Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben Affleck: Botox, facial fillers, too much makeup, what's going on here?

He's starting to looks like a CGI version of himself.

by Anonymousreply 14001/03/2014

Hmmmm.... I still think he very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

Nothing wrong with that face.

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

Thought the same thing when I saw this pic, WTF!!!! Did he grow the beard to hide even more work? Guys need SOME wrinkles, yes? What kind of acting roles is he hoping to get with this look?

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

But the pee pee. Heard it is well, small.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

He has a latern jaw so maybe that's it? You see some forehead wrinkles so he isn't botoxing. Some people just age well. He is looking better than ever to me. I wish he wouldn't let his nose hairs and his beard become one though.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

A few months ago

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

carbs and booze?

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

He's nice looking. Good, symmetrical face. Nice features. And his wife is pretty, too.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

nothing, he's so handsome

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

I agree he's had Botox and something has been done to his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

Yeah, he's ageing well. Also, his hairpiece is looking better than it has for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

He is such a MAN...

by Anonymousreply 1501/28/2013

I think he's absolutely superb - one of the finest specimens ever created, his brother Casey is also gorgeous but in a cute way, Ben is just a beautiful manly man -

by Anonymousreply 1601/28/2013

Agreeing with most of you - he is blessed with nice strong handsome facial features. He will transition very well to mid-life as a result. Like Clooney did.

But... the hair(piece?) is looking a bit askew and he could have spent a bit of time with the nosehair trimmer.

by Anonymousreply 1701/28/2013

He looks better now than he did 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1801/28/2013

Dermabrasion/skin peel for those red carpet appearances? He looks like how Rocco DiSpirito looked for a while before everything settled....

by Anonymousreply 1901/28/2013

"Especially considering he has to put up with a nasty clingy ball and chain at home."

He doesn't "have to" put up with anything. No one forced him to get married.

by Anonymousreply 2001/28/2013

I think he looks great, except he could lose the douchebeard. Some guys look great in a beard and some really do not (I'm looking at you, Brad Pitt).

by Anonymousreply 2101/28/2013

I've never been attracted to him, but I think he's been looking better in the past couple of years than he ever has, including in these two pictures. I still don't want to fuck him, but I don't see how anyone could bitch about the way Ben looks.

by Anonymousreply 2201/28/2013

I work in a dermatologist's office, but only as an assistant. From what I can see, I don't think he's had anything major done. Maybe a peel?

However, he definitely has a hair piece on and very light make up.

by Anonymousreply 2301/28/2013

He looks good in both pictures.

He's a friend to the gay community - lighten up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2401/28/2013

I think his hairline is weird because he had is widow's peak removed with electrolysis.

by Anonymousreply 2501/28/2013

Why do you think he has a hair piece?

by Anonymousreply 2601/28/2013

Ben looks great. I've always liked him. His acting doesn't offend me either.

He is turing out to be a first class director. Good for him on his success.

by Anonymousreply 2701/28/2013

R26 - because you can't see any roots? It's pretty obvious he has a piece.

I don't see too much else - some makeup and maybe some botox.

by Anonymousreply 2801/28/2013

His baby looks like Matt Damon. What do you think that means?

by Anonymousreply 2901/28/2013

I'm not a Ben Afflecks fan, but the man is good looking...no question about it.

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2013

[quote]You don't get stray hairs which head off in a different direction from all the others.

Uh, I've had those my entire life. Unfortunately.

He looks fine. Better than fine, actually. The only people who would nitpick his looks are Bitter Betties angry that they don't look as good as he does at 40.

That said, when his weight fluctuates even a little bit, it tends to show in his face. Maybe he began to stress eat when the Oscar noms were announced.

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2013

R30, yeah, that is exactly what I meant by how it "looks a bit askew." Natural hair all flows one way more or less... there aren't all these wiry uncooperative little bristles going in other directions, when you look at it close up.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2013

[quote]He's a friend to the gay community - lighten up, OP.

