Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Howard Stern: 'let me sum up why people hate Anne Hathaway'

LMAO!!!

Let me sum up why people hate Anne Hathaway...First of all. She gets a speechwriter to write her speech...She’s overly dramatic at these awards shows."

"She’s always, always out of breath…It’s perfect,...cause this award is called "The Actor”. She’s even acting when she’s winning an award. This is a performance...Calm f**king down and stop acting crazy…It’s a sh**ty award…You know how sh**ty this award is? Baba Booey voted in this.”

by Anonymousreply 4901/29/2013

But they were all nominated with such A-MAZING other actors. And voted on by our peers which makes it so special.

And oh yeah, I've had my SAG card since I was 14, and I get to act for a living.

by Anonymousreply 101/29/2013

Howard took to his Twitter and just copied and pasted Oprah's tweets. @ 21:47

by Anonymousreply 201/29/2013

DL assured me that Hollywood hates AnnE H., too, but look at her, about to win an Oscar. They must really like her.

by Anonymousreply 301/29/2013

Anne Hathaway was the weak link in Les Miserables, but it still was the best movie of the year.

by Anonymousreply 401/29/2013

[quote]It’s a sh**ty award…You know how sh**ty this award is? Baba Booey voted in this.”

lol

by Anonymousreply 501/29/2013

the best movie of the year?! Oh, I think not.

by Anonymousreply 601/29/2013

Of course the list of reasons people hate Howard Stern would be just as long, if not longer.

by Anonymousreply 701/29/2013

Oh, smell the "I can work my insane love for Les Mis into every thread" troll at R4.

You just know she writes things like, "My favorite color is Bass Teal," and I don't care that Jodie Foster did or didn't come out because Les Miserables still was the best movie of the year."

by Anonymousreply 801/29/2013

I'm no Anne Hathaway fan, but I'd be happy to sum up why people hate Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 901/29/2013

[quote]but look at her, about to win an Oscar.

You mean just like Lauren Bacall was 16 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 1001/29/2013

don't count your chickens....

by Anonymousreply 1101/29/2013

[quote]but I'd be happy to sum up why people hate Howard Stern.

Honey, this isn't 1993. I know you think you're (broken) hip, and on to something, but you're not. Saying that Howard Stern is hated is so old and outdated.

by Anonymousreply 1301/29/2013

[quote]Of course the list of reasons people hate Howard Stern would be just as long, if not longer.

And they would be walking jokes. A bunch of outdated harpies.

by Anonymousreply 1401/29/2013

R13 Hi Howard!

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

R15 Hi Anne!

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

God, I would love an upset to start out the night. The Amy Adams team seems to have dropped the ball (with, what, 3 other noms, she could've been a favorite).

So how about Helen Hunt? We'll take it -- haven't seen the film but have a feeling she does more than sing a showtune and die overdramatically.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

Meant to say: I think Hunt actually ACTS in it.

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

They are ALL acting when they win.

So perceptive of Stern to pick up on this.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

He's right about Hathaway, but let's be real, Stern has become Hollywood middlebrow entertainment himself.

Apologizing to Lena Dunham and blatantly kissing her ass was his worst moment by far. The comment wasn't even that controversial to begin with.

I do think a lot of it has to do with his supermodel wife, though. It's pretty obvious she wants a career.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

Beth is hardly a "super model". She models lingerie and swimsuits. Oh, and does the cover of Hamptons Magazine a lot. She has never done high fashion modeling.

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

I'm old school. I started hating Anne Hathaway the moment she desperately shouted "it's the young and hip Oscars!" from the stage at the Kodak Theater.

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

I think AH is very talented and she's definitely winning the Oscar, no question about it.

However, she comes across as a manic, desperate, and eager ass kisser and she is playing the game so obviously that I can see why it is a turnoff to people.

Then again, if you go the Mo'Nique route and refuse to kiss ass and play the game you're seen as "disrespectful."

So you really are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

R23 Mo'Nique won the Oscar so how was she damned if she did?

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

In with r22. God, she insufferable

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

[quote]Stern has become Hollywood middlebrow entertainment himself.

