Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rihanna Opens Up About Chris Brown in Rolling Stone: It's Different Now

On being mad at Chris Brown for a really long time: “I wanted him to know what it felt like to lose me. To feel the consequences of that. So when that (stuff) came back it hit me like a ton of bricks. Like, God, you’ve got to be kidding right now. But I got real with myself, and I just couldn’t bury the way I felt.”

On knowing she would be opening herself up to criticism for reuniting with Chris: “But I decided it was more important for me to be happy, and I wasn’t going to let anybody’s opinion get in the way of that. Even if it’s a mistake, it’s my mistake. After being tormented for so many years, being angry and dark, I’d rather just live my truth and take the backlash. I can handle it.”

On people being upset about her reunion with Chris: “When you add up the pieces from the outside, it’s not the cutest puzzle in the world. You see us walking somewhere, driving somewhere, in the studio, in the club, and you think you know. But it’s different now. We don’t have those types of arguments anymore. We talk about (stuff). We value each other. We know exactly what we have now, and we don’t want to lose that.”

by Anonymousreply 6402/06/2013

Uh-huh.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

Odds are next time he kills her.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

What R2 said. Abusers don't stop.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

Who's to say. He got flogged publicly in a way that most abusers never experience. Very unusual and humiliating for him. It may well have changed him. I think a lot of us get too "armchair psychologist" about celebs.

Agreed that if he hits her again then nothing has changed. But it might be that she's telling the truth here.

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

They'll do great until his anger gets triggered again. I hope she lives through the next attack, but I wouldn't bet on it.

He bit her face. I cannot imagine being so out of control I bit someone's face.

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

He's still apparently got rage issues. Nothing's changed.

by Anonymousreply 601/30/2013

[quote]Who's to say. He got flogged publicly in a way that most abusers never experience. Very unusual and humiliating for him. It may well have changed him. I think a lot of us get too "armchair psychologist" about celebs.

Does it seem like he's changed? The man has severe rage issues. So far he's only gotten into altercations with other men since he beat Rihanna 3 years ago but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. And god knows what goes on behind closed doors that we don't know about.

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

Abusive men never change. If he hits you once, he will always hit you again. Rihanna is a damn fool for staying with him.

by Anonymousreply 801/30/2013

She's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 901/30/2013

He's never made any effort to even pretend he's changed. He attacks random people even in public places, people he can have no particular grudge against.

Her argument seems to be, "I love being beat up, and how dare you criticize me for it. Ain't nobody's business if I do."

She's ignoring the fact that she has performed in public with a sparkly eyepatch to cover up a black eye from him, and the police were involved when he attacked her. If it's "nobody's business," then don't seek medical treatment or appear in public beat up, just let him kill you. Don't expect the rest of us to have the trashy attitude you do that a piece of garbage beating a woman is perfectly OK. Normal people think that's disgusting, so she should quit trying to get sympathy for her low self esteem and shut up. Stay at home until you look like Hedda Nussbaum if you love being beaten so much, don't iinvolve the rest of us by giving interviews every 10 minutes trying to get the rest of us to think like you do.

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2013

Further to my previous comment, anybody wanna bet it goes down like this after Chris beats her again:

Rhianna: "Thanks for having me here, Oprah. I want to send a powerful message to all of the women out there who go back to men who beat them. Oh, and by the way, my new album comes out next Tuesday!"

by Anonymousreply 1201/30/2013

These people need to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 1301/30/2013

He's not stupid enough to blow it again. Not only will he lose her for good, he'll also lose his A list celebrity once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2013

[quote]But I got real with myself

Anyone who says things like this either doesn't know what it means or is on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2013

He's going to start a fight with the wrong guy in some nightclub and get himself killed.

by Anonymousreply 1601/30/2013

[quote]He's not stupid enough to blow it again. Not only will he lose her for good, he'll also lose his A list celebrity once and for all.

Oh, he's stupid enough.