He's given generously to the Gay Men's Health Association to help people with HIV and AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2013

he looks good. Makeup but I don't see any filler use.

by Anonymousreply 3501/28/2013

Matthew McCaughnahey(?)has the best hair guy in the business! He was practically bald in that infamous mug shot photo from 1999,now he has long,luxurious locks . His hair doctor deserves a gold star!

by Anonymousreply 3601/28/2013

That's it. He's wearing light makeup. He's got that old Benny from the Block look.

by Anonymousreply 3701/28/2013

He is attractive with natural features intact, but looking prematurely aged and "rough" for not even 41 yet. I don't see the common Hollywood botox and filler look at all.

Does anyone know if he smokes?

Smoking, drinking, and using drugs (including marijuana) will prematurely age a person faster than anything but bad genetics.

And some douchebag on here blamed it on carbs...

by Anonymousreply 3801/28/2013

I was blessed with good genes...to a point.

by Anonymousreply 3901/28/2013

That beard looks gross. He needs to shave that shit off.

by Anonymousreply 4001/28/2013

Non-red carpet pics for a better look at him since everyone wears makeup for RCs:

by Anonymousreply 4101/28/2013

weird shoes, but at least they are not sneakers

by Anonymousreply 4201/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 4301/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 4401/28/2013

Yes, Ben wears a piece. Just look at his photos from a few years back when he had really thin hair.

by Anonymousreply 4501/28/2013

June 2007

Not very thin, just shorter

by Anonymousreply 4601/28/2013

[quote]He is attractive with natural features intact, but looking prematurely aged and "rough" for not even 41 yet.

What are you a geisha on crack? He doesn't look prematurely aged and "rough".

by Anonymousreply 4701/28/2013

I don't know if he wears a wigs or has had any cosmetic procedures, but if either of those are true, he's done a great job. He's hotter now than he's ever been.

by Anonymousreply 4801/28/2013

His baby is Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 4901/28/2013

R30 - you're a Datalounge Treasure.

Would you mind taking a look at Sen. Rand Paul? It looks like the most obvious (bad) piece in the world to me but I've heard people swear it's real. I think he's hiding his father's hairline up there.

by Anonymousreply 5001/28/2013

In Opie's photo, Ben has an entirely relaxed, neutral expression. There is no facial muscle distortion going on, so of course the natural wrinkling of a forty-ish person isn't showing up. And some people just don't develop the stereotypical eye bags and nasal labial folds that tend to define an an aging face.

I'm about 15 years older than Affleck, , and I also don't have the eye bags, nasal folds and droopy jowls of many, much younger people when my face is at rest. But if I crack a smile, that smoothness disappears into a sea of age-appropriate wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 5101/28/2013

I wish he didn't have those ugly, god awful tattoos. To me, it's the only flaw.

This photo is from July 2012 btw.

by Anonymousreply 5201/28/2013

Gigli still got it going on.

by Anonymousreply 5301/28/2013

Rogaine and/or Propecia can sometimes change hair texture making it almost like unruly pubic hair in some cases. I don't if it's a piece or not, but just throwing that out there.

by Anonymousreply 5401/28/2013

Ben has been wearing hair replacements for the best part of a decade now. He has had thick hair and thin hair, long and short, but in all cases they have been hairpieces. A few years back some of the gutter press got wind that he was wearing hair and spread stories about it to embarrass him. Since then the quality of his replacements have been excellent, and he is clearly spending a lot of money to dispel the rumors. Some of the very short cropped pieces he was wearing a year or so ago were really excellent, but those sorts of unit take a lot of maintenance to keep them looking natural. The thick ones he is wearing in these pictures don't look quite so good, but are more easycare. It must be hard when you are always in the sights of the papps. One of his problems is that his temple points have gone - his real hair doesn't extend forward of his ears. That gives him a very "big forehead" look when seen from the side. He copes with it by brushing his hairpiece hair forward over his temples, but it still looks slightly odd and makes it harder to get a natural look from his hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 5501/28/2013

