Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Amazing Race 22: Official Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Well, the new teams have been announced, and there's also a new twist: the team that comes in first on the first leg gets TWO Express Passes- one to keep and one that they have to give to another team.

I didn't notice any Mandatory Gay Team this time, but maybe it just isn't being highlighted.

by Anonymousreply 39903/26/2013

I hope the dearth of gays is not because viewers were disgusted by Josh and Brent.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

What color is the team seated on the left supposed to be? I hate them already.

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

I think I found the gay.

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

But they're billed as 'dating couple'. Such a pathetic closet case.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

R3 I think he's gay. I don't know if he's out yet. The Amazing Race always has the gay cast members sitting or kneeling in the group pictures. I can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

No. They are billed as "best friends."

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

Cute twin Muslims!

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

Heads up! Premieres this Sunday at 8.

by Anonymousreply 802/13/2013

I heard there will be a lesbian couple on The Amazing Race 93. I won't be alive to see it.

by Anonymousreply 902/13/2013

We've already had several lesbian couples.

by Anonymousreply 1002/13/2013

[quote]We've already had several lesbian couples.

So what's the official tally? 20 gay men to 3 lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 1102/13/2013

Best news of all - most of the race is thru the Southern Hemisphere and was filmed in the warm weather.

That means a return of Phil's bulge in those white pants!

by Anonymousreply 1202/13/2013

Maybe Phil will strip down to a bathing suit.

by Anonymousreply 1302/17/2013

Thanks for starting the "No Spoilers" thread, OP. We should always post on the No Spoilers threads and ban the spoiler people.

by Anonymousreply 1402/17/2013

The commercials say 3 teams quit in the first episode and you won't believe who we got to replace them!

by Anonymousreply 1502/17/2013

So no one's racing for $2 million this year?

by Anonymousreply 1602/17/2013

I don't think so. The only new feature this year is the "shared" Express Pass, I think.

by Anonymousreply 1702/17/2013

R15 As long as it's not Rob and Amber or the Beekmans, I'll be happy. Maybe they brought back Ja[y]mes?

by Anonymousreply 1802/17/2013

WOW! CBS just switching the golf match over to the Golf Channel so Race will be on time. Have they ever done this before? Hope it's a trend.

Maggie Smith on 60 Minutes!

by Anonymousreply 1902/17/2013

Ooh, I'd love if Jaymes came back!

by Anonymousreply 2002/17/2013

Why would 3 teams just quit after taking all the time to audition, interview, get shots, take time off from work. Why would they just quit in the first leg? No team has ever quit, much less 3 at the same time. Must be a peer pressure thing.

by Anonymousreply 2102/17/2013

Those pizza guys quit several seasons ago.

by Anonymousreply 2202/17/2013

[quote]WOW! CBS just switching the golf match over to the Golf Channel so Race will be on time.

How did they do that? Did they make an announcement in the middle of the match? What about the people who don't have cable? Imagine if they switched a football game over to ESPN in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 2302/17/2013

Looks like it will be 10 minutes late tonight.

by Anonymousreply 2402/17/2013

[quote]Those pizza guys quit several seasons ago.

They still made it to the mat, right? No one has just outright quit and left.

by Anonymousreply 2502/17/2013

Do you think the gay YouTubers are the ones to quit. They seem very fragile.

by Anonymousreply 2602/17/2013

R23 They announced it just as they did the switchover and 60 Minutes started. Don't know if there was an earlier announcement. I was watching the Downton Abbey finale DVD.

by Anonymousreply 2702/17/2013

I don't think Joey is the gay one. Just watch his YouTube video with the girl. Not very gay, unless he's one of those butch under-the-radar gays like Jaymes or the Beekmans.

by Anonymousreply 2802/17/2013

The 3 teams don't quit the show, they just refuse to do the Road Block task. BIG difference, R15.

by Anonymousreply 2902/17/2013

From IMDB:

Marshall and Lance (Season 5) were the first team in Amazing Race history to quit. Marshall was suffering from a knee injury in the Roadblock in Luxor, Egypt, on Leg 6 and the team arrived at the task site after all others had left. They decided to give up.

Marshall and Lance were the first team in Amazing Race history to not only quit the race, but also be physically unable to reach the Pit Stop.

by Anonymousreply 3002/17/2013

R28 The Beekmans are BUTCH?

by Anonymousreply 3102/17/2013

Joey's bedroom is adorable. It's done in a complete My Neighbor Totoro theme.

by Anonymousreply 3202/17/2013

Yes, the Beekmans didn't seem gay. A lot of people thought they were brothers. You should have seen the confusion on all the message boards when they won and kissed on the lips. People were like "Why are brothers kissing on the lips? Must be a close family." I think people thought they were brothers because they thought they had the same last name of Beekman.

by Anonymousreply 3302/17/2013

Myrna and Charna??

by Anonymousreply 3402/17/2013

Yay, Myrna and Charla are the replacements. Level 5, Charla! Push, push. It's good that they're back because Myrna is not yet a millionaire. She's just a young woman.

by Anonymousreply 3502/17/2013

Clearly the replacement will be Phil and his team partner will be his bulge. That will, of course, puzzle Phil's eyebrow. Total drama.

by Anonymousreply 3602/17/2013

Phil and Jeff Probst.

by Anonymousreply 3702/17/2013

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3802/17/2013

welcome back Gisele. It's so nice to have you back where you belong!

by Anonymousreply 3902/17/2013

Kisses Jerry!

(The newlywed guy seems gay to me.)

by Anonymousreply 4002/17/2013

R28 if you don't think he sounds gay, you better get your gaydar checked.

by Anonymousreply 4202/17/2013

Please stop saying "That's what I am talking about, baby."

You sound like idiots!

by Anonymousreply 4302/17/2013

Mullet Alabama needs to be the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 4402/17/2013

Max is a hot little bitch. I wanna see his feets NOW.

At least they got rid of the stupid chasing tiger in the opening. Why can't they show that little boy flashing the peace sign again?

by Anonymousreply 4502/17/2013

I agree R44. Already hate them.

by Anonymousreply 4602/17/2013

Did I mention that we were cancer survivors?

by Anonymousreply 4702/17/2013

So which hockey player is the horny country singer going to hook up with? The short-haired one? I predict a fall wedding.

by Anonymousreply 4802/17/2013

"I'm a shift manager at Walmart..."

Of course you are.

by Anonymousreply 4902/17/2013

Oh, Gisele. My sides. You're such a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 5002/17/2013

The little married guy is a mo. I'd bet Phil's bulge on it.

by Anonymousreply 5102/17/2013

Damn Bora Bora is spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 5202/17/2013

Take the Baah to the Spaah

by Anonymousreply 5302/17/2013

God, those twin doctors are hopeless. The youtube guy makes the Prada purses that fall out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 5402/17/2013

(1) The YouTube guy is fucking annoying!

(2) The Bora Bora greeter is fucking gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 5502/17/2013

Yea Joey is incredibly gay and also the twin doctors might be as well.

by Anonymousreply 5602/17/2013

Damn, the country music whores are still around.

by Anonymousreply 5702/17/2013

Oh my God, so many people/teams to dislike this season!!!

Doctors, are complainers and useless. The blond bitch who is a newlywed is such a cunt, her husband is an asshole. The Alabama woman is also a complainer.

The firefighters and the other brother team are such non-entities.

I only like the Youtube team, the Cancer team, tho I'm sure they are anti-gay bigots.

I'm tired of the alpha male/female couple team, which were the ones who came in first, just hand them the money already.

The all women team, are, like always, useless.

by Anonymousreply 5802/17/2013

Joey is gayer than Judy Garland's jeweled pill box, but he does have great legs.

by Anonymousreply 5902/17/2013

I like the Asian chicks.

by Anonymousreply 6002/17/2013

I don't like when teams just quit tasks.

Seems like an enjoyable mix of people. I can tell the blond WHAZZUP guy will get on my nerves and of course, he comes with the desperate for an engagement ring girl.

Twin Muslim gynecologists is a new one. I liked them. Mrs Alabama wanting a vodka on the beach was endearing.

by Anonymousreply 6102/17/2013

[quote]God, those twin doctors are hopeless.

They needed sonogram to find that thing.

by Anonymousreply 6202/17/2013

The gay guy is the equivalent of a minstrel show. Why is he behaving like a 12-year-old girl at a One Direction concert?

by Anonymousreply 6302/17/2013

Stop with the femmeophobia.

by Anonymousreply 6402/17/2013

It was a strategic quit conspiracy. They knew there was no one behind them. They would all have the same penalty, so the penalty becomes irrelevant. Clever.

by Anonymousreply 6502/17/2013

In R28's video, the Youtube girl said we better get used to seeing them on TV. So they are not out early. Did she breach her deal?

by Anonymousreply 6602/17/2013

I kept expecting the newlywed blondie to start talking like Gloria in "Auntie Mame."