But I think they both get off on the attention this fucked up relationship gives them, especially her. She doesn't care what people think? Great. Stop giving interviews talking about him constantly and posting dumb shit on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 1801/30/2013

Rhianna comes across as incredibly ignorant, with very low self esteem. I won't even get into her tattoos!

For all her success, women like Rhianna seem to come from a culture where women are used as punching bags, seen as nothing but sexual objects and are second class citizens. Even her own father called her overweight or chubby! She is clearly not overweight!

Track down her recent VOGUE interview, she's on the cover. This young woman needs to be in serious therapy, besides having a limited vocabulary, she needs to learn to love herself before worrying about a fucked up destructive romance with a dumb thug who happens to have a record contract.

Actually, they both comes across as utter morons with too much time and money on their hands. These are the sorts of idiots the general public turns into millionaires.

Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2013

So who's the King here, R17? (Clue, not you).

[quote]He's not stupid enough to blow it again.

Being stupid has nothing to do with it. When rage takes over, nothing else matters. It all regrets afterwards, but it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 2001/30/2013

Any time someone says they have to "live their truth", it's code for "continue with whatever jacked up, dysfunctional thing I've been doing to inflict harm on myself and/or others."

by Anonymousreply 2101/30/2013

they both have borderline personality disorder. good luck with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 2201/30/2013

[quote]It's Different Now

That's what they all say you moron.

by Anonymousreply 2301/30/2013

I totally agree with r19.

by Anonymousreply 2401/30/2013

Tina Turner needs to talk to her.

by Anonymousreply 2501/30/2013

Chris and Rihanna are both victims. Having more money than god makes it worse for them, they can afford enough distractions in their life never to have to examine their behaviors or become subject to intervention. All of their family and friends are incredibly limited thinkers as well. It is a tragedy. Two kids with rage and self-hatred issues, adored by millions who hang on their every word.

by Anonymousreply 2601/30/2013

Sadly, she seems like the type of woman with low self-esteem who thinks a man who beats her actually loves her. I really wouldn't want my children listening to her music or idolizing her.

by Anonymousreply 2701/30/2013

She's made her bed, or rather her coffin.

by Anonymousreply 2801/30/2013

[R19], yes, and also a culture where women are all of the things you said, plus baby factories.

by Anonymousreply 2901/30/2013

I don't feel sorry for her one bit. She's an adult, so let her learn the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 3001/30/2013

"He got flogged publicly in a way that most abusers never experience. Very unusual and humiliating for him."

Flogging? He got a slap on the wrist! Probation and anger management classes, no jail time, he got away with it and he knows it. Plus Rhianna has come back to him, so he knows she'll forgive him as well.

He's still got the rage issues, is probably on drugs that make it worse, and the whole world is acting as enablers. I can only hope he gets himself killed, before he kills someone.

by Anonymousreply 3101/30/2013

All of this is undoable being that she never had his kid. This will pass.

by Anonymousreply 3201/30/2013

Yet...

by Anonymousreply 3301/30/2013

Just recently Chris Brown got into a parking lot altercation with singer Frank Ocean.

Besides using women as punching bags, is this Brown guy also anti-gay?

Talk about having a shit load of issues, Brown could actually be angry about everything because he's closeted!

by Anonymousreply 3401/30/2013

R34 - yes, he seems closeted to me.

Or at least, he is bisexual with strong homosexual desires but hates those desires.

At any rate, I think it's indisputable that he's trying WAY too hard to look/act/talk 'Tough'.

by Anonymousreply 3501/30/2013

He bit her face? That's pretty bizarre. I imagine there are degrees of anger then leading to rage-yelling, getting in someone's face escalating to slapping and hitting. But the biting I think is downright odd

by Anonymousreply 3801/30/2013

"All of their family and friends are incredibly limited thinkers as well"

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 3901/30/2013

r39 dont be perturbed, it's just racist talk.

by Anonymousreply 4001/30/2013

The thing is, he never hit Kerrueche, his former Asian gf. I actually think that yes, he's still got rage issues, but possibly, he might not be hitting women. Possibly. As others have said, he was shamed in the way that OJ never was shamed.

