Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Truly petty,narcissistic famous people

Gawker points out that Oprah took the time to respond to a Twitter poster who said she looked old as hell. Other evidence of Oprah's obsessive need to control her image is that former employees can never speak about their employment there. Howard Hughes, anyone?

What other famous people fit into this category? Bonus points if these are the last people in the world we would expect of being image-obsessed or if they speak about themselves using the third person.

by Anonymousreply 10510/25/2013

Your Oprah check is in the mail, R1. If I had $3 billion, I would let such things slide.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

If I had $3 billion, I'd hunt the twatter down.

I could buy at least 100 different acquittals with that kind of money.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

A few years back, Oprah hunted down the telephone number of a viewer that commented that Oprah interrupts her guests when she interviews, never allowing the guest to answer questions.

Oprah called the viewer, challenged them, and wouldn't hang up until the Viewer "admitted" she was wrong.

Completely ridiculous since Oprah always interrupts everyone.

Oprah is terrible and ridiculous.

I fully expect her to call me now and make me admit I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

Put your number up, R4.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

Concerning petty celebrities: My work used to bring me into contact with hollywood, fortune 500 CEOs and sports celebrities (yeah yeah, you, me and eberybody else).

Long before Tiger Woods made headlines with his cheating scandals, he left a trail of annoyed servers and spa staff behind him. He refuses to tip anybody, on principal. He thinks workers should "get better jobs" that don't rely on handouts. Woods encouraged his then - girlfriend Elin to never tip, either. Fine, but both Tiger and Elin would take full advantage of hotels, resorts, spas that they frequented. They'd take up a lot of servers' time, effort and attention and then not tip. Elin used to get a lot of spa services (compliments of the nice hotels they'd stay at, for free) which would take up an esthetician's whole afternoon - and not tip. Then Elin would order time consuming, complicated food and smoothie drinks from the hotel bistro, on the house (charge it to her free hotel room account)... and not tip. You get the idea.

I'm sure that Tiger thought that "the help" were starry eyed and or saw dollar signs when he was around, but in reality staff secretly loathed *his* greedy attitude. Seriously, if Tiger and his crew were staying at the hotel for several days, you were seriously going to take home less money that week.

No other celebrity stands out as irritating.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

This thread belongs to Rosie O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

Tiger probably ate a shitload of spit and other bodily fluids.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

Oprah lost me with the Hermes incident. The store was fucking closed and she's out there banging to get in.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

R9

Oh no, you have it ALL wrong. Remember, they wouldn't keep the store open intentionally because she's black!

The whole time, no one bothered to question why she felt she was entitled to have the store stay open late for her.

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

Where do they get off?

by Anonymousreply 1201/29/2013

Yes, Oprah would have a close brush with reality from within her fame bubble, resulting in a narcissistic insult that she would have to recover from. Her solution seems to always be rallying her fanbase into a frenzy such that they felt insulted too - all to publically humiliate the "offending party" and regain status in Oprah's own mind. Mature adults don't make this mistake more than once - it's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

Tiger Woods is a cheap fuck? I had no idea. Disgusting pig, I hope he has eaten a lot of shit and dirt. Hope he never wins another game of golf.

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

R15, Luxury merchants apologize to customers all of the time, as part of company policy.

Luxury hotels routinely apologize to abusive guests and so on.

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

Keanu Reeves runs his own gossip website that he frequents and talks about himself in the third person, most of the time role playing female posters who are Keanu obsessed. She's batshit crazy times ten.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

I keep hearing that rumor too R17... or SHOULD I SAY KEANU??

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

R15

You drank the Oprah juice, didn't you?

The fact that you actually believe that a merchant doesn't apologize unless its wrong shows you're a moron, and therefore, a perfect member of the Oprah fan club.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

MADONNA.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

R21

What are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

I got your number, hussy, R4.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

I lost ALL respect for The Oprah,when,just a couple of months ago,she was promoting Joel Osteen(!),on her Life Class or Master Class or some other bullshit class where she tells everybody ELSE how to live! Joel Fucking Osteen! Really? I'll only say one more thing. If it turns out she really is gay,I hope they fucking crucify her!

