Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

A question I've been dying to ask about race

This question I've been dying to ask. How do white people falling in love with non-white people. This is from a non-white person, by the way. This is not meant to be an offensive question.

It's just that I've always liked white guys. A couple of years ago, I hated people from my own race. I thought that we were ugly, every one of us. I even took actions into my own hands and discriminated against people of my own race. Things are better now. I don't hate my own race as much.

I've been thinking for the longest time that had I been white, I would not fall in love with people of my own race. So what's in it for white folks when they marry outside of their own race.

This is probably a really dumb question and I'm probably going to get a lot answers that go along the lines of because we love each other. But honestly if it was really that way then why isn't there more interracial love between ethnic minorities. Why is it overwhelmingly white plus an ethnic minority in interracial couples?

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2013

You are either a white troll, or a complete imbecile . Actually, you're both.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

Nice try OP, but you are clearly a troll. I refuse to believe anyone would pay $18 to post something so poorly worded and overwhelmingly stupid in its lack of logic.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

Wow, guys, I sure have a lot of time on my hands to be an "internet troll". If you think my question is dumb then don't answer it. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

I have an answer, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

You're a self-loathing piece of shit... and I ain't talking bout your sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

OP I think you'd have to provide some data supporting the assertion that minorities are more likely to couple with whites than with other minorities. Not sure that's the reality.

by Anonymousreply 601/30/2013

Okay, OP. Here's the best answer I can give without insulting you: There are people in the world who don't think like you.

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

OP there are beautiful people of every race on the planet.

I am Jewish and lots of people think we're ugly HOWEVER, there are loads of incredibly beautiful Jews out there! We're not all ugly!

Plus, it's not what color you are, there's beauty everywhere and WHO you are can be totally attractive as well as nicely dressed - nicely dressed, slender people are totally attractive.

However, if you're not genetically predisposed to slenderness you can still be "cute and cuddly".

Like yourself and the world is your oyster. Take yourself out on dates to where you'd like to go.

by Anonymousreply 801/30/2013

I hope you're trolling. Disgustingly pathetic, in either case.

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2013

Nice words, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1101/30/2013

FYI, there are only three races on the planet: Caucasian, Asian and Negroid. Most people from India are not "white" but are the same race as whites in Israel or Europe.

by Anonymousreply 1201/30/2013

As Eve of the Garden said, fobidin fruit is the best.

Same reason some peeps like poodles and others like Afghans.

by Anonymousreply 1301/30/2013

Start with the fact that you EVER "hated" your own race. What the fuck is THAT?

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2013

You must be the same person who wrote the other two "Gee I wish I knew how white people lived" threads today.

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2013

[quote]How do white people falling in love with non-white people.

I think love, and sexual attraction, is highly individual. I'm white, and have had three black boyfriends (two very dark-skinned, one fairly light-skinned) and the rest were white. Why do some people become chubby chasers? Why do some people have a fetish for feet? Why do some people ONLY date people of other races, while some prefer to date only within their race? People's preferences and attractions don't fit into neat little boxes.

[quote]It's just that I've always liked white guys. A couple of years ago, I hated people from my own race. I thought that we were ugly, every one of us. I even took actions into my own hands and discriminated against people of my own race.

That sounds like something stronger than simple preference. It sounds like you were badly hurt by people of your own culture group and needed validation elsewhere. Keep working on getting over that prejudice. Things that deeply ingrained can be hard to change.

[quote]So what's in it for white folks when they marry outside of their own race.

Love and attraction, plain and simple.

[quote]why isn't there more interracial love between ethnic minorities. Why is it overwhelmingly white plus an ethnic minority in interracial couples?

Interracial coupling seems to mirror the racial makeup of the society. In a mostly white society (I'm guessing you're in the U.S.), whites will be represented in interracial relationships more often. In more heterogeneous societies, the interracial couples represent that same mixture.

by Anonymousreply 1601/30/2013

As a gay white man, dating other white guys just seems too much like incest to me.

I used to like South Asians, but then I actually got to know some of them well.

Now, the only thing that matters to me is, is he hot. That can be someone of any race.

by Anonymousreply 1701/30/2013

R12 you are a fucking racist. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 1801/30/2013

R18, how can I be a racist by acknowledging race? Are you saying race doesn't exist? Great! Then by your standard racists can't really exist either. Moron.

Go study Anthropology 101. It's a fact that there are only three racial groups on the planet. So sad that PC politics and science are not compatible. It means that you're going to have to ignore reality, evidently.

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2013

R11/12, it's okay to note race in your case -- i.e. "incest" to date white men -- but you find it racist simply to point out that there are other races? Aren't you a damned racist by that standard? Why yes, you are.

You don't even pass the MLK Jr methodology -- you *do* judge other men by the color of their skin, by your own confession.

by Anonymousreply 2001/30/2013

OP, asking that is like asking "why do you like/don't like" a certain flavor/dish. It just is. People are attracted or not to whatever and often even they don't know why.

by Anonymousreply 2201/30/2013

We don't hate your race. YOU hate your race.

by Anonymousreply 2301/30/2013

[quote]racist twit playing at antiracist freedom fighter (with that limp wrist to boot).

Yet you are clearly homophobic, R-tard-21

by Anonymousreply 2401/30/2013

I'm white and find men of all races attractive. They have to be fit and attractive, of course, but there are plenty of men who fit that description in all races. I'm particularly drawn to African and Asian men.

by Anonymousreply 2501/30/2013

r12 if you're going to use Negroid, you better use Caucasoid and Mongoloid to refer to the other two, you piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 2601/31/2013

IMO Ethnic women (Indian, black, jewish, hispanic) are more beautiful than white women.

The character in their faces is just stunningly beautiful.

You've got issues, op

by Anonymousreply 2701/31/2013

Ive always found Jewish women attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2801/31/2013

"And that's why inter-marriage is more typical for lower caste whites. The Trumps and Sterns of the world marry white, period."

Just when you think there can't be any more loons on this thread than there already are there's this one, who, apart from everything else, thinks that the Trumps are the epitome of class.

by Anonymousreply 2901/31/2013

If your'e not a troll, OP, it happens because people like variety and other races are exotic, because people look beyond race to the individual, or because sometimes it's easier for a white to attract a person in another race than deal with other whites. Take your pick.

Glad you're dealing with your self-loathing. The fact you appeared on a "white white white" posting day is suspicious, though.

by Anonymousreply 3001/31/2013

what is with this racist troll tonight? this is stupider than the 'what does white privilege feel like" thread.

what a sad moron.

by Anonymousreply 3101/31/2013

I'm not going to read all the responses to this thread, but I'll say this: when I had an affair with someone not of my race, I NEVER noticed the race thing. It was love. It just happened because we connected on so many levels. Love is like that, ya know? And it is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 3201/31/2013

Hi Divesh.

by Anonymousreply 3301/31/2013

R31, actually the white privilege thread seemed to have some interesting insight in the earlier comments. I guess it went downhill since the thread is gone now

by Anonymousreply 3401/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.