Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING - Gov. Patrick to name Mo Cowan interim senator

[quote]BREAKING: Gov. Patrick to name Mo Cowan interim senator. Details coming on WBZ-TV & cbsboston.com

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2013

Who dat?

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

Ready for FOX News' spin on this.

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

I think he's Patrick's former chief of staff and legal adviser.

Also a former law professor, I believe.

He's just going to hold the seat temporarily while Ed Markey gets his campaign going.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

The CBS station in Boston is reporting that Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has selected William "Mo" Cowan to occupy Senator John Kerry's seat once Kerry is sworn in as Secretary of State today:

Cowan served as Deval Patrick's chief of staff and had been planning to step down from that position this month. He'll step down from the interim Senate appointment after a special election in June.

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

My boss bet me that he would name Dukakis as the placeholder. Won that bet

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

I heard it was going to be Les Bullen!

by Anonymousreply 601/30/2013

What happened to Barney?

(Is he mad?)

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

Barney's always mad, that's his charm.

Barney would have been fun, and it would have been great to hear him tear into the Senate, but he could easily have become a distraction in the upcoming election.

Better this bland whitebread fellow than Barney.

by Anonymousreply 801/30/2013

MassHole political cronyism at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 901/30/2013

Barney wouldn't have left. Shortly after securing the interim slot, he'd have come up with a plausible sounding (to him at least) line as to why "interim" really means the rest of the term ... then, if his popularity is reasonably good, he'd have run for the full six years.

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2013

Hmmm ...

Mr. Patrick and Mr. Cowan built up a strong friendship over the years, The Boston Globe reported, as both men rose from difficult childhoods to prominence in Boston and in the state. Mr. Patrick also served as a mentor to Mr. Cowan when both were practicing lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 1101/30/2013

So Tammy Baldwin won't be the only 'mo in the Senate anymore?

by Anonymousreply 1201/30/2013

This will make Lawrence O'Donnell's head explode, right? Wasn't he pimping Barney?

by Anonymousreply 1301/30/2013

r7, the Gov would not not embarrass himself by appointing someone who's toothless and refuses to wear dentures.

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2013

Patrick is going to be on O'Donnell's show tonight which had O'Donnell insisting that Patrick was going to appoint Frank because he wouldn't dare cross Larry and then show up for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2013

Do we have any DLers from MA here today? What is the reaction there?

by Anonymousreply 1601/30/2013

Hey I'm Republican and think he is a decent guy. Nice to see Afican Americans in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 1701/30/2013

Barney Frank should have never solicited the appointment publicly. He Came off as self-promoting, presumptuous, desperate, and entitled. Governor Patrick will not be punked down.

by Anonymousreply 1801/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.