Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who are you for in the Super Bowl and why?

San Francisco or Baltimore?

by Anonymousreply 5201/27/2015

San Fran can, under no circumstances, get another ring!!

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

I don't care, because I am an American gay man and most of us don't give a shit about football or other team sports.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Hate Frisco and anyone I've had to deal with from there.

Love Baltimore and its wonderful quirkiness.

Go Ravens!

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

Go 49ers!

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Baltimore is the armpit of the Northeast.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

Don't care.. turning in my lesbian card now!

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

SF is a lock to win.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

Frisco is the shithole of America.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

Ray Lewis got away with murder and is the reason Atlanta's bars close early, so fuck that crying piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

Fourth-generation San Franciscan, and I agree with R2.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

I'm rooting for IKEA

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

It's a really bad Superbowl matchup. SF is a glamor team, but has no superstar to root for. Baltimore is a fading blue collar team that is incredibly boring to watch.

Denver or New England were the biggies in the AFC that the NFL wanted to go.

Any NFC East team or the Packers from the NFC.

All that said, the Niners should win.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

Ravens. Baltimore born and raised, and we EARNED IT! After last year's near-miss loss to the Pats that would have sent us to the SB, we came back strong this year, and Flacco proved that he can show up when needed, taking down Manning and Brady when it counted the most. Besides, we haven't been to the big game in over a decade. It's time.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2013

Ravens because it would kill my brother in law.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2013

Ravens beat my beloved Pats so go SF!!

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013

The Super Bowl? That's like, golf, right? Baseball?

by Anonymousreply 1802/01/2013

You all must be really queeny, cus I am going to my local gay bar where it will be on the big screen, and not just for the commercials. Its not the only gay bar in town doing this.

What else are you going to do, watch Golden Girls?

by Anonymousreply 1902/01/2013

Fantasy football

by Anonymousreply 2002/01/2013

The Ravens! Joe Flacco is in my top 5 QB'S and he deserves it.

I'm also a huge Cowboys fan and both Dallas and the 49ers are tied in second place with 5 Superbowl rings behind the Steelers and their rapist QB with 6 rings.

The 49ers can't untie with the Cowboys to be the NFC team with the most Superbowls, that shit can't happen!

by Anonymousreply 2102/01/2013

So, a team that has a murderer as the its face vs. a team that harbors a member who hates gays and is not hesitant to spew his bile. I'll pass on this one.

by Anonymousreply 2202/01/2013

[quote]You all must be really queeny, cus I am going to my local gay bar where it will be on the big screen, and not just for the commercials. Its not the only gay bar in town doing this.

Huh? That's pretty random. We're all queeny because you're going to a gay bar? How does that make the others in this thread queeny? No one is/was even talking about where they'll be watching, do your location of a gay bar somehow making everyone else queeny by comparison is probably the queeniest declaration in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2302/01/2013

Fuck R19, and fuck the Superbowl. Football is for retards.

by Anonymousreply 2402/01/2013

Not really excited about either (rather a "meh" SB matchup this year) But I am looking forward to the commercials & nachos

by Anonymousreply 2502/01/2013

It will be a great match-up.

Close in score, but the Niners will take it.

by Anonymousreply 2602/01/2013

I'll be at the Penguins/Caps game instead. Not a football fan.

by Anonymousreply 2702/01/2013

It's not who I'm for, I'm against the 49rs as long as hate-mongering homophobe Chris Culliver is on the team.

by Anonymousreply 2802/01/2013

Will this help Baltimore finally get over losing the Colts?

by Anonymousreply 2902/01/2013

49ers! I am a 3rd generation San Franciscan and grew up watching the 49ers. I knew some of the most famous players personally because dad did a lot of business with one of them. I wish my father was around to see the game, he would have been thrilled!

by Anonymousreply 3002/01/2013

[quote]What else are you going to do, watch Golden Girls?

Is there a Superbowl Sunday GG marathon? I would totally watch that. And I really couldn't give a flying fuck at the moon if you think that makes me queeny, queen.

by Anonymousreply 3102/01/2013

I can smell the Jean Nate in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3202/01/2013

Before, it used to be fun to go to the mall or Ikea during The Game, but now those places are always swamped with clueless foreigners.

by Anonymousreply 3302/01/2013

Sally Field!

by Anonymousreply 3402/01/2013

I care nothing for this game or its players. But I will support San Francisco, since it is the gay city.

by Anonymousreply 3502/01/2013

r10, he was never accused of actually killing anyone.