She can't stand interacting with other people so she put on her friendly face to get through having to talk to those lesser humans. The newly wed hubby seemed to think that was not ghastly! Something ain't right in that union.

"Party in the back" and Wynona can take their dead animals and get off my TV screen next week.

by Anonymousreply 6702/17/2013

When this photo of the newlywed couple was posted on the AR facebook page, every other comment was how the husband was gay. There were also a few comments saying the wife was a transexual. Does he have gay face and did he seem like that on the show?

Also the Youtuber squealed and kicked up his heels when he fond the clue in the sand castle. I'm guessing he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 6802/17/2013

Did anyone catch the one line from the female newlywed, "I don't have many friends in real life"? Doesn't bode well for the rest of the Race. Makes her sound like a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 6902/17/2013

Where is the Phil's crotch comments this season?

by Anonymousreply 7002/17/2013

There's a distressing lack of male eye candy for this installment. Max is a hot little bitch but hardly masculine. Joey's got a cute face but could he be any more annoying? John the California blond is a surfer type but no beauty like David Chokachi or Laird Hamilton. The other ones are totally forgettable.

Between this and the absolutely disastrous Survivor on their latest go-around it would seem like it's time for CBS to do a serious re-think. Yes, the participants should be compelling but a sprinkling of male eye candy is absolutely essential. Was the gorgeous Bora Bora guy at the pit stop meant to compensate?

by Anonymousreply 7102/17/2013

I'd like to welcome the welcome mat guy to my bed

by Anonymousreply 7202/17/2013

I already hate a lot of the couples.

by Anonymousreply 7302/18/2013

If Max is straight, I'm the President of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 7402/18/2013

At least one of the twins and John the blond guy engaged for four years to that woman seem gay though not as much as YouTube guy.

by Anonymousreply 7502/18/2013

The You Tube guy makes me look butch.

by Anonymousreply 7602/18/2013

Agreed that the Bora-Bora mat guy was very hot. Since he's Polynesian it can be assumed that there is no sexual inhibitions and just a desire to please visitors and make them feel welcome.

by Anonymousreply 7702/18/2013

That purple shirt Max was wearing looks like something from Miss Aaron Schock's ample closet.

[quote]They would all have the same penalty, so the penalty becomes irrelevant. Clever.

Maybe not. The two teams that survived are going to be starting more than four hours behind the other teams. And since it looks like they stay in Bora Bora, there might not be an opportunity for bunching.

by Anonymousreply 7802/18/2013

Every season the blonde bimbos state they are not above flirting to get ahead and every season they fail.

by Anonymousreply 7902/18/2013

I think Max is HOT :)

by Anonymousreply 8002/18/2013

You could see the disgust in Phil's face towards all three teams that chose to take the penalty.

I think the fact that they added the penalty to the next leg kind of threw them. It might not be so clever after all.

by Anonymousreply 8102/18/2013

[quote]I think the fact that they added the penalty to the next leg kind of threw them. It might not be so clever after all.

It doesn't make any difference when they serve their time. Either way, their start time is pushed back 4 hours.

But yeah, Phil was not amused. I imagine this loop hole might be closed next Race.

by Anonymousreply 8202/18/2013

[quote]There's a distressing lack of male eye candy for this installment... Between this and the absolutely disastrous Survivor on their latest go-around it would seem like it's time for CBS to do a serious re-think.

So did you write to Les Mooves and tell him since there are no guys on either show you want to fuck, he needs to over haul?

Who are the ones that doubt the YouTube guy is gay. You're kidding right?

by Anonymousreply 8302/18/2013

[quote]Who are the ones that doubt the YouTube guy is gay. You're kidding right?

Apparently there've been some speculation but he's never come out in his videos. Supposedly in a comment section he once said he wasn't gay. The one time he recounted a bad date story he used pronouns they, like they were always on their phone and they walked out. Maybe he's trying for the closet.

by Anonymousreply 8402/18/2013

I don't necessarily mind that there's no eye candy. I'm guessing the hockey players are supposed to fulfill that particular role, but outside of having nice beefy bodies, they're kinda buttahfaces.

by Anonymousreply 8502/18/2013

The overly tan man who just got married is so gay it is not funny. I love how his wife is so above everyone who had to lower herself to fake it to talk to the others (I had so many meaningless conversations) she is almost like that Fred Armisen girlfriend character on SNL this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 8602/18/2013

The country singers are a bit of eye candy so I'm glad they got to stay.

Wow, what a bunch of douches this season.

by Anonymousreply 8702/18/2013

Amazing Race will never close any loopholes. They never stopped the 2 bitches from last season who stole the rock stars money.

by Anonymousreply 8802/18/2013

This isn't the first time multiple teams have quit a task and taken the penalty together. I believe Boston Rob orchestrated/manipulated a group into it once.

This season's teams are so unappealing we may not watch any more. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 8902/18/2013

These weren't even difficult tasks.

by Anonymousreply 9002/18/2013

The Muslim twins made me laugh: "Why would I want to leave this perfectly good helicopter..." and later when the one yelled "Shut Up!" the other said, "In our secret twin language, that means 'I love you.'"

The married couple are too weird. Are they for real? Why would someone say those things on teevee?

The Asians remind me of the Twinnies who reminded me of the professional gamblers. Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 9102/18/2013

Not feeling any of the boring racers this season, especially after last year's great bunch.

by Anonymousreply 9202/18/2013

[quote]When this photo of the newlywed couple was posted on the AR facebook page, every other comment was how the husband was gay.

Gee, maybe it's because he lives in *Buffalo* but has a tan -- in late fall, no less -- that puts Snooki to shame? I also agree with everyone else that there is ZERO chance Joey isn't gay. I also have my suspicions about the twin doctors, who are 36 and have no mention of spouses in their bios.

How on earth has there not been a mention of hot-to-DEATH Connor? Unfortunately he's from SLC, so he's probably Mormon (though OTOH a Mormon his age would most likely either already be married or traveling the world proselytizing as mandated by the LDS church). Anyone else notice the lack of mention of which pro cycling team he's on? That would be the Livestrong team, raising the obvious question of whether he juices. On the plus side, he probably has a smokin' bod, which I hope we'll get a chance to see in Bora Bora!

The two white-trash teams bug the shit out of me. The firefighters are from Gaffney, SC, which I've unfortunately visited and know that it's Tea Party central. Team Mullet just needs to be executed. I dislike John and Jessica if only because they're so fucking perfect it's sickening.

Thus far I'm liking the roller derby moms, the Asian girls, and Team Cancer the most.

by Anonymousreply 9302/18/2013

[quote]absolutely disastrous Survivor

There's been one episode aired. It's a bit too early to call it "absolutely disastrous."

Don't some of you elderly cunts get tired of constantly complaining about everything?

by Anonymousreply 9402/18/2013

[quote]Where is the Phil's crotch comments this season?

Your wish is my command!

by Anonymousreply 9502/18/2013

More bulge

by Anonymousreply 9602/18/2013

The docs both have wedding bands.

by Anonymousreply 9702/18/2013

You just know Connor and his dad are having sex and have been having sex for a very long time. He wept for him like a lover! Not a father!

It was funny how the two gay guys, Connor and Max, both screamed on their way down while skydiving. I like that Max has an obedient hag.

Team YouTube? Might as well have Team Sunoco.

by Anonymousreply 9802/18/2013

R84, you mean like Paul Lynde or Liberace?

by Anonymousreply 9902/18/2013

[quote]Maybe not. The two teams that survived are going to be starting more than four hours behind the other teams. And since it looks like they stay in Bora Bora, there might not be an opportunity for bunching.

I thought Phil said they had to wait 4 hours before he could check them in but since all 3 teams had the same penalty there was no point.

by Anonymousreply 10002/18/2013

But is their starting time now 4 hours later than their check-in time?

by Anonymousreply 10102/18/2013

R94/bitch, the ratings for Survivor's premiere have been its all time lowest. I think it's a fairly safe bet to label it as an absolute disaster.

by Anonymousreply 10202/18/2013

r101 - Yes, their start time for the next leg will be 4 hours later than it would have been.

[quote]Amazing Race will never close any loopholes.

Didn't they close the loophole that allowed teams to hire taxis and follow them instead of navigating for themselves? For a couple of seasons, all the teams were doing that.

by Anonymousreply 10302/18/2013

Teams still hire taxis and tell them to follow the leading cabs.

by Anonymousreply 10402/18/2013

r104 - But a team in a taxi following another team in a taxi isn't the same.

by Anonymousreply 10502/18/2013

This is why I never had children.

by Anonymousreply 10602/18/2013

Why can't Myrna and Charla be on every season?

