Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Live With Kelly & Michael is excruciating.

I accompanied my mom for some medical tests. They have this show playing on the tube in the waiting room. Lawdy, this is beyond painful to watch and listen. They're both so hyper, and just so phony. I guess the stay at home soccer moms eat this shit up. The only consolation is that I'd like to jump Michael's bones and bounce on his dick, but being subjected to the mindless chatter is a huge price to pay.

by Anonymousreply 9808/12/2013

[quote]They're both so hyper, and just so phony.

That's all this show has ever been, whether it's with Regis, Kathy Lee, Michael, or a guest host. They're all phony, which is why I never watch it.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

When one jumps on Michael's bones and bounces on his dick, I rather imagine that Kelly -- if she is present -- stifles the badinage.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

They really fucked that show up after the ancient old queen left.

Kelly Ripa's attempt at being "edgy" by hiring the giant, black, former football player went over like a lead balloon. The guy isn't talk show material. He comes across friendly and likable, but he has no other experience with broadcast television.

I don't watch the show. Never have but I see the endless, tiresome promos for it and even from that I can tell it's crashing and burning.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

I leave for work around 9:30 am so I've watched host chat for years. I agree the new co-host is bad.

I love handsome, hunky black men, but Michael does nothing for me. I can't get past the gap and the lisp and his styling is stuck in late 90's sportscaster mode. He seems friendly but adds no interesting stories or sense of humor to host chat. He just reads the inane news articles Gelman puts in front of him.

It was certainly time for Regis to retire, but he at least could spin a funny story and create running jokes with Kelly. She played off him well but is annoying now, when she has to do all the work.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

She's naturally hyper and all over the map, but he's not. He's much more low key IRL, and it's downright painful watching him try to compete with her as they discuss the sparcity of chicken wings for super bowl sunday.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

Always thought he was the worst choice for host, he's not hip, funny or savvy! Tony Danza would be much better!

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

[quote]Tony Danza would be much better!

Yes, someone who already had a failed talk show back in 2005 would be a much better host. *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

The show was so funny and fresh back in the Reege and Kathie Lee days. Now it's just a lame imitator. Kill it already.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

I agree ... at first, I watched just to see what was going on and thought this Michael guy was hot and sexy, but the more I watched it, the more annoying they became. She is really quite a strange woman; she creeps me out. And I hate her I-still-think-like-a-teenager schtick. He is a bore.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

This is probably the third article I've read since July that says the post Regis era is doing well. I wasn't sure about Michael's appeal to their main demographic but the show seems to be doing well.

by Anonymousreply 1008/07/2013

You missed the show's low point several months ago when Kelly told Oprah that looking at her was like "staring into the sun."

by Anonymousreply 1108/07/2013

Dang, her son has developed his first vpl.

by Anonymousreply 1208/07/2013

Whoa, R12. He's only 13 in that pic? He's going to be a big boy one day.

by Anonymousreply 1308/07/2013

I find Kelly terrible to view because she is so skeletal and anorexic and shrunken and shriveled.

She looks ghastly ill.

She has chosen to have the body of a nine year old girl.

by Anonymousreply 1408/07/2013

like father like son.

by Anonymousreply 1508/07/2013

She works for ABC, R15. That's how ABC wants its women to look.

by Anonymousreply 1608/07/2013

Did y'all see the item on blind gossip about him being gay, and Nicole Murphy being a beard (again)?

by Anonymousreply 1708/07/2013

Yes, Kelly's rail thin body is just too distracting now, especially next to Michael who is just so robust looking. The show is doing really well so they will probably have many years together.

by Anonymousreply 1808/07/2013

Yes, r17. He was allegedly dating Dr Ian Smith! Wendy Williams got hours of material for her old radio show out of rumors about Michael. She talked about him all the time. I wonder if she'll ever be on their show.

by Anonymousreply 1908/07/2013

I haven't watched the show in years because I can't stand it!! WOW! Kelly son is as tall as her at R12 link! My gosh time flies! He is turning out to be good looking, much better looking than his parents. You notice in those pictures with Kelly and her son she is talking to him and he is not paying attention to her? LOL! smart kid!

Live is thee major screaming hysterical frau mecca. Kelly always looked liked Bugs Bunny with her buck teeth, and she is also an idiot along with her loser husband. They talk about stuff that I don't even remotely give a shit about. It's like, You know last night I had trouble sleeping ,and so I got up and my husband was snoring as usual, (audience) ha! ha! applause! Ladies, you know what mean? Then they talk to the usual Hollywood loser who I don't remotely care about and stuff that can put you to sleep.

