Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mark Steines and Leanza Cornett Split

In the wake of his recent separation with wife Leanza Cornett, former Entertainment Tonight host Mark Steines is keeping the focus on his family. Married for 17 years, Steines and 1993 Miss America winner Cornett, 41, are parents to sons Kai Harper, 10, and Avery James, 9; Us Weekly exclusively reported news of the spouses' split on Jan. 25.

"Mark is trying to keep things as upbeat and positive as possible," a source says of the 48-year-old, who co-hosts Home & Family on the Hallmark Channel. "That's how he's living everything."

The single star took the boys to work on Friday, Jan. 25, to watch a segment he taped with a stuntman who demonstrated how to break a chair on someone's back. The trio had so much fun they decided to recreate the trick themselves. "Over the weekend they went to Michael's and bought balsa wood to make their own breakaway chairs," the source reveals. "The boys loved breaking the chair over their dad's back."

According to the source, Steines is doing everything possible to ensure his sons get through their parents' separation unscathed. "This is a difficult transition," the source explains. "He just really wanted to spend the weekend bonding with them and enjoying quality time."

Steines is also focusing on his photography to "keep his mind off things," the source adds. In a joint statement to Us, the TV journalist and the beauty queen -- who tied the knot in July 1995 -- promised to put their sons' interests first: "At this time our concern is for our boys as we help them with this difficult transition. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

by Anonymousreply 5001/31/2013

Major hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

I've always hugely respected her--she was the first Miss America to make AIDS education her pet cause, and she did so as a competitor in 1992, before it was considered trendy to do so in mainstream America. Gay men should really do her honor.

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

And now he's back on the market!

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

She announced she'd be playing Rizzo on Bway and then Rosie took her part.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

Bad year for him. First he went from ET to that crappy show on Hallmark, and now this.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

That crappy show on Hallmark has already replaced Paige Davis Page as the co-host. Cristina Ferrare is the new person sitting next to Mark now.

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

The show is great. I tape it and watch at 6:00pm when there is nothing on. Page quit. She thought she could do a long distance relationship with her husband but hated it. They were kind enough to break her contract.

Mark has given no indication he had trouble at home. Leanza was on the show with their kids the week Christina came aboard around Thanksgiving. The show is two hours and different than any talk show. It tapes in a house on the Universal Studios lot and is very free flowing. Christina is kinda ditzy but a great cook and she doesn't get Mark, who is actually a goofball's jokes.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

Just the fact that the breeders named their brats Kai and Harper makes be care even less about their breakup.

I thought breeder marriage was for life? Why do they keep hitting us over the head about the sanctity of marriage when breeders can't get it together themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

It's uncanny how much he resembles Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

Why R11? Have you seen a pix with his legs in the air?

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

On "Home & Family" one day they showed clips of how he got started. He was a cameraman for a film crew and at some celebrity event someone from ET saw him and thought it was Tom Cruise. They tried to interview him and when they found out it wasn't Tom, they hired him. he looked exactly like him. This was twenty years ago. The photo on the left is an early photo.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

[quote]Have you seen a pix with his legs in the air?

Larry Birkhead has the picture.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

Cruise lookalike

by Anonymousreply 1501/29/2013

They split because he finally came out, right?

by Anonymousreply 1601/29/2013

I hope, R16.

by Anonymousreply 1701/29/2013

Why did he leave ET and replace him with that goofy, annoying Welsh guy? And what does Mark look like today? That picture in the OP looks old.

by Anonymousreply 1801/29/2013

Actually, the pic in my OP is rather new. He had gained some weight for a while, but took it off a couple of years ago and has kept it off. He looks great nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 1901/29/2013

So did they actually have their children after they got married?

Makes a nice change from the average hetero relationship today.

by Anonymousreply 2001/29/2013

[quote]Actually, the pic in my OP is rather new.

No, it's not. It says it's from 2009. A lot can change in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 2101/29/2013

[quote]No, it's not. It says it's from 2009. A lot can change in 4 years.

Ok, dumb-dumb. This is Mark today.

by Anonymousreply 2201/29/2013

[quote]It says it's from 2009. A lot can change in 4 years.