I hope next season is another All-Star show.

by Anonymousreply 10702/18/2013

Bring back Myrna and Charna!

by Anonymousreply 10802/18/2013

Charla and Mirna's best moments

by Anonymousreply 10902/18/2013

Charla in a suit of armor doing a faceplant. This was the best.

by Anonymousreply 11002/18/2013

Joey is very gay, but glass closeted.

by Anonymousreply 11102/18/2013

So, the team which came in first may or may not give the team within their alliance the second Express Pass unless that team agrees to certain conditions? I didn't catch what the conditions were, only that "they don't talk about". I wonder if the first place team will decide not to hand over the Pass and use it as some kind of leverage among the other teams, causing some bad feelings.

by Anonymousreply 11202/18/2013

R102, you think good ratings make for a good show?

by Anonymousreply 11302/18/2013

If the MD twins are really Muslims, I wonder how they'll handle a task that involves consuming alcohol or pork.

by Anonymousreply 11402/18/2013

Just because they're Muslim, doesn't mean they're devout.

by Anonymousreply 11502/19/2013

R113, not necessarily. But you're definitely in the minority if you think this Fans Vs Favorites edition works. It's generally considered DOA, starting with Philip back on TV in his pink underwear.

by Anonymousreply 11602/19/2013

R116, one fucking episode has aired!

by Anonymousreply 11702/19/2013

r111 - Did he give any reason why he wasn't out? Does he think no one can tell?

by Anonymousreply 11802/19/2013

R118, well he wouldn't even admit it to me. We didn't meet in a sexual setting. I would guess it's because what he really wants is to be an actor and he thinks being openly gay will ruin that. Personally, I think the fact he can't pass for butch even when standing still and not talking is more likely to ruin his acting career. Anyway he really is a sweet kid, and I'm rooting for team Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 11902/19/2013

Is he fucking kidding?

by Anonymousreply 12002/19/2013

[quote]bitch, the ratings for Survivor's premiere have been its all time lowest. I think it's a fairly safe bet to label it as an absolute disaster.

Please ALL network ratings have been a disaster. People are tuning out the networks. Two recent premieres had the lowest ratings for a premiere in history.

by Anonymousreply 12102/19/2013

[quote]The docs both have wedding bands.

Yeah, they're married to each other. And their work.

by Anonymousreply 12202/19/2013

The blond surfer guy is so absolutely ugly. That girl is too good for him. The YouTube blond guy is so much better looking. Could you imagine if he had a deep voice and didn't queen out? If he looked like that and was a jock or a surfer, then he would be the total package.

by Anonymousreply 12302/19/2013

How vapid is Joey? Why do 20-somethings act this way now. When the newlyweds were fake talking to him, he was like "Hahahaha, OMG, you're newlyweds, that's soooo cool! LOL!" No wonder the newlyweds rolled their eyes and thought it was beneath them to talk to them.

by Anonymousreply 12402/19/2013

[quote]Two recent premieres had the lowest ratings for a premiere in history.

Do No Ham and what other show?

by Anonymousreply 12502/19/2013

R111, what did you text about? How big is his cock?

by Anonymousreply 12602/19/2013

[quote]It was a strategic quit conspiracy. They knew there was no one behind them. They would all have the same penalty, so the penalty becomes irrelevant. Clever.

No, it's not clever. It's a stupid plan and was bound to backfire on one team. What would have been clever is to let two teams take the penalty and then you keep digging. You for sure would find the clue in 4 hours and would not be eliminated. Then one of the other teams would be eliminated and if both teams jumped on the mat at the same time, they would have to see who jumped on the mat a fraction of a second first.

by Anonymousreply 12702/19/2013

r127, I had wondered if once they saw they had lost the canoe and would come in last, could they have gone back and finish the digging. I seems not since they accept the clue.

I thought incorrectly that the girls had made the worst choice because they agreed to a footrace and they had the deficit going into it being both women. But good for them, funny that "guys lost"

by Anonymousreply 12802/19/2013

That's great R109. Bring back Myrna and Charla!!!

by Anonymousreply 12902/19/2013

[quote]Why do 20-somethings act this way now.

Jesus, don't paint ALL of us as being like that! We're not all ditzy airhead queens.

by Anonymousreply 13002/19/2013

[quote]Two recent premieres had the lowest ratings for a premiere in history.... Do No Ham and what other show?

Anthony Edwards 'Zero Hour' Ratings: Least-Watched ABC Scripted Premiere Ever

by Anonymousreply 13102/19/2013

It seems like TAR is trying to hetero-up this season after all the gayness of last season. That's why it will be one of the worst seasons ever.

by Anonymousreply 13202/19/2013

[quote]What would have been clever is to let two teams take the penalty and then you keep digging. You for sure would find the clue in 4 hours and would not be eliminated.

What would be your argument for that? Perhaps you should just ask them to quit the race.

by Anonymousreply 13302/19/2013

[quote]It seems like TAR is trying to hetero-up this season after all the gayness of last season.

Well, Joey out-gayed anything that's ever been on TAR in the beach challenge alone.

by Anonymousreply 13402/19/2013

r125, Do No Ham is a big hit on Shalom TV.

by Anonymousreply 13502/19/2013

Joey is not a gay, people. Stop the nasty rumors.

by Anonymousreply 13602/19/2013

Does anyone know what's going on with the sexond Express Pass? Is the first place just being dicks about handing it over or is there some plan involved?

by Anonymousreply 13702/19/2013

Why do gays like R94 so fond of extremist language when it only softens the point they are trying to make?

by Anonymousreply 13802/19/2013

[quote]It seems like TAR is trying to hetero-up this season after all the gayness of last season. That's why it will be one of the worst seasons ever.

So CBS didn't even cast one gay person this season? That sucks.

by Anonymousreply 13902/20/2013

R139 Well, sometimes these things "come out" over the course of the race.

by Anonymousreply 14002/20/2013

Jaymes never came out. Why was that? Why were they protecting him. There are still fraus who insist he's straight since he never said he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 14102/20/2013

Both Jaymes and his partner are gay.

by Anonymousreply 14202/20/2013

[quote]But you're definitely in the minority if you think this Fans Vs Favorites edition works. It's generally considered DOA, starting with Philip back on TV in his pink underwear.

ONE EPISODE HAS AIRED!

[quote]Why do gays like [R94] so fond of extremist language when it only softens the point they are trying to make?

R138 = elderly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14302/20/2013

Gisele, will you be tuning in tonight, or watching the Hollywood elite pat themselves on the back?

by Anonymousreply 14402/24/2013

DVR'ing Race, Walking Dead and Shameless tonight only. Oscars priority!

by Anonymousreply 14502/24/2013

wit and wisdom R135

by Anonymousreply 14602/24/2013

I'm doing watching the peons "wear" gowns.

I am only watching 30 minutes of AR then off to the Oscars. HUGE FAN of Seth M!

by Anonymousreply 14702/24/2013

The brothers see water AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Get me out of here.

by Anonymousreply 14802/24/2013

Those brothers are two pitiful whining punk-asses. I'm scared of the sea!

by Anonymousreply 14902/24/2013

Team Redneck pulled his wife up by her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 15002/24/2013

Like driving a stick shift, you should not go on the race if you don't know how to swim.

by Anonymousreply 15102/24/2013

The brothers were pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 15202/24/2013

I hope he ruptured his achilles so we don't have to listen to the father and son team again.

by Anonymousreply 15302/24/2013

The brothers were eliminated.

by Anonymousreply 15402/24/2013

Yes he did r150, I laughed like hell when she just lay there like a beached seal.

Poor twin Doctors, picking the shells one at a time instead of pulling up the whole string. They never had a chance. Well, they may have had a chance if they had picked the picnic underwater task instead.

Man, that hockey player was giving me the tingles, even when he left his front teeth out. Very hot.

by Anonymousreply 15502/24/2013

I guess Asians can't drive in the water either.

by Anonymousreply 15602/25/2013

Team Cancer is working my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 15702/25/2013

Bulge alerts: I saw big bulges on both of the hockey players.

And if my eyes did not deceive me, I saw a pretty good bulge on the YouTube - Richard Simmons guy and I think I saw one on the younger Team Cancer guy.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 15802/25/2013

That was an interesting episode. The twins were pathetic yes but you could tell by the look in their eyes it was real fear. They were seriously challenged, just frozen with insecurity and talking about their mother. And the US/Asians, talking about their upbringing when they were easily shamed by their parents. There's a depth to the dysfunction this season. I'm really glad the twins didn't take the penalty even though they were eliminate in the end.

by Anonymousreply 15902/25/2013

For smart guys the twins are dumb. They should have changed tasks much sooner. (And noticed the oysters were on strings).

by Anonymousreply 16002/25/2013

You try out for this show and you really don't know what to expect? Every season 90% of the black players have had problems with water. Every season there is always some challenge where you will be high off the ground yet those people fearful of heights always act like they put this in this season for the first time. Why wouldn't you practice swimming or try to take a class on beating your fear of heights?

by Anonymousreply 16102/25/2013

Makes sense to me R161

If I were to be on the show, I would train for as long as my advance notice would allow me to. I would work out hard and work on conquering my fears (in my case, heights). Also, I would learn to drive a manual drive automobile.