The same with Rachel Ray show and she has these Hollywood losers ,which they talk about this BS like they want to make themselves out like they are just like everyone else ,and the are boring as hell to listen to. Then see Rachel overly excited with joy listening to this boring shit like they are so interesting and exciting, major eye roll!

Don't understand why people want to waste their time was crap likes these shows. People! read a good book and get some intellectual stimulation. Can the viewers of these shows contemplate what a book is? Maybe that is asking too much. What a waste of precious time on complete crap.

by Anonymousreply 2008/07/2013

I like Michael. He's charming and entertaining, and I think he makes a great host.

Kelly needs to go. People liked her in the beginning because she was a one eighty from Kathie Lee, but she's gotten even bitchier and faker than Gifford ever was. And she looks terrible. But I've heard rumors about how Andy Cohen likes to "party", and since she's besties with him.....

by Anonymousreply 2108/07/2013

Just when I think it's safe to grant the human race the credit it's denied for being smaeter than speculated I remember the popularity of Kelly Rippa. She's insufferably irritating and fucking looks like Howdy Doody post op, especially in those toothpaste commercials she does. Michael, on the other hand, can just get on me whenever he has a free evening.

by Anonymousreply 2208/07/2013

Kelly's son Michael is actually 16, and that's why his cock is fairly big in that photo. I've heard that Mark is tinymeat, though - he must get his size from Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 2308/07/2013

Michael Consuelos looks a lot like his dad.

by Anonymousreply 2408/07/2013

Is that their apartment at the link at R25? Gosh!their decor is tacky as hell and dull!

R25, I agree but he still is better looking especial out in the natural sunlight. The lighting in that picture is too dark.

by Anonymousreply 2508/07/2013

If she doesn't like her co-host, she's stuck with him anyhow because the ratings are good.

Kelly is way too skinny, she does not look healthy, she looks like a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 2608/07/2013

Kelley looks wormy.

by Anonymousreply 2708/07/2013

Y'all better tread lightly with these comments about Kelly's son. You know she and Cohen and Cooper have gay servants that read this site. We will be table talk on tomorrow's show!

by Anonymousreply 2808/07/2013

Why talk about a 16 year olds' dick. It's creepy and inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 2908/07/2013

Who the fuck cares, R30? It's not like anyone here wants to molest him. Are you a New York frau?

by Anonymousreply 3008/07/2013

I discovered "Talking Liberally: The Stephanie Miller Show" a while back. She's on while Kelly and Michael are, so I never watch them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3108/07/2013

Michael is fug.

by Anonymousreply 3208/07/2013

Regis, cantankerous as he is, had broadcast energy -you'd see it on Letterman. Gifford and Ripa played off that in different ways. On their own they have little charisma.

Kelly and Michael have simpatico, but no alchemy there. They're like any 5 o'clock news team. Pleasant but boring

Ripa and Probst had real, spiky tension - his annoyance with her BS was palpable. That would've been a better match, but they went onto separate boring programs

by Anonymousreply 3408/07/2013

Josh Groban did an outstanding guest host spot on this show when they were trying to find a permanent replacement. He would have raised the show up from the downturn with Regis leaving.

I was shocked to watch with Michael S.

Saturday Night Live did a parody skit and it was shockingly accurate to how the show now comes off.

by Anonymousreply 3508/07/2013

I love that Regis doesn't speak to her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 3608/07/2013

r37, I did not know that.

He is a true veteran of live television.

Kelly might be nice, but she needs to play off someone really smart and sophisticated and use her charm to make it work. Currently non-existent.

Would have better to have Mark Consuelos as perm host and do a Lucy and Ricky type morning show. At least there is a real relationship there.

by Anonymousreply 3708/07/2013

Consuelos is too coked up.....remember his flop sweat when he was part of Oprah's panel?

by Anonymousreply 3808/07/2013

I like Michael except for that damn gap. He seems like a nice, fun guy and it's good to have a black male talk show host.

Kelly is annoying and needs to go. I never liked her. Her voice is so irritating and she is too thin.

R19 Nicole Murphy was on Wendy's show about 2 weeks ago, so I guess the old gossip about Strahan doesn't bother her.

by Anonymousreply 3908/07/2013

Arsenio Hall would have been a great choice, r40

by Anonymousreply 4008/07/2013

For the last three years that Regis was on, she carried him every moment. He didn't know who most of the guests were, what they were doing, and couldn't even prounounce their names. She had to be ready to jump in to make him look like he wasn't totally losing it. She also had to cover for him when his temper flared.