Ben has his own hair. He's moved some of it around a little, but it's all his and it grows. If Ben shaved his head you could see the scars.

by Anonymousreply 5601/28/2013

thanks to J-Lo he stopped wearing those awful dirty plaid shirts and cleaned up! He's got a hairpiece that looks better than it used to but he needs to run into a big pair of nose shears. still don't like him. Kevin Smith has been directing movies with Ben in them for years and made his career, yet Ben gets the attention. sad hollywood politics.

by Anonymousreply 5701/28/2013

FWIW, I remember on the old IFC Channel talk show "Dinner for 5," Colin Farrell, who was sitting next to Affleck, at one point yanked pretty hard on Affleck's hair (using his index finger and thumb).

And I remember thinking if that were a piece, it looked pretty convincing.

by Anonymousreply 5801/28/2013

that's a hair piece. it wouldn't make sense to have fillers and botox and a receding hairline now would it?

by Anonymousreply 5901/28/2013

Affleck himself admitted that he wears a hair "appliance" in an interview with Howard Stern several years back.

I think the beard is a way to remind people of Argo during the awards season. I'll bet after the Oscars it won't last long.

by Anonymousreply 6001/28/2013

The only reason I think it might not be a piece is that a piece would look better than that most of the time. Think Clooney. That could be transplants and concealer...

If it is a wig, the stray hairs would cover the lace nicely.

by Anonymousreply 6101/28/2013

R56 - Sorry, nobody but nobody in the whole history of the world has ever had a hair transplant as thick as the photo at R44. Believe me, I am seeing a dozen transplanted male heads a day. That's not what they look like. You can get a very dense hairline (the famous Armani look, for those interested in these things), but it only goes back three-quarters of an inch and you have to wear a piece behind it. I have a couple of regularsvthat do that. That's not what Ben is doing though. If he had an Armani hairline he would be slicking his hair back and showing to roots emerging from his forehead, which he never does. Ben is concerned about the HD cameras picking up his front lace.

by Anonymousreply 6201/28/2013

yes a transplant makes sense. that's why hs hair looks better these days. when he was wearing a hairpiece, his head looked huger than usual

by Anonymousreply 6301/28/2013

I wonder if this will go to 600 posts.

by Anonymousreply 6401/28/2013

R50 - impossible to say about Paul. Obviously if it is a piece it's a truly awful one, and for that reason alone I'm tempted to think it's his real hair. That's a layman's view though, rather than a professional opinion.

If you are content to be that unambitious with the style - the bubble curl or simple bangs Paul Simon style, it's not easy to spot whether it is a piece. But a piece that ill-matched probably doesn't have a good quality lace base, so if the wind blew he hair back you would be able to see an edge. Try to get him into a wind tunnel if you want to be sure, would be my suggestion!

by Anonymousreply 6501/28/2013

Agree he looks like he has done Botox and definitely a hairpiece. He's going to start looking stranger as he ages if he keeps this up.

by Anonymousreply 6601/28/2013

What do you think of the company Toplace, r30/65?

Would you agree that Clooney is wearing?

by Anonymousreply 6701/28/2013

Okay, if Ben is actually wearing a hair piece, then how come it never moves in the wind?

by Anonymousreply 6801/28/2013

What about his "The Town" co-star,Jon Hamm? Somedays his hair looks natural but most the time it looks like road kill on dome...So is it all his?

by Anonymousreply 6901/28/2013

The Town

by Anonymousreply 7001/28/2013

Whispering sweet nothings in his lover's ear:

by Anonymousreply 7101/28/2013

What? OP, you sound daffy, he looks great, and you don't know that he is using any of those things.

by Anonymousreply 7201/28/2013

You can't expect me to be too enthusiastic about on-line places like Toplace seeing as they are taking my bread and butter. But to be honest, the quality of their units is not bad, and the price is very good. You can buy retail from them for less than we pay wholesale for our hairpieces in the salon. The hair they use is not as good as I use though, so it dries out and oxidises quicker. I do cuts for a couple of younger guys, student types, who are sourcing their hairpieces on-line, and frankly by three months it's hard to get them to look good.

