Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The top jobs of society

I'm not talking about jobs like engineering, medicine that make the big buck, I'm talking about CEOs and the like. Anyhoo, a friend of mine says that you need friends to get you up there. When you've reached that stage. It's less about talent and more about luck.

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

Nowadays - that is EVERY decent job - not just the top.

There's a chick in our company who arrived fresh out of school with a degree in English. Her dad was good friends with our President. Well within a year and several months later she has moved through 3 different positions and is now a senior director at the fresh age of 26. The sort of position that takes most people 15-20 years of working in a field to achieve. She was also quite humble and quiet when she started and turned into a total corporate bitch within a year.

Welcome to real life, OP.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

[quote] CEOs and the like. Anyhoo, a friend of mine says that you need friends to get you up there.

OP, depending on the industry, one of the main qualifications is that they have "friends"; candidates who don't have the relationships that can help the business as a whole are not considered for the position.

You've got the cart before the horse here.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

Me again--

It's absolutely not about luck--it's about the talent of building business relationships.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

And Luck

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

Actually, the dirty little secret is that you have to prove you're willing to steal and turn a blind eye to stealing to get a CEO job in America. There has been a political correctness test for management for close to 50 years, and Wall Street makes sure no liberals get those positions.

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

"Nowadays - that is EVERY decent job - not just the top."

Absolutely true - especially a job with "full benefits" such as medical insurance, dental insurance and paid vacation time.

by Anonymousreply 601/30/2013

sad gayling thread

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!