There was one show where they were introducing all the new cars for the year and, at the end of the show, Regis was supposed to drive off into NY traffic in one of the posh cars. He got in and couldn't figure out how to start it and just sat there screaming at Michael Gelman. He was a nasty old man. Joy Philbin must have her own bedroom and lounge area away from him.

by Anonymousreply 4108/07/2013

[quote]He got in and couldn't figure out how to start it and just sat there screaming at Michael Gelman

that was supposed to be comedy

by Anonymousreply 4208/07/2013

R41 yes but Arsenio is getting his own late night show this fall, so he was out of the running I assume.

I'm just glad Regis is fucking gone. He's too old and I'm over him. Unfortunately, he and fucking Larry King are doing this "even though I decided to retire from my talk show I want to keep appearing as a guest on every other talk show" thing. Stay the fuck home geezers. I'm sick of those 2 walking corpses. I love Betty White, Joan Rivers and Cloris Leachman, but Philbin and King need to disappear from view.

by Anonymousreply 4308/07/2013

Arsenio is too edgy for the morning

by Anonymousreply 4408/07/2013

[quote]They really fucked that show up after the ancient old queen left.

I never heard any rumors about Regis, did you mean "queen" just generically?

by Anonymousreply 4508/07/2013

r46...where have you really need to keep up with your elder gay gossip.

by Anonymousreply 4608/07/2013

I don't watch the show, because I think Kelly is so fake.

by Anonymousreply 4708/07/2013

[quote]WOW! Kelly son is as tall as her

Besides the fact that the linked photo showing VPL was taken in 2011, Kelly is extremely short, she's about 5'2"-5'3"!

I doubt any of their kids will be tall, Mark is also quite short.

Kelly in person is a scary sight, her skin is yellow, either from bad fake tans or her horrible diet, she is severely underweight.

She's become incredibly bitchy since she first started with Reege. She was also a normal weight when she started.

Kelly and Michael sometimes do a segment at the end of the show where they read emails from viewers who are reacting to the live show.

One morning, a viewer sent in a funny comment alluding to something Kelly said about her mom during the first few minutes where she yaps away with Michael.

Apparently whatever the viewer said really offended Kelly, she looked into the camera and made a really nasty comment re the email. She started it with, "How dare you talk about my mom like that..." She sounded serious, she wasn't smiling, she was scowling. Michael looked at her like, "WTF?!" He was taken aback.

Anyone with half a brain could see the email was harmless and funny. This Kelly bitch either has a really thin skin or it could be she really does have a drug problem!

by Anonymousreply 4808/07/2013

[quote]that was supposed to be comedy

And when Regis apologized for losing his temper, no doubt that was supposed to be comedy, too. *rolls eyes*

by Anonymousreply 4908/07/2013

I was about to say the same thing R47. There's a great thread in the archives that pops up once or twice a year that tells about Regis in a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 5008/07/2013

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 6 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 5108/07/2013

R23 here. To R29, my referencs to Michael is to Strahan. I had no idea this chick has a kid named Michael. The only thing I do know about her is that she's brain rot.

by Anonymousreply 5208/07/2013

Reege was all over the male guests, he was always rubbing their legs telling them what "big handsome studs" they were, it was really bizarre.

Many of the male guests were visibly uncomfortable when Reege was mauling them! Reege was constantly eye raping them!

As R42 posted, Kelly did carry the show when Reege was still there. He'd be talking to a guest, then suddenly blurt out, "What's your name again?" as if he was joking but he wasn't.

Unless it was some older movie star hawking a book, Reege was quite clueless about most of the new actors and actresses.

It was excruciating, when during the opening segment, he would go on and on about Dean Martin or his old days in Hollywood working with Joey Bishop. It was the same stories over and over again. It would have been interesting had he added some different stories, but he just kept repeating the same ones.

by Anonymousreply 5308/07/2013

The major ass kissing that has been going on through out the years on this show when these Hollywood losers comes on makes me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 5408/07/2013

R54 I'd rather hear about LA in the 60s than see Ripa's prom photo again, hear about Soul Cycle, or hear about Michael's brothers telling him he had a fat ass or see his crooked fingers again.

Regis is old.Ripa and Strahan are dull and booooring.

Did they keep the Canadian audience? Shame they didn't go with Jesse Palmer - he had an energy that Strahan lacks. Fox Sunday football preshow is soooo tired and flat, and Strahan so smug...

Miss Reege, but gave up on Live!. The rest - The View, that charisma-free demented Sasquatch Wendy Williams, the trailer-trash court bilge...hope Vieira does well.

by Anonymousreply 5508/07/2013

How are the ratings?

