Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I know it's next year, but how will people be able to get Obamacare?

I'm going to probably lose my job this year. I work for a hospital and they're getting rid of the older more expensive workers and it's obvious that I'm in that number. I'm going to have to open my own practice, something I never wanted to do, but there are no jobs around here.

Anyone know how this works? Is there a link I can't find?

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

I've been "getting it" since 2011. Every state has some kind of bridge health care until 2014. It provides insurance with no pre-existing conditions. It is the most comprehensive insurance I have ever had for $440 a month.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

Check out the link, OP. The pre-existing condition coverage is a special plan which requires that you haven't had insurance for 6 months. It's an interim plan until other options click in, such as the Medicaid expansion and state insurance exchanges in 2014.

Good luck and good health.

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

Thanks guys. I live in Louisiana and we're killed by Jindal.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

Jindal can huff and buff all he wants, then the Federal government will take over.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

The exchanges will start appearing in October of this year, with the actual insurance coverage beginning in January 2014. Each exchange will be required to offer one non-profit option, which I assume will be less expensive than the other for-profit options.

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!