Anyways, it won't last or if it does, they will have an open relationship or have one now. Because RiRi likes sex with women. I can't say where his sexuality lies but he likes sex with a lot of other people as well.

by Anonymousreply 4101/30/2013

Rihanna's family/friends remind me of Nicole Brown Simpson's family. They all knew OJ was beating her but they lived off of him through her. Rihanna's family may not be living off Brown but they're sure living off her so what she says goes, no matter how dangerous and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 4201/30/2013

F&F you, R17.

Men who beat women are sick fucks, not Prince Charming.

Women who stay with and/or go back to men who beat them are sick fucks, not "intensely in love."

The same holds true for men who beat men and women who beat men and women who beat women.

Now YOU begone, domestic violence loving troll because you are a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 4301/30/2013

"Go suck a cunt white devil faggot" - what is that? some voodoo gay cure?

by Anonymousreply 4401/30/2013

Their fans are idiots, too.

by Anonymousreply 4501/30/2013

The other thing besides that I believe it's an open relationship between Chris & RiRi, is that Rihanna is also violent, and the rumors are that she hit him first. Not saying what he did was right or good, but don't hit people. Both have rage issues. Both are really fucked up with tons of money.

by Anonymousreply 4601/30/2013

They both need help. I don't know his music, but her music generally has a lyrical content obsessed with abuse and abusing that is thinly veiled as being 'raunchy'.

by Anonymousreply 4701/30/2013

She is raunchy but Chanel just hired her for something. Her audience most likely can't afford Chanel clothing.

by Anonymousreply 4801/30/2013

Great, so immature retards with rage issues are what passes for icons today? They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 4901/30/2013

This is also her industry people's fault for not letting them work through this when it happened.

Instead, they were too eager to protect their "investment", forgetting that the investment was a very young, vulnerable woman from a dysfunctional family who had plenty of issues before Brown.

Instead, she was forced to be something she at the very least was conflicted about in order to make everyone more money.

Both of them need to lay off the substances and come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 5001/30/2013

"Just gonna stand there and watch me burn But that's alright because I like the way it hurts Just gonna stand there and hear me cry But that's alright because I love the way you lie"

-Rihanna

by Anonymousreply 5101/30/2013

Abusers can wait months, even years between violent episodes. Even if an abuser only attacks his girlfriend/wife once every decade, he is STILL an abusive fuck.

Violence is only but one tool of the abuser. The primary objective of an abuser is to capture and maintain control over their partner by any means necessary. Verbal, emotional and financial abuse or other tools in the abuser's toolbox.

by Anonymousreply 5201/30/2013

James Dean on the low?

by Anonymousreply 5301/30/2013

I don't think he's going to hit Rihanna again.

by Anonymousreply 5401/30/2013

If he did it again, he's finished for good. I hope that on some level he realizes that.

by Anonymousreply 5501/30/2013

I'm glad they don't have any kids. Idiots. Maybe they'll both exit the gene pool.

by Anonymousreply 5701/31/2013

They probably deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2013

A very stupid lady for going back to her abuser.

by Anonymousreply 5901/31/2013

It has nothing to do with race, R9. After what he did to her before, anyone who had any compassion would cringe at her being with him again.

by Anonymousreply 6101/31/2013

I'd tell you to fuck off and die, R17, but since you're defensively labeling the relationship of an abusive guy and self-hating woman true love... well, you probably will, way before your time.

by Anonymousreply 6202/06/2013

[quote]Odds are next time he kills her.

There are female celebrities who have pleaded with her to stay away from Brown - she won't listen.

by Anonymousreply 6302/06/2013

People need to leave these two alone. They hit each other. They forgave each each other. White lesbians are the main ones bitching about this. They need to get a life. Chris and Rhianna shouldn't have to take their shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 6402/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.