Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I know it's next year, but how will people be able to get Obamacare?

I'm going to probably lose my job this year. I work for a hospital and they're getting rid of the older more expensive workers and it's obvious that I'm in that number. I'm going to have to open my own practice, something I never wanted to do, but there are no jobs around here.

Anyone know how this works? Is there a link I can't find?

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

I've been "getting it" since 2011. Every state has some kind of bridge health care until 2014. It provides insurance with no pre-existing conditions. It is the most comprehensive insurance I have ever had for $440 a month.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

Check out the link, OP. The pre-existing condition coverage is a special plan which requires that you haven't had insurance for 6 months. It's an interim plan until other options click in, such as the Medicaid expansion and state insurance exchanges in 2014.

Good luck and good health.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

Thanks guys. I live in Louisiana and we're killed by Jindal.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

Jindal can huff and buff all he wants, then the Federal government will take over.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

The exchanges will start appearing in October of this year, with the actual insurance coverage beginning in January 2014. Each exchange will be required to offer one non-profit option, which I assume will be less expensive than the other for-profit options.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.