Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rand Paul: 'I believe in traditional marriage. I really don’t understand any other kind of marriage." - VIDEO

Senator Rand Paul called into AFA hate group leader Bryan Fischer's radio show yesterday to talk about a variety of topics, but, given Fischer's obsession with gays, it eventually swung around to that, Raw Story reports:

“I believe in traditional marriage,” he said during an interview with Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association. “I really don’t understand any other kind of marriage. Between a man and a woman is what I believe in, and I just don’t think it is good for us to change the definition of that.”

Paul noted that his state, Kentucky, had approved a constitutional amendment to prohibit same-sex marriage. He said he was “not sure” about DOMA, but warned the federal law could result in conservatives losing “the battle for the whole country.”

Paul said marriage rights should be decided state-by-state rather than nationally so that “urban centers” couldn’t dictate the law.

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2013

I'm waiting for our resident Libertarians to start scrambling trying to convince us that their movement is pro-gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

Rand's a Republican, not a Libertarian. Ron is a Libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Same thing.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Well, anyone who calls into a show like that is going to spout the right-wing party line.

Besides, isn't Rand Paul a darling of the Tea Party (aka The Christian Right)?

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

I'm stopping at some of the political threads to mention that I've received e-mail from some group called "Our America" out of Salt Lake City Utah. They start out decrying the Patriot Act and the real agenda is gun control.

They, of course, insist that the federal government is the enemy and is infringing on our rights by attempting to "use the Newtown massacre as an excuse to take our guns." The government, of course is destroying our freedoms, etc.

I am a Progressive. I have never in my life subscribed to or supported anything resembling a Conservative position or candidate. I am wondering if Romney is imitating Obama and eciding to set up an organization to affect legislation and elections.

I know Obama set up a post -election organization as a sort of response to the Citizens United effects of Rove & the Koch brothers and I wonder if Romney is now part of something thru the Mormons?

Anyone else get this crap? I don't support Ron Paul who is the biggest damned phony out here and both a racist & a homophobe, and Rand Paul who is just an insane pig. I think there is an extreme Right Wing agenda that is spoiling for an armed confrontation. In their deluded minds they think revolution is imminent. They scare me.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

Why are they trying to promote Rand Paul as a Presidential candidate for 2016? He's only been in the Senate for 2 years.

Does he have any base of support outside Kentucky?

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

What's that you were saying, fact-free idiot Libertarian apologist R2?

[quote]“You know, what I’ve been talking to leaders in the national Republican Party about is, there’s certain parts of the country we’ve given up on. The whole west coast and New England. What I keep telling them is, [bold]maybe we need some libertarian type Republicans who might be popular in those areas. Maybe a less aggressive, more socially tolerant but still fiscally conservative policy that may be more libertarian. [/bold]Might do better in California, might do better in Oregon and Washington and New England, and I think if we had that it would be a great strategy. Our problem in the presidential election is we’ve given up 150 electoral votes before we even get started.”

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

There are so many things Rand doesn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 901/31/2013

Once I see his hair I can't take anything he says seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

You notice that Bryan Fischer didn't ask Rand Paul any questions about his son being recently arrested for intoxication at an airport.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

He looks like a blooming idiot

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

I believe in the separation of church and state.

I believe all men (and women) are created equal.

I believe in no taxation without representation -- or in this case, fair legal rights.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

Rand Paul is yet another legacy dumbass coasting through an unearned political career.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

Hey, R13. The no taxation without representation? WTF does that mean? Because in a representative democracy, a Republic, which is what we have, we elect people to represent our interests. On our behalf, they levy taxes to pay for the costs of government.

Taxes are a responsiblity of citizenship. There are people in this country that feel so entitled, they expect government to be there when they it, but trash "the government" and paint it as evil,justifying lack of respect for the community of interests we share with other American citizens.

These Extremists promote the myth that taxes are an imposition and government is evil. But government is us. Average everyday citizens who work every day to provide services like police, fire, food safety, public education, transportation safety, regulation of commerce, and a host of other services.

My freedom isn't diminished because the health department inspects restaurants, or sponors immunizations for chicken pox. Are there inequities? Yes. Do some people abuse power? Yes. Are certain actions unfair or unfairly applied and subjective? Yes.

We are a government of men, and men make mistakes in judgement& and screw up. But we do get it right most of the time, all things considered. What's important is that we have a mechanism in this country to seek redress of grievances thru our courts. Because we are also a government of laws. We may not agree with decisions or actions, but we abide.

What I get offended by, are these filthy Right Wingers who hate our government, and want to dismantle it, and have used the very mechanisms of our freedom, our laws and rules, to obstruct, and ignore,distort and lie to us.

They act against the interests of the people they have sought to represent. So fuck them. Because right now, Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan and all those other rat bastards are traitors to the government and the Constitution they swore to uphold, s far as I'm concerned.Rand Paul & Ron Paul too.

So when I see "No taxation without representation," I think of Cantor, Ryan, Paul & Paul, et al, who practice expediency for themselves, and imposeburdens on the rest of us. Anyone who's infatuated with their utterances needs to examine their record, their actions, and where they get their money. It's very illuminating.

The real joke in all this, is that someone always pays. We get nothing free. If we dismantle government services and functions and privatize everything so we are in fact a corporate police state, Haliburton/Blackwater Nation, with no accountability, do you really think we will be more free? That we will save money, that it will cost less? Nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2013

To be fair, Rand Paul isn't very bright in general, and there are a LOT of things he doesn't understand.

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2013

Just because you dont understand something doesn't mean you outlaw it. I dont understand square dancing, but I dont think it should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2013

"DOMA will (sooner or later) be gone. In your bigoted fury, please remember that I said nice things about it back when. Thanks!"

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2013

I'm so tired of the "Libertarians" who believe that the Pauls support personal freedoms for anyone. They've made it clear time and time again that they don't support the freedom of LGBT people to get married, so please stop pretending they believe in freedom for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1901/31/2013

Can we start the countdown until the hooker stories start to show up?

by Anonymousreply 2001/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!