

R80, the GGs weren't too blame. Fey didn't even fly out to L.A. to begin rehearsals until the Friday morning before the Jan. 13 show. Poehler spent the week of New Years volunteering at an orphanage in Haiti.

The jokes and bit were planned via email and phone calls over the course of a few weeks, by which time 30 Rock had finished filming.

by Anonymousreply 8302/02/2013

I rather liked the end.

I would have loved to see Cheyenne and the Queen of Jordan make a final appearance as well as that little hunchy woman who played different characters in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 8402/02/2013

It is odd that Rachel Dratch didn't appear in the finale. Dratch Avenger, was she asked or not?

I would have liked to have seen Jon Hamm's character one last time.

by Anonymousreply 8502/02/2013

[quote]You write a scene where their characters should be crying, and they cry. It's not nearly as special as audiences think it is.

Right, Joey gave the secret away in a an episode of "Friends" when he taught an acting class at the New School. He said you cut a whole in your pocket and keep a pair of tweezers there. When you need to cry, just start pulling away!

by Anonymousreply 8602/02/2013

I loved the finale - to each his own, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 8702/02/2013

Dratchy emailed Tina a while back and apologized and took the blame for all that happened. Tina didn't really respond. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 8802/02/2013

[quote]took the blame for all that happened

Took the blame for what, specifically? A lot happened (much of it only in the imaginations of DL denizens).

by Anonymousreply 8902/02/2013

Cheyenne Jackson is never, ever going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 9002/02/2013

A lot of the show's humor came from who Liz was dating. When she hooked up with Marsden, the air went right out of the balloon. His character was sappy and useless except as a plot device to get a baby for Liz, which should never have been a serious part of the show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 9102/02/2013

Please let this be the last we hear from Tracey Morgan...

by Anonymousreply 9202/02/2013

I did like the guy trying to run away from his family getting busted at the end. "get in the car!"

by Anonymousreply 9302/02/2013

I never cared for Kenneth. That actor better save his money.

by Anonymousreply 9402/02/2013

Am I the only person who thought a dishwasher with a see-through door would be the coolest thing ever?

by Anonymousreply 9502/02/2013

When I read some of these idiotic comments, I think some of you really ought to stick to old Lucy repeats.

by Anonymousreply 9602/02/2013

Scott Adsit was relentlessly tiresome and unfunny to the bitter end. Judah Friedlander was physically repugnant and unfunny to the bitter end. The two thugs playing Tracy's bodyguards were amateurish and unfunny to the bitter end. The little bitch who played the assistant was obvious and unfunny to the bitter end.

At least there was something consistent about this show.

by Anonymousreply 9702/02/2013

I agree about Judah Friedlander, R97. I like to eat dinner and watch TV, but I could never do that with 30 Rock because I found him so repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 9802/02/2013

I've missed you, DA. My faith in you was proven when Rachel Dratch two or three years ago gave an interview that basically confirmed (at least from her standpoint) everything you had told us a couple years earlier.

My questions, why did Dratch apologize to Fey? Did she realize she also had been in the wrong or did she just want to put it all behind her, even if that meant shouldering blame that wasn't hers? Why is Fey apparently holding a grudge?

If they still haven't made up, why was Dratch on the first live 30 Rock a couple years ago? Why did Fey call her "a dear friend" when recently giving a farewell video tour of Liz Lemon's office?

by Anonymousreply 9902/02/2013

In talking about a girl’s lunch before the show first aired, Jane said Tina told her everything she wanted for the show and it all came true.

I can hear Tina now: “I really want very disappointing ratings, so bad that the network would cancel us except they want to keep a good relationship with me in case, next time, I come up with something that people want to watch.”

by Anonymousreply 10002/02/2013

Dratch is a nutcase and a total disaster. Fey probably wants nothing to do with her world of crazy and I frankly cannot blame her. She's nuts.

Her career trajectory post-30 ROCK is evidence to that end.

In pointed juxtaposition, Jane Krakowski is one of the kindest, humblest and most talented TV stars working. She can do almost anything.

Fey made the right decision for the show and her sanity by replacing Dratch with Krakowski. The show benefited in ways it never would have otherwise and Krakowski is an elemental part of its success.

by Anonymousreply 10102/02/2013

Re: Tracy's bodyguards being "amateurs" - several years ago I was working in a play and when it came time to recast the lead role, the actor who plays DotCom auditioned and was called back. I read with the actors at the callbacks, and let me tell you, that guy is the real deal. This was a very complex character and he did a fantastic job with it.

by Anonymousreply 10202/02/2013

R101, Jeff?

by Anonymousreply 10302/02/2013

I didn't think the finale was the greatest ep, but man, did I love this show.

Jane Krakowski is a goddess. I can't imagine anyone else making Jenna that simultaneously monstrous and loveable.

I love Grizz and Dotcom.

Of Liz's boyfriends, Dennis and Jon Hamm were the funniest, but fuck, James Marsden is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 10402/02/2013

[quote]In pointed juxtaposition, Jane Krakowski is one of the kindest, humblest and most talented TV stars working. She can do almost anything.

Who would've thought Cousin Vicki from National Lampoon's Vacation would end up having the most successful career in the 21st century out of everyone else in the cast?

by Anonymousreply 10502/02/2013

I agree Jane Krakowski turned not much into a great part and a great comedic performance. Yep, they figured out how to give her the character and lines to work with, but she worked it.

by Anonymousreply 10702/02/2013

"Rachel acts her little heart out, but -- and I say this will love -- she's too ugly for TV."

-- Tina Fey

by Anonymousreply 10802/02/2013

In Rolling Stone, Fey says Dratch was too innately sweet for the part.