The two guys he was with got into it outside a club and ended up killing the guy with whom they argued.

They got into Lewis' car and drove away.

The exact level of his involvement was never determined--i.e., did he order them to kill the guy, or did they just all get into it and it was a melée, etc.

IIRC, there was never any solid indication that Lewis himself did the stabbing.

I'm not saying he was totally innocent, but it was not clear then or now exactly what happened.

by Anonymousreply 3602/01/2013

Yay, R24. Who the fuck asks a question like that on a forum like this?

by Anonymousreply 3702/01/2013

I don't care because...I don't care.

by Anonymousreply 3802/01/2013

I'm just glad it isn't happening where I live, and even more glad that the team that plays here isn't in it.

by Anonymousreply 4002/01/2013

Ravens! I always go for teams that are underdog or anti-glamour! Blue Collar teams all the way. I also have no time for heavily Christian/New City teams either, like Jacksonville or Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 4102/01/2013

Niners. I'm from the area and know players and coaches peripherally. The 49rs seem like an underdog compared to past glory days.

Yeah, R28, Chris Culliver brought on bad karma, but his explanation was classic. “The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel.”

It's cool the coaches are brothers.

by Anonymousreply 4202/01/2013

With Brendan Ayanbadejo of the Baltimore Ravens speaking out so forcefully for marriage equality, I have to support Baltimore.

Besides, Baltimore is a fascinating city. True, there are parts of west Baltimore that are as scary as any place on earth, much of the city is beautiful and very, very charming. I think people who get to know Baltimore find it to be one of the quirkiest, most fun places in America. It's no wonder John Waters is so devoted to it. It's a city with a great sense of humor, and there really is no harbor in America as fun as Baltimore harbor on a pretty day. And where else would you find crazy amazing fun stuff like the American Visionary Arts Museum, Hon Fest, the Kinetic Sculpture Race and Artscape? What other town makes such a fuss over a giant pink poodle named Fifi? Baltimore is a very gay-friendly city and it is full of character.

by Anonymousreply 4302/01/2013

Not watching it.

by Anonymousreply 4402/01/2013

I second the reference to Brendon Ayanbadejo as the reason for my preference of the Ravens. I am so in awe of that man and of his adamant support for gay marriage. He must be getting shit from the homophobic cunts in the locker room. I for one am truly grateful.

by Anonymousreply 4502/01/2013

"What else are you going to do, watch Golden Girls?"

I'm meeting up with R12.

by Anonymousreply 4602/01/2013

Don't really give a shit. But the commercials are fun! Thank God for Youtube, now I don't have to sit through 4 innings or whatever the fuck to watch them all.

by Anonymousreply 4702/01/2013

I am very fond of Baltimore the city but I've never understood how anyone could watch a game where you can't see the faces of the athletes.

That makes football as interesting as watching ants running around. No, actually the ants are far more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4802/02/2013

By Chuck Schilken

February 4, 2013, 8:31 a.m.

If Joe Flacco wasn't a household name before the Baltimore Ravens' 34-31 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII, he certainly is now.

That's because a record number of households were watching Flacco's MVP performance Sunday night, according to early overnight ratings released by the Nielsen Co.

The game scored a 48.1 rating and a 71 share in a select measurement of big cities, which would make it the most-watched TV event in U.S. history.

The Green Bay Packers' win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2011 drew a 47.9 rating; the New York Giants' victory over the New England Patriots in 2012 got a 48.1 rating.

Those two games and the 1983 series finale of "MASH" were the only three broadcasts in history to top the 100-million view mark. This year's Super Bowl is sure to join the list when Nielsen releases its estimate of how many people watched the game later Monday.

One ratings point represents 1% of the nation's estimated 114.7 million TV homes. The share means that 71% of TVs that were on at the time were tuned to the Super Bowl.

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2013

Wonder what Ray Lewis is going to do in retirement, now that he has all this TIME TO KILL?

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2013

Ray Lewis, I'mma let you Finnish, I'm sorry but O.J. Simpson was the best murderer of all time!

by Anonymousreply 5102/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!