Then I would pack my best caftans and earrings and be ready for the journey of my lifetime on The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 16202/25/2013

I think part of the race, as in life, is conquering your fears. There will always be something unexpected and challenging.

by Anonymousreply 16302/26/2013

Sometimes you wonder if these contestants ever watch the show. There are three things that are a must for The Race

Rule 1. Know how to drive a stick shift, BOTH of you. You can't rely on one person driving. You won't be in America for 90% of the time.

Rule 2. You have to know how to swim, you are going to be in water.

Rule 3. No crippling fear of heights, you will be high up

It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 16402/26/2013

Those gay doctors were fucking PATHETIC!

by Anonymousreply 16503/03/2013

So, will Cancer Dad and Cancer Boy be eliminated tonight or be forced to leave due to injury?

by Anonymousreply 16603/03/2013

R166 I hope they leave..

Gisele, what's on the menu for tonight?

by Anonymousreply 16703/03/2013

Sorry a little late tonight.

Just snacking tonight. Nothing too heavy.

by Anonymousreply 16803/03/2013

Did I mention that I will go to the hospital?

by Anonymousreply 16903/03/2013

I have a feeling that CBS would give the sympathy vote to Cancer Boy and Cancer Dad. If they are the last in, bet it will automatically be a non elimination leg.

by Anonymousreply 17003/03/2013

I don't like these blondes.

by Anonymousreply 17103/03/2013

I fucking hate non-elimination rounds. A big reason why I watch this show is to see the team I hate get thrown out and off the show.

Oh, well. New Zealand looks pretty. As does Phil's bulge.

by Anonymousreply 17203/03/2013

I've been diagnosed with an inability to stop talking about cancer.

by Anonymousreply 17303/03/2013

Not over! And they might quit.

I'm glad they won something because that Dad is so lame, and also has a hurt foot, that I thought they might blow that.

by Anonymousreply 17403/03/2013

Lol, I guess John Wayne's money didn't have legs!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17503/03/2013

[quote]Sometimes you wonder if these contestants ever watch the show. There are three things that are a must for The Race

I think that the things you listed are essential, but I think there is a definite bias against teams who aren't in good physical shape with a degree of muscular strength. This is why teams of young males tend to do so well.

You'd think more teams would hire trainers, etc. I wonder if they have time to do much conditioning--is the start date of the race very close to the time they are notified they've been selected?

by Anonymousreply 17603/03/2013

Cancer Dad needs to stop crying.

Cancer son looks like Jonathan Groff.

by Anonymousreply 17703/03/2013

Such beautiful scenery and those accents on those big, burly hunks...whew.

"I'm 24 and I'm a pharmacist and I will drive this wimp I am married to into an early grave with my bitching and my "told ya so" attitude."

Wynona is growing on me.

I hate "to be continued" episodes sooo much. Flames..flames on the side of my face.

by Anonymousreply 17803/03/2013

Team Cancer rocked this(half)leg! It's episodes like this that remind me to never give up. I gave up on them last week and decided the country singers were my new favorite team, but now it looks like they fall apart during a memory challenge next week.

by Anonymousreply 17903/03/2013

I need to go to New Zealand stat!

Okay, not to attack one of our own, but Joey or whatever his name is Youtube guy? WTF? Can't he just tone it down a tad, it's like he is in character the entire time. He may be the most annoying contestant yet.

by Anonymousreply 18003/03/2013

[quote]You'd think more teams would hire trainers, etc. I wonder if they have time to do much conditioning--is the start date of the race very close to the time they are notified they've been selected?

Probably some do train in advance. If you were really committed, you'd start training as soon as you applied, if not before.

by Anonymousreply 18103/03/2013

I missed the first two episodes. I forgot it started already. I watched tonight. What is it with gay men and driving? Joey and his team were in 3rd then they had to drive to a roadblock. Somehow they fell all the way to 6th while they were driving. It wasn't shown what happened. They were well ahead of those teams by atleast 40 minutes. Last season, James and Jaymes were terrible at driving. Brent and Josh did poorly too.

by Anonymousreply 18203/03/2013

I know Joey and Meghan said they did a lot of training in one of their Youtube videos, so there must be some degree of advanced warning.

by Anonymousreply 18303/03/2013

Can't muster up the least bit of interest in this season. The show is so tired, every episode is the same. Checking out and deleting this show from the DVR now.

by Anonymousreply 18403/03/2013

The YouTube sensation has "questioning" under the castagory of sexuality on his MySpace page. It should give a lot of straight girls hope because they're by far the majority that find him adorable.

by Anonymousreply 18503/03/2013

Then you're stupid, r184. None of the past three broadcasts have been remotely alike.

by Anonymousreply 18603/03/2013

[quote]The YouTube sensation has "questioning" under the castagory of sexuality on his MySpace page.

Questioning? That guy is just short of flaming.

by Anonymousreply 18703/04/2013

What is he "questioning"? Whether he's a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 18803/04/2013

I loved how Phil introduced the dog at the mat.

by Anonymousreply 18903/04/2013

R189 I wonder if that may have something to do with the final (Finish Line) task?

by Anonymousreply 19003/04/2013

"Joey is not a gay, people. Stop the nasty rumors."

i don't think that being gay is "nasty"

by Anonymousreply 19103/04/2013

regardless, gayer than gay Joey has great looking legs.

by Anonymousreply 19203/04/2013

I think Max is a little cutie. Too bad he's stuck with that harpy beard of his.

by Anonymousreply 19303/04/2013

Damn... do any gay NZ look like Flash? If so, I'm calling my travel agent immediately!

by Anonymousreply 19403/04/2013

If they are smart, they will remember that dog's name for the very last episode. It might mean winning a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 19503/04/2013

I like how Max described his long horse faced wife as a cold German. Indeed. What an insufferable twat.

by Anonymousreply 19603/04/2013

John Wayne's grand daughter?

by Anonymousreply 19703/04/2013

I think Cancer Boy is cute. Was he the one who had testicular cancer and does that raise the possibility that he only has one testicle?

by Anonymousreply 19803/04/2013

Everytime they show the hockey players I just want to lick the sweat off their balls...

by Anonymousreply 19903/04/2013

Yes, r198, Connor- Cancer Boy -is the one who had testicular cancer. There is no information about whether Connor lost a testicle. Connor has worked for Livestrong, Lance Armstrong's charity. I wonder what he thinks of Lance's downfall?

by Anonymousreply 20003/04/2013

You just know Dave has had his mouth all over Connor.

by Anonymousreply 20103/04/2013

I really struggle to find a team that I am really rooting for. At first I found the dad/son team nice, when they mentioned their struggle with cancer for the first time. After the fourth time the dad choking and holding back his drama tears I wanted him gone and let the son team up with the Youtube sensation guy. C'mon, testicular cancer boy needs some upliftment and Daddy is kind of a Debbie Downer. Guess they are gone.

I can't recall that a team ever won a prize for being the first on a two leg episode before.

The guy with the missing front teeth from the Hockey Player team looks like Prince William.

The mullet guy comes off as crazy as Ted Nugent with his taxidermy hobby.

It's odd, but to me so many of the girls on this season look like they are Katie Cassidy clones (from WB shows like Arrow, Gossip Girl, and Supernatural) .

So far I like the mom team best. Which is a first (usually I root for teams with hot male eye candy). I wonder if this could be the first season of a mom team winning? They sure seem to have the brains and brawns to go through the challenges and don't fuck up with bad navigation or route info skills.

The Youtube sensation team is second. I like how they were a team on the second episode during the pearl challenge (and the guy does look cute during the stilt challenge). But they really do play it up for the camera which I am not very fond of.

What was the point of the dog being part of the obstacle course in the latest episode?

New Zealand looks so great. For some reason I'd love to visit both Scotland and New Zealand just to compare them both based on their lush green landscapes.

I think this is the first season where I feel contempt for so many teams. The surfer team is just obnoxious and the guy really looks like a hyperactive rodent. I hate the newlyweds with a passion. I want them to divorce in the show with a huge big drama fight. The rednecks just rub me the wrong way (the woman is always whining and commenting about holding her husband back - though it was probably the best bit so far when her husband dragged her on the boat with his hand between her legs and she just laid there like a dead fish or sea lion in the second episode).

I don't like the drama of the father son team quitting or not quitting. A shame that the second express pass was wasted that way where it doesn't cause some major game change for all the racers.

by Anonymousreply 20203/04/2013

Ratings for last night (am including 9PM numbers to show TAR audience vs Celebrity Apprentice)

8 p.m.

