Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

ICE raids at Galleria and The Woodlands Mall nab 13 Israeli citizens

More than a dozen Israeli citizens are facing immigration charges for overstaying their visas after federal agents arrested them working at kiosks in the Galleria and The Woodlands Mall.

Shortly before the two malls closed late Wednesday, federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations arrested 13 Israeli citizens along with an immigrant from Moldova. They were detained on administrative charges of remaining in the U.S. beyond the expiration date of their tourist and student visas, confirmed U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman Greg Palmore.

The eight women and six men detained were working at small kiosks inside the malls, selling various items, including scented soaps and Dead Sea bath salts. The mineral salts are not associated with synthetic stimulants known as bath salts that are being manufactured and sold illegally, leading to a number of drug-related deaths.

Palmore said the detained immigrants remain in ICE custody and the agency's investigation is continuing. ICE is not releasing names of those detained last week, and no other details were available.

U.S. agents arrested known members of Israeli organized crime gangs in Las Vegas in 2011, who pleaded guilty to extorting money and attempting to take over the operation of mall kiosks owned by Israeli-born businessmen, according to published reports.

Israeli media reported a January 2010 kidnapping in the Mexican resort town of Cancun of an Israeli bath salts store manager, a crime attributed to business rivals.

A spokesman for the Israeli consulate in Houston said they had no comment on the mall arrests. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm actually laughing because those bitches were obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 6202/23/2013

I thought the salt people were a So Cal thing...

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

PS -- I stopped going to malls because I don't like being accosted.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

Israeli "business" people, primarily of the retail variety, are just as low class, trashy, sketchy and ricky as any Russian or Arab. Maybe even more so.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

The malls that have these obnoxious kiosk people lose my business altogether. I have even considered suing them for having been forced to take their lotions and salts against my will. Basically, they have grabbed my arm and stuck this shit in my hands. It's battery, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

[quote]Basically, they have grabbed my arm and stuck this shit in my hands. It's battery, pure and simple.

Same here and I've had a few get really nasty when I pulled away and said "no thanks, not interested". If I go to a mall now, which is rare, and see them I will go to the other side and not make eye contact. They still scream for your attention though which I ignore.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

Anyone who grabs us in public, against our will, is commmiting battery. If this happens again I will be going to mall security. I will not give them my name though, as these kisok lowlifes would likely hunt me down.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

This makes me insanely happy. I hate those Dead Sea salt cunts at the Galleria.

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

We need one of those gun nuts to shoot one of those salt people in the face.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

PS -- the end of salt people would be the beginning of a mall shopping revival in the US.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

Obviously mall management has no clue on how to run their businesses, which is why most malls in America are unsuccessful and dying off.

If a mall manager cannot figure out that people shopping do not want to be grabbed and accosted by weirdos in kiosks than these malls need to go. I mean, how out of touch can one be?

I am almost tempted to write these malls and let them know that my family and I will never shop there because of the kiosk criminals.

by Anonymousreply 1001/29/2013

Two good friends of mine are NYC realtors and don't even get them started on Isrealis, who are everywhere in NY real estate. They have nothing but awful things to say.

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

Hey R12, just because I don't want these stinky broads touching me doesn't make me a frau.

No woman has a right to molest me, got it?

You sure sound like an hysterical frau with your attitude that women have a right to molest good-looking guys in public. I bet you're a fat one too, fantasizing about turning gay men, am I right, dear?

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

Oh, and I can't fight back, or be too strong in pulling my arm away, or I'll get accused of harming the bitch because I'm a guy, get it?

It's a real no-win situation for me, dearie.

And how do you know if I have PTSD and might throw a punch if someone grabs my arm? These cunts don't consider that I may have issues with being grabbed, and because I'm a guy it's just okey-dokey to have a woman grab me becuase I'll like it, eh?

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

Calling all gun nuts!

Calling all gun nuts!

Go to the mall!

Repeat: Go to the mall!

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

As an attractive gay man, all I can say is KIOSK BITCHES GET OFF MY TITS!

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

Wait, they weren't Mexican?

Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

Can they please do this with the Mexicans? Pease?