Jon Hamm is not wearing hair. It would not be possible to achieve the look he has with a hairpiece. You could do it for a photoshoot or a film, but not for everyday life. He is just blessed with great hair, as well as being a total stud. Perhaps it comes from not wearing any underwear!

That's a great picture of Affleck from The Town. Whoever does him is really awesome. He's still not showing any hairline though LOL!

by Anonymousreply 7301/29/2013

He looks better then most guys his age, one of these that really looks hotter in their mid years as apposed to tired.

by Anonymousreply 7401/29/2013

OP, you sound like a very ugly person inside who is extremely jealous and envious of Ben Affleck.

Ben Affleck is very handsome and his looks are perfection.

You know you are lying and fabricating. No way do you think Ben's great looks are lacking.

You are stomach-turning.

And I'm no movie fan of Ben - I've never even seen a movie which he has been in. But I recognize a very good looking man when I see one.

by Anonymousreply 7501/29/2013

R62, another example of hair transplants is Vice President Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 7601/29/2013

Why would Ben Affleck wear a wig that left a bald spot in the back?

by Anonymousreply 7701/29/2013

These hairs sure seem to be growing out of his head:

by Anonymousreply 7801/29/2013

I would LOVE to see pics of most you guys posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 7901/29/2013

R79 is one of those nitwits who thinks she can stop every conversation by saying things like, "Well, let's see YOU make a movie then," and "Well, let's see how well YOUR Lady Baltimore cake tastes," and "Well, I would just LOVE to see how big YOUR dick is after commenting that Ben has a tiny pee pee."

A little remedial rhetoric might help.

by Anonymousreply 8001/29/2013

right on r79 chrissakes,who put the Happy Harpy seed mix in the bird feeder?

by Anonymousreply 8101/29/2013

You're mad, OP. Or going blind. He looks better than he has in years. I prefer him without the facial hair but he is still very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 8201/29/2013

He also had a nose job. Nose is now too small for his face.

by Anonymousreply 8301/29/2013

Affleck is a handsome guy. Enough to bring out the usual datalounge bitter envy. Success along with good looks is just too much for some here to cope with.

by Anonymousreply 8401/29/2013

R73, what do you mean when you say that their hair isn't as good as the hair you use? Surely if it's real, hair is hair?

by Anonymousreply 8501/29/2013

It's my guess that roughly 80% of people who inhabit Datalounge hate the world and anyone in it that has a modicum of success. If you happen to be looking as well, then you are despised and ridiculed. And only because you have what all the losers here don't. Affleck just joins a long line of people here who are mocked for their talent, looks and success.

by Anonymousreply 8601/29/2013

It's probably just a better light source. You guys always think everyone is on steroids and has had a ton of work done. Maybe he's just living well.

by Anonymousreply 8701/29/2013

R86 = JGarn

by Anonymousreply 8801/29/2013

He's not Matt Bomer. Duh!

by Anonymousreply 8901/29/2013

He's hot and I don't care what he does to himself to make himself look that way. More men should be as obsessive about their looks. It benefits everyone.

by Anonymousreply 9001/29/2013

Affleck used to go to the same gym as me and believe me that muther fucker is hairy EVERYWHERE except his head.

He's got back hair like a gorilla. His dingle berries just fall as he walks. He never showers either.

He was there once with his pudgy friend Matt Gaymond. And Matt was all prancing saying, "Just more of me to wuv baby, just more of me to wuv."

That's right he said "Wuv" instead of love.

by Anonymousreply 9101/29/2013

Good for you R91.

