Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joss Whedon threatening a return of FIREFLY

Just let it go, man. Let. it. Go.

"Speaking to the Tornoto Sun, the director stated that he'll never let hopes of a Firefly resurrection die. "I'll never really accept it," Whedon said. "And I always, in the back of my head, think, 'What if I could get the old gang back together?'"

"Well, you know, it's something I would love to do," Whedon said in regards to getting the Firefly cast back together. "When I made Serenity, I said here's one thing I'll never do again -- a movie based on something that some people know about and some people don't, with tons of characters who all know each other and who you have to introduce. And then my second movie was The Avengers."

"Part of me is like, 'God, it would be great when I finish Avengers 2 to do that,' " Whedon said in regards to revisiting the Firefly universe. I think most people would prefer that Whedon stuck around the MCU beyond Avengers 2, maybe for life in a quasi-George Lucas capacity. Barring an unlikely disaster with the second cinematic outing for Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I'm inclined to believe that Marvel feels the same way. But maybe Whedon will just need a little break after all the superhero theatrics and will look to something else, and maybe it will be a certain renegade spaceship crew.

"I suspect very strongly that after Avengers 2 the next thing I do will be a one-man show. Possibly one monkey."

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

I prefer he resurrect Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

Firefly was a great series that was very prematurely cancelled. Of course he would like to revisit it if he ever could (though I doubt that will ever happen).

Buffy had a long run and he was able to tell that story R1.

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

Bring back Twin Peaks and Pushing Daisies. Then get back to me.

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

R2 nails it.

It's always going to be something on his mind, but I doubt he'll ever get around to it.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

True, R2. I just miss Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

Just pissed because the other nerd director got the STAR WARS gig.

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

i would love it. serenity was a big hit in some markets - just not in the usa where it was modest. the main issue is getting them all on their breaks from tv - castle, homeland, suits etc - not sure if that would align easily

by Anonymousreply 701/28/2013

I'd love to see Firefly again.

by Anonymousreply 801/28/2013

Long-cancelled series that needs to come back is #1 Lady Detective Agency. Thanks Weinstein Brothers and BBC. I think the BBC cancelled it because it was starring two American actresses and OF COURSE the BBC can't have that! Firefly can just be DOA continually.

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

If only Wonderfalls could come back instead.

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

i thought no 1 lady detective agency got cancelled due to the austerity budget cuts (along with 80% of uk drama). have you watched bbc recently? repeat and crap soap city....

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

The one show that needs to be resurrected is Paper Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!