Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Spielberg tried to get Megan Hilty fired from Smash?

Here's the entire sordid tale of Season 1 that has the TV world fascinated tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013

Great read. Now if only people would stop producing Rebeck's awful plays.

by Anonymousreply 101/31/2013

Dead Accounts was worse than anything she ever wrote for Smash. Spielberg fell in love with her after seeing that piece of shit, The Understudy?!

You know the infuriating thing about The Understudy, other than wasting the talents of the great Julie White, was that the plot made absolutely no sense. If you have two stars appearing in a play- let's say Alec Baldwin and Shia LeBeouf in the upcoming Orphans- then if Baldwin was ill LeBeouf wouldn't take over his role and then an understudy would what LeBeouf's role. There would simply be an understudy for Baldwin and LeBeouf would continue to play his role. Rebeck's play was supposed to be insider-y, but she showed a complete lack of understanding of how roles are understudied.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

I'm sure it will still be cheesey. I didn't think it was any worse than Glee in they department. In fact, I thought it was better. Hilty's character had real pathos. I don't know why anyone would blame those two actors - it's not like they wrote those shitty scenes.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

Megan Hilty was by far the best part of "Smash." If for some reason they do drop her (or, more likely, the show gets cancelled) there's a perfect role for her on "Bunheads" as the mother/aunt/older sister of one of the dancers who looks EXACTLY like a younger version of her.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

[quote] there's a perfect role for her on "Bunheads" as the mother/aunt/older sister of one of the dancers who looks EXACTLY like a younger version of her.

I keep thinking the same thing every time I see that girl! "She's a mini-Hilty!"

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

It is so terrible how Hollywood treats fat girls

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

Funniest line in the article, quoting the publicist of the actor who played Messing's son: "He is not comfortable talking about Smash as his focus now is his feature film career."

by Anonymousreply 801/31/2013

So was season 1 an unintentional camp classic as the article suggests?

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

[quote]So was season 1 an unintentional camp classic as the article suggests?

Unfortunately not. Camp would have been more fun; it was more like an expensive mediocrity that was ... compellingly irritating, if that makes sense.

Deb Messing's ever-changing scarf collection got to be funny, if only because it was so relentless.

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

[quote] that has the TV world fascinated tonight.

Yes honey. Not that you're exaggerating or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

All I knew about Theresa Rebeck pre-Smash is that she blamed the fact that she wasn't gay for her plays not getting produced in the '90s. Damn that Tony Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

[quote]I'm sure it will still be cheesey. I didn't think it was any worse than Glee in they department. In fact, I thought it was better.

I was just going to post the same thing. Where's the exposé on what a hash Ryan Murphy has made of Glee? Glee's writing makes Smash look like Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 1402/01/2013

Megan is one of the best things about Smash.

by Anonymousreply 1502/02/2013

Nice new photo of the three divas. Megan's looking good!

by Anonymousreply 1702/02/2013

R17 - Looks heavily air brushed.

by Anonymousreply 1802/02/2013

All three airbrushed to within an inch of their lives!

by Anonymousreply 1902/02/2013

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

by Anonymousreply 2002/02/2013

Take a chance (2009)

by Anonymousreply 2102/02/2013

Megan is not fat. Saw her in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" in Encores! She's normal healthy weight with curves(of course curves are out of fashion unless you're a Kardashian).

by Anonymousreply 2202/02/2013

R22 - I think Megan is gorgeous, but she's definitively fuller in figure than the standard TV or movie actress.

by Anonymousreply 2302/02/2013

KAtharine McPhee is gorgeous, has a beautiful voice, and is a cyborg, yes?

by Anonymousreply 2402/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.