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

The government doesn't have any interest in ousting illegals from Mexico. Not even the republicans. It's just another talking point to get them re-elected.

They are good workers and cheap and a lot of wealthy people hire them, even Governor Goodhair.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

Illegal Mexicans will never be dealt with, because they are basically slave labor for the elite.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

Another reason to move out of California.

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

Bath and BodyWorks is sending a message: don't fuck with our brick and mortar stores with your damn kiosks!

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

California? This happened in Houston and the Woodlands, a Houston suburb.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

r23, the point being that what many considered a local So Cal issue is actually national -- international with the addition of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

I feel sorry for the stores near these fucking kiosks.

Their foot traffic is probably significantly lower than what it could be from all of the shoppers who avoid those spots within the mall.

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

There used to be some of them up here in Toronto, but they seem to be on the wane. One not bad looking dead Sea cream queen accosted me and then proceeded to ask me if I needed financial help when I told him the price of his concoction seemed a bit dare.

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2013

No special privileges for the Israelis anymore!

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2013

It has probably been more than 20 years since I have been to any mall. And while I lived near Houston for 11 years when I was young, I never went to the Galleria. It was for rich people trying to impress each other with their overspending.

But I thought that most Israeli citizens were actually American citizens who moved there, and their children would be American citizens also. Every Israeli who I talk to on the internet is an American, usually from New York or California, or their parents were. I don't know how they could be illegal in the US.

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2013

"an immigrant from Moldova"

This calls for a massacre!

by Anonymousreply 2901/30/2013

Who goes to the Galleria these days anyway? Malls are dying out because you have seen one, you have seen them all.

Most people are shopping real specialty or real cheap. Malls offer neither.

Geeez, I have not been there since it looked like this:

by Anonymousreply 3001/30/2013

If I have to be forced to go to the mall, I stay on the 2nd floor when possible, just because I hate running the gauntlet of kiosks on the main floor. I'm in Atlanta, but the actions are the same as the others have described.

by Anonymousreply 3101/30/2013

Like Oh, My, Gaud!!!

by Anonymousreply 3201/30/2013

I used to do architectural work for firms that built retail malls. Kiosks of any kind were considered cheap and low rent.

Usually it was the mall owners who tried to squeeze out a few extra bucks by renting the space and kiosks to sell cheap crap. AKA Wallmart.

That is why most high end malls don't do this anymore. It's just tacky.

Those guys average 60,000 a year profit. That is why they grab your arm.

by Anonymousreply 3301/30/2013

There was a raid by immigration on the salt kiosk in the mall in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia ( a very small town btw). My God, these pushy fucking Israelis are everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3401/30/2013

Avigdor run!

by Anonymousreply 3501/30/2013

Those kiosks are all over the Glendale Galleria now and have been for years -- are they at the Americana or the Grove?

by Anonymousreply 3901/30/2013

Good god, can ICE get their asses over at the King of Prussia Mall and arrests these losers? They also are the "natural nail" people and yes, i bought something from them just because they were so pushy. I now avoid all malls that rent kiosks to these losers.

by Anonymousreply 4001/30/2013

[quote]But I thought that most Israeli citizens were actually American citizens who moved there, and their children would be American citizens also.

This is a mind-blowingly stupid sentence.

[quote]If I have to be forced to go to the mall, I stay on the 2nd floor when possible, just because I hate running the gauntlet of kiosks on the main floor.

At the Houston Galleria, this trick doesn't work. The fucking kiosks are on every level. They are (were?) especially bad on the second level of the Galleria 4.

[quote]Who goes to the Galleria these days anyway? Malls are dying out because you have seen one, you have seen them all.

For a long time the only reason to go there was the Apple Store, the closest Apple location to downtown. Now there's one at Highland Village inside the Loop, and both the Borders and Barnes & Noble have closed, thus so long, Galleria.

by Anonymousreply 4201/30/2013

[quote]But I thought that most Israeli citizens were actually American citizens who moved there, and their children would be American citizens also.

