Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The matrix

I've never the movie but have heard a lot of references to it growing up. I watched the trailer and found it very boring and violent. What did you think of the movie?

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

The Matrix itself was one of the most important movies of its decade (the 90s), particularly in expressing a sort of paranoid reaction to computers. Many of the visual effects were path-breaking.

The sequels, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

It was incredible and the effects were very innovative when it came out. I was 18 when I watched it so it blew my mind. Of course, it's been copied to death (particularly the slow-mo action) so if you didn't see it before, you'll probably think it's just okay.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Do we have a "leave one word out" OP troll? Or is one person starting all of these threads?

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

Hi OP!

I never saw "The Matrix."

Matter of fact, I don't "do" movies at all. Not a film buff.

Wish I could help ….

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Sharon Stone doing kung-fu in crotchless PVC? Better than any of her other beaver work.

River Pheonix was heartbreaking as Lucy Lawless' pregnant man/girlfriend. Such pathos. Spoiler: he/she dies giving birth to Luke and Lea.

Jonathan Harris as Agent Smith was truly evil.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

Loved "The Matrix"! When it came out it was a unique, suspenseful, and atmospheric film, starring the most beautiful leading man of the time. Great score, fun cinematography and special effects, even a touching love story. What's not to love?

Well, the sequels...

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

It was both boring and cool. No small feat.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

LOVE Carrie-Ann Moss!

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

An awesome movie.

The second movie wasn't good.

The third movie was so bad that it retroactively made the second movie horrible.

I pretend the second two movies don't exist.

I still love the original movie.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

It's one of those movies that I thought was great in the movie theater (because the sounds and effects play better on the big screen), but isn't as great when you watch it on a regular television.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

I dunno, R10, I still think it's great even watching it on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.