Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Would you live in a house built on the remains of a graveyard

Why or why not? Personally, I'd think about it.

by Anonymousreply 3206/08/2015

Um, no. Totally disrespectful towards the dead.

by Anonymousreply 101/28/2013

by Anonymousreply 201/28/2013

Yea why not...

by Anonymousreply 301/28/2013

Here in LA, one of the local Catholic high schools is built on a former cemetery. I think their mascot is a ghost.

Over in Eagle Rock, the old Sav-On Shopping center sits a top a former cemetery. There used to be a plaque commemorating the site, but a KFC is now built on the spot where the plaque used to be.

by Anonymousreply 401/28/2013

PS -- I am not sure if it is all of California or only LA County, but the rules for cemeteries are far different from those in the east, where burial grounds are forever.

Here, the land is made available for development 100 years after the last body is interred.

by Anonymousreply 501/28/2013

"You moved the headstones but you didn't move the bodies!"

by Anonymousreply 601/28/2013

No, disrespectful and....GHOSTS!

by Anonymousreply 901/28/2013

Apparently people are just dying to live there!

by Anonymousreply 1001/28/2013

I do have a former graveyard on my property (I can't bring myself to call it "the remains"). The bodies are still there. But not directly under my house; they're about half a mile away. (It's a fairly large piece of land.)

by Anonymousreply 1101/28/2013

I think if "ghosts" exist, the very LAST PLACE they're going to be is in a cemetery. They're going to be where they lived or died or spooking people they have vengeance of or are protective of.

Why would a cemetery, like a funeral home be haunted, even if ghosts existed? (Which, they don't.)

by Anonymousreply 1201/28/2013

Ever see Poltergeist OP?

by Anonymousreply 1301/28/2013

I wouldn't mind living near a cemetery, but I would not want to live near or on a cemetery where the graves have been disturbed.

I saw that episode of Unsolved Mysteries where the houses were built on top of an old slave cemetery and the homes were plagued with restless spirits of the disturbed dead.

by Anonymousreply 1401/28/2013

What's a graveyard without remains?

by Anonymousreply 1504/11/2013

You'd be safe from The Car!

by Anonymousreply 1604/11/2013

We have recently move from a house in Aylesbury that was the site of a battle in the English civil war and was a mass grave that they removed the bones of 247 dead soldiers before they developed the land. However we felt constantly drained all the time, had many days off sick in that year and the cats were going mad all the time. We also have recordings of orbs down the stair case from one Christmas morning on video. All in all im glad we have moved.

by Anonymousreply 1712/07/2014

by Anonymousreply 1812/07/2014

Hell yeah!

by Anonymousreply 1912/07/2014

No. It would be a foolish decision.

by Anonymousreply 2012/07/2014

I'm sure we all live in houses built over the remains of dead people.

by Anonymousreply 2112/07/2014

I did, briefly, as a child. The house, in fact, the entire block that was built atop a cemetery still exists, and it's right around the corner from me. When the houses were built, no one would buy any of them, due to superstitious fear. My grandmother, a very no-nonsense kinda' gal, bought the first house. Once she wasn't devoured by hell-demons, the remaining houses sold. It was never creepy. I just wish I could find some information about that cemetery.

by Anonymousreply 2212/07/2014

Sure would!

by Anonymousreply 2312/07/2014

Every breath you take contains air molecules that once were in now-dead people's lungs.

by Anonymousreply 2412/07/2014

the planet call earth is 5 billion years old we all live on top something dead do the math!were breating dead people molecules and of all 5 billions year

by Anonymousreply 2506/08/2015

NO, not if its proven to be a graveyard.

by Anonymousreply 2606/08/2015

We aren't breathing dead people's air, we are breathing the exhale of plants. We use oxygen,they use carbon dioxide.

by Anonymousreply 2706/08/2015

I hear Cher keeps her old body parts in her home. So, yes.

by Anonymousreply 2806/08/2015

[quote]Why not? Cemeteries make for good neighbors (though more usually next door than on top of).

This is true. Not only is it quiet (obviously) but certain people who are known to have a tendency toward criminal activity (*cough*) are well-known to be scared shitless of walking through a cemetary at night so you are less likely to be the target of a home invasion/robbery.

And that's all I'm fucking saying.

by Anonymousreply 2906/08/2015

All houses are built on the remains of a graveyard. Do you know what fossils are? They're the remains of some poor animal that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 3006/08/2015

Patty Duke did a TV movie about this called Grave Secrets: The Legacy of Hilltop Drive (TV Movie 1992)

by Anonymousreply 3106/08/2015

[quote]the planet call earth is 5 billion years old we all live on top something dead do the math!were breating dead people molecules and of all 5 billions year

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 3206/08/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!