I've noticed.

by Anonymousreply 2301/29/2013

Mark's recent infomercial about his weight loss

by Anonymousreply 2401/29/2013

Did Mark become a fattie?

by Anonymousreply 2501/29/2013

R25 No, but he gives me a chubby!

by Anonymousreply 2601/29/2013

[quote]Why did he leave ET and replace him with that goofy, annoying Welsh guy?

He left to host "Home & Family" a two hour daily talk show on The Hallmark Channel.

by Anonymousreply 2701/29/2013

Did Rob Marciano take over from Mark Steines?

by Anonymousreply 2801/29/2013

R22 No, not happy - his hairline has receded, he looks Botoxed, and his eyebrows look feminine.

by Anonymousreply 2901/29/2013

Hmmm wonder if Paige suddenly leaving had anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 3001/29/2013

Kai is an old fashioned name. One of the greatest baseball players was named Kai.

by Anonymousreply 3101/29/2013

One of the hottest "models" on the old "Doug & Jay's Amateur Straight Guys" site was named Kai.

A taut, tattooed, erect blond bombshell who played nicely with others. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 3201/29/2013

Keep your hubby happy, make your hobby hubby

When he's a little chubby, he's a happy pappy

With Glockenspiel.

by Anonymousreply 3301/29/2013

i always thought it was weird that Leanza was on Entertainment Tonight first, then Mark was on it and Leanza disappeared from the show..I never understood if she was fired or what..but it seemed odd that he continued on with the show...

by Anonymousreply 3401/29/2013

I haven't watched today's show to see if he says something. Maybe he is living in the "studio" house they film in.

by Anonymousreply 3501/29/2013

RE 22's video, I'm kinda feeling Conn Jackson - never heard of him , but very hunky. What kind of name is Conn though ?

by Anonymousreply 3601/29/2013

R4 you have the facts wrong. During the summer of '93, Leanza was offered the part of Sandy in the revival, not Rizzo. But then Entertainment Tonight offered Leanza a correspondent gig, so she decided to take that instead. (Her tenure at Entertainment Tonight was brief, maybe a few months; she was let go the same day Mark Steines was hired).

During the summer of '93, when it still looked like Leanza was going to take the role in Grease, the Miss America producers arranged to feature the show in the opening number of the Sept., 1993 Miss America Pageant (when Leanza crowned her successor). It was supposed to be a glorious success story: our outgoing Miss America is on her way to become a Broadway star! But Leanza spoiled that by bailing on doing Grease, a few weeks before the pageant took place. The pageant honchos were pisssssed at her so they didn't let her be seen until about the last 5 minutes of the telecast.

by Anonymousreply 3701/29/2013

[quote]I'm kinda feeling Conn Jackson

Damn, he is hot, huh?

by Anonymousreply 3801/29/2013

I noticed he wasn't wearing his wedding ring today and I know he has had it on in the past.

by Anonymousreply 3901/29/2013

The man is a true hunk. I want him!

by Anonymousreply 4001/30/2013

[quote]I noticed he wasn't wearing his wedding ring today

Well, that would make sense, wouldn't it?

by Anonymousreply 4101/30/2013

The man who was on ET before him was even more beautiful. His name was Bob Goen IIRC, and that is a big if nowadays because I am old.

by Anonymousreply 4201/30/2013

[quote]I noticed he wasn't wearing his wedding ring today

[quote]Well, that would make sense, wouldn't it?

Most people don't take off the wedding ring when a separation is announced.

by Anonymousreply 4301/30/2013

by Anonymousreply 4401/30/2013

Met her once in the 90s at the Universal Grill in the Village, she's tiny.

by Anonymousreply 4501/30/2013

Mark parlayed on his Tom Cruise lookalike factor at a big broadcast journalism convention where he met KCAL's news director at the time. Larry plucked him out of obscurity in some small Ohio market and brought him to LA to anchor sports. The rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 4601/30/2013

[quote]The man who was on ET before him was even more beautiful. His name was Bob Goen...

Yes, that's his name. He was goregous (I believe they used to call him a brunette Ken Doll). He wasn't more beautiful than Mark in his younger days, but definitely close.

by Anonymousreply 4701/30/2013

Goen still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 4801/30/2013

[quote]Goen still looks good.

Maybe on Planet Photoshop.

by Anonymousreply 4901/30/2013

WHET Mary Hart?

by Anonymousreply 5001/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!