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

R25

Nope, they never will. Because all the sheep that love her will commend her for being brave enough to come out... because she'll tell them to.

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2013

Who's the idiot with her head up Oprah's cunt? Whoever you are, you're dead wrong.

Hermes was CLOSED, it had closed 15 minutes before Oprah showed up. She pounded on the door and pitched a fucking fit at the security guard who told her they were closed and gave her a card letting her know their hours and that she could come back the next day. She continued demanding immediate entrance and they refused.

Not long afterwards, Oprah began screeching "RACISTS" and publicly indulged in a lying, self-pity party and massive PR campaign against Hermes, claiming they had mistreated her and discriminated against her for being black. The security video backs up the store's version of events, not Oprah's. Still, she persisted with her lies and threatened to make the first episode of her talk show about the "incident" when the program returned after hiatus.

She kept up her campaign of intimidation and threats until the store apologized to the selfish cunt just to shut her up. Yes, the world and everyone in it revolves around Oprah and whatever she wants to do whenever she wants to do it. Fuck those peons who have already put in a full day's work and still had to prepare for a private event that night. Fuck their lives, fuck their work, fuck respecting their time. It's all about Oprah the Narcissist.

She picks on people who can't argue or stand up for themselves because they'll lose their jobs (at Hermes, Harpo and elsewhere). She picks on companies who have to placate her because she'll damage and/or ruin their business if they don't. I was always taught that this sort of behavior is one of the tell-tale signs of bad character. Over the past 50 years, I've found that to be true every single time.

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2013

[quote]She pounded on the door and pitched a fucking fit at the security guard who told her they were closed

Too bad I wasn't with her. If my Blackberry didn't break through that door down, my maid woulda.

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2013

If a luxury store doesn't want to stay open late for the richest woman in America, they need to find a new demographic.

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2013

[quote]If a luxury store doesn't want to stay open late for the richest woman in America, they need to find a new demographic.

Peut-être vous ne pouvez pas comprendre, petit Américain. Nous sommes Hermes à Paris, pas Hermes Boca Raton.

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2013

Ashley Judd when she wrote that ten thousand word essay because someone dared to insult her appearance for the first time in her life.

by Anonymousreply 3201/29/2013

Oh my, the Hermes incident was ages ago but I, too, stopped watching her after that. Before then I taped her everyday and watched her after work. The day the Hermes snafu hit the news is the day I deleted taping/watching her. I realized she was not the type of person she pretended. I thought it was cold of her to expect employees going home to their families to stay after and then yelled "Racist" when they didn't jump back on the clock to serve her ego.

by Anonymousreply 3301/29/2013

after last week's golden globes, jodie foster belongs on this list.

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2013

R33

And she still sees nothing wrong with it. She still justifies her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 3501/29/2013

Oprah lost my respect with the Hermes incident, which reduced her to "do you know who I am" level.

Having said that, I have major problems with the person who attacked her on twitter for looking old.

#1, When did it become acceptable to insult others? #2, When did the natural aging process become a weapon?

If the twitterbitch is lucky, she'll live long enough to look old.

by Anonymousreply 3701/29/2013

Ok. No more martinis.

by Anonymousreply 3801/29/2013

Richard Marx will not only fire back on twitter, he will insist you meet with him in person to withdraw your insult!

by Anonymousreply 3901/29/2013

R15, I agree with you that Oprah has right to challenge haters, but I agree with other posters: I think Hermes was CLOSED.