CBS: "The Amazing Race" (9.1 million, 5.4/8)

ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7.2 million, 4.3/7)

NBC: "Dateline" (6.1 million, 4.0/6)

FOX: "The Simpsons" (4.8 million, 2.6/4)/"The Cleveland Show" (3.8 million, 2.1/3)

18-49 leader: "The Amazing Race" (2.4)

9 p.m.

CBS: "The Good Wife" (8.9 million, 5.9/9)

ABC: "Red Widow" series premiere (7.1 million, 4.7/7)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" season premiere (5 million, 3.2/5)

FOX: "Family Guy" rerun (4.1 million, 2.3/3)/"Bob's Burgers" (3.6 million, 2.0/3)

18-49 leader: "Family Guy" (1.9)

by Anonymousreply 20303/04/2013

Ha ha! Suck it, Donald!

by Anonymousreply 20403/04/2013

So the first two teams eliminated were alpha males (the firefighters and the twin doctors, although they seemed less alpha once we got to know them). If Team Cancer is the next to do (which seems likely, considering Dad's injury), we'll have three male/male teams gone and only one (Team Hockey) left. That has to be some kind of record.

by Anonymousreply 20503/05/2013

I like a lot of the teams. The Asian girls are funny. This looks to be a great season.

by Anonymousreply 20603/06/2013

For those of you who think that joey is over acting or playing it up for the cameras, he's really not. ya'll should watch some of his daily vlogs and you'll see that he is just a very outgoing person with a very bubbly personality that makes him seem like a caricature at times. and it probably doesn't help that he's so excited to be going on this great adventure, so i'm sure that just amps up his personality even more.

anyway, lay off the guy, in one of his videos he said that he ate some paint chips when he was a kid and they had lead in them so he got lead poisoning and had to be in the special ed classes most of the way through school.

everyone should watch his "draw my life" video before they judge him.

by Anonymousreply 20703/06/2013

Thanks for the info on Joey, r207.

Oh, A commercial I saw last night makes it obvious that Dave and Connor do not quit the race. But don't worry, r205, they could still be eliminated so your fantasy of seeing three male/male teams out in a row may happen!

by Anonymousreply 20803/07/2013

R208 Yeah, I wasn't thinking they were going to quit, but if there's any kind of challenging task that would be adversely affected by Dad's injury, they will be hard-pressed not to hobble across the finish line in last place. Of course it could be an NEL, but they're still the most likely to be eliminated next, even if it's not this Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 20903/07/2013

The Amazing Race Norway started its second season yesterday, and it's actually pretty good. Although nothing can top the first season.

by Anonymousreply 21003/07/2013

Joey is a flaming queen, but he really is a sweet kid. Let's not be too pointlessly bitchy to him.

by Anonymousreply 21103/07/2013

Where can you watch Norway, r210? Are there subtitles?

by Anonymousreply 21203/10/2013

I'm glad to see TAR is doing pretty well in the ratings but I'm not really rooting for any particular team this time around either. I kind of liked the twin doctors but they fell apart.

by Anonymousreply 21303/10/2013

I want to be double-penetrated by the twin doctors.

by Anonymousreply 21403/10/2013

So sick of cancer boy and cancer limpin' dad. Hope they get phil-liminated tonight.

by Anonymousreply 21503/10/2013

I have no one to cheer for this season, and won't be watching this anymore.

by Anonymousreply 21603/10/2013

Missing teefs hockey brother looks a little like a young Paul Newman.

by Anonymousreply 21703/10/2013

I'm cheering for Joey and his incredible looking legs.

by Anonymousreply 21803/10/2013

Cancer boy is hot. The father is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 21903/10/2013

I like gay joey and the team of John and jessica.

by Anonymousreply 22003/10/2013

Fruity top -that's what I call Tommie.

by Anonymousreply 22103/10/2013

phil, hanging to the right.

by Anonymousreply 22203/10/2013

Gisele, are whoopie pies a southern thing? Is it graham cracker crust with marshmallow and chocolate? I've never had one obviously.

by Anonymousreply 22303/10/2013

Who do you think is a Fruity Top or a Sandy Bottom?

by Anonymousreply 22503/10/2013

R223 - it's a northern treat; it's a mouthful of awesomeness (other than my Tommie).

by Anonymousreply 22603/10/2013

Thanks. we have a cupcake shop here that sells something like that. Now I know what they are called. I was thinking moon pie.

by Anonymousreply 22703/10/2013

Kisses kcguy!

by Anonymousreply 22803/10/2013

back at ya! You help me forget my disappointment that tearful dad and son came in first.

by Anonymousreply 22903/10/2013

What an idiot that John is.

by Anonymousreply 23003/10/2013

A SUPER idiot.

by Anonymousreply 23103/10/2013

IDIOTS!! She asked him to use it over and over. He was just too arrogant to do it. How humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 23203/10/2013

What a arrogant idiot.

by Anonymousreply 23303/10/2013

Ha! You could tell Phil thought John was an idiot when he relpied "really" after John went on and on about what is the 'value' blah.. blah..

by Anonymousreply 23403/10/2013

Oy vey. I think you will see that they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 23503/10/2013

Yes, he's definitely a imbecile. And an moron.

by Anonymousreply 23603/10/2013

They won't be dating much longer.

by Anonymousreply 23703/10/2013

Cancer boy is only 21.

by Anonymousreply 23803/10/2013

John seemed to lose his mind near the end. He was hot, his body, not his face.

by Anonymousreply 23903/10/2013

Yes he seemed like he was having a panic attack.

by Anonymousreply 24003/10/2013

John's partner looked like she was thinking, "The moment the cameras are off is the moment I walk away from this idiot. He can catch a separate flight back to the States."

by Anonymousreply 24103/10/2013

John was highly embarrassed and humiliated that they went out the way they did. That was why he seemed to be babbling at the end. I felt bad for him.

That toofless hockey bro can high stick me anytime.

More gorgeous scenery.

More love for Wynona this week and when you get a good look at her, you can see how beautiful she is. Too bad we got a good look at her as the Walmart greeter was running clear around the whole island.

by Anonymousreply 24203/10/2013

Lol, John was really out of it at the end.

But what idiots they were, ¨he¨ for being so stupid as to not use the express pass, and ¨she¨ for letting him do it. I bet the blond from the other couple team would never have let her new husband pull such a stupid stunt like that.

However, I like how all the usual suspects winner team (guy-guy or young couple team) are being eliminated. Maybe an all female team winners this time???

by Anonymousreply 24303/10/2013

I thought it might have been a non-elimination round which would have been great for them. Use the express pass the next time and jump back to the front.

by Anonymousreply 24403/10/2013

BTW, Phil's "oy vey" as he looked into the camera was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 24503/10/2013

R224, Joey won't say one way or another, and when he talks about romantic relationships he usually uses "they" or "people" rather than "she." His only mentions of women specifically are usually of having a crush on a girl in elementary school or kissing one during high school, ect, which are situations most gay men have experienced, but it's enough for his homophobic fangirls to soothe themselves.

by Anonymousreply 24603/10/2013

Phil's got a package and speaks Yiddish? Now THAT'S a catch.

by Anonymousreply 24703/10/2013

Oh ma gawd. John's front porch light is on, but nobody's home.

So happy to see the Express Pass is no longer in play.

by Anonymousreply 24803/11/2013

[quote] He can catch a separate flight back to the States."

They don't get to fly back to the States until the last leg. Until then they're either sequestered in a foreign country or used as decoys to deflect spoilers.

Too bad Jessica can't team up with Connor (or even Chuck.)

by Anonymousreply 24903/11/2013

Why is there a new thread if this one is nowhere near full yet?

by Anonymousreply 25003/11/2013

So who is R207? Joey or someone close to Joey?

by Anonymousreply 25103/11/2013

There must have been something wrong with John. Ministroke?

by Anonymousreply 25203/11/2013

R250 There's no new thread. Someone mistakenly revived the TAR 21 thread by posting something about TAR 22.

by Anonymousreply 25303/11/2013

That was the most crushing elimination I've seen. Remember last season when Ryan and Abbie, dating divorcees, wanted to win every leg then crashed and burned? You can't be rigid.

The heat is on Joey and his alliance next episode. I'm worried. They are bad navigators and they have competitors looking to u-turn them.

by Anonymousreply 25403/11/2013

[quote]What a arrogant idiot.[/quote]

Wasn't he the snarky one who bragged to the male-male team that he had the express pass, topped off with a side grin?

Personally, I think he fell in love with that damn thing, so much so that he never wanted to part from it.

by Anonymousreply 25503/11/2013

[quote]More love for Wynona this week and when you get a good look at her, you can see how beautiful she is.

Beautiful? Reallllly?

R242, you lezzies have the weirdest taste in women. Enjoy Michfest!

by Anonymousreply 25603/11/2013

R246, thanks for the info. Joey seems gayer than a rainbow. I haven't even watched any of his videos, but most fangirls defend him when people say he's gay, so I just figured he really was an eff. straight guy, however weird that is.

