Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you believe in destiny?

Moments ago, I met a guy that I instantly fell in love with. Unfortunately, we didn't talk at all. Hopefully fate/destiny or whatever's up there will have us meet again.

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2014

I was on a plane and before takeoff this really nice hottie came and sat next to me and we began to chat...it didn't get off the ground, though.

Speaking of that, before takeoff a stewardess came up to us and asked if one of us would mind moving so two sisters could sit together.

"Unless you two are together?"

"I'll always wonder," I deadpanned as I gathered up my belongings.

I think it got a chuckle.

He was probably straight.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

There was just something in my eye, OP. Better luck next life.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

No, there is no such thing as predetermined destiny or 'God has a plan for you' or predertermined fate or 'God doesn't give you anything you cannot handle' or 'there is nothing you could have done because what happened was set to happen' or 'God is controlling what happens to you'.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

OP, you have no obligation to move to a different seat because two sisters want to sit together or because any two people want to sit together.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Those two bitches!

by Anonymousreply 502/01/2013

Our human nature is to find pattern and meaning. We create what you may loosely refer to as 'destiny'.

Like a needle on a record, we run what we perceive to be logical, predictable progressions until life events make the needle jump to a new song or stick in the same repetitive groove.

Flirting on a flight where two men are traveling to the same destination and, perhaps, leaving at the same time can create hope that there is a probability that they will meet again.

A true free spirit would post something on craigslist and Facebook or some media that relates to the small talk.

by Anonymousreply 602/01/2013

Anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 702/01/2013

That wasn't love, OP.

It may have been lust, or fascination, but you don't fall in love with someone who you didn't even speak to.

by Anonymousreply 802/01/2013

Destiny, aka fate, aka luck, aka odds, aka que sera sera is often ascribed by religion to gods or saints or the devil or to the evil of other religions.

It's a fools game to leave the realm of luck and odds.

by Anonymousreply 902/01/2013

There is a destiny that makes us brothers;

None goes his way alone:

All that we send into the lives of others

Comes back into our own.'

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

Yes, Destiny was the chubby black girl on OLTL that got pregnant by the Buchannan boy. Destiny (or D) is for realz!

by Anonymousreply 1102/01/2013

No, but I do enjoy Destiny's Child.

by Anonymousreply 1202/01/2013

I don't believe in DestiNY USA in Syracuse.

by Anonymousreply 1302/01/2013

Send In The Clowns

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2013

Why did you yield to heterosexit opressors, R1. Typical entitled fish wanting others to pave the way so they could maintain some fantasy community or family they had.

Tell them to grow up and book their reservations in time if it matters that they sit together. How old were they, 8?

by Anonymousreply 1502/01/2013

no.

by Anonymousreply 1602/01/2013

Agreed, R15. Typical fish entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 1702/01/2013

No. It's all random chance.

by Anonymousreply 1802/10/2014

Destiny, destiny, no escaping that for me.

by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2014

I believe in dentistry.

by Anonymousreply 2002/10/2014

I believe the children are our future.

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2014

[quote]Hopefully fate/destiny or whatever's up there will have us meet again.

Sounds like a theme for a song to be recorded by Vera Lynn.

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2014
Need more help? Click Here.