That's why they wouldn't let her -- or anyone else -- in.

by Anonymousreply 4001/29/2013

Cory Booker is a total egomaniac

by Anonymousreply 4101/29/2013

Oh really R41? He is a darling of Oprah's, and Gayle makes much ado about pining away for him.

by Anonymousreply 4201/29/2013

He will never find anyone that loves him as much as he loves himself R42

by Anonymousreply 4301/29/2013

R40 would McDonalds open up after closing for Gerard Depardieu. I think not. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 4401/29/2013

R40

They wouldn't even do it for Pharell after the show he put on for them.

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2013

That should have read R44

They wouldn't open for Pharrell and he worked for it.

by Anonymousreply 4601/29/2013

I remember after that Hermes incident someone wrote in to People Magazine with this...

Oprah's head is so big she wouldn't have fit through the front door anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4701/29/2013

it was ugly...just ugly

by Anonymousreply 4801/29/2013

Prince. The stories that can be told about his narcissism and pettiness truly speak to how pathetic he is as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 4901/30/2013

LMAO R45 Pharrell is so high in that video!

by Anonymousreply 5001/30/2013

a

by Anonymousreply 5110/22/2013

[quote]Tiger Woods made headlines with his cheating scandals, he left a trail of annoyed servers and spa staff behind him. He refuses to tip anybody, on principal. He thinks workers should "get better jobs" that don't rely on handouts.

He hits a ball with a stick for a living.

by Anonymousreply 5210/22/2013

Tiger Woods is notorious for speaking about himself in the 3rd person.

He's also an infamous cheapskate.

by Anonymousreply 5310/22/2013

James Franco

by Anonymousreply 5510/22/2013

[quote]Most black celebrities are.

Lets not even get started on the white celebs known for being cheapskates: Madonna, Joan Rivers, Sam Worthington, Jeremy Piven, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 5710/22/2013

Sheesh r54, I'm no spelling troll but learn the freaking difference between "there", "their" and "they're", it ain't that hard.

by Anonymousreply 5810/22/2013

If you want celebrity narcissism, check out the series of pieces Roseanne is doing on HuffPo now looking back at her sitcom. Holy shit! I know people who worked on Roseanne and she was, objectively, a nightmare and horrible person.

by Anonymousreply 5910/22/2013

Besides the obvious narcs like Oprah, Madge, P. Diddy & Gwen P.............

SHIRLEY MACLAINE - Her daughter Sachi Parker painted a chilling portrait of her mother's narcissism in her book "Lucky Me" & I believe every word of it! Shirley's basically (unknowingly) admitted as much in interviews over the years.

JAY Z - A smug humorless character. It's evident in every interview & everything he touches. I'll never forget his uninformed/dismissive comments (after he himself grew up in public housing) during the height of the Occupy Movement. He's done well for himself after years of glamorizing violence, selling drugs to his own community & materialism at all cost. Now he hobnobs with Warren Buffet & The Obamas. From the Crack House To The White House!

Beyonce - A mediocre talent (at best) & corporate promotion success story who thinks more of herself than she truly should. Countless examples of her narcissism are on full display all over the web if anyone's interested. A few that stick out for me are her declaring herself an ICON & the time she tried to bully herself a Best Song Oscar for a song she didn't write! ("Listen" from Dreamgirls). I also recall several interviews (a few with Oprah) in which the mandatory ass kissing was kicked so far into high gear that it was truly comedic. "Beyonce, you're a Goddess", "Beyonce, you've got the best singing voice of the last 2 centuries", "Beyonce, in Obsessed you remind me of a young Meryl Streep", etc. I've got a feeling that even Babs Streisand would've blushed at this over-the-top admiration. Not Beyonce! The bitch just sits there with a smile & her head held high. She actually believes the garbage thrown at her by industry slaves.