I kinda like his personality, although sometimes it can be a bit OTT. He's definitely a good looking twink though. I mean, his team is the only team I'm rooting for this season.

R207, you have no idea how much you can get to know about a person just by watching their videos. Just visit his Youtube channel, I'm sure all of what R207 is saying has been mentioned in Joey's videos.

by Anonymousreply 25703/11/2013

Joey is a moron, I hate him. Did you see him talking to the monkey in different accents? Paint chips indeed.

by Anonymousreply 25803/11/2013

LOL the paint chips story made me crack up. Maybe that explains his weird behavior, at least some of it!

by Anonymousreply 25903/11/2013

he may be over the top and gayer than Judy Garland's bejeweled diet pill box, but I just wanna cling to Joey's magnificent looking legs.

by Anonymousreply 26003/11/2013

Thanks for the heads up on Amazing Race Norway! I'd seen the Australian and Asian versions (both in English) but I didn't know about that one.

The season one eps seem to be torrentable if you search "Amazing Race Norge", and I watched the first one. I speak absolutely no Norwegian but was able to follow pretty well since I know the format of the show. So I have no idea what they talk about and I know nothing personal about any of the teams but you can follow the race aspect. I don't know that I'd watch more than one ep, but it's fun as a mind-warp.

It seemed obvious the twins were gay, but did they actually officially talk about being gay or was it just left unsaid like with Deaf Luke and Asskicker Keisha from the American version?

Anyway, I may watch a bit more, but I'm actually a little more mindblown that there is "The Apprentice Ireland". I knew about the UK version, but I had no idea Ireland had its own knockoff of a knockoff of Trump. Irish MBA twits, gay tattooed Norsk twins - reality television has really expanded my world.

by Anonymousreply 26103/11/2013

Phil sums up the Express Pass debacle:

by Anonymousreply 26203/11/2013

OT: Just read on SurvivorSucks that the father of Jaymes of the Chippendale duo from last season has died.

by Anonymousreply 26303/11/2013

[251] i was post [207] and no i am not joey, nor do i even know him, i'm just a fan who watches his videos where all of that information can be found and i didn't like people being negative about him when they probably didn't even know the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 26403/11/2013

Looks like the Bali greeter couldn't believe it either judging from the pic.

by Anonymousreply 26503/11/2013

He also got MUCH queenier as he was under pressure and spinning out of control.

by Anonymousreply 26603/11/2013

I can't believe that BOTH Express Passes are out of play and it's only the third episode. No one could have predicted that.

I'm not crazy about the teams this season, but I have to say that the first three episodes have featured some of the prettiest scenery ever featured on TAR. I hope they understand that pretty scenery is what viewers want to see, not India and Bangladesh.

by Anonymousreply 26703/11/2013

[quote]I hope they understand that pretty scenery is what viewers want to see, not India and Bangladesh.

Not this viewer. I want to see interesting tasks in places both beautiful and not. Love the crowded cities as much as the tourist towns.

by Anonymousreply 26803/11/2013

I LOVED the monkey/coconut challenge. Just when you think this show may run out of ideas, players are reliant on monkeys to get their next clue.

Yay, the 2x U-Turn! Shiz aboutz ta get real!

by Anonymousreply 26903/11/2013

8 p.m.

CBS: "The Amazing Race" (9.2 million, 5.5/9)

ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7.45 million, 4.5/7)

FOX: "The Simpsons" (4.9 million, 2.6/4)/"The Cleveland Show" (4.1 million, 2.2/3)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" rerun (2.9 million, 2.0/3)

18-49 leader: "The Amazing Race" (2.3)

9 p.m.

CBS: "The Good Wife" (9.1 million, 5.9/9)

ABC: "Revenge" (6.8 million, 4.3/6)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (4.6 million, 3.0/5)

FOX: "Family Guy" (5.25 million, 2.9/4)/"Bob's Burgers" (3.9 million, 2.1/3)

18-49 leader: "Family Guy" (2.6)

10 p.m.

CBS: "The Mentalist" (9.4 million, 6.0/10)

ABC: "Red Widow" (5.32 million, 3.4/6)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (5.31 million, 3.5/6)

18-49 leader: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (1.8)

by Anonymousreply 27003/11/2013

I'm looking forward to them going to England a few episodes down the road. Not looking forward to Joey putting on a phony British accent.

by Anonymousreply 27103/11/2013

I'm glad you liked it, R261. It's pretty close to the American version, so it should be easy to follow, even if you don't speak the language. I think the gay issue was just left unsaid, even though it was obvious, lol. They also did an interview with a big gay website here in Norway. But yes, on the actual show I don't think it was mentioned much, especially considering you had the token gay team in the lesbian couple, and as you may know, only one gay team per season on The Amazing Race! Lol

by Anonymousreply 27203/11/2013

If John's girlfriend does dump him he'd make an amazing 'The Bachelor'.

by Anonymousreply 27303/11/2013

I hope any potential employer of John is watching. They need to know what they're getting into. (Which is a good reason for people like him never to go on a show like TAR.)

by Anonymousreply 27403/11/2013

I don't think Jessica broke up with John. They did an interview together

by Anonymousreply 27503/11/2013

Yes, R267, Bora Bora was stunning. However, I do think the visits to the real third-world is interesting and good for insular Americans to see.

by Anonymousreply 27603/11/2013

I just love it when teams who think they're soooo smart or clever wind up doing something incredibly stupid. And then most of the time, they blame it on chance or dumb luck.

Also, happy to see that All-Star Celebrity Apprentice isn't pulling in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 27703/11/2013

I think John figured the Express Pass was not worth expending this early. So he kept putting off using it until it was too late. Kinda reminds me of people who are found dead in the desert with water still in their canteen.

by Anonymousreply 27803/12/2013

I wonder if the show will bend the rule for the father son team and the son will be allowed to do all the roadblock and detour challenges? That's the only way they can stay in the game (unless both have to work together in a physical task that needs daddy to be quick on his feet).

Remember that country singer guy and his 'girlfriend' (a chick he met days before the race) and the girl was terrified of heights and couldn't slide down some waterslide in the Middle East? For weeks people claimed that the couple didn't break up right after the incident and then by the end of the season it was revealed that they did indeed break up.

by Anonymousreply 27903/12/2013

The only reason I felt bad for John was because he seemed to be losing his mind. He was worse than Karl Rove on Election Night.

Jessica is culpable as well. She stayed passive and never really asserted herself. When they were leaving Fruity Top she should've been adamant that it was time to use the Express Pass. Instead, she let him be "the man." She'll never do that again.

What does John do that he doesn't need a million dollars?

by Anonymousreply 28003/12/2013

How many laughed at mullet man running on the beach near the end of the last episode?

by Anonymousreply 28103/12/2013

Yeah, R280, I was wondering if he meant that he literally did not need a million dollars or if that was just part of his (a) hallucinatory raving and (b) rationalization (i.e., I don't need a million dollars to be a happy person).

by Anonymousreply 28203/12/2013

Clearly it's a face saving defense rethoric/mechanism.

by Anonymousreply 28303/12/2013

[quote]What does John do that he doesn't need a million dollars?

He had that epiphany once he realized he had zero chance at winning it.

by Anonymousreply 28403/12/2013

Jaymes of Jaymes and James of last cycles father has succumbed to the cancer they were racing to prevent. No word from the Beeks, but I know they're heartsick.

by Anonymousreply 28503/12/2013

r285 - Why would the Beeks be heartsick? I'm sure they have sympathy like most human beings would, but Jaymes' dad was a stranger to them.

Also, they were not racing to prevent the cancer, FFS. He had terminal cancer with little chance of survival before the race. Jaymes wanted $ to give him a better lifestyle during his illness. Winning the money would not have changed his dad's outcome.

by Anonymousreply 28603/12/2013

It's almost time for our Gisele to make an appearance!

by Anonymousreply 28703/17/2013

I guess it's Team Cancer who will be quitting tonight?

by Anonymousreply 28803/17/2013

Hope so R288

by Anonymousreply 28903/17/2013

Oh, BOO-HOO... glad to see them leave.

by Anonymousreply 29003/17/2013

Sorry I am late!

by Anonymousreply 29103/17/2013

PHIL BULGE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 29203/17/2013

Pretty sure Dave cried more times in 3 legs of TAR than my own dad cried in his entire life.

by Anonymousreply 29303/17/2013

Choc chip cookies are the best! :)

by Anonymousreply 29403/17/2013

HA! R293. Bet they will be invited back for another edition of Race.

by Anonymousreply 29503/17/2013

I thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 29603/17/2013

Well the Wal-marters are carrying on the tradition of Cancer Dad and Cancer Boy.

by Anonymousreply 29703/17/2013

Well, a million bucks might not be enough to pay for the loss of your foot...glad the dad/son withdrew, otherwise it might have been up to the Race to eliminate them.

by Anonymousreply 29803/17/2013

I actually like the WalMart couple. They seem sweet.