Which alternate reality are you living in this week?

by Anonymousreply 9201/29/2013

r80 thinks he is being quite clever, but nothing hides the fact Ben Affleck has had more guys wanting to sleep with him than you have.

by Anonymousreply 9301/29/2013

[quote]Affleck used to go to the same gym as me and believe me that muther fucker is hairy EVERYWHERE except his head.

Mmmmmm, nice! Did he flirt with you?

by Anonymousreply 9401/29/2013

Honestly. I see no botox or fillers. The only thing that's cheating about his handsome looks is the hairpiece.

by Anonymousreply 9501/29/2013

He's very handsome but he's got straight boy boring taste in subject matter for his films, same with Kathryn Bigelow! Bores, both of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 9601/29/2013

I've always thought Ben was quite handsome with a nice bod but he's an ass. He is becoming a good director but he ain't "great" yet. Argo was a good movie but that's it. Please don't someone even suggest he can act because he can't.

As long as he looks good who cares if he's done anything.

by Anonymousreply 9701/29/2013

I've heard Ben lacks the Damon butt. It's flat.

by Anonymousreply 9801/29/2013

Ben has some of the most unnatural, beaver pelt toupees in the business. How often do I have to keep explaining this? He and Clooney are the worst offenders. His wig line and toupee is completely obvious in that picture.

Are you people blind?

by Anonymousreply 9901/29/2013

From someone I consider a reliable source, when Ben was dating J-Lo, his makeup and hair budget was MUCH large than hers.

That being said, the most difficult part of being a successful actor, writer and director is that you are also expected to be a supermodel.

by Anonymousreply 10001/29/2013

One of the top 5 best looking men to ever grace a movie screen IMO.

by Anonymousreply 10101/29/2013

R96 is correct

by Anonymousreply 10201/29/2013

Agree, r101. Ben is not a strong actor, but he was pretty good playing that Superman actor.

by Anonymousreply 10301/29/2013

OP:

by Anonymousreply 10401/29/2013

I agree with OP and I am not afraid to post my pic:

by Anonymousreply 10501/29/2013

I, too, am one of the posters who support OP's claims - as well as his right to make them.

by Anonymousreply 10601/29/2013

I am OP's boyfriend, and I'm proud to say he eats my turds!

by Anonymousreply 10701/29/2013

R101

To each his own but... have you not seen a lot of movies?

by Anonymousreply 10801/29/2013

You guys posting your own pictures, have a lot of guts. I do give you that!

by Anonymousreply 10901/29/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 11006/14/2013

His obvious wigs are in the Burt Reynolds tradition.

by Anonymousreply 11106/14/2013

I've never understood what people see in him. He's almost as talented as Jimmy Smits.

by Anonymousreply 11206/14/2013

He tries too hard, you know?

by Anonymousreply 11306/15/2013

Not gay, but pinged a bit (the voice) at the Oscars I thought when watching back the clips. You could put that down to anything though, like nerves for one.

Love his directing. Gone Baby Gone is still the best though.

by Anonymousreply 11406/15/2013

Looking at the new pics it's obvious he has flllers in the creases above the lips. There is now NO line and before there was.

by Anonymousreply 11506/16/2013

He's only 40. REAL aging doesn't set in until the late 40s. His wife also looks younger than her age.

by Anonymousreply 11606/16/2013

Ni r116. Not for those of us who avoided liquor, drugs or cigarettes and yet still exercise all the time. We look great.

by Anonymousreply 11706/16/2013

The low point for Ben was when he took out a page long advert in Variety to say JLo was the nicest people he had worked with and not the diva cunt from hell everyone says. That was toe curling. Then of course, he ended up with her and the second gay husband was out of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 11806/16/2013

r118: he DID THAT? He's dumber than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 11906/16/2013

I just see an overrated douche. He and his pimp wife have the paparazzi on speed dial. Nobody exploits their kid privacy more than Affleck/Garner. Maximum Yuck Factor!