I can't imagine anyone else but JK in the part.

by Anonymousreply 10902/02/2013

The last season was sub-par and the finale reflected that. It all seemed like an afterthought. Which is a shame because this was a rather brilliant show and they should have tried harder. They were just phoning in the scripts for the last season.

Will always love Jenna, who was clearly based on the Ann Marie character from That Girl.

by Anonymousreply 11002/04/2013

Possibly a dumb question, but here goes...

Were any of the actors that played the TGS writers (Twofer, Lutz, Sue, etc.) actually writers for 30 Rock?

Judah Friedlander is the only one that I knew outside of the show, and since he's a comedian/writer I wondered if the others are as well.

They had some brown-haired chick sitting at the writers table with them during the finale (the Blimpies battle) that I don't think I've seen before. Was she an old cast member they brought back?

by Anonymousreply 11102/04/2013

They should have all died at the end.

Lutz should have taken them out.

by Anonymousreply 11202/04/2013

R108, with Lena Dunham's success, maybe there's still hope for Rachel Dratch. At least outside of network television.

by Anonymousreply 11302/04/2013

Your post makes no sense R114. None of the cast, except Fey occasionally, wrote their own lines.

by Anonymousreply 11502/04/2013

Check out my YouTube Channel! I'm Funny and Pretty!

by Anonymousreply 11602/04/2013

R114 = racist eldergay.

R111, I always thought Lutz was a writer on 30 Rock, but I guess I'm wrong. He was an SNL writer, though. I think most of the actual writers have only played bit and/or one-off roles on the show.

by Anonymousreply 11702/04/2013

just as a side note. I have often seen Lutz and the blond woman writer on the show who did some weird German accent, walking around together in NYC. I think they are a couple and I think they recently had a baby.

by Anonymousreply 11802/05/2013

R118, the blonde woman writer was actually Dutch, she was actually on the writing staff of the show and she really is pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 11902/05/2013

I did the IMDB research because I wasn't satisfied with the answers about the writers.

None of the TGS writing staff wrote for 30 Rock, including the actually pregnant Dutch woman who played Sue, R119. Sue Galloway is the actress' name and while she might write on the side, she only has acting credits on her resume.

John Lutz who played JD Lutz (part-Inuit bisexual) is a writer in real life (SNL credits from 2003 through 2010), but he also did not write for 30 Rock.

And neither Keith Powell, Judah Friedlander, or Lonny Ross (Twofer, Frank, and Josh, respectively) have any writing credits of any kind. So Friedlander must only write jokes for himself, if even that.

One of the articles I read was Keith Powell (Twofer) talking about how wild it was to sit in a reading with the actual show writers. He also said that the show was very scripted and allowed for very little ad libbing.

by Anonymousreply 12002/05/2013

A few years ago Alec Baldwin did a show at Guild Hall in East Hampton during hiatus. And who got the most attention? The actor who played Dotcom was in the audience and was practically mobbed in the lobby.

by Anonymousreply 12102/05/2013

What happened to Lonny Ross, the actor who played Josh? Did he quit the show or get fired? His character was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 12202/05/2013

This was a brilliant show in many ways, and reliably funny. I think it was WAY over the heads of the general public, and hence its always mediocre-to-poor ratings.

But I kind of agree with r50. The supporting cast was very weak. Tina / Alec / Tracey / Jane were terrific, but most others were distractingly bad. I never, ever, ever understood why the Kenneth was supposed to be funny. I just found him irritating. The writers were repulsive and gross.

by Anonymousreply 12302/05/2013

R122, I noticed him in a commercial that ran during the finale.

by Anonymousreply 12402/05/2013

My favorite scene from the entire series is the montage where Jenna remembers fondly of her stalker to Sarah McLachlan's "I Will Remember You".

by Anonymousreply 12502/05/2013

I think a particularly weak supporting cast was hired on purpose to make Fey and Baldwin the unquestionable stars.

by Anonymousreply 12602/05/2013

How come no Dr Spaceman on the finale? Love that character! He was a little cutie too

Also, love love love Jane K!!! Never heard of her before this show. I hope she has a good career post 30 Rock

I'll miss this show - not perfect - but wonderful!!!

(Bossypants was a hoot!)

by Anonymousreply 12702/09/2013

Spaceman's fate was addressed in one of the episodes just before the finale, r127. He was made U.S. Surgeon General...of course.

He spoke to the camera and said something along the lines of "That's a wrap on me, folks."

by Anonymousreply 12802/09/2013

"Cheyenne Jackson is the most talented man on the planet??" What planet are you from?

by Anonymousreply 12902/09/2013

I think both Baldwin and Fey had reached the end of their passion for this show. It had a good run, the finaled was a mess with some good lines. It was time to put this to bed.

by Anonymousreply 13002/09/2013

Fey seemed like she had it up to her eyebrows with Morgan's and Baldwin's antics. Between Morgan's standup comedy controversies and health programs and Baldwin's threats to quit the show each year and criticism of the show's writing, I don't blame her.

The ghost of Rachel Dratch seemed to haunt Fey as well.

by Anonymousreply 13102/09/2013

30 Rock may be over, but we will always have 1-900-OK-FACE.

by Anonymousreply 13202/12/2013

That episode was one of the best R132!

by Anonymousreply 13302/13/2013

" think a particularly weak supporting cast was hired on purpose to make Fey and Baldwin the unquestionable stars."

What? I couldn't agree more - loved the supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 13402/16/2013

Of course I meant "disagree" more...

by Anonymousreply 13502/16/2013

I missed the opening episodes of this last mini season but saw the first on a plane (I think it was... Jack was attempting to destroy NBC.) I thought it was hilarious... vintage 30Rock. I don't know where it went off the rails this season but will keep trying to catch up... I know the finale was total crap. And episode before where she got those kids.

by Anonymousreply 13602/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.