(BTW what is a good site to check daytime show ratings?)

by Anonymousreply 5608/07/2013

Neil Patrick Harris always did a great job when he co-hosted with Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 5708/07/2013

They should have gone with Pat Kiernan. He's a quick, droll wit and beloved in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 5808/07/2013

Thanks to the post which referenced the SNL parody of M&K. I watch SNL nearly every week, but somehow I missed that one. It was HILARIOUS and so on point. It truly was difficult to discern the difference between the real players and the SNL actors. Except of course for the running gag throughout the bit in which Strachan continually keeps scratching his head in wonderment at what an easy cushy job he now has when compared to the bruising routine of NFL football. I like him very much. If that makes me a frau, so be it. I agree that the chemistry is non-existent between the two, and that is a shame. But from the chattering women with whom I associate, this duo is not going anywhere soon. They are adored by nearly all ladies of(shockingly) all ages and Michael is now viewed as the pre-scandal Tiger Woods by white women. They see him as non threatening, collegial and most important(to them) as "respectful" of Kelly. That my friends is a winning combo for the audience which they are targeting.

One mo' thing: I find it touching and endearing that Letterman has remained steadfastly loyal and supportive of ol' Reege, whether he is truly in praecox dementia or not. Dave has surely shown some very likable qualities in the years following his bypass and birth of Harry his son. Of course for we Latterman purists, we miss the old vinegar and lemon Dave...but his mellowing has clearly made him a happier man, and that is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 5908/07/2013

What's not to love.

by Anonymousreply 6008/07/2013

Ugh, my ex used to watch that fucking show every morning...and he's not a frau or a flyover. He lived in Los Angeles. It was the most excruciating hour of my day. He'd sit there and just laaaaaugh.

by Anonymousreply 6108/08/2013

Wrong choice to replace Regee. There's no real difference between the two. They are both doing the same act. That's the real problem.

by Anonymousreply 6208/08/2013

They never should have put that colored boy with that pretty white gal. It's wrong! It's like miscegnation.

by Anonymousreply 6308/08/2013

r60 = Gellman

by Anonymousreply 6408/08/2013

"They never should have put that colored boy with that pretty white gal. It's wrong! It's like miscegnation."

Wow, lIttle Baby North West is already railing against parents Kim and Kanye?

by Anonymousreply 6508/08/2013

HA! That's funny. I must have come across as a Regis stan, but I actually prefer Michael to Reege at the time of his, ahem, retirement.

by Anonymousreply 6608/08/2013

I think it's kind of odd that ET looking Kelly has not kept in touch with Regis after he left, honestly, what's the deal with that?

If it weren't for Regis and Gelman, what the hell would she be doing? She's a mediocre actress, her primetime sitcom bombed.

IIRC, the soap she was on is no longer on. She'd be unemployed. If she had to depend on her husband for support, he's not much of an actor either.

She should be extremely grateful every fucking day of her anorexic life that Regis and Gelman hired her. Yet she blows the old coot off completely?

She's admitted in interviews that she hasn't kept in touch with Regis since he left, what a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6708/08/2013

The show doesn't seem to be suffering without Regis. Looks like the ratings are holding up well.

by Anonymousreply 6808/08/2013

I watched the Kelly & Michael on Monday for the first time in years. Robin Roberts was filling in for Kelly. I guess the screaming, yelling standing ovation for the two hosts is standard practice. But, Roberts seemed completely out of place -- always a smile on her face and constantly joking around. It would have made for a great SNL parody of the show. I hope she the good sense to never do the show again.

by Anonymousreply 6908/08/2013

This show is 1000 times better then it was with Regis. God what an awful human being he was.

by Anonymousreply 7008/08/2013

{quote}This show is 1000 times better then it was with Regis. God what an awful human being he was.

Whatever type of human being Regis was/is, Kelly should acknowledge she would not be making her $20 million a year salary without him and Gelman agreeing to hire her.

There is no way she'd be making that kind of money anywhere else, especially not as an actress because she's a terrible actress.

I cannot stand when people do not acknowledge how others have helped them with their careers.

$20 Million? She's not even worth $500,000! She works one hour a day!

by Anonymousreply 7108/08/2013

I hope she is getting some help with her food issues.

by Anonymousreply 7208/08/2013

What's this??!! Michael Strahan might be gay??!! .. *races out the door and heads over to ABC tv Studios*

by Anonymousreply 7308/08/2013

How is she supposed to keep in touch with Reege when he thinks she was behind efforts to dump him? He figured he was young and vibrant and could go on for another decade. Since they didn't want him, he assumes Kelly pushed him out.

by Anonymousreply 7408/08/2013

I wouldn't be surprised if she did try to have him pushed out. She's let her nasty bitch side show quite a few times. Most recently with Judith Light.

