Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm overly sensitive

I find that I'm overly sensitive. I react violently to the slightest insults and often I get nervous that I could have offended someone. I think I have low self-esteem.

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2013

All of us at Datalounge love you, OP so you hav nothing to fear.

by Anonymousreply 101/30/2013

Are you a Pisces?

by Anonymousreply 201/30/2013

God, OP, your description fits me perfectly. And the problem is that try as I might to fight my over the top reactions, I simply can't change.

So for what it's worth, I can relate.

by Anonymousreply 301/30/2013

Me too!

by Anonymousreply 401/30/2013

So tender to the touch!

by Anonymousreply 501/30/2013

You seriously need to get over yourself, you're just not that important. realize that you are a part of a society, and just get the fuck over your petty bullshit contrivances.

by Anonymousreply 601/30/2013

Borderline Personality Disorder

by Anonymousreply 701/30/2013

That's some fragile ego you've got there if the slightest slight gets you violent.

by Anonymousreply 801/30/2013

I am overly sensitive sometimes too. It can get me down but I soldier on.

I find that if I am more critical and less accepting of others it makes me feel better. I am sort of kidding but there is some truth to that.

Once I gave myself permission not to like everyone it got easier.

by Anonymousreply 901/30/2013

Extra Sensitive Teardropper

by Anonymousreply 1001/30/2013

This is a DL epidemic, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 1101/30/2013

[quote]You seriously need to get over yourself, you're just not that important. realize that you are a part of a society, and just get the fuck over your petty bullshit contrivances. [/quote]

As hard as this sounds, you really need to consider this, because your future depends on letting go.

[quote]Borderline Personality Disorder[/quote]

Borderline? This sounds like it is a personality disorder. Still, OP and others need to get a handle on things.

by Anonymousreply 1201/30/2013

No it just means you feel guilty because you're a prick. So you react violently when it seems anyone is on the trail of your true self. It's not low self-esteem, its constructive self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 1301/30/2013

Why don't you see a homeopath? Perhaps s/he can work up a constitutional that supports you in all ways that you struggle. I've done this and it helps bring me closer to balance over time.

Insurance usually doesn't cover a homeopath, but trust me, a year later you'll be so glad you did.

by Anonymousreply 1401/30/2013

I'm overly sensitive too. I cum way too fast. Big premature ejaculator--that's me!

by Anonymousreply 1501/30/2013

[quote] I react violently to the slightest insults and often I get nervous that I could have offended someone.

The internet is an excellent training ground for learning to let worthless shit roll off your back. If you can learn to cull meaningful comments from spiteful insults on the net, you will be able to do the same in real life.

One secret is to value your focus. It requires sincerity and seriousness (as opposed to solemnity, see John Cleese' lecture on the difference) that not everyone will share. Comments that add to it are of value and the rest is meaningless.

I'd suggest taking part in online forums related to an interest or hobby (outside of gay news, gossip, and pointless bitchery). You may wish to put together a blog that relates to your interest or hobby.

by Anonymousreply 1601/30/2013

I have a friend just like you, OP. I have to walk on egg shells to not say anything that would offend her or else I get the silent treatment. I don't like being around sensitive people. These people have the hardest time getting over an offense. They never forgive and they never forget.

The world is a cruel place and you either shrug insults off or you're going to live a very miserable existence.

by Anonymousreply 1701/30/2013

overly sensitive, and you come to DL looking for what, exactly? I smell a fake thread.

by Anonymousreply 1801/30/2013

I don't react violently, but I am quite nervous, and I worry more that I've offended or annoyed other people.

Silly, I know.

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2013

People are complicated. I can be oversensitive at times, too, and I observe others that are even more so. I'm fascinated by friendly, outgoing people who appear to be comfortable around all types. I've found that many of them are sensitive, too, they just hide better. My workplace is currently a roiling cauldron of drama, lies, backstabbing, and hurt feelings. From the outside, if you don't look too close, it appears to be a successful, cool place to work. But it's not. It makes me wonder sometimes how humans achieve any success at all, they can be such self-centered assholes.

Therefore, dear OP, concentrate on what you like about yourself and in others and seek out friendly people who listen as well as talk, and who are not critical complaining meanies.

by Anonymousreply 2004/13/2013
Need more help? Click Here.