KANYE WEST - What can I say about Miss West that hasn't already been said? Can you imagine any of the true musical geniuses of the 19th & 20th centuries publicly declaring themselves musical geniuses? You know......I think I truly could overlook KanGay's constant acts of fuckery if the piece of shit actually had REAL MUSICAL TALENT. But he doesn't! Not one drop! Yet another corporate puppet that sadly believes his own publicity releases. It's called Good Management, Successful Publicity Stunts & Blowjobs For The Right Executives NOT Musical Genius, Miss West!

by Anonymousreply 6110/22/2013

Kanye West rules this thread. Anybody who calls himself a genius usually ain't.

by Anonymousreply 6210/22/2013

The reason I can't stand Kanye is because he is a narcissist and he's only marginally talented. Oprah may be a narcissist, but at least she's had a mega career and done some very good things for people and thought about others in addition to herself.

People like Kanye, Bobby Brown, Kim Kardashian, "women" of the Real Housewives etc. are space wasting narcissists who have added nothing of value to this world except their own over-inflated egos.

by Anonymousreply 6310/22/2013

by Anonymousreply 6410/22/2013

Ben Stiller: incredibly vain and arrogant

Ashley Judd: NPD

by Anonymousreply 6510/23/2013

Oprah ego and her narcissistic personalty are bigger than the universe. Besides, she is pure trash!

Kanye West, JayZ, Angelia Jolie, Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Ben Affleck (and his pimp out my kids for publicity wife), Reese Witherspoon, James Franco, Donald Trump, Sting, Sissy Houston (for saying "why would I be jealous I made her!")

by Anonymousreply 6610/23/2013

Dr. Drew

I retweeted a Mia Farrow tweet criticizing him and he sent me (and probably Mia too) a negative response and then blocked me!!!!

by Anonymousreply 6710/23/2013

R66 , It's CISSY Houston & anyone with half a brain would realize that she simply meant that she couldn't possibly be jealous of her own child.

by Anonymousreply 6810/23/2013

I really disagree with OP's Oprah example. I found it funny that Oprah called out her twitter hater and confidentiality agreements are common place in the entertainment industry. Nothing "Howard Hughes"-like about it.

But Madonna owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6910/23/2013

Cissy Houston is a bitch.

Oprah: Would you be upset if Whitney were a lesbian.

Cissy: YES!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7010/23/2013

OP, you honestly think the great and powerful Oprah spends time on Twitter?

One of her paid flunkies posted that.

by Anonymousreply 7110/23/2013

R68

... "she simply meant that she couldn't possibly be jealous of her own child"

Whitney Houston had nothing to be proud of because she simply was made by her narcissistic mother. Cissy Houston is nothing but a bigot hate filled egomaniac!

by Anonymousreply 7210/23/2013

I see the girls ( R70 & R72 ) still have their gunts (guts/cunts) twisted in knots over Oprah's sit-down with Cissy Houston several months back. I don't agree with what the lady had to say, but what do you expect from an 80 year old that was raised on & continues to believe the church rhetoric she's heard all of her life? We may not personally like her stance on homosexuality but like it or not it's basic Christian doctrine. To let you melodramatic queens tell it you'd think she went on a full-blown anti-homo tirade. She didn't! When asked she stated that she didn't believe her daughter was gay & if she was she would have a problem with it. No big deal. If Whitney enjoyed slurping the occasional muff she obviously hid it from her mother!

by Anonymousreply 7310/23/2013

I disagree, R71. Oprah's narcissism probably draws her to Twitter like a moth to a flame. It's perfect for her. I'm sure her flunkies do most of the work on her account, but I'd bet my life that Ms O checks it obsessively as well.

by Anonymousreply 7410/23/2013

She got in trouble for tweeting something a while ago. Broke some FCC rule. I forget the details.

by Anonymousreply 7510/23/2013

R73

That whole family is a hypocritical shithole.

From Dionne making money promoting the psychic friends network, to Whitney's mom making money of her dead daughter via a tacky TV show and writing a book about her just one year after her death.