I remember when Priscilla Presley told her to shut up and she sat there pouting like a two year old child for the rest of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 7508/08/2013

"I cannot stand when people do not acknowledge how others have helped them with their careers."

I hope that was a joke, Regis never helped anyone but himself.Kelly was a breath of fresh air after Kathy Lee.

by Anonymousreply 7608/08/2013

RE: This show is 1000 times better then it was with Regis

by Anonymousreply 7708/09/2013

"They really fucked that show up after the ancient old queen left."

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 7808/09/2013

White or Red, R79?

by Anonymousreply 7908/09/2013

R80 The queen or the wine?

by Anonymousreply 8008/09/2013

Wine please!

by Anonymousreply 8108/09/2013

Wow at that Gawker compilation! It reminds me a lot of my grandmother, who is around the same age and going through the same issues. I usually just let my grandmother go on as long as she wants, I can't imagine what it was like to have to rein that in on national television every morning.

by Anonymousreply 8208/09/2013

Judith Light deserved what she got from Kelly Ripa since she was being unnecessarily snide and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 8308/09/2013

Kelly is so fake and anorexic. At least Regis made me laugh, even if it was often at him.

by Anonymousreply 8408/09/2013

What happened between Judith Light and Kelly Bugs Bunny?

by Anonymousreply 8508/09/2013

[quote]How is she supposed to keep in touch with Reege when he thinks she was behind efforts to dump him? He figured he was young and vibrant and could go on for another decade. Since they didn't want him, he assumes Kelly pushed him out.

It's called being the bigger person. What are you twelve? IF Kelly truly had nothing to feel guilty about, why shouldn't she call Regis just to say 'Hi'?

Seems she might have been behind efforts to dump him, but it's high doubtful. She doesn't have that kind of power, Gelman is the real power behind the show, as well as the other producers.

Most viewers don't know what it takes to produce this morning fluff.

The people behind the scenes getting the celebs(producers, bookers etc), the daily 'scripts' re the nonsense the hosts talk about and the people who gather and verify the info the hosts ask the celebs etc.

The real stars of these morning talk shows are the behind-the-scenes people who make everything come alive. It's the same situation with any job, the 'little' people who make the bosses look good.

It was nice to see Joy Behar acknowledge the behind-the-scenes people today during her last morning on "The View".

I love when the stars put Kelly in her place, she's really become full of herself over the years.

by Anonymousreply 8608/09/2013

Kelly probably had to listen to Gelman and the network heads as to how to handle Regis' departure from the show. She had to be a team player or else she would be next TO GO.

by Anonymousreply 8708/09/2013

[quote]IF Kelly truly had nothing to feel guilty about, why shouldn't she call Regis just to say 'Hi'?

How many times is she supposed to call and find he can't come to the phone... again? Duh!

by Anonymousreply 8808/09/2013

Most work relationships exist only when people work together.

Once the working together stops, so does the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 8908/10/2013

actually r90...when Regis was on Letterman recently, Letterman was trying to stir up trouble and asked the Rege if he ever sees kathie lee and then said oops I mean Kelly. Regis said yes I see kathie lee once a month for dinner...then when letterman asked about ripa, rege just repeated yes i see kathie lee once a month....

by Anonymousreply 9008/10/2013

I never watch Letterman Show. He is not funny and I do not see the appeal.

Regis is at least entertaining and knows how to keep a show interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9108/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 9208/11/2013

[quote]Regis said yes I see kathie lee once a month for dinner.

That's interesting. He didn't speak to her for years after she left. Now that he's pissed at Kelly, he goes back to Kathie Lee.

by Anonymousreply 9308/12/2013

[quote]It's called being the bigger person. What are you twelve? IF Kelly truly had nothing to feel guilty about, why shouldn't she call Regis just to say 'Hi'?

Do you know for a fact that she has not tried to contact him?

If he's acting all miffed at her this much later, can you imagine how he acted on his way out? You know he was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 9408/12/2013

I am just glad that Michael's selection has worked out so well for the show.

by Anonymousreply 9508/12/2013

I don't watch the show because it's not the sort of thing I enjoy. From what I've seen of them, Kelly and Michael don't bother me. It's all fairly innocuous.

by Anonymousreply 9608/12/2013

How did your mom's tests go, OP?

by Anonymousreply 9708/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!