Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nasty Twitter comments re: Gabby Giffords testimony

I realize people are very invested in the gun control debate, and there's a big divide between the people who want to increase control and those who are pushing back on that.

There's a way to express that you don't agree with someone who, you know, got shot by a gunman....but this sure isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2013

Vile.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

It was difficult to watch but not for any of the reasons the skells at OP's link are going on about.

by Anonymousreply 201/31/2013

Those people are scary. Someone called her a "vegetable" - may I NEVER run into or have to work with any one of them. Sick. Speaking of sick - I am so tired of the gun debate rants and raves on my Facebook feed.

by Anonymousreply 301/31/2013

They should post what church they go to.

by Anonymousreply 401/31/2013

I don't have any, R3, I must live in a bubble. or have very different friends.

by Anonymousreply 501/31/2013

All of the messages seem to be from men.

Nice.

by Anonymousreply 601/31/2013

Men with tiny penises.

by Anonymousreply 701/31/2013

The post about Obama and assassinations are disturbing-- to think there are countries that sentence people to prison for merely offending their king. The extremes are bewildering.

by Anonymousreply 1001/31/2013

people who make ignorant comments like those deserve to get their heads trepanned

by Anonymousreply 1101/31/2013

Embarassed for Americans.

These people must have no job prospects if they're content with putting this crap out into the world for everyone to see.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

Agreed, it's vile. Would also like to point out it's no more or less vile that threads that are posted here (the iPod threads come to mind). However, this place is anonymous. I can't imagine posting such vile commentary with a photo identifying one's self right next to it. It's fierce but in a really bad way.

by Anonymousreply 1301/31/2013

As expected .Just wait for the memes to start,and God knows what will 4chan do.

by Anonymousreply 1401/31/2013

All I can say is, please do everything you can today, yes, today January 31st, to contact your US Senator and let him know you support Senator Feinstein's bill.

Assault weapons have to be banned. There should be no discussion, no legitimate dissent for it. There is no valid criticism to the proposed legislation. Unless people want to criticize it for not going far enough.

The assault weapons ban is critical to any discussion about gun control legislation, just as a thorough background check, and a national database, closing gun show loopholes, and everything else we can get thru.

Has anyone read the story out of Chicago about the 15 yr old honor student who was sheltering from the weather with other students and was shot in the back? She had been a member of a marching band that went to the Inauguration and was thrilled about it.

She wasn't even the target of the shooting. The gunman was aiming at someone else. Since NewTown there have been more than 1400 gun deaths in the USA. That's what, less than 8 weeks ago? Contact your senators. Then contact the House of Representatives.

Then call the White House to insist Obama does the right thing. Contact Biden's office too. Let them know we're sick and tired of being sick and tired. How can we claim any kind of leadership role in the world when we cannot even govern ourselves. RAISE HELL.

by Anonymousreply 1501/31/2013

Just wanted to add that the best revenge against these hateful despicable people is to get some real gun laws in this damned country!

by Anonymousreply 1601/31/2013

That, R16, and to start committing them to loony bins again.

by Anonymousreply 1701/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.