Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Open request to Oacar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron

Please let the Oscar winners go back to their seats after winning.

The trend of having the winners do press immediately and not return to the auditorium drains the room of life and leaves only the losers and presenters sitting there.

I noticed on the Globes that the winners did a moment or two of photos and then were back at their tables, holding their awards. I'd love to seem something similar at the Dolby Theater.

by Please consider it!reply 902/02/2013

I agree!

by Please consider it!reply 101/31/2013

Great idea.

by Please consider it!reply 201/31/2013

"The trend of having the winners do press immediately and not return to the auditorium drains the room of life and leaves only the losers and presenters sitting there."

Are you speaking from the vantage point of one in the auditorium. Because at home, you certainly can't tell it has that impact.

Also, not only the losers and presenters are sitting there. But thousands of other people, including many nominees and eventual winners in major categories.

So whatja talkin' 'bout Fool?

by Please consider it!reply 301/31/2013

You're an idiot, OP. The Globes are presented as a banquet, with tables.

It would look incredibly stupid to have people win an award and walk down the stairs back to their seat.

by Please consider it!reply 401/31/2013

only best supporting actor/actress winners miss the show to do press. all the other awards to actors come at the end of the night.

by Please consider it!reply 501/31/2013

Oh please, there will be plenty of energy in the room. I understand they're saving my category for the final award of the night.

by Please consider it!reply 601/31/2013

Supporting actor is the one that usually come first thing or so.

by Please consider it!reply 701/31/2013

Oadear

by Please consider it!reply 801/31/2013

I think that the winners should return to the auditorium after a few photos.

by Please consider it!reply 902/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.