Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Another supposed "In Thing To Do"

I have a Jewish friend. Been friends with him and his family for years. His family pretty much dumped me when they found out I was gay but my friend and I are still close. Even though his parents aren't thilled about it.

Anyway, He told me that his church is telling them what to say when asked about homosexuality. They are told to say "God is love and that we aren't to judge". He said that there is too much backlash in being honest. This way makes it look like you support homosexuality but you don't have so say that you do. I told him I thought it was a cop out but he said said the Church had to do something and this way no one will probes further. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

I have no problem with that. As long as they don't try to impose their religious convictions on everybody else, I don't care what anybody believes.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

Your Jewish friend told you about his Church? Just how close are you?

Ecumenically Sensitive Too?

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

There are too many lies in this post to enumerate.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

Don't waste your time with anyone who has to rely on religion or church to think for them

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

OP is trolling.

Don't feed the fundie troll.

Kill it. With fire.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

Friends with a family for years and he thinks his Jewish friends go to church.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

Supposing this is true -

most gay people can see right through that kind of bullshit "love the sinner - hate the sin" idiocy...

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

I'm with r1.

Who gives a shit what sky-friend-worshiping infantile nitwits think? As long as they're not passing laws to govern my life and my choices, they're free to believe whatever they want.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

Whatever happened to Planking?

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

Well, to be fair, the Jewish Pope refrained from attacking the gays in his Christmas Mass last year.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

I hate that Jews think condescending thoughts about us while singing "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" along with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

It bugs me when Jewish people hog all the Easter eggs.

Also, the ham.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

Your friend is Jewish but follows a church?

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!