All the while they all go to church and think they are the best and devout people everywhere. Self righteously idiots!

by Anonymousreply 7610/23/2013

I don't think Madonna owns this thread anymore. Narcissist of the Decade (Century?): TED CRUZ

by Anonymousreply 7710/23/2013

Aren't all of them petty and narcissistic? If we have to name names, I think the Kardashians take the cake.

by Anonymousreply 7810/23/2013

R61 Has I right - with. Few more additions of my own. Some obvious, some not : Reese, Mel, Paris, Charlie, Mariah, Diddy, Ashton,Gwyneth, J-Lo, Jada, Naomi C., Alec B., Chris Brown

by Anonymousreply 7910/23/2013

Helen Reddy. Yes "I Am Woman" herself. I waited on her at a business and she got so mad that there was an extra fee she didn't know about, she tore up her paperwork and stormed out.

(I didn't know who she was until my manager told me afterwards....so sue him Helen!)

by Anonymousreply 8010/23/2013

R41, I completely agree about Cory Booker being an egomaniac. I wanted him to win, but I was thrilled he did get elected via a huge majority.

His "coronation" became a tight election, mostly due to his really poor campaign strategy of "Hi, I'm a good-looking guy with major celebrity friends, so come and vote (aka adore) me!"

by Anonymousreply 8110/23/2013

Cory will have to address the gay issue to go farther.

by Anonymousreply 8210/23/2013

It's not my fault.

by Anonymousreply 8310/23/2013

Brian Williams. He acted like nothing would be the same without his snaggle toothed mouth on the NBC nightly news while he takes his much explained knee surgery.

by Anonymousreply 8410/23/2013

These people sound insufferable!!! Behead them!!

by Anonymousreply 8510/23/2013

Cory Booker is a former employee of the organization i work with and appeared at a fundraiser. Everyone who got close to him said he smelled awful.

by Anonymousreply 8610/23/2013

I have to add Madonna to the list

Nile Rodgers telling the story -Madonna asked me why I did not want to fuck her-

by Anonymousreply 8710/24/2013

Nile's favorite diva was Donna Summer, who obviously had a way better voice than Madonna. That's who he really wanted to produce.

by Anonymousreply 8810/24/2013

Those people live in a bubble of ass kissers who distort all reality for them. They would probably be genuinely puzzled for being called on their bullshit because inside the bubble people make the bullshit happen. Doesn't excuse it.

by Anonymousreply 8910/24/2013

I'm no fan of Oprah, and never watched her show, but...

[quote]Other evidence of Oprah's obsessive need to control her image is that former employees can never speak about their employment there.

This isn't an Oprah thing. Non-disclosure agreements are very common, practically S.O.P. in employment agreements when a very high-profile person is involved, and were long before Oprah was Oprah. There's nothing at all unusual here, nothing to see. Move along.

by Anonymousreply 9010/24/2013

What really surprised me about the Hermes story, tucked some where in the article I read stated she receives seventy seventy million dollars per year from her OWN cable network. Who in their right mind would watch her network? Looking at the show listings, Dr. Phil? I rather watch Dr. Pol on Animal Planet.

by Anonymousreply 9210/24/2013

I have met many of the people in this thread...many professional athletes and women who have dated professional athletes (many actresses and singers). I have never met Tiger Woods, but it sounds like he took lessons from Michael Jordan on being a cheap ass. MJ has so much money, and refuses to tip, or even pay for anything. Remember his little stint as a minor league baseball player, when he issued the press release saying that he 'bought' the nicest tour bus of any minor league team? It was donated by a company that wanted him to do an endorsement. He cheated on his ex Juanita (who was a sweetheart) and is now cheating on the new, young, Caucasian wife, with anything that walks. I don't think she cares. I also knew MJs neighbor when he was married to his ex. She said that (gated community neighborhood) kids would get so excited to trick or treat at his house on Halloween, but the maid answered the door with cheap candy (jawbreakers and such). JLo is the worst nightmare of the females...just a tacky, rude, fake hooker. Prince is a demanding narcissistic misogynist, but he is talented, and not a cheapskate, so he gets a pass. I could go on and on...especially since I am finishing a bottle of red.

