Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Predatory Elder Fraus (Mrs. Robinson syndrome)...your (& my) experience of...

I was watching The Graduate on TV a couple of nights ago and it reminded me of being twenty years old, new to New York (from England) and how several times I was practically raped by older married women friends of my parents who I thought were just being nice, inviting me over because I was new to the city.

Clearly I was very naive (just like Ben at the beginning of The Graduate)...also I was gay, so not the least bit interested.

One time, a family friend, married with three kids, came to NY from Chicago and called ahead and asked if I'd like to meet up and join her and her friends, as her guest, for dinner and the new Tom Stoppard on B'way and I was practically raped at The Stanhope. She seemed amazed that all I was interested in was dinner at a top NY restaurant and the hot Broadway show and that my enthusiasm to join them wasn't anything to do with her forty-five year old body.

Likewise my mother's married best friend had me over to dinner and the same thing happened.

Finally I got the message that older women friends of my parents weren't just interested in being 'nice' to this new kid in town. Also that New York women over forty were far more predatory than their London counterparts.

Anyone else here have stories of Mrs. Robinsons?

by Anonymousreply 2107/16/2014

Some older women are hot for younger men. Yes British girls are less aggressive for sure but still interested in younglings. You should have given them a right fucking though. That would have been a fabulous rite of passage. If they were hot like Mrs Robinson was then it would have been worth it.You're gay you say? Didn't George Carlin talk about someone grabbing you in the dark in the middle of the woods and it felt good, so the sex of the person didn't matter.

New York women are more aggressive but you have been one hot tamale if you had Mrs Robinson types after you.It's quite flattering for women to come after you. They act so differently when they want some from a guy as opposed to a guy hitting on another guy.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

Most of that sort predatory energy is sublimated into hurting young women rather than perusing young men (social mores and all that).

Think of Scarlett noting the older women huddled together in one corner of the room, watching and waiting for her to make one wrong move.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

r4 = Debbie Downer

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

I'm a 46 year old gay man and I've had a few encounters with older women in the past.

The first was when I was 21. I ran into an older friend of a friend of my Mom's at a shopping mall one afternoon. She must have been in her 50s. She was really friendly, we chatted a bit, and she asked if I wouldn't mind giving her a ride home. Strange request, I thought, but whatever. I was naive. I drove her home and she invited me in for a cold drink. She brought me a beer. She went into her bedroom to change (since it was so hot out) and came back out wearing a flimsy, summery, low cut halter dress. No bra. I could see her nipples and her floppy tits underneath. She sat next to me and after more beer and increasingly flirty conversation, things got sexual. We ended up fucking in her bedroom.

We met a few more times that summer.

I knew I was probably gay, but here was a blatant sexual invitation. I was a horny young man and just went with the flow. It was actually fun.

The second time was when I was in my 30s. I was definitely gay and out at that time. I was in the hotel bar one evening and was hit on by an older woman, also there on business. She was really quite beautiful and well put together. We chatted, ordered more drinks, got increasingly drunk and she invited me up to her room for a nightcap. Of course I knew what she wanted. But I was drunk and horny and thought, "What the hell?" The sheer novelty of it was enough to turn me on. And it was fun as well.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

R7 With gay sugar daddies it's about the money.Why go for an old queen when you can get a fresh young twink instead. With straight guys they are attracted to and want to have sex with young women mostly BUT the older women has some kind of fascination. Especially if her body and face has held up. I know a hot 70 year old women who is getting hit on by 45 year old guys.

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

[quote]With gay sugar daddies it's about the money.Why go for an old queen when you can get a fresh young twink instead.

Not true at all. Not everyone wants a twink. I've always been attracted to older men. My partner, who I've been with for 16 years, is 14 years older than me. The attraction certainly wasn't money. I just like mature men. I like men who are experienced and smart and who have been around. Who have lost some hair or have gone gray. To me that's much sexier and more attractive than some half-baked, hairless, brainless twink.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

What does "practically raped" mean OP?

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

typical dumb-at-dirt gayling.

You didn't actually think she - or any other adult with financial means an education and who had seen the world - actually believed you were intelligent enough to offer anything interesting to an adult conversation about Stoppard or that your life had included anything of merit to offer in terms of comparative dining did you, dea?

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

"If she has those sheets, you're the trick."

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

R14, what about this were you unable to understand?

[quote]Clearly I was very naive (just like Ben at the beginning of The Graduate).

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

But how did you like the play, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

Hey guys, remember when she was dating her personal trainer? They were so cute together, and she said that he must really care for her since he had seen her at her grungiest!

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2014

I just hiss, "I smell fish!" and they back away.

by Anonymousreply 2007/16/2014

Three of my father's four wives put the moves on me when I was a teenager and Dad was away. (Mom being the exception, of course...)

by Anonymousreply 2107/16/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!