True, but he's still hilarious, and he gets the best interviews. Look at Dopie and Anthony. They've tried forever to be Stern, and they could never do it.

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2013

Stern is almost always spot-on whenever he does a negative critique of a celeb. He's one of the few to tell it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2013

Did anyone hear him playing Will Smith on Oprah last year? OMG, I was wetting myself. Him and Robin were hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2013

ALL GAYS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE HOWARD!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2013

[quote]Honey, this isn't 1993. I know you think you're (broken) hip, and on to something, but you're not. Saying that Howard Stern is hated is so old and outdated.

You're absolutely right, r13. Thw "now" thing to say is, "Howard Stern? Is he still on the air?!"

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2013

Howard is old and tired. Howard hating on someone is not new either. There are people who post here who are funnier than he is, and that is why I come here.

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2013

Beth just wanted a rich husband regardless of looks or age, and was on the hunt for some time. Sandra Bernhard said this on Howard's show once, that Beth had been on the NYC scene for a while and she was banned for a loooong time.

Stern has faded, he's made his money, has the huge house in the Hamptons and the trophy wife. He is a good interviewer for 2 reasons - he has a couple of guys who research guests and do a prep sheet, and he has a self deprecating manner that lulls guests into a false safety zone.

by Anonymousreply 3201/29/2013

Howard used to love Anne Hathaway. Anne must have snubbed his social-climbing wife at some fashion show or something.

[quote]"She’s always, always out of breath…It’s perfect,...cause this award is called "The Actor”. She’s even acting when she’s winning an award. This is a performance...Calm f**king down and stop acting crazy…It’s a sh**ty award…You know how sh**ty this award is? Baba Booey voted in this.”

Kinda like that "Blockbuster Entertainment Award" you wouldn't stop crowing about when you won "Best New Male Performer" for the epic "Private Parts", eh, Howard?

by Anonymousreply 3301/29/2013

I worked with Beth on 'whipped' before she married Stern. She is a hooker, plain and simple. Will do anything for money. I kind of feel sorry for him.

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2013

Beth does seem to rule that roost now. Funny how Stern used to rag on Robin Williams, Frank Gifford and Montel Williams for having younger trophy wives and yet he did the same thing.

He's changed. The Howard of 1993 would have mocked the one of 2003 incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 3501/29/2013

That awful butch haircut !!

by Anonymousreply 3601/29/2013

[quote]Thw "now" thing to say is, "Howard Stern? Is he still on the air?!"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 3701/29/2013

[quote]Kinda like that "Blockbuster Entertainment Award" you wouldn't stop crowing about when you won "Best New Male Performer" for the epic "Private Parts", eh, Howard?

He was joking, stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 3801/29/2013

Howard's still got it.

by Anonymousreply 3901/29/2013

REALLY, r37--"Oh dear"-ing me for a fucking typo?

by Anonymousreply 4001/29/2013

I like annE and I thought she was the best link in Les Miserables, much better than Crowe, Bonheim-Carter, Baron-Cohen, and Seyfreid (sp?).

by Anonymousreply 4101/29/2013

r2, r13, r14, r15, r26, r28, r37, r38 = laps up Howard Stern's diarrhea and asks for more.

by Anonymousreply 4201/29/2013

I hate Anne Hathaway because: she's scary looking, she looks like a Keane painting come to life! She also seems so phony, she's always going on about the 'craft' of acting. Who cares, just do the best you can do at your craft, talk about something else for a change.

She always seems so fake during TV interviews, she never seems to let loose.

by Anonymousreply 4301/29/2013

I love Stern when he does stuff like this. No one else in the media will tell it like it is about AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 4401/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 4501/29/2013

" I LAP UP MICHELE BACHMANN'S QWEEF SPLATTER! "

by Anonymousreply 4601/29/2013

If you can find it, listen to his 9/11 broadcast. It's actually pretty compelling.

by Anonymousreply 4701/29/2013

Here's the link that R47 is talking about. He's right. This was very compelling.

by Anonymousreply 4801/29/2013

Anne Hathaway is a uniter not a divider. At least something the country can come together on!!! Hathaway hatred!!

by Anonymousreply 4901/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.