Have had enough of the idiot blondes and Max & Katie.

by Anonymousreply 29903/17/2013

I loved seeing the hockey bros tiptoe through the wooden slats holding hands.

Why do I always get a creepy feeling when I hear someone say that their father/mother is their best friend? They are your mother/father, you need to have a best friend your own age.

So long dad and son.

by Anonymousreply 30003/17/2013

Don't understand at all that Joey/Partner didn't uturn a stronger team.

Inexplicable. Of course, it probably didn't matter in the end.

by Anonymousreply 30103/17/2013

R301, I think they chose one of the weakest teams to ensure they had a better shot at beating them. It wasn't about eliminating a strong team.

by Anonymousreply 30203/17/2013

Major package at the Detour intro. I hope there are caps.

by Anonymousreply 30303/17/2013

" Look at that Westerner selling chickens."

by Anonymousreply 30403/17/2013

So good to see Phil in khakis. The bulge shots were mouth-watering tonight.

by Anonymousreply 30503/17/2013

Wynona is such a useless nagging wife... I can't!!!

She hasn't done any of the road block, has she???

by Anonymousreply 30603/17/2013

That Vietnam song creeped me out!

by Anonymousreply 30703/18/2013

On some television discussion boards, people are complaining that TAR was promoting communism because of the use of the song/musical performance and they're also taking offense of the use of the site of the downed B52 as a pit stop.

by Anonymousreply 30803/18/2013

[quote]they're also taking offense of the use of the site of the downed B52 as a pit stop.

That's a big tourist attraction in Hanoi.

I wish they had made the competitors walk across a busy street in Hanoi without stopping. Too dangerous, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 30903/18/2013

The u-turns always piss me off because people are so stupid about it. Hitler and Mussolini aka Max and Katie set up that whole conspiracy against the Youtubers and Derby Moms when both are such middle of the pack teams. If they were smart they would have got everyone against the Hockey guys because they're actually a tough team. Most TAR contestants play so stupidly.

by Anonymousreply 31003/18/2013

All of the kvteching and conniving about the U-turns were completely unnecessary given Dave & Connor's withdrawal from the race.

by Anonymousreply 31103/18/2013

299 - Sweet? From their profile.

[quote]Chuck: What country and place would you most like to visit and why? A hunting reserve in Africa. I want to keep adding trophy heads to my collection.

Yeah, charming.

by Anonymousreply 31203/18/2013

r308 - Right. Because that song was quite the recruitment tool.

by Anonymousreply 31303/18/2013

I'll miss Connor.

by Anonymousreply 31403/18/2013

I could handle Connor. It was tearful Dad who got on my nerves. And that is a hot picture R314.

by Anonymousreply 31503/18/2013

Where was my gunboat?

by Anonymousreply 31603/18/2013

Have Winnie and Pam never heard of Schadenfreude? They were taking a bit too much glee in U-turning the youtubers.

by Anonymousreply 31703/18/2013

The youtubers are repulsive, so, who cares. I wish they'd fuck already and maybe they'd calm the fuck down already.

by Anonymousreply 31803/18/2013

Don't hold your breath, R318.

by Anonymousreply 31903/18/2013

One of the factors in using the u-turn is making sure the other team is behind you.

[quote]Have Winnie and Pam never heard of Schadenfreude? They were taking a bit too much glee in U-turning the youtubers.

That is Schadenfruede. I think you mean Karma.

by Anonymousreply 32003/18/2013

The second-highest-rated show of Sunday in the 18-49 demo, The Amazing Race (2.2/6), dipped 8% from its March 10 show.

by Anonymousreply 32103/18/2013

All I know was Phil was presenting a serious VPL in those khaki trousers. That thing was get pretty big, it was easily 5 inches soft. I am assuming he is not hard while filming.

by Anonymousreply 32203/18/2013

[quote]I am assuming he is not hard while filming.

He was whenever we checked in!

by Anonymousreply 32303/18/2013

I think this is the highest-rated season ever of TAR, which is strange because it's been one of the most boring. Last season's TAR was one of the best, and yet it was one of the lowest-rated. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 32403/18/2013

[quote]Go figure

Try this: Not everyone is interested in the same things as you.

by Anonymousreply 32503/18/2013

R325, I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 32603/18/2013

I hated to see the father and son leave. They were very sweet together.

Question... how did the last couple road blocked know who it was that road blocked them ? Phil said at the beginning that it would be kept hidden who roadblocked who.

by Anonymousreply 32703/18/2013

R327, the Walmart couple knew it was the You-tubers because that was the only other team still racing.

by Anonymousreply 32803/18/2013

Did they really make that deduction, r328? Or did they just see Team YouTube's pictures above theirs and assume that it meant that that was who U-Turned them? Were they ever even aware that it was a Double Blind U-Turn?

Not saying you're wrong, but that was my read...

by Anonymousreply 32903/18/2013

Agree with R329. Every team passed the U-turn. They would not need to be still racing to have used it

by Anonymousreply 33003/18/2013

Yup, Phil's penis outline in those khaki's was impressive.

by Anonymousreply 33103/18/2013

Team Ching Chong all the way!

by Anonymousreply 33203/18/2013

I want to hold hands and skip through the tapping poles, too. That was a darling challenge.

by Anonymousreply 33303/18/2013

8 p.m.

CBS: "The Amazing Race" (8.8 million, 5.3/8)

ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7.2 million, 4.2/7)

NBC: "Dateline" (6.2 million, 4.1/7)

FOX: "The Simpsons" (4.8 million, 2.5/4)/"The Cleveland Show" (4 million, 2.2/3)

18-49 leader: "The Amazing Race" and "Once Upon a Time" tied at 2.2

9 p.m.

CBS: "The Good Wife" (9 million, 6.0/9)

ABC: "Revenge" (6.45 million, 4.1/6)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (5.2 million, 3.3/5)

FOX: "Family Guy" (4.9 million, 2.8/4)/"Bob's Burgers" (3.5 million, 2.0/3)

18-49 leader: "Family Guy" (2.3)

10 p.m.

CBS: "The Mentalist" (9.8 million, 6.3/10)

NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (5.7 million, 3.8/6)

ABC: "Red Widow" (4.4 million, 2.9/5)

18-49 leader: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (1.9)

by Anonymousreply 33403/18/2013

Last night's episode was a passive-aggressive slap in the face to Americans by the Vietnamese. From the pit stop being at the site of a crashed B-52 to the song praising communism; it was revolting.

Another East Asian team wins a leg in an East Asian country. I remember when Tammy and Victor won years ago. People denied they had an advantage in China. These East Asian teams are more familiar with East Asia than non-East Asian team which gives them an advantage but there clearly is a strong bias among East Asians to respond to other East Asians quicker and more accurately than to non-East Asians. Everyone caught up before the leg began so they were on a level playing field at the start. I remember when a taxi in China passed by another team who were waving for a taxi and picked up Tammy and Victor.

Mullet man is the weakest player left. I don't agree with his wife who said she is. He has bungled up so much.

by Anonymousreply 33503/18/2013

I don't really hate any team this year but I don't know why they hate the gay boy and the old ladies so much.

by Anonymousreply 33603/18/2013

R336, the "old ladies" Mona and Beth are only in their thirties or early forties at the most!

by Anonymousreply 33703/18/2013

Poor R335, sucks to be losing white privilege, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 33803/18/2013

Interesting that the hockey brothers aren't out in front.

by Anonymousreply 33903/18/2013

[quote]Interesting that the hockey brothers aren't out in front.

Fixed it for you:

Interesting that the hockey brothers aren't out.

by Anonymousreply 34003/18/2013

I think other than the 2 Asians, all the other teams are just average to poor. The country bumpkins won't last as well as those two blondes. I think the hockey players could make a challenge for the Asians.

by Anonymousreply 34103/18/2013

I think Max is the Bottom and his wife is the Top.

by Anonymousreply 34203/18/2013

If anything that song made me into more of a capitalist.

by Anonymousreply 34303/18/2013

Yes, R335--How dare those Vietnamese present their country in a manner that hurts our feelings. Why, you'd think they won the war. Bravo to you for not taking the easy way out and blaming the producers of the show for picking content that is offensive to you. Let's place the blame where it belongs! On those treacherous Vietnamese.