by Anonymousreply 12006/16/2013

OP, you are completely full of shit. He looks fabulous in that picture. You're just a typical envious KAWEEEEEEEEN.

by Anonymousreply 12106/16/2013

Can't speak to his looks in person, but from what I see his looks have always been meh to me.

by Anonymousreply 12206/16/2013

I would not do anything with him - so boring. He is as sexy as cardboard and looks like he has the attitude of a spoiled brat.

by Anonymousreply 12311/11/2013

Then why are you bumping this thread that's four months old r123?

by Anonymousreply 12411/11/2013

So who does the best weaves in Los Angeles?

by Anonymousreply 12511/11/2013

I think he looks just as handsome as always, I don't believe there is any work done on him. He's still pretty young.

by Anonymousreply 12611/11/2013

He sure wears a wig now

by Anonymousreply 12711/11/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 12811/11/2013

While I have never found him as breathtakingly gorgeous as many people think he is, I must say that he is definitely a handsome and attractive man that has an "average Joe" air to him that makes him seem accessible. Maybe that's the secret of his appeal - he is good-looking and charismatic, but not plastic and unattainable.

Also, I don't see what's so different in any one of the pictures that have been posted so far. In some, he looks slightly more tired than in others, and that's basically it. I think that most 40-year-olds would love to look as great as he does.

by Anonymousreply 12911/11/2013

I did notice Ben Affeck, forid, has abstance of lines, which is unusual, I think most hollywood stars have some facial work.

I myself am a 41 year old male. I have very fine lines around my eyes, which cant be really seen unless I look into the mirror under a bright light, though my forid has deep lines, so yes I think Ben has had some facial work.

by Anonymousreply 13001/01/2014

[quote]forid

[quote]forid

Oh dear times two.

by Anonymousreply 13101/01/2014

I think his makeup - which is barely detectable - does a great job of softening his "forid" lines.

by Anonymousreply 13201/01/2014

He looks just fine, OP. Have you seen John Kerry lately? Now that man has really overdone the fillers. He would have been much better off sticking with the face he had.

by Anonymousreply 13301/01/2014

Ben had a comb-over (as did Matt Mc) as early as Dazed and Confused. Wierd hairline up close, fake hair combined with picket row hair transplants. Matthew has done a magnificent job (check films from 10-15 years ago) giving the impression of real hair. He shaves his head and it looks real! Has twice as much hair, shaved or grown, than 15 years ago. Though he might have undergone the Joey Lawrence tattoo shaved stubble (popular in Hollywood for spot work) though JL uses it for his entire head!) Matt Mc is the best hair fix I've ever seen, Ben's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 13401/01/2014

I've never gotten the hype about his looks. He's not ugly but hes not amazingly gorgeous, either. He's bland and boring and has definitely had work done. I will concede that he looks much better than most 40-something men.

by Anonymousreply 13501/01/2014

r133

Oh please the man looks like Herman Munster, unless you're Yvonne De Carlo who cares what he looks like either way.

by Anonymousreply 13601/02/2014

As poster asked you, have you seen Dazed and Confused with Matt Mc and Ben as follically challenged and thus angry outsiders 25 years ago? Male patten baldness does not improve to new bushy extravagence after one is so obviously deficient in their teens. QED

by Anonymousreply 13701/02/2014

BTW, both Ben and Matt have recently contributed to PSAs aired nationally to eliminate gun ownership by citizens. Yet, both were 'outed' (LA alternative papers, Village Voice, plus mainstream outlets) as owners of concealed carry permits for themselves, AND their entourage (same with Geffen, Bloomberg, Alec Baldwin, etc). Answer me that??? Bad toupees on both.

by Anonymousreply 13801/02/2014

AWG. No lips.

by Anonymousreply 13901/03/2014

Thanks to r138 for letting us KNOW he's a freeper. It's much easier to ignore him now.

by Anonymousreply 14001/03/2014
Need more help? Click Here.