Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The matrix

I've never the movie but have heard a lot of references to it growing up. I watched the trailer and found it very boring and violent. What did you think of the movie?

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013

The Matrix itself was one of the most important movies of its decade (the 90s), particularly in expressing a sort of paranoid reaction to computers. Many of the visual effects were path-breaking.

The sequels, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

It was incredible and the effects were very innovative when it came out. I was 18 when I watched it so it blew my mind. Of course, it's been copied to death (particularly the slow-mo action) so if you didn't see it before, you'll probably think it's just okay.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Do we have a "leave one word out" OP troll? Or is one person starting all of these threads?

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

Hi OP!

I never saw "The Matrix."

Matter of fact, I don't "do" movies at all. Not a film buff.

Wish I could help ….

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Sharon Stone doing kung-fu in crotchless PVC? Better than any of her other beaver work.

River Pheonix was heartbreaking as Lucy Lawless' pregnant man/girlfriend. Such pathos. Spoiler: he/she dies giving birth to Luke and Lea.

Jonathan Harris as Agent Smith was truly evil.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

Loved "The Matrix"! When it came out it was a unique, suspenseful, and atmospheric film, starring the most beautiful leading man of the time. Great score, fun cinematography and special effects, even a touching love story. What's not to love?

Well, the sequels...

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

It was both boring and cool. No small feat.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

LOVE Carrie-Ann Moss!

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

An awesome movie.

The second movie wasn't good.

The third movie was so bad that it retroactively made the second movie horrible.

I pretend the second two movies don't exist.

I still love the original movie.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

It's one of those movies that I thought was great in the movie theater (because the sounds and effects play better on the big screen), but isn't as great when you watch it on a regular television.

by Anonymousreply 1002/01/2013

I dunno, R10, I still think it's great even watching it on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1102/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!