Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shot Dead by Gun Nut for Pulling in the Wrong Driveway

[bold] Friends: Man shot dead after pulling into wrong driveway [/bold]

LILBURN, Ga. —

Lilburn police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 22-year-old man.

Police said they were called out to a man's home on Hillcrest Drive on Saturday night.

A group of friends said they were going to pick up a girl who lived in the area to go ice skating around 10 p.m. when their GPS system sent them to the wrong home.

The friends said they pulled into the driveway and saw a man peer out the window. They said they waited in the car for a bit and then the man, Phillip Sailors, 69, came out of the home with a handgun, firing a round into the air.

“The guy came out. He went in again and he came out with a gun in his hand and he shot into the air,” 15-year-old passenger Yeson Jimenez said.

The friends said that's when they tried leaving the house, and said Sailors pointed the gun at the car and shot Rodrigo Diaz, 22, who was driving the car. An arrest warrant said Sailors had a .22-caliber pistol. The passengers said Sailors never asked what they were doing there.

“’Shut up.’ That’s the only thing that came out of his mouth,” passenger Gandy Cardenas said.

The friends said Sailors held the rest of the people in the car at gunpoint until police arrived at the home. All three passengers in the car are Parkview High School students.

Sailors is being held on no bond on charges of malice murder. He has no known criminal history.

The warrant said the Diaz was struck on the left side of the head.

Friends told Channel 2's Tony Thomas that Diaz had just arrived here from Colombia three months ago.

Thomas has also learned Sailors is a war veteran and a former church missionary. Sailors' attorney told Thomas that the man believed he and his wife were being attacked.

“He is very distraught over the loss of life from the defense of his home. This incident happened late in the evening hours when he was home with his wife and he assumed it was a home invasion and he maintains his innocence,” the attorney said.

by Anonymousreply 2901/30/2013

Death penalty for the gun nut.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

Not surprising. I grew up in the South and rednecks HATE it when you pull in their driveway; even if it's just to turn around.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

[quote]he assumed it was a home invasion

That's what they'll all say.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

Why couldn't this have happened to Chris Brown?

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

If he thought he was in danger, why didn't the stupid old fucker call 911 ??? Maybe he didn't have a phone, but he sure as hell had a gun! What a country!!

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

Apparently, he had several guns and lived by the philosophy, "shoot first, ask questions later."

Here's hoping that he spends the rest of his miserable, wretched life in prison for gunning down this guy in cold blood for no particularly good reason.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

Wouldn't a home invasion involve people getting out of the car?

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

It wasn't a home invasion ......it was a driveway invasion. Big difference. The shooter was in no danger here.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

Behold white Southern culture.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

I very rarely cry over news stories but this actually brought a tear. I bet the old fool is Ted Nugents's new hero.

by Anonymousreply 1001/29/2013

Yeah, like home invaders park in the fucking driveway.

No doubt some old, white gun nut, who probably spent the evening getting his fear riled up by faux news.

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

I am for the 2nd amendment and I own a gun, legally, of course, and this guy should be prosecuted His attorney is going to have to prove the old man was threatened, and a group in just sitting in his driveway doesn't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

Does Georgia have that same stand your ground law that Florida has? If so this guy will no doubt go free. The victim was Hispanic so he'd be wise to stay clear of the Latino gangs in prison.

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

Nothing worse than an old coot with a gun.

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

[quote][Channel 2's Tony] Thomas has also learned Sailors is a war veteran and a former church missionary.

So??

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

Yes R15, Georgia does have a "Stand Your Ground" law.

Of course it only apparently applies to WHITE people who feel threatened:

[bold] John McNeil killed a white man who assaulted him on his property. But, unlike George Zimmerman, he's serving life [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

So if he thought it was a home invasion he couldn't have called the police? Welcome to the new America. People will be shooting at anything that moves and say it was in self-defense.

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

Colombians are going ice skating in GEORGIA!? Fetch my smelling salts!

by Anonymousreply 1901/30/2013

"New" America, R19?

by Anonymousreply 2001/30/2013

These gun guzzling bozos are practically dying to shoot someone dead. Then afterwards they either feel vindicated or pretend to feel remorse. They're wannabe terrorists.

by Anonymousreply 2101/30/2013

I'm a teeny tiny white female and I had a gun pulled on me when I misread an address and knocked on the wrong door.

by Anonymousreply 2201/30/2013

So according to old fuck gun nuts, 'defending your home' is killing people in cars in your driveway. Next person that steps on his lawn will probably be murdered by his wife.

by Anonymousreply 2301/30/2013

But! But! Guns don't kill people. . .. .

by Anonymousreply 2401/30/2013

They should take that old fucker's gun and fire a round up his smelly ass.

by Anonymousreply 2501/30/2013

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

by Anonymousreply 2601/30/2013

Something happened like this in the 80s near Minneapolis. I guess it's not the south though.

by Anonymousreply 2701/30/2013

Too bad the kids didn't have a gun as well.

Such a ridiculous thing to happen. Pointless.

by Anonymousreply 2801/30/2013
Need more help? Click Here.