Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My female co-worker is demanding that I pay half her speeding ticket fine.

A few months ago, this dumb bitch in the office asked that I go with her to pick up balloons and other party favors for an office party, because she couldn't carry everything back herself. So fine and dandy, but I warned her beforehand that I had to get back to an early afternoon meeting.

The bitch spent half the time in Party City yenta-ing it up with the cashier, whose kids are in the same class as hers. So we were running really late at that point, and I finally had to nudge her to remind her about my meeting. She drove back to the office with a lead foot and was stopped by the cops and given a ticket for driving approx 20 miles over the limit. She decided to plead not guilty. She went to court and fought it. The judge didn't buy what she was selling and set the fine at $275 with some surcharges for a total of around $350.

Now the fool wants me to pay half of the fine, claiming that that I rushed her to get back to the office for MY meeting. I reminded her that I'd told her ahead of time that we had to make this fast cuz I needed to get back to work, but that she kept on yapping with the stupid cashier. My paying part of the ticket was never even an issue when she thought she could soft soap the judge. Now that she lost, she thinks I should be responsible. She is threatening to get a lawyer if I don't ante up. Fuck the bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013

She has no legal ground to stand on. It's not even worth complaining about.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

That lawyer will laugh in her face. Try to get her fired, OP.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

Veey politely explain that you agreed to go with her on the condition she gets you back on time for the meeting. If she incurred fines fulfilling her end of the bargsin, that has nothing to do with you.

Then refuse to discuss it with her. Period.

By her reasoning the person who asked her to go to party city and the cashier she gossiped with should also pay part of the fine

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

[quote] because she couldn't carry everything back herself.

Nice try, OP. She had a car. You wheel the shopping cart to your car, put the stuff in the trunk, drive it back to the office and then ask for help unloading.

Or you make more than one trip to your trunk. Party City doesn't sell watermelons and bowling balls. So it should be pretty easy.

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

Do I have time to fix the popcorn before the afternoon trolls stop by?

This should be good....

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

maybe she needed OP to help her carry the stuff from her car to the office not from the store to the car.

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

[quote] maybe she needed OP to help her carry the stuff from her car to the office not from the store to the car.

This situational premise was already addressed. Read the entirety of the R4 post.

by Anonymousreply 801/30/2013

Bitches be doin' this all the time.

by Anonymousreply 901/30/2013

Take up a collection in your office.

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2013

If she mowed down 1st graders in her haste, you'd be an accessory to murder!

by Anonymousreply 1101/30/2013

OP, why did you feel compelled to say your co-worker is "female" in your thread title.

by Anonymousreply 1201/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!