Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Persis Khambatta

Why didn't she happen? She was quite attractive, even bald. What caused her heart problems? She had bypass surgery at quite a young age, and was only 49 when she died.

by Lt. Iliareply 2301/28/2013

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Lt. Iliareply 101/28/2013

News flash: most people in the entertainment industry never happen.

Also, that particular Star Trek film was a notorious bomb.

by Lt. Iliareply 201/28/2013

It was a critical flop, but earned two hundred million dollars, which is why there were sequels. Persis deserves alot of credit for sticking with Star Trek through the entire process of Paramount vascillating between making another series or a movie. Spending four years in flux.

She engendered bad vibes in Hollywood when she jumped the gun and declared that she had been cast as one of Charlie's Angels. Spelling and ABC were so furious they awarded the role to Tanya Roberts instead. This ended her career in Hollywood leaving her to appear in European cheapies.

by Lt. Iliareply 301/28/2013

"My vow of celibacy is on record, Captain. May I assume my duties?"

It's like a sex addict 12 step quote.

by Lt. Iliareply 401/28/2013

I didn't know about the Charlie's Angels thing. That would do it. I imagine Aaron Spelling made life hell for her after that.

by Lt. Iliareply 501/28/2013

I liked Star Trek: TMP more than most people. Yes, it was an hour-long story stretched out to 2+ hours, but there's something charming about it.

Wrath of Khan is often lauded as the best of those movies, but Nicholas Meyer (the director and uncredited scriptwriter) was a hack who had never seen an episode of the original series, and it showed.

by Lt. Iliareply 601/28/2013

It's hard to argue with the results though. Roberts went on from Angels to have a stellar career that spanned decades and was even a Bond girl.

by Lt. Iliareply 701/28/2013

R2 Star Trek: The Motion Picture was not universally loved by movies fans, but it was far from a bomb. In adjusted dollars it made more than any other Trek film (except, of course, that 2009 Abrams abomination). It could be considered a bomb among critics, but not in money made.

by Lt. Iliareply 801/28/2013

Star Trek: TMP was a little slow (trying to emulate 2001: A Space Odyssey), but it was a rewarding film. I dug it on opening day in Dec. of '79 and I still like it today. Persis was a beautiful woman. If I had been straight, she would have easily given me an erection.

by Lt. Iliareply 901/28/2013

by Lt. Iliareply 1001/28/2013

What's brown and soft, and found on the Starship Enterprise?

The Captain's log.

by Lt. Iliareply 1101/28/2013

Don't know this bitch, but anyone walking around with a name like that should be shot.

by Lt. Iliareply 1201/28/2013

Could her career of run out of steam cause she DIED?

by Lt. Iliareply 1301/28/2013

R12 = NRA member

by Lt. Iliareply 1401/28/2013

by Lt. Iliareply 1501/28/2013

R13, her career ran out steam long before she died. She had moved back to India some years before, IIRC.

by Lt. Iliareply 1601/28/2013

Persis Khambatta is a fucking fabulous name. If there isn't a drag queen out there somewhere with that name, there damn well should be.

by Lt. Iliareply 1701/28/2013

Does anyone remember her Trek co-star Stephen Collins in 'Loving Couples'. He was a swinger with Shirley MacLaine, James Coburn and Susan Sarandon. He only did tv afterward.

by Lt. Iliareply 1801/28/2013

[quote]that particular Star Trek film was a notorious bomb.

Actually, while it didn't have the quality of writing & acting that The Wrath of Khan and the subsequent films had, it made a lot of money and received several Oscar nominations, including for Jerry Goldsmith's score and for the visual effects.

by Lt. Iliareply 1901/28/2013

[quote]Does anyone remember her Trek co-star Stephen Collins

I remember that he tried to upstage William Shatner in the Trek movie by wearing pants so tight you could see the outline of his cock.

by Lt. Iliareply 2001/28/2013

It sounds familiar, R18. Stephen Collins was paired with Shirley MacLaine? That man was beautiful back in the day. He's not bad now, but he was positively stunning then.

by Lt. Iliareply 2101/28/2013

Bomb or not, Persis Khambatta was the best thing in Star Trek.

by Lt. Iliareply 2201/28/2013

Stephen Collins is still hot.

by Lt. Iliareply 2301/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.