Brilliant troll. Anyway, to me it seems most Israelis are from Russia or Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 4301/30/2013

r43 wishes

by Anonymousreply 4401/30/2013

The Galleria now has a Cricket store. Collapse complete. Gavel down.

by Anonymousreply 4501/30/2013

Most Israelis who immigrate to America or Canada are actually from ex-Soviet republics. After the fall of the Soviet Union, they benefitted from Israeli citizenship laws, even though their Judaism was in name only and certainly not based on any evidence of religious practice. Once they had Israeli passports, it was much easier for them to move here than, say, with Ukrainian or Russian passports.

by Anonymousreply 4601/30/2013

R46 is right, and I know for a fact that most aren't even Jewish. Many are outright anti-semites as well. Jews are on to them and dislike them even more than we do. And by the way, as far as pushy goes, American Jews are some of the most laid-back people around. Try Russians, Arabs, Koreans, Persians, and a few others who get raunchy with the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 4701/30/2013

Are they Israelis due to the fact that somehow they managed to obtain Israeli passports? Yes. Because some long forgotten great grandfather in Russia was Jewish and passed down the last name, even though they always identified as Russians. Do they even speak Hebrew? Probably as much as anyone taking the basic 3 month course upon moving to Israel. What is the language they speak? Russian. Do they go to the temple? No. So, draw your own conclusions, R48.

by Anonymousreply 4901/31/2013

Not from Israel or even Jewish. But at least you painted yourself as an antisemite, R49. At least bigots do a good job revealing their true colors.

by Anonymousreply 5101/31/2013

The point is that these Russian "jews" came here on refugee status, set up by naive politicians. For decades, they have been given every freebie in the book, all by dingbats like Diane Feinstein and Henry Waxman.

It's true, they are some of the most anti-semitic people around and have no shame in speaking of it. It's a joke to them that they have played Jewish politicians here and gained their sympathy.

Anyone from Israel can be anything. Many are not religious, in any context. There are many scammers and fakers out there.

by Anonymousreply 5301/31/2013

What kills me is that these so-called refugees get treated with kid gloves and yet latinos are exploited for the most part. Why aren't impoverished latinos considered refugees?

The democrats and republicans have done very little in recognizing our latino work force yet whole-heartedly supports immigrants who do almost nothing and are from Russia and Israel. It really shows you that these two parties do not represent the American people and should be discarded as the dinosaurs that they are.

We need to start voting third party or just become independants. The two major parties do not represent anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5401/31/2013

[quote] Why aren't impoverished latinos considered refugees?

Because they're not officially considered to be fleeing from repression. Even though many of them actually are: violent discrimination against indigenous tribes, and narcoterrorism. It sucks to be a poor Indian in today's Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 5501/31/2013

[quote] am almost tempted to write these malls and let them know that my family and I will never shop there because of the kiosk criminals.

Well, duh! How is the mall supposed to know you stopped going there because of the kiosks unless you write to them and tell them? do they have ESP? If only thirty different people (with different addresses -- not the same person writing 30 times) write and tell them this, they will get serious about it. But everyone just sits back and says, "Somebody ought to do something about it."

by Anonymousreply 5701/31/2013

I worked at a NYC hospital in the 90s with a lot of Jewish doctors. They couldn't stand the Russian Jewish immigrants because of how they were working the system. "I see a patient on Monday. Turns out the patient entered the country last Monday, his kids who preceded him to the US take him down to the social security office on Tuesday, he's on Medicare on Thursday and wants to be scheduled for free heart surgery before the end of this week. My grandmother from Russia scrubbed floors so her kids could go to college and these assholes are collecting free everything within a week of getting off the plane!"

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2013

Jews always turn on each other.

by Anonymousreply 5902/01/2013

Tai gets attacked, now this. Is nothing sacred anymore?

by Anonymousreply 6002/01/2013

The point is that ALL the SIMONS malls working with all the Israelis cosmetics companies (one products with a differants name) because the Simons malls leasing departement needs them, if you are a small american company who wish to get into one of the simons mall your chanch will be 0 . we are talking about big money here with 0 $$$ taxes paying to the IRS or to the American government .

by Anonymousreply 6102/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.