Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dog condemned to death row because his owner thought he was gay

US: Dog condemned to death row because his owner thought he was gay

by Joseph Patrick McCormick, 31 January 2013, 1:05pm

A dog in Tennessee will be put down today at an overcrowded kennel. He came to arrive there because his owner thought that he was gay.

The dog, whose name is unknown, is to be put to death today at an animal control centre in Jackson, Tennessee, after he was left there by his owner who thought he was gay.

According to the owner, the dog was seen “hunched over” another male dog, and so he thought he was showing signs of being gay.

Historically such behaviour was seen as a sign of dominance, and wouldn’t be indicative of a dog’s sexual orientation.

More recent research from shows research which suggests that such behaviour is “merely a nonspecific sign of arousal”, and that dogs will hump other dogs, or inanimate objects for “play” reasons, or because of nervousness or excitement, and that it is not necessarily a sign of sexual urge.

Those critical of the decision by the owner leading up to these events, have said that, even if the behaviour did indicate that the dog was gay, it wasn’t a reason to warrant turning him in to an overcrowded kennel.

A statement on the Facebook post giving details of the dog read that the shelter “open at 9 a.m. and he will die by 1 p.m. if not adopted as he was an owner surrender. Adoption fee is 38.00 and that only includes a voucher for a rabies shot. He looks to be a pit/american bulldog mix.”

The post, by a Facebook account named, Jackson TN Euthanasia, notes that the dog is located at Jackson Rabies Control, 146 Miller Ave, in Jackson, Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 4701/31/2013

Jackson TN Euthanasia Facebook page

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

die R2

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

I really hope that someone who has a spot for this dog saves it.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Sickening. Who was the owner? Name and shame.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

omg WHO is this r2 creature?!!

Hideous troll.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

no worries, r2. if i knew you irl i would stay FAR away.

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

What kind of parents raised a soulless, heartless R2? Were you abused as a child? Your mother must have abandoned you, and probably had no clue who your father was.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

If only it was possible to put down r2.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

WTF? What an idiot.

Poor dog.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

The owners an idiot! It's unfortunate that people like him even exist.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

r2 is posting from his bunker in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

He's such a cute dog. This is a depressing story.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2013

The fact is, it's a pit bull mix, which aren't known for their docile temperament. However, saying it's gay is nothing but attention getting propaganda.

If the person who had the dog stated something like, " I'm getting rid of the dog because he's trying to dominate every dog around him", the story wouldn't have the spin.

Plus, it's Tennessee, enough said!

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2013

Clear your cookies-much, r17?

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2013

Yeah, and there's always got to be a son-of-a-bitch like YOU in the thread, r2 and r10.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2013

Owners should never own Pitbulls, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 2101/31/2013

R22 = Michael Vick

by Anonymousreply 2301/31/2013

Why not? the last Pitbull I came into contact with was hanging out of a car window while his owners were getting gas. I gave him a hug and a kiss and he was as friendly as could be.

by Anonymousreply 2401/31/2013

I don't want a loser like yourself agreeing with me R2.

by Anonymousreply 2601/31/2013

[quote]And yet we'd support the right to abort a fetus if in the future there was a test to determine its sexuality.

No, hon, we support a woman's right to control her own uterus NOW, not just in some theoretical future, contingent upon the invention of a test to determine a fetus's sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 2701/31/2013

Are you gay R2? I'm not an "animal rights" nut but I believe the reason for this man's executing his dog is terrible and if you support this man's excuse you are obviously homophobic or extremely self-loathing.

This dog did not attack anyone, it just appeared to be "humping" another dog which is what dogs fucking do. This is why there is so much outrage over this.

by Anonymousreply 2801/31/2013

Poor dog. Not to mention the others who will eventually be euthanized because idiots don't take responsibility for their own dogs.

by Anonymousreply 2901/31/2013

I volunteer as a dog walker at the RISPCA and have for the past 10 years and some of the best and worst dogs have been pitbulls. When the dog is balanced they are the best breed ever, but because so many of them come from horrible environments and fucked up gene pools they can have major behavioral issues. Most of this comes out in aggression against other dogs and not humans (in my experience anyway). As far as this asshhole getting rid of his dog because he felt it was "gay" well that's one of the more original reasons I've come across. It's no worse than the family who got rid of their cocker spaniel because it was going to cost them more to board while they went on vacation than it was to just spend the 80.00 to relinquish it to the pound. Nothing surprises me anymore. Some people should just be shot.

by Anonymousreply 3001/31/2013

Update for a friend:

It's been confirmed that he's safe and sound now - a dedicated rescue group in Chicago pulled him from the shelter in TN - so I'm sure he'll find a forever home in no time!

by Anonymousreply 3201/31/2013

R31 why are you on a gay board? You are obviously a conservative male who thinks poorly of women and "feminism"?

by Anonymousreply 3301/31/2013

R2 is an awful person on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2013

US: ‘Gay’ dog saved after being condemned to being put down

by Anonymousreply 3501/31/2013

It's hard to tell satirical news from real news lately.

by Anonymousreply 3601/31/2013

[quote]. But the feminists & their knee jerk supporters have subverted liberalism to serve their interests.

by Anonymousreply 3701/31/2013

Thanks for posting, R35. So glad to hear he's safe.

by Anonymousreply 3801/31/2013

The former owner was clearly a homosexualist.

by Anonymousreply 3901/31/2013

I think it's time for 4Chan to do some investigating as to who the dim bulb who gave up the dog is. That would be a fun follow up.

by Anonymousreply 4001/31/2013

I'm outraged that someone wanted to kill a dog for being gay, he was just born that way. Kill an animal for a good reason, like fur, but don't kill them for being gay!

by Anonymousreply 4101/31/2013

[quote]You parrot the company feminist line well, [R27], but you fail to grasp, dear, that the pro-life position is the traditional liberal position.

Sweetheart, my position is that a woman gets sovereignty over her own body. Whether you choose to call that liberal or conservative is of no importance to me.

by Anonymousreply 4201/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 4301/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 4401/31/2013

Anyone think this might turn out to be a hoax?

by Anonymousreply 4501/31/2013

Of course R45. In Jackson, Tennesse, it would be more usual for them to shoot the gay dog.

by Anonymousreply 4601/31/2013

How many of you are finding it HAWT to think about how sexy a dead gay pit bull is? I'll bet R3 is.

by Anonymousreply 4701/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!