by Anonymousreply 9310/24/2013

Worse than MJ is Alex Rodriguez. Honestly, I can't say that I have ever met someone so full of themselves...to the point of being mentally ill. He honestly believes that he is the best looking man on the planet, and that this is why women like him. Delusional and stupid. On the other end of the spectrum, Patrick Dempsey (from Grey's anatomy) seems to have no idea how gorgeous he is...just a really sweet down to earth guy (I felt like I needed to say something positive about someone after ripping others to shreds).

by Anonymousreply 9410/24/2013

"Oprah does not do _stairs_!"

by Anonymousreply 9510/24/2013

I've known a couple of guys with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. NPS's are awful! One guy thought that lesbians were conspiring to keep him from his five kids. Any female that crossed him was a lesbian. Judge, attorney, cop, social worker, minister, teacher, coach, neighbor, girl scout leader. You name it. All man-hating lesbians. No one could convince this poor fool that it was his diagnosis, behavior and contempt for treatment that separated him from his kids and his job as a high school teacher. Total mindfuck to talk to such and intelligent guy say this kind of crazy shit. I'm sure many of these celebrities start out relatively normal but develop NPD as a side effect of fame and wealth. Still, with modern psychology, there's no excuse for it to continue.

by Anonymousreply 9610/24/2013

I will call you bitches up and MAKE YOU stand in MY truth. Understand?

by Anonymousreply 9710/24/2013

R96, don't get me started on NPD. I've had three partners who had the disorder. Each one of them were attractive, charming, and intelligent but completely impossible to deal with on any level.

by Anonymousreply 9810/24/2013

R61 Shirley Maclaine may be a world class bitch but, when it comes to her daughter Sachi Parker, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Trust me on this one. And that book was a hatchet job by an adult spoiled brat with a jealous streak. I like the part where she complained that her parents never helped her financially and then admitted that her father left her an estate in Japan worth millions (which she then lost because she was too lazy to claim it). Or when she complained that her mother wouldn't pay for her to go to college when she freely admits that she never applied herself in school and almost flunked out several times. Or when she complained that her mother paid for her expensive wedding but seemed "kind of annoyed" about it. (The wedding ended in divorce, just as her mother predicted). Or when she complained that her mother wouldn't use her power in Hollywood to get her acting jobs. She actually whines that her mother expected her to audition and win parts based on her skill rather than her famous parent. How awful. And I especially liked how she said her father may have once brushed his erection against her ass through their pajamas when she was sleeping with him as a child and then freely admits that it's a vague memory that may or may not have actually happened. She never even considers that he may have just had a normal nocturnal erection while he slept. (I suspect this passage was added just to spice up the book by alluding to actual abuse) What a wack-job.

by Anonymousreply 9910/24/2013

[quote]Helen Reddy. Yes "I Am Woman" herself. I waited on her at a business and she got so mad that there was an extra fee she didn't know about, she tore up her paperwork and stormed out.

What was the extra fee for and how much was it for?

I sometimes wonder if it is assumed that celebrities are so wealthy they won't pay attention to their bills so they stick it to them. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 10010/24/2013

Like attracts like, R98. Either that, or you're BPD.

Attracting ONE narcissistic partner is unfortiunate; attracting THREE narcissistic partners demonstrates pathology on your end.

Get help.

by Anonymousreply 10110/25/2013

...unfortunate

by Anonymousreply 10210/25/2013

I said I didn't like Oprah and my sister kicked me out. True story.

by Anonymousreply 10310/25/2013

I hate it when folks who get so much give so little. Being cheap works my nerves in particular.

Wouldn't it be impressive to make some hard working dog's day and tip them big? These multimillionaire tightwads decide to be such small people, sad.

I'm glad Tiger is not so great a player anymore, let some nicer person win for a change.

by Anonymousreply 10410/25/2013

R73

Funny she had no problem working for and cashing in big time from gay people like Luther Vandross. Sorry the whole family is a hypocritical shithole.

by Anonymousreply 10510/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.