And thank you for not considering that if Americans of Asian heritage have an advantage in Asia, whites must have an advantage In Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. I'm so sick of those liberal false equivalences.

by Anonymousreply 34403/18/2013

Vietnam looks like most modern countries. Rich areas and very poor areas in a communist country. Its funny the US does business with Vietnam, China and every communist country except Cuba. They have even helped North Korea.

by Anonymousreply 34503/18/2013

R324 are you talking out of your ass? The ratings for TAR (and Survivor) drop slightly each season. The ratings for this season are down for this season as compared to Season 21

by Anonymousreply 34603/18/2013

No, not true, R346. This season is doing much better in the ratings than last season, which was one of the lowest-rated ever. I think only the family edition had lower ratings.

by Anonymousreply 34703/18/2013

"Muchos gracias"

by Anonymousreply 34803/18/2013

any pics of Phil's Amazing Package online yet?

by Anonymousreply 34903/18/2013

Do football season Races do worse in ratings than non? After all, every fall/winter, you have to figure out when the show is actually going to start, while it's at a pretty standard 8pm when it's not gridiron season.

by Anonymousreply 35003/18/2013

Every country as war memorials. Big whoop. And were you also in a snit when Rob and Amber got help when they raced because people recognized them from TV?

by Anonymousreply 35103/18/2013

Politics aside, Vietnam has some of the cutest monkeys I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 35203/18/2013

The Amazing Race travels all around the world. Hilarious that a bunch of stupid Americans still don't get that they do not run the world and that there are many different and varied cultures outside of your borders.

Americans buy into their own propaganda, believing they have freedom and the world's greatest democracy. You don't. Just because it's labelled "democracy" doesn't mean it matches the contents in the tin. You're all just slaves in a ultra capitalist society designed to benefit the 1%. Get over yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 35303/19/2013

r347, the internet is your friend

by Anonymousreply 35503/19/2013

Right R354. And can you explain to us what socialism actually is?

Thought not.

by Anonymousreply 35603/19/2013

Why bother, R356? You can't make it work anyway.

by Anonymousreply 35703/19/2013

I'd really love for asshats like R354 to live in the government-free utopia they imagine exists.

by Anonymousreply 35803/19/2013

Gisele, we will be late tonight..

that being said... WAY TO GO KANSAS JAYHAWKS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 35903/24/2013

I don't mind TAR being pushed back for a story on Pussy Riot.

Love you Grrrls!!

by Anonymousreply 36003/24/2013

Ohh...Phil Viet Nam apology to the vets!!!

by Anonymousreply 36103/24/2013

Tonight... Africa!

I'm sure there will be some TAR viewers griping about it. "Last week, you went to a COMMUNIST country with COMMUNIST PROPAGANDA and a downed B-52 which was a DISGRACE to AMERICA. And now this week, you go a country filled with THOSE kind of people??!!?"

by Anonymousreply 36203/24/2013

IT'S STARTING NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 36303/24/2013

He may be gayer than Judy Garland's sequined pant suit but I'd still suck Joey's cock. As long as he didn't talk.. I think he's cute.

by Anonymousreply 36403/24/2013

Joey is the reason why kids get bullied.

by Anonymousreply 36503/24/2013

Joey is working my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 36603/24/2013

Max and Katie are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 36703/24/2013

Other than for the mullet, Chuck is really not that bad looking.

by Anonymousreply 36803/24/2013

I was so happy that Max and Katie were out, and then Phil ruined it.

by Anonymousreply 36903/24/2013

Really hating Joey this leg.

by Anonymousreply 37003/24/2013

Bitch, tone it DOWN!!!

by Anonymousreply 37103/24/2013

Poor K-K-K-Katie, being forced to smell those nasty bushmen.

Joey needs to quit working the camera. It's like he has a sixth sense that it is on him.

Kind of boring tonight. Maybe if they had to jump out of those planes.

That blond hockey bro is looking more and more like Prince William with every show. Amazing resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 37203/24/2013

I was hoping the scorpion would sting Joey... not fatally, of course, but just enough to incapacitate him.

by Anonymousreply 37303/24/2013

I don't know why you guys think Joey is gay, especially after the Africa episode. It's not like he has effeminate mannerisms ... oh wait.

by Anonymousreply 37403/25/2013

Max pings more and more after every episode.

by Anonymousreply 37503/25/2013

Max was wearing his shirt from the Aaron Schock Collection again.

by Anonymousreply 37603/25/2013

I agree R375. Smug, entitled little bitch.. and that wife of his!

by Anonymousreply 37703/25/2013

TV ratings: 'Celebrity Apprentice' drops as March Madness and CBS lead Sunday

by Anonymousreply 37803/25/2013

[quote]Elsewhere, "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" fell some from last week for NBC.

[quote]CBS averaged 10.1 million viewers and a 6.3 rating/10 share in households for the night, easily beating ABC's 6.2 million and 3.7/6. NBC (5.6 million, 3.7/6) finished third.

[quote]CBS also scored a win among adults 18-49 with a 2.4 rating. FOX took second in the demographic with a 1.7, edging ABC's 1.6. NBC posted a 1.3.

So nice to see Trump pulling down NBC's numbers. I'm sure he's tweeted with glee about how well he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 37903/25/2013

No doubt if you heard The Doucheald's ratings analysis, his show would be the clear #1 of he week. Glad he's a ratings loser... Love TAR

by Anonymousreply 38003/25/2013

Is TAR getting higher ratings than Survivor?

by Anonymousreply 38103/25/2013

Joey is sizzling hot and love the hairy legs! He is the only reason I'm watching this season.

by Anonymousreply 38203/25/2013

I have my gloves so I don't have to touch icky things! That's why I wear them during sex!

by Anonymousreply 38303/25/2013

I can't believe Max and his sour bitch of a wife said the tribesmen stunk, not once but twice.

by Anonymousreply 38403/25/2013

I think Max is really cute. I'd love to stretch his hole.

by Anonymousreply 38503/25/2013

Max and Katie exemplified the rude, self-centered American stereotype with that comment. Of course people who live in the bush in Africa aren't going to have deodorant, and aren't going to shower twice a day with a bunch of smelly soaps. They were complete embarrassments.

by Anonymousreply 38603/25/2013

Joey is not gay. He ate lead paint chips as a child and was a special ed case, but he is a straight person. I think it's inspiring that he's competing as a mentally challenged contestant and I'm bewildered as to why this is being perceived as homosexual behaviour here. Even the bushmen concluded that Joey was really scared, not that he was a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 38703/25/2013

What an evil cunt that bitch is!!!

Racist, disagreeable and rude.

I was hoping so bad for their comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 38803/25/2013

That hockey bother really looks ike Prince William

by Anonymousreply 38903/25/2013

R387 i personally think he's gay because he likes to play the gender pronoun game and those pronouns feel out of place and not like they fit in his normal speech patterns. and because if he were straight then he would have said so at least once because i know he sees people asking him if he's gay all the time on his youtube comments, plus he does ask joey videos, but he's never once addressed his relationship status or his sexuality. a lot of the other male youtubers that have gotten gay rumors have had no problem in denying it. so i'm not saying he's gay just because of his mannerisms, i'm saying i think he's gay because all of that just doesn't add up to him being straight.

by Anonymousreply 39003/25/2013

Aw, I thought it was sad when Team YouTube said, "We weren't exactly the most popular people in high school." Aw.

Still, I can't believe you guys don't know a closet when you see one. I mean, please. If forced to choose between a scorpion and a pussy, Joey would choose the scorpion every time.

Get real.

by Anonymousreply 39103/26/2013

^^ "closet case when you see one"

by Anonymousreply 39203/26/2013

I'd like to see more of the dynamic between Joey and Megan. The sexual tension between them is off the roof, but I'm not seeing much else to root for them.

Beyond that, this is one hell of a boring season. Between the lame tasks, the boring "personalities" and the non-elimination of the lesbians, this was probably my least favorite episode in a few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 39303/26/2013

[quote]Joey is not gay. He ate lead paint chips as a child and was a special ed case, but he is a straight person. I think it's inspiring that he's competing as a mentally challenged contestant and I'm bewildered as to why this is being perceived as homosexual behaviour here. Even the bushmen concluded that Joey was really scared, not that he was a homosexual.

Is Joey's last name, Luft?

by Anonymousreply 39403/26/2013

R393, how the fuck can there be sexual chemistry between them? Joey is gay ffs!

by Anonymousreply 39503/26/2013

R393, sometimes TAR is just a travel show. This episode was low key in terms of the competition but it was an interesting culture and location. You'll enjoy life more if you learn to appreciate something for what it is rather than what it's not. Y'know, variety is the spice of life and all that.

by Anonymousreply 39603/26/2013

I agree with 395, Joey is a flamer big time and annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 39703/26/2013

R394 no, it's graceffa

by Anonymousreply 39803/26/2013

From now on, when anybody asks "Is so-and-so gay?", I'm going to answer, "No, he ate lead paint chips," because the mannerisms between being gay and being mentally deficient seem to be interchangeable.

I think Joey is a fag who ate paint chips. Can't he be both? By the way, his savvy play towards the cameras makes him seem smart not slow.

by Anonymousreply 39903/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.